Boys & Girls Club

Boys & Girls Club Employer Reviews

Fun workplace with different activites played.
Youth counselor (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYNovember 26, 2013
It was a fun workplace because of the children I worked with. I learned that work can be fun but also a lot of responsibilty, I also learned time management. My co-workers were really friendly and welcomed me. The hardest part of the job was making sure ever child was on task and kept there grades up in school. My most enjoyable part of the job was – more... having kids exactly look up to me as a role model. – less
love helping the kids
Peer Organizer (Former Employee), Belle Glade, FLNovember 23, 2013
lots of energy and like helping and working with the kids and i learn new thing from them.
wonderful organization
Mentor students and assist (Former Employee), Hendersonville, NCNovember 11, 2013
Pros: schedule
Cons: partime hours during school year
Mentor and work with club member. Learned a great deal about different kids and the different stages they go through as they grow. Worked with a great management team that encouraged personal growth. Loved working with the kids.
Great and fun place to work.
Receptionist (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNNovember 10, 2013
Fun and all ways on the move. nice people to work with just a great job.
the most enjoyable part of the job
Psychology Intern (Former Employee), Hartsville, SCNovember 6, 2013
The most enjoyable part of this job was working with the children. A lot of the times they would work against me or there would be a few that didn't want to listen and were determined not to like me. However, with time and patience all of them eventually grew to love the days that I came to work with them and that was amazing.
Great Atmosphere/working environment,
CAMP COUNSELOR (Former Employee), Atlantic City, NJNovember 1, 2013
The hardest part of the job was putting the kids to sleep. The most enjoyable part of the job was do different activities with the kids
Productive, fun place to work
Youth Development Staff (Current Employee), Roanoke, VAOctober 31, 2013
A typical day would be helping children with homework/ projects, have snack and provide programming dealing with character building, art, recreation and healthy habits.
Enjoyed the many opportunities to help assist a youth with fun activities, homework, and someone to listen to their concerns.
Special Events Coordinator and Leader (Former Employee), Newport News, VAOctober 27, 2013
Pros: great trips
Cons: all positive
Overall the co-workers were great. I was able to experience certain things through donations that I wouldn't otherwise given much thought (fishing and attended race car show). A typical day at work is assuring the youth complete their homework. Patience is the key when working with adolescents as well as proper time management. However, at the end of – more... the day if the parents and the youth are smiling than that's all the enjoyment I need. – less
Senior Game room Supervisor
PROGRAM FACILTATOR/INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee), Fort LauderdaleOctober 24, 2013
Assist with other Boys & Girls Club activities and events as assigned
Participate in staff meetings and conferences
volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee), Harrisonburg, VAOctober 12, 2013
great place tovolunteer while in college. looks great on resume
Safe Friendly Fun Environment
Director (Former Employee), Columbus, MSOctober 9, 2013
Busy Fun Oversee day to day programs at Clubhouse
Learn to be dependable
Club house were ran with discipline and order everyone staff and member work together as a team. Community supported the Director and club Had the opportunity to work with youth in the community
very positive work place
Resident Services (Former Employee), Providence, RISeptember 19, 2013
Pros: very fun and great place for community children
Cons: budget cuts that lead to unemployment
Monitoring youth teens ages 13-18 assisting with homework, monitored there online activities, implemented monthly activities. the hardest part of the job was dealing with conflicts that accured that resulted in physical fights among teens..The best part of the job was getting a chance to be a positive remodel in the teens daily life.
very productive place to work
Volunteer (Former Employee), Val Verde, CASeptember 17, 2013
Making a Difference in a child's life knowing you can be a mentor and understand the child's need.
BOOKKEEPER
Bookkeeper/ Supervisor (Former Employee), ITTA BENA, MSSeptember 12, 2013
I HAD TO WATCH A CLASS OF MAYBE 15 STUDENTS AS THEY GOT OUT OF SCHOOL. WE ATE AND DID HOMEWORK. DID DIFFERENT ACTIVITIES TO KEEP THEM BUSY. I HAD TO SEE WHO WAS COMING AND GOING WITH THE PARENTS AND STUDENTS. GOOD START AT COLLEGE.
A Very Fun and Educational Experience!
Program Instructor (Current Employee), Chicago Heights, ILSeptember 12, 2013
Pros: free trips!
Working for the Boys & Girls Club of Chicago has been a very fun end adventurous experience not on for me as the staff but for the children and the parents we deal with on a everyday basis!
it is a good place to bring your kids.
custodial work (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 11, 2013
Pros: free healthy snacks, assistance with homework if need to.
Cons: salary raise are not provided as scheduled.
The Boys and Girls Club is an excellent place for kids to come to. children have the avantage to do homework,interact with other children. Get healthy snacks.
Productive and fun working with students of various ages
PROGRAM SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Naples, FLSeptember 11, 2013
Cons: was in florida and i relocated back to new york
Was responsible for teaching students wellness programs, helping with after school homework, updating files, organizing trips, picking students up from school, as well as multiple duties that pertained to this position.
Productive, Fun workplace
Program Assistant (Former Employee), Napa, CASeptember 10, 2013
Pros: helping kids out
Cons: not enough hours
I actually liked working for this company. I found out that the Boys and Girls Club Help Millions of Children everyday. I loved being apart of that Movement,
fulling job with childern
Child Development Leader (Former Employee), Meridian, MSAugust 30, 2013
It was very nice to work with the kids. My coworkers were almost like family.
Great Place to WORK
Data Entry (Carson Academy) (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIAugust 20, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Working for the Boys & Girls Club is a very good place to work and have a person grow within the organization.

About Boys & Girls Club

There's no secret handshake -- or specific gender -- required to get into this club, only the desire to have fun. The Boys & Girls – Read more

Boys & Girls Club Photos