Boys & Girls Clubs of America Employee Reviews

Found 2,999 reviews matching the search
Youth Specialist (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXSeptember 27, 2016
Fun workplace, not much room for career advancement, no benefits, friendly staff very helpful and supportive to all employees
Fun
Torch Club, Mentor (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTSeptember 27, 2016
It was cool to work with kids everyday and to see many of the great people that were apart of the community in many ways. The kids were great to work with.
It taught me how to make good path behind me loved the job
Boys and Girls Club staff (Former Employee) –  El Campo, TXSeptember 27, 2016
I was very active worker in was a role model around the kids something fun interesting to do .Sometimes talk to the older kids bout responsibility.
Productive and fun field trips
Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 26, 2016
My days at work at the Boys and girls were very chill and full of excitement. I learned new things everyday i worked for at the boys and girls club. I made new friends with my co-workers. the hardest part about the job was that it was summer time and it was hard to get up in the morning to go to work. the most enjoyable part of the job was seeing a smile on the children faces everyday.
Pros
free lunch, and field trips
Cons
short breaks
Fun Place To Work
Gym Staff (Current Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNSeptember 25, 2016
Very Short Hours, Active Environment, and Fun! The kids and the relationships you form with co-workers are what make the work day possible. Must be able to think on your feet.
Pros
Laid Back Environment
Cons
Management, Organization, Communication, Lack of Backbone
its What you make of it
Unit Director (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 23, 2016
• Supervise a crew of 4 or more workers in daily activities
• Interview and train instructors to assist in the program’s mission to help develop adolescent young men.
• Develop and maintain curriculum and progress of every member in the program.
• Manage payroll inquiries.
• Enter and process data on company’s database for tracking and statistical use,
Pros
helped families
Cons
management
Wonderful management and amazing coworkers
Clubhouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Togiak, AKSeptember 23, 2016
BGCA is by far the best place I've ever worked. The hours were flexible, the staff was amazing, and I was never discouraged or put down. My boss was kind, funny, and hard-working, and I never had a reason to complain. I doubt I'll ever have a job as fulfilling as this one has been.
Pros
Great management, healthy work environment, flexible hours, freedom to work as needed as long as the work got done on time
Cons
Part-time only in our area, always budgetary restraints because it's a non profit
Program Director Assistant
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 23, 2016
great job. I loved the job and had a fun time working with the teens. Its a great experience and very educational. The culture is lacked back but interactive
Fun Place to work
Assistant Youth Counselor (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WASeptember 22, 2016
The kids and the staff are great. They make you feel like a part of the family. The time that is spent educating and assisting kids that need the support and encouragement is breath taking.
Pros
Low Stress
Cons
Limited supplies for the kids
fun
Athletic Director (Current Employee) –  Manassas, VASeptember 22, 2016
as a camp counselor, i learned about about kids and how they grow up. i learned the most important thing is that to never criticize, but always encourage
I enjoyed working with the kids. Helping them while they also help me.
Assistant Group Leader (Former Employee) –  AlabamaSeptember 22, 2016
Supervising over 50 kids or more can get overwhelming sometimes but when u got gd team work it makes it even better. You get to see how much the kids have learned an if they are paying attention when they should be.
Summer Youth Worker (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 22, 2016
Job was a great experience. The kids were great. They were very funny and active. The actual staff were amazing. They helped the summer youth workers and also goofed around with us from time to time.
Pros
Supervisor was great
Cons
Short shifts
Jr. Teacher (seasonal) (Former Employee) –  OhioSeptember 21, 2016
Good place to work and well organized. The kids are great to be around, they go on field trips which they enjoy and is always a pleasure to see kids happy
Cons
Long days
Fun work place
Education Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 21, 2016
I've enjoyed working daily with my coworkers supervisor and community. Great experience at a young age. I would recommend this job.
Cons
Productive and fun place to work
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PASeptember 21, 2016
transparent and good communication

Good culture work place

Good leadership while working with staff

Good team work in the work place

Lack of hours

working with the children and co workers
Pros
Free lunch for kids and great communication with employees
Cons
not enough work hours
fun workplace
Childcare Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYSeptember 20, 2016
We help provide a great learning environment for elementary students afterschool. Boys & Girls Club is great with supporting inner city youth families.
Volunteer
Volunteer Mentor (Former Employee) –  Milwaukie, ORSeptember 19, 2016
I was part of a volunteer group that worked with kids of all types of income and cultures. Doing what we could to give kids a positive outlook and positive environment after they get out of school and/or during the summer time.

A typical day varied on the amount of kids and staff present. Hardest part of the job is being able to spend one on one time with all of the kids.
Pros
Healthy snacks, fun fitness
Cons
Size of staff
Productive and fun working with kids and staff
Seasonal Counselor (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLSeptember 19, 2016
I enjoyed working at the Boys and Girls Club, honestly my favorite job that I've been hired at. Get to participate in indoor and outdoor activities with the kids. Also go to field trip to different amusement parks and pool sites. The Co-Workers their were very professional and know how to keep the kids entertained in any way possible.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
N/A
A very nice and fun enviorment
Helper (Former Employee) –  Milledgeville, GASeptember 19, 2016
I was a volunteer so i didn't get paid but, iwas there as a child so i loved to see the younger kids coming up in the program the managers were very nice and fair. SO i can say i loved that job.
Great Organization, Wrong Club
YDP (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 19, 2016
Being someone who has worked for many different childcare organizations, this one was great, but this particular club was not. Boys & Girls Club is an amazing org, that you can learn so much from, and also gain lifelong skills if you're passionate about children. At the same time, you have to male sure you are at the right club to get the full benefits. If you work at a Club that is not as advanced as some of the others, it can be redundant, repetitive, boring work. I advise you research your club, and see the activities they are involved in before making your decision. Otherwise, the children are amazing, and it is a great learning experience.
Pros
lots of fun. cool laid back setting.
Cons
no room to grow. low pay.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boys & Girls Clubs of America. Our community is ready to answer.

Boys & Girls Clubs of America Reviews by Job Title