Boys & Girls Club

Boys & Girls Club United States Employee Reviews

Productive work place, friendly environment and positive people.
Teachers Assistant (Former Employee), Lincoln, RIFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: 30 mins lunch break and nice co-workers.
Cons: no breaks and short shifts.
An expected day at work would be welcoming, smiling faces and everyone is being productive. I get along with co-workers very well, for the most part I gain a long term relationship. The hardest part of a job would be when I first start trying to get the hang of things but after that I should be fine. The most enjoyable part of a job is feeling safe and confident in my work.
love the kids, its fun but stressful with not enough staff
Program Aide (Former Employee), reno nvFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: free meals, field trips, physical activity
Cons: no breaks, no health benefits, not enough hours or pay for what we do.
gym or rec time in the morning then walked them to school. afternoon picked them up from school, took roll. gym time then homework, dinner, outside and finally our programmed group activities. end day cleaning up. I learned a lot about todays kids and what is life is like for them. our management was ok needed improvement but was understandable cause we were short staff. I loved my co workers we all got along well but I felt they could improve on some stuff as an employee. the hardest part about it was not having enough staff and or martials needed for the job. the most enjoyable part of the job was spending time with the kids and doing art projects. I really loved that job cause of the kids, no matter what it was that day they put a smile on face knowing they enjoyed my time as much I enjoyed theirs!!
Great place to be
Volunteer Experience (Current Employee), Vancouver, WAFebruary 17, 2015
Ive volunteered here and have been hooked on since. It has been great knowing that there are people who care and want to see you succeed. Ive had a great impact and growth in learning I love it.
Fun work place
Core Area Leader-Art/Character and Leadership (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: working with kids
Cons: not enough break time to lesson plans.
I did duties such as point-of- service during dinner. Maintain my classroom and provided safety to all of the students who were in my room. Cora are Leader for Art, Health and Fitness, and Character and Leadership. Performed any other duties assigned by my club manager.
fun place to be apart of
Camp Assistant (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLFebruary 17, 2015
working with kids for a fully day. I learned how to be a great leader and how to enlighten younger kids and help them mature. The hardest part of the job was setting up the days events. The easiest part of the job was making kids smile.
Fun place to work while creating great relationships with kids
Games/gym Lead staff (Current Employee), Vancouver WaFebruary 17, 2015
Its a great place to work if you're passionate about making a difference in kids life's that don't usually have too much. Majority of your co workers are a joy to be around and put in a lot of work.
Just a fun place to work while in college
Program Coordinator (Former Employee), Petaluma, CAFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: get paid to play
Cons: pay
This is definitely a part time job to make a little extra cash on the side. It can be supper fun while you're in school. All I did was hangout with kids and play games all day.
enjoyable and challenging
Physical education assistant (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: supportive company, fulltime hours on days off
Cons: no chance for growth for parttimers without degree despite seniority with the club
Being able to say you love what you do is one thing, being able to show it is another. Working with children is not for all and unless you have the patience and the desire to grow as a person it's not for you. I have to follow a daily schedule of activities as well as be coach, doctor, mediator, or teacher. Being adaptable is crucial to the job. I have learned and continue to learn that unless I'm willing to learn and be modest as well as humble I cant learn nor enjoy my job. Management has changed often while I've been at the club and had to adjust to the different personalities but none the less being a subordinate is not an issue and I 'm able to work with others effectively. My coworkers are a pleasure to be around and while they are younger in years I address them as colleagues not to use age as an excuse to be haughty.The hardest part of the job is having to deal with a new child who may have issues and not being told about this and then realizing the parents are not supportive in terms of how to deal with the child.the most enjoyable part is being part of these kids growth, and playing a part in who they become.
Fun working place and constantly changing.
Tutor (Current Employee), Arlington, TXFebruary 12, 2015
Great Place to work. Love being around the kids and having the opportunity to educating the youth. I also enjoy the constantly changing environment. The locations need better management and better communication between the Kids, Staff, and management.
Fun workplace
TEEN COORDINATOR (Former Employee), Marlin, TXFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: good pay, flexible hours
Cons: no breaks, no benefits
Working at the Boys and Girls Club was fun most of the time. Most of the kids were respectful and listened, which made the job easier and more fun. Had great coworkers and the boss was extremely considerate if an issue came up or we needed a day off. The most enjoyable part of the job would be arts and crafts with the kids. The hardest part was when there were children who did not want to follow instructions. I learned how to communicate with children of all ages, how to keep them interested, and how to manage a large group. The days seemed long but, they were always full of laughter and smiles.
Summer job
Group Leader (Former Employee), San Augustine, TXFebruary 11, 2015
Very fun place to work the children can be a little two much to handle but over all the environment was great and the activities were furn also.
Productive teaching and playing foozball with children
Volunteer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: direct activities on the outside field of young men.
Cons: short breaks
Come in early, sign in start maintenance, homework help with the children then have activties. I learned how co-op with the children. Management was very helpful to me I got through the program to where I am now. Co-workers were nice people -helpful. The hardest part of the job was leaving when the children's parents would pick them up at the end of the day. Most enjoyable part of the job seeing the smiles on the children's faces while teaching them and playing with them.
fun work place
assoicate (Former Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: get free snacks, play games, get to play with the kids.
i would get there around breakfast and soon as they were done i would help clean the room while they play games in the room after that i would watch them play and make sure they would play fare.

my co-workers were really nice and help full and they tough me how to do things right and showed me around the place.

the most enjoyable part was playing with the kids and talking to my co-workers on break.
fun
Social recreation Director (Former Employee), fort worth texasFebruary 4, 2015
fun being with kids; I took them to field trips, swimming, went to games, skating, went to tournaments. played basket ball, football, soccer, baseball; kick ball, overall it was about having fun.
Fun upbeat program
21st Century Youth Mentor (Former Employee), Springfield, ILFebruary 3, 2015
Working with the children in this program gave me a better sense of childcare. It is important for children to grow work, study,learn and play together.
Mentor
Mentor (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 2, 2015
I love working with children. I miss this job and the people there. I helped children achieve at the highest level.

Nice work place working with children and mentoring them.
Program Aide (Current Employee), Concord, NcFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: sometimes there were 30+ kids in one group, hard to control them all/
Cons: being able to help kids when needed.
Typical day at work, involves me providing snacks for the children. Giving them instructions and guidance. Management , was nice and gave good advice when needed. Co-workers and I all got along well , joked around a little with each other. Hardest part of the job , I would have to say would be keeping the children under control , they could get out of hand sometimes. The most enjoyable part , would be seeing the kids smile and laugh , also seeing them get happy when they would see me.
Job ready
Ira Samelson Jr (Former Employee), Memphis, TnJanuary 31, 2015
I used to love working at the boys and girls club it has really taught me a lot of stuff. Mentoring the kids were wonderful you learn something new from the kids and their learn something from you it wasn't a hard day working there. The boys and girls club of greater was a amazing place to at.
Volunteer (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 31, 2015
it was volunteer work that I did. I learned a lot and gained more knowledge of how to work with and relate to people. the people I worked with were polite and kind.
Supportive creative and fun coworker.
Case Manager (Former Employee), Worcester, MAJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: client base
Enjoyed working with the staff the managers are very supportive. When it comes to managing programs people are the best to work with.

About Boys & Girls Club

There's no secret handshake -- or specific gender -- required to get into this club, only the desire to have fun. The Boys & Girls – Read more

Boys & Girls Club Photos