Boys & Girls Club Employee Reviews

Found 1,061 reviews matching the search
great schedule
Activity Leader (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAOctober 12, 2015
I work at a school for the after school program have a class about 20 students, my supervisor is very helpful as well as my co-workers. the most enjoyable part of my day is seeing my students.
Teacher assistant (volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WAOctober 12, 2015
This job is a lot new experience for me and i was able to help kid finish there homework before the head home and i learn so much about this job and how to interact better with kids and there staff who work there. The co worker are very wonderful and teach me the skills i need to know and learn from the different point of view.
Worked with students and school staff
Site Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIOctober 12, 2015
I worked closely with my staff and school staff to make the students who attended the Boys and Girls Club to always have a positive experience. We ran different programs every hour. We awarded those students who dedicated their time to doing their homework.
Pros
Getting to know the students on a different level
Cons
No insurance
enjoyed
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Tampa,FLOctober 12, 2015
Worked with them along time, enjoyed all of my co-workers. Management is well organized. easy to stay employed. Benifits is excellent.
Fun work place with watching childern after school
Boys & Girls Club Asst. Director, Site Director (Former Employee) –  Freeport, TXOctober 12, 2015
From the classroom to the office, this job was fun and productive. I was able to learn the business and elevate within the company. I continued to train and grow in knowledge of the company while learning management skills to add to my resume and knowledge of business.
Boys & Girls Club
boy an girls club (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDOctober 10, 2015
Same thing i do go in an help the kids with homework.
I learn how to not help myself but others too.
My co-works that i meet got along good.
The hardest part was to get comfortable with the children.
I love see the nice faces going in to my job.
Assisting Children with homework, hygiene, and social skills. I've learned that children will mold our future.
Teachers Aide (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 9, 2015
Great environment for children during the school year and summer program. Children are always kept busy during summer camp and school years. The gardening program was added to the summer program and the children really enjoyed it. Fees are very affordable
Pros
Energetic environment, affortable, early morning hours, late evening hours, holiday pay
Cons
problem with ratio, confidentially, disrespect and profanity
Great!
Fairland Unit Director (Former Employee) –  Miami, OKOctober 9, 2015
Boys & Girls Club is an amazing place to work but just not enough pay. I started as a Program Staff working with the kids and then moved up into a Unit Director position and was in charge of running the Fairland Unit.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Not enough money
fun job
Teacher/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  odessa,txOctober 8, 2015
very fun job, fun activities, lovable kids, fun field trips, good snacks, fun-coworkers, very awesome place for kids to go and have fun after school and during the summer
Pros
fun job
Cons
not alot hours
Most responsible job I have ever worked.
After School Tutor (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIOctober 7, 2015
This was a volunteer job I accepted to get job experience. The responsibility of having to watch over more kids than just your relatives was a bit overwhelming, but I got used to it.
Great
Counselor/Lifeguard Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJOctober 7, 2015
As a young man this job taught me how to value working and helping people in the community. Here i was a lifeguard assistant and made sure all was well around the pool and in various other facets within the Boys & Girls experience.
Pros
Great
Boys & Girls Club
staff (Former Employee) –  santa monica CAOctober 7, 2015
Under the supervision of the Vice President, Marketing Integration, the National Director, Brand Strategy is primarily responsible for leading and supporting activities for BGCA’s national marketing. This entails developing cross channel communication and leveraging internal and external partners to ensure that the BGCA brand voice is clearly communicated, helping deepen connections and understanding of our mission to the general public.
Fun work environment
Mentor (Former Employee) –  Dublin, GAOctober 6, 2015
being able to help young kids excel in and out of the classroom is something I enjoy doing. I was able to help kids become more proficient in basic subjects such as Math, english, Science and History. Also, i was a listening ear to those who needed extra help or someone to talk to. This job gave me the opportunity to teach kids how to be successful in life but also how to balance school and fun.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
N/A
This job was perfect for a high school student
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Helena, AROctober 5, 2015
I have no ill feelings towards this organization. I am grateful for the opportunity presented to me. I had an opportunity to make a difference within my own community, and chances like that don't come around every day.
Pros
Flexible Schedules
Cons
pay and job security.
Productive and fun work place
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 4, 2015
The Boys and Girls Club does a fantastic job of ensuring that children are invested in their education and health. It was a great opportunity to be involved in the children's development. It was very hard to watch over so many kids, but someone has to be there for them. The Boys and Girls Club is a tight knit community, and I was happy to be a part of it.
Pros
job placement based on interests
Productive and fun workplace
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  4103 Benning Rd NEOctober 3, 2015
This job was a productive and fun workplace teaching children from right and wrong. The most enjoyable part about the job was having fun with the children, but as well as learning from co-workers. Also being able to make the best out of whatever it is the supervisor has planned for you and the children.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
a productive and fun work place with a safe enviorment
Gym Assistant/Youth Counselor (Current Employee) –  Haverhill, MASeptember 28, 2015
As you walk up the front stairs and open the doors,right away you'll hear the sounds of kids running and laughing. The staff welcomes you to the club with open arms and promises a fun a safe environment. The club offers many activities for the kids such as the game room, the teen room, homework room, a gymnasium, computer room, dance room, and an arts & crafts room. The hardest part of the job is getting the kids to feel comfortable with you and being able to talk to them but with a good attitude and a smile on your face anything is possible. The most enjoyable part of the job is that every kid looks up to you as not only just a staff member but as a friend. The directors here at the club strongly favor promoting a fun work environment because they believe such environments offer
great benefits both to the individual and the organization. To them, fun working environments are here to stay.
Pros
Lunch served everyday, snacks as well, sports programs.
Cons
N/A
A true privileged
Assistant Educator (Former Employee) –  Gaffney, SCSeptember 27, 2015
Working with the youth of America in such a friendly environment hardly seems like work. I was very fortunate to have the ability to influence the lives of so many.
FUN WORK
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 27, 2015
TEACH THE KIDS HOW TO PLAY BASKETBALL,SWIM IN THE POOL, OS ARTS AND CRAFTS AND TABLE GAMES LIKE POOL TABLE TENNIS AND WENT ON FIELDTRIPS AND HELP WITH THEY HOME WORK
Pros
FREE FOOD EVERYDAY
Cons
SHORT HOURS
Productive and Fun work place with children from different background.
Athletic Operations Intern (Former Employee) –  Morristown, TNSeptember 25, 2015
A fun and positive place to work. You are pretty much thrown in with little introduction to how things are run and so it's a lot of learning on your feet with a large group of kids with many different ages and very different backgrounds. My management seems to really love kids and have passion for what they do, but getting to know them and connect with them in any capacity is extremely difficult so far. I love the vision and goals of the boys and girls club and look forward to partnering with them to support and encourage our future generations to both succeed and be responsible and respectful adults.

4.3