Boys & Girls Club

Boys & Girls Club Employer Reviews

Fun workplace with Fun staff
AmeriCorp member (Former Employee), Jeffersonville, INJanuary 13, 2015
Created and implemented gym activities with 30-65 children aged 6-18. Conducted activities to promote brain stimulation. Encouraged interpersonal relationships among children aged 6-18. Aided in homework help for children aged 6-18. This job helped me to learn patience and how to deal with children that have issues with authority. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the kids apply things I had taught them to their lives, especially with school related things. The hardest part was trying to deal with parents who didn't like the way we did things and the children that refused to listen or follow the rules.
Computer Teacher
Computer Teacher, Group Leader (Former Employee), Ruston, LAJanuary 13, 2015
Great administration and community support. The equipment was donated and a little out-of-date. Overall, though, it sufficed for our needs.
fun and productive
Staff (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLJanuary 13, 2015
typical day at work was always enjoyable, i learned a lot from each and everyone of my students. i love the management there they are an awesome team. my co workers all worked as an team, the hardest part of the job was clocking out, the most enjoyable part of the job was the job it self meeting new students, learning new games , field trips.
Fun Workplace
Strength and Speed Trainer (Former Employee), Cass Lake, MNJanuary 12, 2015
I enjoyed being at the boys & girls club and interacting with all the younger kids and getting them physically active. The hardest part WAS trying to get them interested in doing other activities they normally wouldn't do, but the most enjoyable part was seeing how much fun they were having once we got started on our activity.
Great Place to work with children
Computer Tech (Former Employee), Freeport, ILJanuary 10, 2015
I love how i was able to work with out of lesson children and be a great role model for them
Kid ZONE
Special Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Cape Girardeau, MOJanuary 8, 2015
If you love working with kids and making a difference in a young person's life this is the job for you.
work with children and mentor
Volunteer (Former Employee), Galesburg, ILJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: working with children
Cons: stressful working environment
A typical day consists of helping children with math and reading homework and playing with them at recess. The managers are there to support you. Co-workers are other volunteers. The hardest part of the job is when children are struggling. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you see that you have affected someone's life.
Internal culture does not align with public appearances
Program Assistant (Former Employee), Wausau, WIJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: relationship building with youth, typically low key
Cons: fake management methods
In general, the adults are not in charge here. The program assistants are often intimidated and bullied by troubled teens and youth. The management claims to support staff when they need help in situations, but they do NOT. They prefer to watch through windows and see you struggle with children breaking the rules of the club.
very wonderful staff to help out your kids
Tutor/Mentor (Current Employee), Sparta, WIJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: working with children
Cons: not eough hours
helping the kids than talking to my co workers .I get along great with all my co workers the hardest part of the job is when they are being disrespectful and always saying no .the most enjoyable part is walking into work and have two of the 1st graders waiting for me to come thru the door.
Third grad after school teacher, fun, a bit crazy at times.
Teacher/Counselor (Current Employee), Costa Mesa, CAJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: fun, active
Cons: management, scheduling
To start my day I walk with two other co-workers to pick up the children from Kaiser elementary. I am in charge of 28 eight year olds on a daily basis. The boys and girls club at this location is not ran quit professionally and it is a little frustrating. Schedules are not emailed or given to us. They are posted it seems the same monday they start on for that week, or at best the weekend right before the week starts. Schedules always change, adding on or taking away hours. Hardest part of the job would be not having enough time to tutor each individual child. At times we are found choosing which kids to tutor because we do not have enough staff or homework time in the program. The most enjoyable part of my job is the fact i get to have such a positive influence in all these eight year olds and that their parents love and trust me. This christmas really made me special receiving so many cards and thank you letters from students and parents for what I do at the boys and girls club.
Exciting never a dull moment.
Youth Program Assistant/ Teen Supervisor (Current Employee), Flint, MIJanuary 4, 2015
I was a teen supervisor, I enteracted with my youth staff and the children that came to the club. There is always something for the kids to in every room throughout the day. We all look forward to the big party at the end of the year.
Growth
President/Board of Directors Member (Former Employee), Detroit Lakes, MNJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: volunterr
Assisted the Board and the Program director establish new funding alternatives to grow the club membership 200%.
Marriott is great!!!
Youth Support Staff (Former Employee), Hartford, CTJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: marriott's brand
Cons: management
A wonderful opportunity. Marriott is a great company to work for. Plenty of room for growth.
A fun/educating workplace with many games and loving/respectable staff
Teachers Assistant (Former Employee), Freeport, ILDecember 29, 2014
I would usually help pass out lunch as the kids make it there. Then i would help clean up any mess made while kids sit in lines according to their grade. All assistance go to their grade group and sit their until the teachers make it and we walk to the class room. The teacher takes attendance and we do whatever is planned for the day. When the day is over we wait till the kids leave and go home. I've learned many thing but the most important one is that communication is key, we used it a lot.The management was well and very under control, staff/ co-workers were nice and very well respected. There wasn't really nothing hard about the job because the kids really clicked they loved being around you and i loved seeing them smile every time they knew i was there. when the program was over i still seen the kids in my class around and thy still addressed me with Mrs. Sherrice i still talked to them like everything was normal. i enjoyed being around everyone, everything they were doing was wonderful and i loved being part of this club. i would consider working there if they had me for full time and not seasonal.
Great Experience
Volunteer (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJDecember 29, 2014
Worked well with other children and had fun we seen as a mentor
great place to learn and meet all kinds of people
Intake Specialist (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHDecember 29, 2014
made deposit, count money payroll ordering all inventory and did cashiering I learned how to have great customer service skills my co-workers were happy and heard and treated fairly
Learning experience
Leader (Former Employee), Edgewood, MDDecember 29, 2014
assist team leaders, take roll, make sure kids do what they are supposed to do
learned responsibility, different ways of dealing with kids and certain situations
other Leaders In Training were cool
Productive and fun place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee), bakersfield caDecember 29, 2014
work with kids after school
help them with their homework
come up with fun educational activities for the kids to participate in
Productive environment and a great community
Program Specialist (Former Employee), Tampa, FLDecember 28, 2014
Pros: easy work
Cons: easy work
create lesson plans, interact with the kids, have complete super vision over the kids, fun environment, hard apart of the job is leaving the kids i get along with them so wonderfully, and all the co workers are treated like family with respect work as a team, enjoy seeing everybody smile
camp counselor
Camp Counselor (Former Employee), Wendell, NCDecember 22, 2014
this position allows you to work within your community closely with children in elementary to middle school who require support during curriculm

About Boys & Girls Club

There's no secret handshake -- or specific gender -- required to get into this club, only the desire to have fun. The Boys & Girls – Read more

Boys & Girls Club Photos