Boys & Girls Clubs of America Employee Reviews

Found 4,105 reviews matching the search
Active Afterschool
Teen Director (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLSeptember 20, 2017
I would play games (indoor and outdoor) with the members after having them sign in and get snacks. I taught pre teen lessons throughout the facility. I also assisted with transporting members from school to the facility.
Pros
hours
Cons
advancement
productive, fun, crazy, wild
staff memeber (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, TXSeptember 19, 2017
I learned all children are different and react to things differently as well as having lots of energy and safety skills for children I Loved being able to work with the little kids and even on my rough days the children always put a smile on my face and reminded me every time why I love working with children. Every day was a new day due to how the children's attitudes were
Pros
free lunch and breakfast good pay monday through friday work days
Cons
not enough staff people calling out displine actions
After school program was fun and enjoyable
Site Lead (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CASeptember 19, 2017
Working with kids is rewarding. it did not feel like a job it was more like a hobbies. the hard part was having to leave the job as it was only part time.
Fun, learning, and homework
Activity Leader (Current Employee) –  Mesquite, TXSeptember 19, 2017
The kids come ready for help and fun. They love to have lots of while learning. I come with fun activities for the one without homework. We do community service on Fridays .
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Hours
Fun fun fun
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WASeptember 19, 2017
Youre working with kids of all ages so you have to have quite a bit of patience. The job allows you to really utilize your imagination on a day to day basses.
Pros
Kids
Cons
Kids
Rewarding and Productive
Nutrition Assistant (Former Employee) –  Riviera Beach, FLSeptember 18, 2017
Working at The Boys and Girl's Club was very rewarding and productive, but as a nutrition specialist, I did not have enough hands on as I like to have with children. I wanted a chance to be back in my field and this offered a stepping stone. The people around me could not have been any better.
Pros
Free hugs everyday from children
Cons
Not enough staff support for the amount of kids attending
Great Experience
Associate (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLSeptember 17, 2017
I learned a lot about dealing with kids and understanding their backgrounds. You get a feel what every child is like and even though they had a different up bringing they still have that every kid thoughts.
Pros
Brings your inter kid out
Cons
Stressful
Its An Okay Place To Work
Membership Clerk (Current Employee) –  Broward ConutySeptember 17, 2017
A Very laid back place to work for high school students or students in college that really don't have a lot of responsibilities such as major bills. Thr pay is decent but could be more.
Pros
Laid Back
Cons
No Benefits & Little Hours
Work with youth in the community in a community center setting
Clubhouse Director (Former Employee) –  Medford, MASeptember 17, 2017
Fun, energized atmosphere with with youth ages 6 - 18 in an after-school setting. Youth participated in activities that enhanced their development and gave them exposure to skills in health & life skills, character & leadership development, the arts, fitness & recreation and social development.
Overall great place to work if you like kids.
Leader in Training (Former Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZSeptember 17, 2017
It is a very fun place to work if you enjoy working with kids. You get to create friendships that last a long time, watch children grow up, and participate in fun activities like field trips, competitions, games, and even arts and crafts! However, don't work here if you get easily stressed or overwhelmed! There's upward of 300 kids to watch at times, and things can get a little out of hand from kids fighting to kids disobeying safety rules. It's a hectic job that keeps you on your toes, but it can be a really fulfilling job too!
Pros
Kids, Free Lunches, Being a Big Kid
Cons
Staff & Management Could Use Work, Stressful, A Little Overwhelming
pay isn't great, but the job is rewarding otherwise
Site Coordinator (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXSeptember 16, 2017
I love working with children, especially those in need. it was amazing to work with such a happy staff and such amazing children. I didn't make much money, but it was rewarding to make a difference.
fun and active
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLSeptember 15, 2017
It is exciting working with children, the keep you on your toes. The work environment is friendly and fun. you get to assist the children with activities and any outside trips.
Easy yet challenging
Branch Director (Current Employee) –  OregonSeptember 15, 2017
Not much room for advancement in my local organization. A lot of work for little compensation. Expected to wear a million more hats than described in the job description.
funm place to work with kids
Attendance Clerk (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 14, 2017
working with kids is my passion. there are always something going on for them too do. you learn for each individual kid daily. management sucks and they don't listen to their employees.
Great kids and great work environment
Club Member (Former Employee) –  Ames, IASeptember 14, 2017
Loved working there just it was a lack of management. The staff member were always just bossing others staff around making the new staff do more work then what we were actually employed to do but overall the kids were awesome there and very respectful
Pros
Great place for kids
Cons
Need more security though
Wonderful work environment
Program Aide (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 14, 2017
I am please with the culture setting of the Boys & Girls Club in Rochester, NY and working at the school.
The tone is very relaxed and I am able to be creative with the students, bringing my past experiences and skill set to the table without feeling my ideas will be dismissed.
I'm hoping to have a long standing job relationship with The Boys & Girls Club that will provide growth, and financial stability and blossom into a strong career.
Cons
Right now the lack of hours
Staff feels like family, members feel like family, my job is my happy place
Lead Youth Development Professional (Current Employee) –  Garden Grove, CASeptember 14, 2017
I feel like this job is my escape from reality, but for these kids this IS their reality. They look up to you. You are their mentor. Boys and Girls Club teaches you how to be a mentor to these kids, and it gives you a sense of purpose. You really feel like you're making a difference coming into work everyday, and I end up leaving feeling more energized than coming in.
Pros
Comfortable environment, always have something to do, breaks are RESPECTED, a lot of free food, CA sick leave
Cons
no benefits, low pay, sometimes short staff
Loved working with the kids
Site Director/Care Giver (Former Employee) –  Spring Hill, FLSeptember 14, 2017
I loved working with children everyday no matter what the day brought and would have continued until the day retired if I could have. But I had a supervisor that I could do nothing right with and that brought every part of my self-esteem down. If I can not be proud of what I do than i do not belong in that place. Someone else will do the job better and with the efficiency that is required to bring the children need. The last thing I want is to do anything that will hard the children.
Pros
Opportunity to learn different learning abilities of children
Cons
There is only so much to assist in a child's life to help them bloom
fun workplace
Art for Life participant (Former Employee) –  Paradise, CASeptember 13, 2017
very fun and upbeat place enjoy being around kids .I learned about how to multitask and hard part was nothing . co workers were amazing .I had to help students with school projects also
Pros
get more experiance with working.
Cons
short breaks
It was a great exprience it taught me many new things
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 13, 2017
I enjoy this job it taught me many life lessons it always taught me how to work with other young kids and interact with them in a way I did not know I could