Boys & Girls Clubs of America Employee Reviews

Good for Students
Youth Development Professional (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 17, 2017
Loved the aspect of working with children and writing lesson plans - nice way to prepare for a teaching and educational field. Great for your first job, college students in school for Early Childhood Education, and retired persons. You definitely don't work this job for money and benefits, but rather the love of the children and your craft.
boys and girls club
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 16, 2017
A typical day is helping the kids . Helping them with homework, play games with them and feed them .I learned so much about the kids . Everybody have feelings . The manger was very nice to everybody . Workplace culture making everybody feel like home while they was away from there family . Hardest part is getting all the kids to listen . I enjoyed playing with the kids ,listening to there problems being around them .
play basketball with the students & talking about the type of day they had
TUTOR (Former Employee) –  kinston ncOctober 16, 2017
For an typical day at work help with home work talk about how the kids day went then feed them some snacks and tutor them and make sure that they good
Pros
free lunch and snacks
Cons
an 30-40miunte breaks
Staff Assistant
Staff Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTOctober 16, 2017
A great place to empower urban youth. i would recommend this place to anyone who is looking to invest in local youth. The staff was very supportive to each other.
Volunteer work
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAOctober 16, 2017
As volunteer it is always a great opportunity to make a difference in a child's life, especially in the moments when they don't think they need the help.
worst job I've ever had
Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCOctober 15, 2017
Generally awful environment, poorly managed, with little training and high expectations. No guidance is offered regarding how to do your job but management constantly critiques how you get the job done. There was no part of this job I found enjoyable.
Good Partime job
Program Staff (Former Employee) –  Copperas Cove, TXOctober 15, 2017
It's a good job for high school students that need a little income or just need some extra income. It is stressful dealing with a lot of kids at once, but a good job if you like working with kids to help with homework.
Pros
Small schedule after school
Cons
Not enough pay
The kids were not well mannered.
Youth Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Sedalia, MOOctober 15, 2017
The management was very poor and the kids were extremely rude. Lack of respect all the way around. The rules were never held to the standard they should have been.
Hernando County
Youth Development Professional (Former Employee) –  Hernando County, FLOctober 15, 2017
Boys and girls club of america is a great company overall however i would not recommend the hernando county branch. Managment is awful and not professional. They also underpay you. However their is alot of room for advancement,
Pros
Advancment opportunities
Cons
Managment, unprofessionailism
Productive and fun workplace
Child and Youth Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tinker AFB, OKOctober 14, 2017
Great place to work and learn from youth and other adults. The management are helpful and want you to learn from your mistakes. Easy to talk to and flexible with your schedule.
Pros
great culture
Cons
job advancement
fun place to work
Internship (Former Employee) –  Lake Stevens, WAOctober 13, 2017
Every day is different from the day before, sometimes they just go with what they feel like doing even if its not on the schedule. I've learned different ways to have fun other then playing on electronics, and that 3 and 4 year olds are a lot smarter then adults give them credit for.
Meaningful work, but low compensation
STARS Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Twin Cities, MNOctober 13, 2017
The work is very meaningful and the employees are passionate about the work, however, it is fairly stressful and the pay is quite low for the amount of work required.
An internship that changed my life.
PROGRAM AIDE (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COOctober 12, 2017
I recently completed a five month long internship with the Boys and Girls Club. It was by far the most educational and positive work environment I have experienced so far in my working life. My supervisor was wonderful and always willing to help me learn and improve. My coworkers were a great resource and we all did what we could to help each other out. Working at the Boys & Girls Club you not only get to work with amazing coworkers and youth but you also get to use other skills you may have neglected in a different full time job. For example, I had the privilege to teach a dance class and introduce youth to the joys of ballroom dance! If you want to make a difference in the world through the young lives of children and teens work for the Boys and Girls Club!
Great place to work, good atmosphere
Youth Development Staff (Current Employee) –  Sauk Rapids, MNOctober 11, 2017
One of the best things about this job is the fact that it accommodates the average college student's schedule. I absolutely loved my manager at my KIDSTOP site. He was excellent at his job, and was someone that was awesome to work for overall. The kids were wonderful. I would easily suggest working here for anyone type of student that is okay with making $9.50 or less and love kids.
Pros
Flexible schedule, good atmosphere, laidback (uniform is t-shirt and jeans)
Cons
Payment is on the lower end ($9.50), advancement can be difficult
na
Senior Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Red Bank, NJOctober 10, 2017
Loved everything about this job, manager was wonderul, very knowledgeable and easy going,
Gave all the materials needed to do the job great
Great working hours
The best job ever!
Youth Development Professional (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAOctober 10, 2017
I was with Boys and Girls Club for 9 years, only leaving because the program I ran was shut down. I had the best boss, coworkers, members and their families, many of whom I'm still friends with. It was definitely the most rewarding job I've ever had.
fun work place
Youth Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 10, 2017
It was a good place to work. Working with kids is great for starting young adult. Most days we would help kids with homework and make up fun activities until it was time for their parents to come home.
Recommend this job to single college students!
Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAOctober 10, 2017
It's a great place to work if you are in college and don't have dependents.! It's fun laided back and you get paid to play with children can't beat that !. Summer hours are full time which is nice to earn some extra cash.
Pros
Make an impact on a child's life daily
Cons
It's a non profit so don't expect to make good money.
boys and girls club
Youth Development Professional (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXOctober 9, 2017
overlooked the care of club members
lesson plans
made sure the club members learned in a clean and friendly environment
overall management is not that great
Pros
weekends off
Cons
worked summers
Enjoyable
Program Aide (Current Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZOctober 9, 2017
I love my job and hope to stay but I am looking for something with more pay and something I am passionate about . working here is great just need more from them sometimes and better communication