Boys & Girls Club

Boys & Girls Club Employer Reviews

Fun workplace
Team Leader (Current Employee), Lawrence, KSOctober 28, 2014
If you love kids than you should work here
not too many hours so its flexible
fun workplace to work at
Crew Leader (Former Employee), Kenosha, WIOctober 27, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: shorts brake
i like it but i did recive alot of money and the kids i like and its cool i guess to work at
Great time!
Teachers Aide (Former Employee), Thomasville, ALOctober 26, 2014
Worked here during the summers of highschool and college until they shut down.
Awesome place to volunteer
Volunteer (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNOctober 22, 2014
Working with the children can be difficult but also rewarding. Staff is friendly and open.
Area Manager
Area Manager (Current Employee), Garden Grove, CAOctober 21, 2014
My typical day at work is to scan our members into our data base. Also maintain communication with other supervisor and mentor them. Then plan out the day, for my afterschool program. Once the bell rings, I have my staff set for the day and their schedules organized. I have my lead run programming. Then, I drive to other sites coach the site supervisors and observe their program. Then, I drive back to my school. Bond and talk with my members. Once it is sign out at 6pm I try to speak to all of our parents.

I love my job and what I do.

I also conduct trainings for the organization.
Help interview for new Youth Development Professionals
Attend Community of Practice Meeting and represent the organization
Speak to school Principals

The hardest part of my job are the hours I work
mentoring kids
Mentor (Former Employee), Wichita, KSOctober 19, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: no benifits seasonal
helping the kids with their homework

how to control different situations

management was very understanding good people

co-workers was easy to work with

disciplining the kids

seeing the kids progress
productive
Mentor (Former Employee), trenton njOctober 18, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: shorthours
beautiful and safe clean workplace that you can enjoy doing your job
Fun workplace
Program Aide (Current Employee), OrangeOctober 18, 2014
Although it is a learning experience, working with children teaches you multiple things. Since I began working at the Boys and Girls Club I have changed my mind about what I want my future career to be
Fastpace
Asst (Former Employee), Decatur IlOctober 15, 2014
Love the Kids at the boys and girls club this job is so postive.
Rewarding place to work
Area Director (Former Employee), Laguna Beach, CAOctober 14, 2014
Pros: flexibilty
Cons: management
A typical day is very rewarding and meaningful. You must be self directed and and self motivated. Management uses a laissez faire style then passive aggressive when issues get complicated. Hardworking co workers however everyone one is in it for themselves. Hardest part of the job is getting support when needed not just lip service.
Secretary Job
Secretary (Current Employee), Detroit, MIOctober 13, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
My summery about working in the Boys and Girls Club is that I love the muslti-culture and the diversity that I am in. Working with awesome, hard workers employees gives me motivation to work there. They are very cooperative, helpful, and have a goal to achieve. Parents are very respectful. Work environment is always the reason to love working there. I just love my job.
Safe environment.
Program Leader (Former Employee), Binghamton, NYOctober 13, 2014
The duties of the job were to create a safe environment for children to learn and have fun while waiting for their parents to get out of work.
A positive place for kids
Volunteer (Current Employee), Wilson County, Floresville, TXOctober 12, 2014
Pros: the impact the organization has on children
Cons: the doubt expressed on a regular basis by total strangers
Boys and Girls Club of Wilson County is a non-profit organization dedicated to nurturing underprivileged children in Wilson County, Texas.
I am President of the Board of Directors for that branch of the Boys and Girls Club. It's a part time job focusing primarily on creating bylaws and making decisions that impact the club on a whole. Any time the Boys and Girls Club has to negotiate for building spaces or property and equipment to be donated, the board of directors takes over to get the best outcome for both the club and the local population.
The toughest part of the job is knowing that not everyone shares the belief that Boys and Girls Club exists to build up children. With so many other non-profit organizations jockeying for donated time, space and money, it becomes a big challenge to get our projects completed many times.
The absolute best part of the position is the ultimate impact is has on the children of the community. When you see children compete for scholarships and come together to work as a team with one another who would never be part of each others' lives otherwise, it gives a sense of satisfaction. There's also a sense of satisfaction to see some of the children grow up and go off to college, or go out on their own having learned many of their leadership and organizational skills through the Boys and Girls club.
Productive work place
Volunteer (Former Employee), Brockton, MAOctober 9, 2014
Please see resume for basic duties and review on this work place - which is attached for more.
Economical for families and fun for the kids with all they could ask for.
Camp Counselor (Former Employee), Nantucket, MAOctober 9, 2014
Pros: working with kids and going on thrips with them around the island
Cons: low pay for the island environment
Start time @ 7:30 am then activities all day with the kids until they leave around 4 pm.
Positive and fun working atomophere
Teacher (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEOctober 9, 2014
Pros: free snacks.
Cons: part-time
A typical day was planned with a full range of activities. Management was fair and worked as a part of the team. Co-workers were friendly. Hardest part of my job was getting up to in to work in the morning. The most enjoyable part was working with children, and teaching them things they couldn't learn in a classroom.
Great Organization
area Director (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIOctober 8, 2014
Pros: able to make a difference
Cons: burnout
I have learned many new skill sets
Great people to work with
I love what they stand for.
Enjoyed working with little kids
Assistant (Former Employee), 1400 Raiders Way, Oxnard, CA 93033October 7, 2014
Pros: group activities
Cons: disobedient children
This job was very fun and enjoyable, I learned that you can make a difference in peoples lives while having fun at the same time. The management was great, there weren't any real problems while working there. Everyone got along together really well, and the hardest part about the job was trying to control the children who got out of hand. It was a great job experience overall and I'd highly recommend it to anyone who wants to help out others or is just looking for a job to have fun and interact with people.
A place for kids ages 7 to 17 to come and play at
Assist young (Former Employee), Lansing, MIOctober 7, 2014
Pros: free snack
Cons: short breaks
When I worked here we had to clean the tables after they ate, we had to make sure the children were being nice and playing fair. I learned how to get along with people around me and how to make resumes and letters. the most hardest part of the day is after the children get done eating because they like to leave trash laying around but I don't mind it because there children they are going to do that. the most enjoyable part of the day is when we get to work with the children because most of them always participate
Great
Assist the Administrative Staff (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 5, 2014
The kids were fun to be around. The staff were great in helping the transition to the company.

About Boys & Girls Club

There's no secret handshake -- or specific gender -- required to get into this club, only the desire to have fun. The Boys & Girls – Read more

Boys & Girls Club Photos