Boys & Girls Clubs of America

Boys & Girls Clubs of America Employee Reviews

Found 3,220 reviews matching the search
It was and okay job
Boys and Girls Club Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIJanuary 22, 2017
It was a good job it taught me to not give up when hard work comes your way. I had to lift heavy stuff in the summer weather . I liked the job it just wasn't really for me and plus I was 14 years old when I worked there. Over all it was a very good first job and learning experience.
Pros
Free lunch and good people to work with.
Cons
No healthcare and bad pay
productive and fun
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJanuary 21, 2017
Organize and prepare for the day, unload products and goods from vehicles. Always learning new activities or programs for the seniors and youth. Management works as a team and work well great together.Great work culture and positive attitudes. Hardest part of the job and helping those in real need. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping others.
Safe and family orientated place.
assist full-time staff (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 20, 2017
Working here was great! Being around the different types of kids i met was great. The staff were very family orientated,seeing how much i made a impact of those kids made it that much better working there.There was really no hardest part to this job.
Pros
Good food, Fun and safe
Cons
alot of children
Exciting
Part time activity leader (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 20, 2017
I love my job there. The kids are absolutely amazing to be around. My management is strong and frim, but still easy to communicate to. The environment in general is amazing.
Pros
Surroundings are easy.
Cons
fun work place with lots of loving kids
Youth Leader (Current Employee) –  Robersonville, NCJanuary 19, 2017
i love working at the boys and girls club, its lots if fun things to do and have fun with the kids. i love seeing the look on the children face, it make my day to know they look up to me as their leader.
Pros
games room, art, STEM, smart kids, loving co-workers
Cons
no breaks
awesome students
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSJanuary 19, 2017
wonderful students, but organization lost its focus and mission. Really depends on your executive director if the vision is lost or not and if so to help gain back focus to the mission of the organization.
Fun workplace
Community Service (Former Employee) –  Belle Glade, FLJanuary 19, 2017
A typical day at work involves helping children between the ages of 6 - 12 with their homework, assisting them with school projects, and implementing learning strategies/solutions to those experiencing challenges What I learned from working at Boys and Girls Clubs are business development and non-profit. The culture is different and how the treat their employees..
Pros
Great for a college student, very supportive staff, always team work.
Cons
Only 15 hours a week and when theres no school theres no work
A very fun place to work at
Package Handler (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 19, 2017
I was a hard-working state of myself got along with other people's it was easy to do follow Direction I really enjoyed my time there
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
They played favorites. A LOT.
Activity Leader (Former Employee) –  Carpentersville, ILJanuary 18, 2017
I definitely did not have a great experience working for the Boys and Girls Club. They say how they are all about making kids futures brighter but in reality they seem to be focused more on the profits and money that is coming in. They pay minimum wage to people who go above and beyond what they're supposed to be doing and take advantage of the kindness in those people.
Fun learning work environment
Youth Development Professional (Current Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAJanuary 18, 2017
Working for boys and girls club has been very life changing and helpful not only because I love working with kids but within every kid I see a little of myself. Working with my kids has taught me patience and how to stay confident. Before working at boys and girls club I felt very self conscious about myself even though I'm very outspoken and super energetic! Throughout the months I slowly started to see how some of the kids would look up to me and that's how my confidence grew! At first I faked my confidence but with each day that passed, that confidence became very real! I love where I work, I love each one of my kids and my staff!
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Boys and Girls Club
Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Imperial Beach, CAJanuary 17, 2017
I learned a lot about working with elementary school aged children in this job. It teaches you how to make an effective lesson plan relevant to what each grade is currently learning or what learning level they're supposed to be at, which is great if you plan on being a teacher someday. I loved this job because the students made it enjoyable to work together as a class. Unfortunately, the job does not compensate you when the kids are on school breaks, which is usually 2 to 3 weeks off every 2 months or so. That inconsistency in hours makes a lot of people either get a second job or end their employment with the organization.
custodian
CUSTODIAN (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 17, 2017
it was a very good learning job to get experience , i do love working with the kids and having fun with them, basketball games on weekends and making sure the place is up and running for kids was great.
Fun workplace
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 16, 2017
They are a really great cause and stand behind just that. Children absolutely love coming here for numerous reason, a few being the great after school programs and summer camp options.
Awesome place to work
Grant Specialist (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJanuary 16, 2017
This company gave me a chance to understand what it feels like to work in a fast paced environment and it made me realize that this is what I want to do. Everyone is super friendly and super helpful.
great place to work
Head Teacher, Preschool (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJJanuary 16, 2017
co-workers became like family. all of the staff are supportive and willing to help each other in any way possible. the administration is helpful and always does what is best for the club!
After School
Afterschool Group Leader (Current Employee) –  La Crosse, WIJanuary 15, 2017
I absolutely love this job. It is both rewarding and fun. There are many tough kids but with a lot of love and support they are great. This job is great for individuals going into education.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Short breaks
What I learned
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 15, 2017
Pros
The kids
Cons
Always work to do
Excellent
Program Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 14, 2017
A typical day at work involves helping children between the ages of 6 - 12 with their homework, assisting them with school projects, and implementing learning strategies/solutions to those experiencing challenges.
Pros
Mutual respect amongst co-workers.
Cons
Part time only.
Love This Job!
Youth Development Staff/ Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAJanuary 13, 2017
Great job! especially if you are a college student. Very fun atmosphere but long hours. Most times this is a full-time job so be ready to work alot.
okay place to work
Program Assistant/ secretary/ counselor (Former Employee) –  Easton, PAJanuary 13, 2017
Working at the Boys and girls of America was great opportunity to start working with kids. My typical day at work was answering phone calls, checking email, organizing paper work, signing kids in and out, contacting parents, and helping program directors. I have learned about the business of a non profit organization. Donors, arts and craft, sports, step, dance, teaching and counseling students. There was not really a manager, the Executive Director wanted the only power, and when he was not around, we either call him or the next person whose been there for a long time. Co- workers were great!! I got along with everyone and we were all ready to help one another if needed. The hardest part of the job was trying to do more and the Director wanted me to do less. The most enjoyable part of the job is hearing the kids say my name, playing in the game room with them, and teaching step,
Pros
experience/ free lunch/
Cons
short breaks, 2 15min/no benefits/ very low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boys & Girls Clubs of America. Our community is ready to answer.

Boys & Girls Clubs of America Reviews by Job Title