Boys & Girls Club

Boys & Girls Club Employee Reviews

Fun environment with small work family.
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee), Queens, NYMay 11, 2015
Modells sporting goods was a great environment to work. It felt like a family and the managers listened to what ever problem you may have and try to accommodate you. The customers made it even better. I was able to learn and work in every department and became very knowledgeable with items. Modells always provided an opportunity for personal growth.
Not a bad company to work for
Program Specialist II Assistant (Former Employee), Decatur, ILMay 11, 2015
The only work they have to offer is during the Spring and Summer seasons. This would be a great job for someone who is home for the summer from college or a high school student
AWESOME
Art Teacher (Former Employee), Odessa, TXMay 11, 2015
Not a money making place. It is non profit but it pays the bills, and thats what a job is supposed to do. I taught art here during the summer program. It was stressful at first becuase I had only previously taught sunday school kids. Not exactly the same group. But I learned how to respect children for what they handle and do, and not for their age. It is definitely not a job you can have without caring.
Internship
Teacher (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAMay 11, 2015
Pros: lunch, work, enviorment
Cons: no pay, internship
i really enjoyed this job, even though it was an internship. i was happy to help out my community.
I was a math mentor at a boy and girls club.
Boys and Girls Club
Teen Program Director/In-House Graphic Designer (Current Employee), Woonsocket, RIMay 10, 2015
Pros: fun activities and programs for kids
Cons: poor pay
Working for a boys and girls club will always be a positive experience because you're making a difference in lives of youths depending on the community you're living in.
This job can become very stressful if you don't have patience and lack the support of management to be successful at this position.
Fun Summer Job!
Music Teacher (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CAMay 9, 2015
Wonderful place if you are good with kids. Fun summer job that meant a lot to me. Loved working with kids from all backgrounds and being able to inspire and teach them.
Great job for working with kids
Counselor (Former Employee), Union, NJMay 9, 2015
Pros: Free snacks
Cons: No job security
Great place to work if you love working with kids. Co-workers are hard-working and very casual for the most part. Only bad thing is, its a part time job.
Rewarding
Youth Counselor (Former Employee), Brownsville, TNMay 8, 2015
Pros: Fun, Helping Kids
Cons: No Healthcare
Working with the kids was a joy. No company benefits other than 401K was not appealing. Enjoyed a lot of activities with the kids at the center and outside of the center.
helped kids with homework
teen counselor (Former Employee), Bellwood, ILMay 4, 2015
Pros: Enjoyed spending time with the kids
Cons: No breaks
Help the children with their homework and play educational games. I learned that the children only react off of the staffs behavior. The management was okay and so was the co-workers. There was not any hard parts to the job. The most enjoyable part was getting to play different games with the children.
Group Advisor
Group Advisor (Former Employee), Providence, RIMay 3, 2015
Design deliver, and evaluate camp program that meets the needs and interests of the camps target populations and ensure their delivery in a safe and quality manner. Remain current with information on the developmental needs of youth. Annually seek and analyze input from youth, families, and staff regarding the quality, safety, and enjoyment of the program and staff. Develop and implement crisis and risk management procedures.
Teen Specailist (Current Employee), Sandersville, GAMay 3, 2015
Pros: works with kids
Cons: not many hours
I keep the kids learn various things at the facility. We do different types of programs and I administrative the programs to te kids. We help with home home
A place that i would love to take my future kids
Tutor de Fotografía (Former Employee), Puerto Rico, LoizaMay 2, 2015
Pros: Free launch
Cons: Short Job Title
In the B&GC of Loiza we learn to take care of young kids & teach them about music, photography & video ! They learn the process of beeing a camera men to a post producer !
Fun
Education Director (Former Employee), Springfield, ILMay 2, 2015
Pros: being around the children made me feel young again
Cons: difficulty not to become attached
Prepared and implemented lesson plans for the BGCA educational programs.
Facilitated educational outings within the community.
Submitted daily attendance and monthly paperwork to the Unit Director.
annoying bosses
Activity Leader (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 30, 2015
Pros: fun with children
Cons: no breaks
no communication, or structure. a total mess and no breaks ever and there is no teamwork sometimes and there is no consistency
Great for College Students
Program Counselor (Former Employee), Joliet, ILApril 29, 2015
This job was perfect for college students. The pay was decent for the workload and everyday is different with the kids. You leave work feeling like you impacted a kids life everyday.
Helping children
Staff Member (Former Employee), Pacolet, SCApril 29, 2015
fun workplace
Child Care (Former Employee), Milledgeville, GAApril 29, 2015
i would come in to a family environment, everybody work together. the kids was a inspiration to work. we come in get all things need for the daily activities. before we do any activities we had to make sure all home work was done.
Fun place to work.
Program Specialist (Former Employee), Columbia, SCApril 28, 2015
Overall an amazing job to have. I helped to mold young minds while providing as safe and fun envionment. Do not go here if you are looking for fast money. 5 hours a day at $9 dollars an hour. You do that math. The best reward is when you know you have helped further a childs life. :')
It was a really fun job and i learned alot.
Club Care Coordinator and Program Aide (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ARApril 27, 2015
I was in charge of a around five staff members and took care of over seventy kids Monday through Friday. Every day we help them with their homework or class activities.My co-wokers were great. We were a good team. Hardest part of the job would be the parents, they can be difficult to work with. Being able to help the kids in need watching them succeed is the best part.
Productive kid friendly
Program Assistant (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 27, 2015
4 hours a day Monday - Friday off weekends. Management was decent my Co-workers where they best. Lack of staff was the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part was being off every weekend.

About Boys & Girls Club

There's no secret handshake -- or specific gender -- required to get into this club, only the desire to have fun. The Boys & Girls – Read more

Boys & Girls Club Salaries

$9.75 per hour

Boys & Girls Club Photos

Connect with Love
fun
Wacky tacky day at work.