Boys & Girls Club

Boys & Girls Club United States Employee Reviews

Mentor
Mentor (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 2, 2015
I love working with children. I miss this job and the people there. I helped children achieve at the highest level.

Nice work place working with children and mentoring them.
Program Aide (Current Employee), Concord, NcFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: sometimes there were 30+ kids in one group, hard to control them all/
Cons: being able to help kids when needed.
Typical day at work, involves me providing snacks for the children. Giving them instructions and guidance. Management , was nice and gave good advice when needed. Co-workers and I all got along well , joked around a little with each other. Hardest part of the job , I would have to say would be keeping the children under control , they could get out of hand sometimes. The most enjoyable part , would be seeing the kids smile and laugh , also seeing them get happy when they would see me.
Job ready
Ira Samelson Jr (Former Employee), Memphis, TnJanuary 31, 2015
I used to love working at the boys and girls club it has really taught me a lot of stuff. Mentoring the kids were wonderful you learn something new from the kids and their learn something from you it wasn't a hard day working there. The boys and girls club of greater was a amazing place to at.
Volunteer (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 31, 2015
it was volunteer work that I did. I learned a lot and gained more knowledge of how to work with and relate to people. the people I worked with were polite and kind.
Supportive creative and fun coworker.
Case Manager (Former Employee), Worcester, MAJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: client base
Enjoyed working with the staff the managers are very supportive. When it comes to managing programs people are the best to work with.
Fun place
Mentor/Tutor (Former Employee), Albany, GAJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: fulfilling experience
Helped with homework, assisted with classrooms as well as mentored the students. Director was very sweet, as well and so was the kids I worked with.
Fun place to work
Activites Leader (Current Employee), AzJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: fun, and friendly
Cons: pay, hours (part time) and little benefits.
Not great pay, but good for the position, ability to move up, and lots of fun.
Productive and fun
Coaching (Former Employee), Fall River, MAJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Work was fun and enjoyable everyday. Co-workers are great, staff are friendly and its well managed. The hardest part of the job, there are none. The most enjoyable part of the job would be being active and teaching the children the sport or activity at hand.
Good place to work; friendly and fun
Youth Development Coordinator/Tech Instructor (Former Employee), Bowling Green, KYJanuary 26, 2015
I worked in the technology lab, supervising members that were engaged in online activities. I assisted in homework duties and maintained the integrity of the software and hardware within the laboratory.
Educational and Fulfilling
Youth Volunteer (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJanuary 24, 2015
I really enjoyed being able to volunteer at the Boys and Girls Club in Raleigh. I had the opportunity to provide a positive outlet for disadvantaged youth which was very fulfilling to me.
Volunteer at an after school program
Volunteer (Former Employee), Huntington, WVJanuary 23, 2015
This facility is an after school program and this was in a lower income area. These kids needed young adults they can look up too. The activities included finishing homework, playing games, keeping occupied with positive reinforcement. The hardest part in having patience with some children but also remembering you are there to help them understand and learn appropriate behavior.
great place
Volunteer (Former Employee), el monte caJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Helps the community in many ways coaching the kids at the park was an amazing experience which has helped learn how to cope with different people.
Productive place to work, with youth
Internship (Current Employee), Binghamton, NYJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: free lunch, you get to watch teens grow up and mature and move on to high school and on to college.
I served as a mentor for the youth at the boys and girls club. A typical day at the boys and girls club I helped with tutoring, homework, art and crafts, computers sessions, out-door sports and in-door sports. We also had focus groups for the male teens which we called "passport to manhood" which we used to prepare the youth about what it means to be and become a man. I did not find this job to be hard at all, when you are passionate about working and helping youth it no longer feels like it is a job. Watching the teens grow up and mature into the promising young men and women makes what I do even more fulfilling. The important key is to help them transition from high school and then to college.
Awesome people to work with, great culture, inspiring
Site Coordinator (Current Employee), Spanaway, WAJanuary 20, 2015
Awesome co-workers/management
-Fast pace environment
-inspiring our youth for the greater good.
Great work environment with great children and good co-workers
Staff/Team (Former Employee), Hueytown, ALJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: being with the kids
My day at the Boys and Girls Club consisted of just learning about the children and building a relationship with them and just hanging out with them. I would make sure they were having fun and making sure they were doing what they were suppose to be doing. My managers and co-workers were the best they taught me how to work with the children better and I could go to them with questions I had. The hardest part about my job was sitting the children out I hated that because I like to see them having fun and not getting in trouble, but I also knew it was part of the job. My favorite thing about the job was coming in everyday and the children running up to me, excited to see me everyday and if I missed a day they would ask where I was and why I didn't come in. This job has been my favorite because I got to watch children and help them daily.
productive and fun work place with children
Junior Staff (Former Employee), INJanuary 15, 2015
Cons: few hours
A typical day at The Boys and Girls Club for work would began after I arrived from school. I would go to my assigned area and line all the children up for snack in the cafeteria. Before we all left to snack, I made sure the children cleaned up and put away their games and toys. I also take attendance. Once all the children are lined up, they eat snack and I play a game with them. After everyone eats their snack I take the children into their area to help them with their homework. Once each student finishes their homework they can either go the gym or the computer lab, which is where I fill in when needed. Around that time parents come to pick their children up. After all the children have left, I go around and lock up, clean up, and make sure things are in place. The hardest part about the job is just dealing with Children struggling to abide by the rules. For the most part, I loved the job, I love being around the kids, and my co-workers were very friendly.
fun with kids
Counselor (Former Employee), Talladega, ALJanuary 15, 2015
It was just summer fun. Working with kids of all race getting to know them and teaching them things they will need in life.
If You Love Kids You'll Love This Job
Youth Development Specialist (Former Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: self fulfillment, being a role model, a sense of giving back
Cons: no benefits, low pay, behavorial kids
The Boys & Girls Club is a hit & miss kind of job. Working with kids is a self fulfilling job & some days will be much better than others. I think in every school you have a problem child but, that comes with the territory. I was in charge of sports & gaming so I didn't face that degree of difficulty my coworkers did but all in all if you can manage your attitude & love kids this is a perfect job for you.
lot of work
Intake Specialist (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJanuary 14, 2015
Responsible for all store operations
Supervised and trained staff, managed the property, implemented company polices, managed inventory, kept payroll and maintained budget
Opened and closed store
Prepared all employees files, generated reports and reviews
Provided exceptional customer and processed sale transactions efficiently and professionally
Computer Lab Manager (Former Employee), Hoboken, NJJanuary 13, 2015
Gave me quality of Tolerance, Teaching, Management, IT Skills, Sports Skills, Driving,.....

About Boys & Girls Club

There's no secret handshake -- or specific gender -- required to get into this club, only the desire to have fun. The Boys & Girls – Read more

Boys & Girls Club Salaries

$9.25 per hour

Boys & Girls Club Photos

Connect with Love
fun
Wacky tacky day at work.