Boys & Girls Clubs of America Employee Reviews

Found 3,096 reviews matching the search
Easy going, energetic environment
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Ferndale, WADecember 5, 2016
I would arrive there around 2:30 and talk to the bosses about what would have to get done. It was normally washing windows, scrubbing tables and cubbies. Then i would proceed to the bathrooms where bleaching and wiping down the compartments would take place. After that was done, would go to the gym and wash the doors and clean window doors. I learned that even though i was just cleaning it took dedication to keep pushing through. The hardest part of the job was not getting to work with the children and the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to put in headphones and bust out work.
Pros
Being independent, working around children, easy hours
Cons
No breaks
Fun place to work, I loved the kids.
Staff member (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 5, 2016
Worked here through the summer and its was a great experience and there were lots of fun activities for the children to participate in both inside and outside.
Great job that lets you work on making a better world.
Lead Child Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 4, 2016
I loved this job. I had a great time with the staff the management and the the whole mission statement. The only issue is that this is not a long term job. The company is non-profit and that shows in your hourly wage. If you are like me then the most important part is that you are helping make a better place with the next generation. You also fill in the holes that schools and parents may leave. Communication is important as well as having a variety of perspectives.
Fun & Exciting workplace
Club Director (Current Employee) –  La Conner, WADecember 4, 2016
My workplace certainly brings me a great deal of joy on a daily basis. It has been my pleasure working with this organization over the past year and a half.
Fun place to work with great oppurtunities
Kitchen Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKDecember 4, 2016
Great place for HS students to do some volunteer work for experience
Great helpful staff
A great place for children to learn and grow from activities
Boys and girls club
Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 3, 2016
There are many different people working all together and is very fun place to work at. Everyone that works there is so nice. Ever since I was 12 I volunteered to help the children that go there and became very close with other employees.
Good
Child Care (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 3, 2016
Really good summer job. Looking for a first job its goodnto start here . You build responsibility. And have lots of fun. I worked 2 months and had a good time .
It's good working place
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MSDecember 2, 2016
I help children at the boys and girls club with there homework and making sure they are doing the right thing in the center.
Pros
Loving watching the children play fun activity.
Cons
N/A
Its a wondetful work place!
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Chatsworth, GADecember 2, 2016
It's a very wonderful job. I couldn't ask to work with better staff and have better bosses. The hours are short during the work day though and I'm just not getting enough and that means not a lot of money either. The job is only part time, but I'm needed something full time with finishing school.
Pros
Learn to love all ethnicitys & kind
Cons
Not enough hours
Fun Workplace
Youth Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 1, 2016
I loved my job at the Boys & Girls Club and my boss. I didn't like the pay but I was young and it was a summer job so it was understandable. I wish I could of stayed working there.
Great motivating workplace
Elementary Lead (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CADecember 1, 2016
Work was simple, very rewarding and we were surrounded by staff and management that motivated us tobe the best version of ourselves.
Fun environment for children with ping pong and basketball
Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ft. Pierce, FLDecember 1, 2016
kids would come then do a role call.
snack time.
homework t
play games either outside or inside. overall was a great experience interacting with the children
Pros
fun for the kids
Cons
na
volunteer work
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Kansas City KansasNovember 30, 2016
I attended the Boys & Girls Club as a young child and As I Grew Older I seen an opportunity for me to a young children as I was aided with my development. Enjoyed being a role model showing children what they could aspire to if they put their mind to it.
Pros
Working with children
Cons
Good place to relax & get payed
Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Desert Hot Springs, CANovember 30, 2016
The typical work day for me was arrive at 3:00 pm. Work in the tutoring area for a hour or so, helping with homework. Then after that stand around watching over kids until there parents arrived. I would leave around 7:00pm or 8:00pm depending on when all the children had left. It was a really smoothed sailing type of job. With easy to work with employs & the management was very friendly. The hardest part was feeling fulfilled of myself.
Pros
Very flexable hours, Fun work envirment, Fun people to work with
Cons
Personal con. to much free time
great place
Youth Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXNovember 30, 2016
great place to work and nice staff. watching over children and doing programs with them and making sure they do their homework; but we also have gym time.
Good Place to work.
Internship (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 29, 2016
The Boys and Girls Club is a good place to do fieldwork or Volunteer work. Its ghetto and people who work there are unorganized and they want the volunteers to do all the work while they sit around in the Accelerating Reading Room. The art room is a good place to be. The lady is nice and laid back. The most fun part is the kids. They might through a party but then sit around for 20 minutes. That is not a party that's wasting time.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Unorganized
gear towards children of all races
School Age Counselor,Nutrition Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 29, 2016
no room for me to advance enjoyed working with children. safe area to work in provided computer classes for children,different resources for the parents that were in need of different services.
Pros
multicultural
Cons
work ethics
Productive and fun workplace
Youth Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Paterson, NJNovember 28, 2016
Boys & Girls Club provides a fulfilling environment where you can improve the lives of young people. Although the pay isn't great for the level of work required, the benefits are fantastic and it is a personally rewarding job. This company loves to grow from within, providing many advancement opportunities for those willing to put in the time
great productive place to work
teen worker (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 28, 2016
Few conflicts get to work with kids and very positive work environment real nice management only a summer job for teens couldn't be rehired
Fun place for kids
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Del Rey, CANovember 27, 2016
Really good experience to be working there and also help me mature and be responsible really good for a first job. Even though the job was only for the summer I still had a good time working there and being able to help others .
Pros
helped me with homework and was able to help younger kids with their homework also
Cons
a little dirty at times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boys & Girls Clubs of America. Our community is ready to answer.