Boys & Girls Club

Boys & Girls Club Employer Reviews

Decent work enviroment
Youth Development Specialist (Former Employee), Stafford, TxOctober 1, 2014
Get the kids to do their homework and not get so frustrated with the kids. Cleaned facility and monitored the kids and their behavior
love this place
Teen Director (Former Employee), Denver, COSeptember 30, 2014
i loved this job just not enough pay. loved this kids and the staff and the program in general
tesk homework
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee), Troy, NYSeptember 29, 2014
i helped with homework .ready their backs n study for testes . nothing really to hard. i learned how to help the understand their work and how to better themselves .
Great Staff and Environment
Program Aide (Former Employee), Spring Hill, FLSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: relationships with the children, friendly environment
Cons: split shifts
A typical day at work would involve facilitating programs with your 25 children, before and after school. I learned how to develop strong relationships, how to be a leader, and how to professionally communicate with others.

Management was was extremely friendly and helpful. They would politely tell you the things that you could do better and give you tips on how to improve that aspect of your responsibilities. They recognized you when you did an outstanding job. Co-workers were great people, some of which I am still friends with,

The hardest part of the job was that it could be overwhelming at times. Being responsible for 25 children at one time can be a handful. You had to be on your toes, and always watching everything that was going on.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to develop a relationship with the children. The kids look up to you and it is such an amazing feeling to know that you are truly impacting the lives of these children.
Bad!
Tutor/Relationship Builder (Former Employee), Marion, INSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: great tutoring services
Cons: workers
The workers there try to make it seem like a great place, but it's not as great as they say. If the kids misbehave, there are no consequences to their actions. The workers say they have a management plan and that they do discipline kids, but that's a lie. The kids walk all over the workers because the workers let them. The only good thing about the place is that the kids get tutored by local college students. If the kids actually take advantage of the tutoring services there, they will do better in school. Most of the tutors there are volunteers from Indiana Wesleyan University, and most of them are education majors, so they know how to tutor.
Boys & Girls Club
Mentor Teacher (Former Employee), Dayton, OHSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: free lunches, working
Cons: leaving work
The club help me get money in it bettered my education by keeping on track while I was working they aloud me to do school work in helped me find the right college , the club on a bad day was still fun an entertaning , from readin an doing math to running all over the gym. The club keep people positive in a way , the co workers are lovable in are welling to help for anything
A workplace that can always make me laugh
Counselor (Current Employee), Simi Valley, CASeptember 24, 2014
Pros: short hours, respect
Cons: attitudes from kids, short hours with low pay
A day at the Boy's And Girl's Club would be a struggle, but enjoyable. Some of the hardest obstacles to overcome would be the kids that don't enjoy being there, so they don't listen when you are talking to them, or they talk back with attitude. The best thing to do in that situation would be to sit down with them and have a talk by themselves so they aren't influenced by their friends, and see what's going on. The most enjoyable part of my job would be the kids that always come in with a smile on their face, and are respectful and make me laugh. My co-workers are great. They are always around for a helping hand, and come together as a team when needed.
Boys and Girls Club
Membership Clerk/Education Program Specialist (Former Employee), Thomson, GASeptember 19, 2014
Working at the Boys and Girls Club is always interesting and often challenging but I have loved it for a long time.
volunteer tutor
tutor (Former Employee), olympia waSeptember 18, 2014
I was able to cultivate bonds with youth and learn how to better interact with young people. this experience motivated me to want to have my own advocacy organization for youth and families
Volunteer
Coach youth baseball (Former Employee), PlacentiaSeptember 17, 2014
I would help coach kids with learning how to play baseball. I was strictly volunteer
Shift Manager
ATHLETIC PROGRAM DIRECTOR/BASKETBALL COACH (Former Employee), Athens, GASeptember 17, 2014
Pros: learning customer service
Cons: closed
Analzying data and evaluating results to choose the best solution and problem solve issues through out the day.Performing day-to-day administrative tasks.
best time ever
volennter (Former Employee), by farmer exchangeSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: fun
Cons: geting tired
I had the best time ever there and learned how to teach and the co worker were good helping
Substitute Teaching and Soccer Coaching
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Whiteland, INSeptember 15, 2014
I have to be organized, flexible, and energetic every time I show up to substitute teach.
Overview
Volunteer/ Mentor (Former Employee), Petersburg, VASeptember 15, 2014
I volunteered at The Boys and Girls Club for a couple of months, and I must say I have never had so much fun. I love children and it was great meeting so many different personalities and forming bonds with the kids.
Very fun and energetic place
Youth Facilitator (Former Employee), Denver, COSeptember 14, 2014
Do different classes like art, Spanish, soccer, cooking etc. Take children to different educational field trips. Also was a gym teacher just doing different sports and supervising the children. I learned how to control and be productive. Worked with some very amazing and passionate people that love children. The most enjoyable part of my job would have to be that a lot of kids looked up to me and saw me as a role model. Being able to give kids advice and change their lives for the better and keeping them out of trouble is a really great feeling.
Great environment yet unorganized
Boys and Girls Club Volunteer (Former Employee), Clovis, CASeptember 12, 2014
I liked working with kids ages 6-18 however it was really unorganized. The club lets the kids come and go as they please and they can do whatever they want. Their wasn't much structure, besides the opportunity to do art or join clubs they provided. I felt most of the time they just ran wild and it was hard to control them. It was freedom, but i feel too much and they needed to have more structure throughout the day.
Very productive and safe work place
ADMIN ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Oakland, CASeptember 12, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: no benefits
Everyday at work i spent the first hour in a meeting with my supervisor. After i complete all my task i put together new programs for kids and make sure all departments are running correctly. I learned how to multi-task, be patient, teach others and lead by example. My co-workers were the best because there was so much life in one building. We were all a family and wanted to do better together. The hardest part of my job was having to let go when i decided to leave. being attached to so many children can be hard at times. The best part about my job was t hat there was something new happening every day and it was never boring.
Productive and educational
Truancy Reduction Caseworker Intern (Former Employee), Garden Grove, CASeptember 9, 2014
Really loved interning here. I loved making a difference in the student's lives. I loved working with the staff they were great people and hard workers.
Cummuity Service
After-School Program Lead (Former Employee), Oxnard, CaSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: making a difference
Cons: limited opportunities for expansion
After School Program at Rio Del Valle Middle School in Oxnard, CA was a great experience. A wonderful way to provide community service, especially "at risk" youth. Each day consisted on mentoring, tutoring and leading effective enrichment programs. I learned how much need there is in the community and that I was able to make a big difference socially and academically.
I am now a licesone bachlors level SW in sate of KY
Social Work Intern (Former Employee), Glasgow, KYSeptember 8, 2014
. I also worked for Olan Mills Photography as a sales associate. I do have a bachelor’s degree in Social work from Western Kentucky University.
I completed my social work internship with The Boys and Girls Club in Glasgow Kentucky where I excelled in fundraising.
Thank

About Boys & Girls Club

There's no secret handshake -- or specific gender -- required to get into this club, only the desire to have fun. The Boys & Girls – Read more

Boys & Girls Club Photos