Boys & Girls Club Employee Reviews

Very work friendly place
Program Assistant (Current Employee), West Palm Beach, FLJuly 17, 2015
This is a very safe place to bring your kids you will learn teamwork , time management the co-worker are very nice and easy to get along with the hardest part is dealing with bad kids the most enjoy part is when I see the kids smiling face
Very fun
Sales Associate/Inventory Management Supervisor (Former Employee), Terre Haute, INJuly 17, 2015
Very inviting environment, great co-workers and managers. Everyone is down to earth and is willing to work around your schedule
creative and supportive company
Teen Program Coordinator (Former Employee), Glendale, AZJuly 17, 2015
Pros: community based
Cons: limited resources
loved working for boys and girls club. loved working with children and families. Staff and managers where great and very supportive.
i will work fo this company again
staff (Former Employee), portland,orJuly 15, 2015
i liked working for this company everybody was nice and kind and helpfull.we worked with kids playing games.taking them on field tripsand just seeing kids smile made me happy.
Productive work place
Program generalist (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJuly 14, 2015
Pros: decent pay
Cons: short breaks
Fun place to work at with eight hour shifts. I learned how to work independently and with a team. Working with children made me become more of a humble person.
Busy fast paced environment that is challenging and fulfilling
Summer Program Specialist (Current Employee), San Jose, CAJuly 12, 2015
Pros: fun environment
Cons: short breaks, demanding hours
The Boys and Girls Club provides a space for busy working families to bring their children and involve them in a positive healthy environment that helps them grow and mature into active members in their communities. It is a fun and rewarding place to work especially when you can see the impact you are making with the youth in the community. It requires a large amount of patience from you and working with kids that come from diverse backgrounds may not always have you prepared, however the amount you learn and grow from the experience is invaluable.
Fun work place with a opportunity to grow
Program Specialist (Current Employee), Port Salerno, FLJuly 12, 2015
Organizing a orderly program and guidelines for youth to follow. To ensure safety with every club member. Developing fun, engaging, and educational activities for youth.
value
Camp Counselor (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 12, 2015
Pros: Easy Duties
Cons: Temporary
This company had a great working system they gave youth a place to be kid during hard times. In the city of pittsburgh of rec centers where closing and no long offering their services.
Its okay
Volunteer (Former Employee), Selma, NCJuly 11, 2015
Playing with kids.
How to deal with a lot of different personality.
Co-workers really wasn't open or nice.
I didn't really like volunteering there because the workers wasn't very nice
Fun work place , Safe Enviroment
Staff Member (Former Employee), Austin, TXJuly 9, 2015
Pros: Lots of activities with the kids
I enjoyed working at the boys and girls club you get to meet lots of funny children that keep your day going. I supervised children activities, helped organize supplies, and helped out with homework made sure they were in a safe fun environment.
LOVED IT
Food Service Assistant (Former Employee), Deerfield Beach, FLJuly 9, 2015
I WILL GO BACK
WHILEI WORKED THERE IHATED IT.
I STATED WORKING AT OTHER PLAVCES AND THIS SEEMED IKE A HEAVEN TO ME AFTER
MYCOWORKERS WHERE FRIENDLY AND EVERYONE GETSALONG
Productive, organize and fun work place
Kitchen Associate (Former Employee), Valdosta, GAJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Good lunch and games when taking break
Cons: Hours
Our job is to watch the kids that attend the program of the boys and girls. Providing the kids with entertainment and food. Being apart of the company i serve the kids with food that are delicious and nutrient
fun, heart warming , and great
Youth Guidance Worker (Former Employee), Hemingway, SCJuly 1, 2015
To help the kids with their home work and help them to stay out of trouble. To let the kids know that our company care about their life and their Future .
great environment, fun, and well organized
Staff Manager (Former Employee), Jamaica, NYJune 28, 2015
Boys and Girls Club environment was very calm on most days but fun at the same time. I learned how to remain open minded when dealing with children and the importance of dedication. The staff that worked at the Boys and Girls Club were also great with the position they were chose to fulfill. There was not a hard part at the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was showing the kids discipline, respect, and honesty.
I would get an activity together and try to mentor through that after they have relaxed and are having fun.
Student volunteer (Former Employee), Salem, ORJune 26, 2015
Cons: It cost me a lot in gas to travel back and forth from town to town.
It was a great learning experience for me. I was able to get to know kids of a different generation and mentor them in a positive way. I learned how these kids are well aware of their surroundings and how adults try to manipulate them. It was quite interesting to observe the dynamics of these kids with some of the adults.
When I would arrive the first thing I would do would be to sign in and – more... then get out the activities binder and decide which one to prepare for on the bases of how many kids I had. I would then gather them up and see how they respond to the activity. I would then let them dictate to a degree what they think of it, and if it did not work for them then we would try something different.
There was a lot of support from management, these individuals really care for these kids and work hard to show them a different way of life and the possibilities that are out there for them.
The hardest part of the job is when you see the psychological scars that are left on these kids that just want to be kids and not have the world tell them to grow up so fast.
The best part of the job is when you see them relax and have fun and genuinely smile without and defensiveness. That is a good day. – less
Great place to work if you are called to serve
After School Program Assistent Coordinator (Former Employee), FresnoJune 25, 2015
it was a humbling experience working with the children. This was not a paid job for me but definitely worth my the time and effort to help some of the children there that need some guidance.
Can't get better than this
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAJune 25, 2015
My co-workers, who were my management, made my every day at work a pleasure by being welcoming and communicative. I felt that there was no task I could not undertake. I had a comfortable working space, I was able to learn things that pushed me out of my comfort zones, and I gained valuable office experience.
Great place to gain experience working with youth
Youth Development Professional (Current Employee), Rock Hill, SCJune 24, 2015
I typically start my day with a group activity with the youth. Afterwards the members of the club break off into their mile walk/run in order to meet their healthy challenge. The director of the site works closely with counselor to ensure youths goals are being met. I enjoy my coworkers greatly. The hardest part of the job is creating activities for all the youth to enjoy. The mos enjoyable part is getting the chance to be a part of each club members journey to adulthood.
Fun as well as a Learning experience
Volunteer (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJune 23, 2015
Pros: Free food, Playing Games, Mentoring
Cons: Getting asked a million questions at once
This was not a job I was a volunteer at the Boys and Girls club I helped with the kids! I helped them with their home work, played various games with them! I learned from them as well as them learning from me at a early age I saw it as a opportunity to give back and try to mold better minds! I wanted to help make our neighbor safe for our kids or future kids I believe and preserving our own and sustaining our communities!
Productive and fun workplace
Staff (Current Employee), Providence, RIJune 22, 2015
Days varied based on a set schedule. A typical week included arts and crafts, free roam, swimming, biking, gym time, tai-kwon-do, a movie, library/computer time, gardening, breakfast, lunch, and snack. I discovered that I had a preference working woth younger children, but learned to work with kids ages 5-11.