Boys & Girls Club Employee Reviews

Enjoyable atmposhere and decent pay.
Coach (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 22, 2015
The Boys & Girls Club was a fun experience as my first job. The workers were friendly towards me and made me feel welcome. The kids were a handful at times but overall not too bad. The hardest part of the job was cleaning the basketball court when it rained, that took a lot of strength and stamina. The best and most enjoyable part of the job was when the kids had lunchtime and we had to overlook them.
working for BandG
Assist staff (Former Employee), Fort Defiance, AZJune 20, 2015
Pros: free food, free recreation room, playground, baseball field, skatepark
Cons: slow days
Typical day is getting the schedule ready for activities. learned different team building activities and management was awesome. Coworkers were awesome. hardest part of job is slow days when kids are in school. enjoyable part of job is helping kids with school and keeping them active in all sports or team builders.
Fun and productive company
Volunteer Work (Former Employee), Danville, VAJune 18, 2015
Friendly and comfortable atmospshere. Lots of fun activities for the children to engage in. Learn responsibility such as answering phone calls and keeping a clean workplace. Hardest part of the job was giving out snacks to kids with allgeries. Having fun with the kids.
Boya & girls club
Volunteer Work (Former Employee), Bloomington, IndianaJune 17, 2015
It was a fun place to volunteer at. I did it for basketball and we played with the kids and did activities. It was good to see the kids enjoy it and them looking to us like we were their big sisters.
boys and girls club
Recreation Leader (Former Employee), Apopka, FLJune 16, 2015
Pros: did not work nights
Cons: NOT ENOUGH money
oustanding place t work enjoy the people the kids the diffrents things we did together. I loved doing the summer program every year. Seeing th grow up before my eyes . I felt i had an impact on everyone I worked with. Best job i HAVE EVER HAD.
a lot of fun everywhere
Cook (Former Employee), Oroville, CAJune 15, 2015
fun experience. awesome environment. great kids, great staff, great jobs great programs. awesome place for kids to learn and grow.
Fun
Tutor (Former Employee), Tahlequah, OKJune 15, 2015
Pros: Fun, simple
Cons: Short hours
It is always fun dealing with small children, allowing yourself to play games and encourage the growth of others. Teaching children was the most rewarding experience for me.
Fun workplace!
Arts teacher (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAJune 9, 2015
Pros: Long lunch breaks
Great experience overall. Management was very understanding and made the workplace run smoothly. If it wasn't just a summer job I would've loved to have stayed.
Love the mission
High School Clubhouse Coordinator (Former Employee), Vidalia, GAJune 9, 2015
I love the mission that Boys and Girls Club stand for. They really work to give all children an opportunity at learning while having fun in a conducive environment. I enjoyed my time with the children it gave me an opportunity to see things in a different perspective.
productive andfun work place
Youth Counselor (Former Employee), Newburgh, NYJune 8, 2015
I LOVED this job. I love all the kids, i enjoy spending my day to help them with there needs, home work, and anything they needed help with.
After school program.
Mentor (Former Employee), Reading, PAJune 4, 2015
Pros: Planning different activities with the students.
Cons: Not being helping the students to their fullest potential.
A typical day was fun and active. I learned to be patient and how to take control of arguments and fights between students. My managers were very hands on. My co workers were great they were very supportive. The hardest part of my job was the poor pay. The most enjoyable part of my job was having fun with the students.
Fun place to be
Volunteer Work (Former Employee), Ypsilanti, MIJune 2, 2015
I loved being able to mentor all of the kids at the club. I looked forward to volunteering there every week. The club really cares about all of the kids and doesn't leave anyone out. I was honored that they asked me to come back in the fall and volunteer more time.
fun will always find you at work
Bus Driver/Counselor/Activities Assistant (Former Employee), Chicopee, MAJune 2, 2015
Even though I stayed for a short time, nothing brought more fun to me and smiles to my face than seeing the kids and getting to run around with them as well as teaching them how to communicate with other kids and play games without fighting. It was difficult at times because each kid is different, but it was great to come into work knowing that I was someones role model and someone that a kid can tell their parents and siblings about.
Amazing Staff and Leadership
Youth Development Professional/Program Director (Current Employee), Chula VIsta, CAJune 1, 2015
Working for the BGC made me realize I love working with kids. I found my job very rewarding and challenging! My co-workers and supervisors are very supportive.
Loved working with the kids
Health and Life Skills Coordinator (Current Employee), Waukesha, WIJune 1, 2015
I loved going to work and seeing the kids faces everyday. I felt like I was making a difference in their lives and that they could use what I taught them in their own lives. My coworkers were great and were always there when I needed advice or help with any problems. I enjoyed every minute of going to work, and would not have traded it for anything else.
Fun Place
Youth Development Professional (Current Employee), Garden Grove, CAJune 1, 2015
Pros: Free shirts
Cons: Short Breaks
Very good place to work if you are trying to specialize in kids. Co-Workers are very fun to be around. Breaks and pay are short if you are barley starting off in the business.
Fun work place.
Program Aid (Current Employee), Fernley, NVMay 31, 2015
The Club is an amazing place to work, it has awesome people who work there. It gives me hope to wake up and work there every single day.
Productive and fun workplace focused around caring for children.
Vista Member (Former Employee), Yorktown, VAMay 30, 2015
I was responsible for basic camp counselor duties such as manning the front desk periodically, keeping a watchful eye over groups at a time and making sure they stay on task with whichever group they were assigned to at the moment, distributing lunch and snacks, and also in charge of the education component of the program. My co-workers were nice for the most part and so was my site supervisor. He assisted me when I needed help and offered to write any letter of recommendation that I may need in the future.The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to interact with the children everyday and learning their different personalities.
Productive and hard working
Mentor with Reading and Math (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALMay 28, 2015
Working with children and seeing them prosper in their work and activities. I have learned that children are precious and need tender loving care. My management was very helpful. My co-workers was pleasant and helpful. I didn't have any hard part of my job because I got along with others. The most enjoyable part was getting along with others.
Educational environment
Volunteer (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CAMay 28, 2015
Pros: wonderful people, experiences with kids, learned
I had a chance to work with a great person who gave me a chance to volunteer at their school. I volunteered at Manual Esqueda Elementary and I volunteered for their Boys and Girls Club every day after school. I tutored students in the library with math and English. I also created activities for the girls who were part of the cheer leading team and taught them cheers for upcoming football games. Every day was different and something new to work with which was really fascinating to me. It was nice to hear that the girls would tell my manager that they liked the way I taught them and they actually learned. I found out many things about myself when I volunteered here that I didn't know. When it was time to go to the actual Club the children had plenty of activities and help for those who needed extra help on their homework assignments. I gave them as much of assistance as I could to those students who asked for help.