Boys & Girls Club Employee Reviews

Found 1,061 reviews matching the search
N/A
Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Kansas citySeptember 24, 2015
Lots of ups and downs with the administration if you weren't on there good side. Despite that the kids well keep you coming to work with a smile on your face.
Fun place to volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 21, 2015
I volunteered with this company for community service in high school and it was great. You're able to help younger kids keep a positive outlook on life, with their homework, and help them develop their social skills.
theres many things at the boys and girls club
councilor (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTSeptember 21, 2015
at the boys and girls club there's a gym, a teen center an arts & crafts room, a snack area & the game center. i worked in the game room where i watched the kids play & make sure they played fair, at around 12:30 thats when i served them lunch , shortly after lunch is when we go to the gym. see theres many games & things to do there & every group gets to visit all the entertainment sections
Pros
free lunches, snacks & many things to keep you occupied.
Cons
short breaks
Recreation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 21, 2015
I love working with kids and the people love the kids also so that made it a great place to work and I will always give back to my community.
Pros
working with kids
Cons
not paying enough
Great place to get experience with kids. If you appreciate a challenge that's worth it in the end, apply here!
Assistant program director (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 18, 2015
A fun and positive place to work. You are pretty much thrown in with little introduction to how things are run and so it's a lot of learning on your feet with a large group of kids with many different ages and very different backgrounds. My management seems to really love kids and have passion for what they do, but getting to know them and connect with them in any capacity is extremely difficult so far. I love the vision and goals of the boys and girls club and look forward to partnering with them to support and encourage our future generations to both succeed and be responsible and respectful adults.
Pros
flexible schedule and freedom to incorporate ideas
Cons
little direction or communication from management, no training
Productive academic place for kids to have fun
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GASeptember 17, 2015
I help kids with their homework, play games with them and do helpful learning games and assignments with them. There is no hard part of my job, I love being around kids and helping them out as well.
a days work
Route Driver (Current Employee) –  bellwood ilSeptember 14, 2015
helping kids with homework, sports, and leadership. Taking the kids to field trips and mentor programs. Sponor youth sporting events
fun place to volunteer
Volunteer, Child Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLSeptember 14, 2015
Great time working with the kids and taking them on field trips. The hardest part about the job was having to deal with the bad kids throughout the day and it is sometimes heartbreaking, especially because a lot of them are underprivileged.
Pros
working with kids
Cons
working with bad kids
This was a great way to volunteer
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, TNSeptember 13, 2015
I was a volunteer and helped the kids and took them on field trips during the summer. I volunteered about four hours out of each day to give back to the youth.
Great place for kids
Staff Coordinator/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Naples, FloridaSeptember 12, 2015
Loved this job. Grew so much as a person while working here. Bonded so well with so many people, kids and staff alike. Great place to be a part of.
One of the best jobs ever
Dining Hall Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 12, 2015
Worked at Camp Mendocino in the woods with teens in the dining room. Helping these teens to be responsible. Management was great and the co workers were energetic.The hardest part about this job was leaving it. The most enjoyable part of this job was the enjoyment on all the kids face.
Pros
Being around the kids and the excitement they had
Cons
no cons at all
Fun and very Fulfilling
Keyboarding Instructor (Former Employee) –  Cathedral City, CASeptember 10, 2015
the boys and girls club of cathedral city is a great place to work or volunteer. Being a role model for the children is its own reward and being apart of that experience is fulfilling.
Pros
great kids, made a difference
Cons
none whatsoever
free lunches, free movie tickets, great kids, low pay
PROGRAM ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 9, 2015
free lunches, low pay, great management, minimal advancement opportunity, great kids, great staff, great work-life balance, community programming
Pros
great kids, great staff
Cons
low pay
The Boys & Girls Club
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VASeptember 9, 2015
The Fredericksburg Boys & Girls Club is a safe and educational after school organization. As an office manager, I organized the members into the grade appropriate groups with which the staff members provided activities with homework assistance, arts, crafts and sports.
Pros
A low cost facility for children.
Cons
financial struggles of the organization
Fun workplace
MENTOR (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILSeptember 8, 2015
Children range from all ages looking up to older individuals, and wanting a mentor to guide them down the correct path. Fun field trips, communicate with parents that have power and wanted to help.
Pros
Free food, good pay
Cons
no benefits, sometimes to many kids
Fun workplace
Front Desk Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bristol, TNSeptember 8, 2015
A typical day of work this summer started around 9 in the morning, I would come in and start taking attendance of the children that were already there. Throughout the day I would continue to put in attendance and also work on other documents. Management was okay, we lost one of our managers halfway through the summer but we made it. My coworkers got along very well even while under stress. The hardest part of the job was probably trying to find the kids at the end of the day to take them to their parents (the kids were in different age groups/rooms). The most enjoyable part about the job was working with the kids and being able to help them grow and learn.
Pros
Hour breaks
Cons
Health
Fun place
To Counselor (Former Employee) –  Comfort, TXSeptember 8, 2015
I was at the boys and girls club about 3 years ago. I enjoyed working with all the kids in summer and the fun place we took them. Once school started the hours were decreased and I could not live off of that and support my family. the starting pay was okay.
Pros
enjoyed it
Cons
not enough hours
Awesome
assist young teens (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTSeptember 8, 2015
Always love working with young children improving their athletic skills doing drills and workouts. Having played D1 basketball kids enjoy any time you share with them to make them better not only as an athlete but as a person as well.
very outgoing work enviroment
impact director (Former Employee) –  laguna BeachSeptember 6, 2015
Great company to work for ! the staff are amazing and the kids are wonderful to work with. You have your good and bad days but in the end you are aking an impact on a child life and it is very rewarding.
helping children mentally grow
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 4, 2015
Working at the boys and girls club was very enjoyable. we had our educational moments and moments of fun activity. I learned that every child learns differently and sometimes it could get frustrating for them. My coworkers were very flexible with them also. The hardest part of the job for me was when I wanted to just give the answer seeing how they would shut down and overwhelm their selves with confusion and frustration. the best part as seeing them progress and grow stronger mentally.
Pros
seeing them enjoy their selves on field trips

4.3