Boys & Girls Clubs of America

Boys & Girls Clubs of America Employee Reviews

Found 3,102 reviews matching the search
Great Environment, Horrible Management
Intern (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 8, 2016
came here as a kid and I loved it. I worked here specifically because of the emotional attachment I had to the place. It was fun working with kids, but not all the time. We were constantly understaffed and supervisors werent there most of the time, so it was hard at times not knowing what to do with so many kids. Overall it's a fun job if you like kids and helping them. But dont complain to management about your conerns, or else you will get fired
Pros
Working w/ kids
Cons
Understaffed, unorganized, horrible management
great working environment
Challengers (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 8, 2016
i always have a great day at work no matter whats on my mind. ive learned to never be late to work or else it will be bad consequences. the management was great, my co-workers were fun,the hardest part of the job was cleaning up after kids over and over again. the most enjoyable part of the job was playing board games with the kids and watching them smile and have fun.
Pros
free food in the lounge.
Cons
short breaks
Fun work place that allowed me to partake in work experience
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, NYDecember 8, 2016
I enjoyed my time being there, it was fun and it put me on the right track to remain focus and keep on my task. Gave me great work experience in the child care field
Beware of exploit
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CADecember 8, 2016
I really enjoy working with kids, but if you aren't firm management will definitely exploit you. I often found myself not getting credit where it was due, and asked to give more. The pay was not the same in an area nearby. You work with A LOT of kids. Sometimes the support isn't there.
Pros
Fun trips outside of site/kids
Cons
not enough support/ taking advantage of employees
Fun work environment, very flexible hours
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Imperial Beach, CADecember 8, 2016
I enjoyed working for this great company, not only was the working environment energetic but the staff was amazing. Constantly trying to improve the fun atmosphere for the children and helping them in living healthy, productive life's.
Pros
Flexible schedules, great job for future child-care based careers
Cons
Loud work enviornment
Productive, fun, and structured place to work.
Recreational Counselor (Former Employee) –  Paradise, CADecember 7, 2016
I would recommend this job to anyone, it was always entertaining and very rewarding.There will never be a typical day. Kids will always keep you busy.
Pros
Fun, fast-paced
Cons
No work on holidays
Easy going, energetic environment
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Ferndale, WADecember 5, 2016
I would arrive there around 2:30 and talk to the bosses about what would have to get done. It was normally washing windows, scrubbing tables and cubbies. Then i would proceed to the bathrooms where bleaching and wiping down the compartments would take place. After that was done, would go to the gym and wash the doors and clean window doors. I learned that even though i was just cleaning it took dedication to keep pushing through. The hardest part of the job was not getting to work with the children and the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to put in headphones and bust out work.
Pros
Being independent, working around children, easy hours
Cons
No breaks
Fun place to work, I loved the kids.
Staff member (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 5, 2016
Worked here through the summer and its was a great experience and there were lots of fun activities for the children to participate in both inside and outside.
Great job that lets you work on making a better world.
Lead Child Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 4, 2016
I loved this job. I had a great time with the staff the management and the the whole mission statement. The only issue is that this is not a long term job. The company is non-profit and that shows in your hourly wage. If you are like me then the most important part is that you are helping make a better place with the next generation. You also fill in the holes that schools and parents may leave. Communication is important as well as having a variety of perspectives.
Fun & Exciting workplace
Club Director (Current Employee) –  La Conner, WADecember 4, 2016
My workplace certainly brings me a great deal of joy on a daily basis. It has been my pleasure working with this organization over the past year and a half.
Fun place to work with great oppurtunities
Kitchen Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKDecember 4, 2016
Great place for HS students to do some volunteer work for experience
Great helpful staff
A great place for children to learn and grow from activities
Boys and girls club
Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 3, 2016
There are many different people working all together and is very fun place to work at. Everyone that works there is so nice. Ever since I was 12 I volunteered to help the children that go there and became very close with other employees.
Good
Child Care (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 3, 2016
Really good summer job. Looking for a first job its goodnto start here . You build responsibility. And have lots of fun. I worked 2 months and had a good time .
It's good working place
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MSDecember 2, 2016
I help children at the boys and girls club with there homework and making sure they are doing the right thing in the center.
Pros
Loving watching the children play fun activity.
Cons
N/A
Its a wondetful work place!
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Chatsworth, GADecember 2, 2016
It's a very wonderful job. I couldn't ask to work with better staff and have better bosses. The hours are short during the work day though and I'm just not getting enough and that means not a lot of money either. The job is only part time, but I'm needed something full time with finishing school.
Pros
Learn to love all ethnicitys & kind
Cons
Not enough hours
Fun Workplace
Youth Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 1, 2016
I loved my job at the Boys & Girls Club and my boss. I didn't like the pay but I was young and it was a summer job so it was understandable. I wish I could of stayed working there.
Great motivating workplace
Elementary Lead (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CADecember 1, 2016
Work was simple, very rewarding and we were surrounded by staff and management that motivated us tobe the best version of ourselves.
Fun environment for children with ping pong and basketball
Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ft. Pierce, FLDecember 1, 2016
kids would come then do a role call.
snack time.
homework t
play games either outside or inside. overall was a great experience interacting with the children
Pros
fun for the kids
Cons
na
volunteer work
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Kansas City KansasNovember 30, 2016
I attended the Boys & Girls Club as a young child and As I Grew Older I seen an opportunity for me to a young children as I was aided with my development. Enjoyed being a role model showing children what they could aspire to if they put their mind to it.
Pros
Working with children
Cons
Good place to relax & get payed
Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Desert Hot Springs, CANovember 30, 2016
The typical work day for me was arrive at 3:00 pm. Work in the tutoring area for a hour or so, helping with homework. Then after that stand around watching over kids until there parents arrived. I would leave around 7:00pm or 8:00pm depending on when all the children had left. It was a really smoothed sailing type of job. With easy to work with employs & the management was very friendly. The hardest part was feeling fulfilled of myself.
Pros
Very flexable hours, Fun work envirment, Fun people to work with
Cons
Personal con. to much free time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boys & Girls Clubs of America. Our community is ready to answer.

Boys & Girls Clubs of America Reviews by Job Title