Boys & Girls Clubs of America Employee Reviews

Found 3,882 reviews matching the search
Productive atmosphere
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 22, 2017
I had a wonderful experience working here! Everyday I learned something new that bettered my abilities! My boss was super supportive of every question I had as a new employee! If there was a full time job available I would work there again!
Pros
Daily Staff meetings
Cons
Part time
Great place to test the waters
Staff Instructor (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAJuly 22, 2017
My experience working for the BGC is what eventually led me to the path of teaching as a profession. I had attended the program as a child and applied for a job straight out of high school. I loved it. Always a fun time.
Fast pace kid monitoring
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Helena, ARJuly 21, 2017
It's a fun place to be for a kid or an employee. Somedays can bring difficulties, but on the bright side you're keeping children in a safe & fun environment !
Pros
Free Lunch, Fun
Cons
Bad Children
This job Is the perfect job you have fun and work .
Janitor/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  New York nyJuly 21, 2017
I Loved this Job because I was working with younger kids and kids my age . I was only the janitor but I felt apart of the boys and girls club team . Sometimes on break I use to play with the kids so that was the fun part other than that I was working hard
Pros
A/c
Cons
Warm and fun place for both campers and counselors
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTJuly 21, 2017
Boys & Girls Club provided many hands on and educational activities for campers. Our main goal is to ensure that each child is cared for, involved in all activities, and build healthy relationships with them.
Pros
Helpful environment
Cons
short breaks
Loved it !
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Adairsville, GAJuly 21, 2017
This job was so easy and it paid good. If you love children this is the place to be. Easy hours, easy tasks, laid back, kind of job. I enjoyed everyday when I was there, nothing negative about it.
Helping children with school work
Volunteer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Homer, LAJuly 20, 2017
You start the evening by helping as many children to understand their homework assignments .

Allow older children to help younger ones.

Watching a child understand their homework completely.
Pros
Helping others
Cons
Recommend for employment and childcare services.
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Endicott, NYJuly 20, 2017
I would recommend the boys and girls club for employment and childcare services. The cost of childcare services is reasonable and the pay grade is acceptable for the position I hold. The staff there is also good people to work with.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Cut hours in the summer months
Overall a great summer job
Youth Development Counselor (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJuly 19, 2017
Great place to work if you love kids, but if you if you are looking for a long term job and not into teaching kids please do not apply for this job. Only for those who love to teach kids.
Pros
Free field trips
Cons
inconsistent management
BGCA Review
Program Coordinator/Supervisor-Education Progs (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 19, 2017
Day to day program management; this includes payment disbursements, grant reporting and audit management. Program development and supply creations. Also RFP process support
Pros
Employees are a family
Cons
Not enough funding to support programs

Want to know more about Boys & Girls Clubs of America?

Ask a question
very fun place to work
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Clifton, NJJuly 19, 2017
the staff is awesome they get along with everyone. love the kids they bring life to the job. paid vacations and they will help you if you don't have transportation to work.
Great Mission
Club Liaison Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 18, 2017
No room for advancement. There has been a major change in the structure of the movement and some employees were placed in a position or department that they're not happy with or signed up for.
Pros
work life balance, healthcare
Cons
no room for advancement, hard work not rewarded, bonuses only given to top level management
I love the Boys and Girls Club
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXJuly 18, 2017
I volunteered at the Boys and Girls Club, and I loved it! The kids are great and the staff is amazing. I enjoyed playing games and going outside with the children. Everyone is welcoming and before you know it you will feel apart of the family.
Fun workplace with much Responsibility
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Paterson, NJJuly 18, 2017
A typical day while volunteering included assisting the children with homework. I learned that children learn differently; depending on the environment, material and subject. The manager at the time was young, down to earth and great with the children. The culture at work was diverse. While volunteering I did not experience any hard part. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing all the children have fun even if it meant they had to do homework together.
Pros
Gaining experience in my near future career
Cons
No pay, benefits
Internship
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIJuly 18, 2017
It was a very enjoyable Internship for my Business Management degree. I working on forwarding confidential information onto a new data system. I also working to help with flyers and worked with businesses to get the Taste of Kenosha ready.
Pros
Enjoyable meeting so many people and learning about their businesses
Cons
Sad to leave such an amazing place for our youth.
Fun place to work
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Murray, UTJuly 17, 2017
I absoulutely loved working here! The directors, children, and staff are amazing! All of the teachers here are so kind and compasionate. My director was a perfect example of what a leader should be.
Fun and rewarding job, but if seeking financial stability look elsewhere.
Assistant Athletic Coordinator (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJuly 17, 2017
Working with children and teaching them is very rewarding in and of its self but the headquarters expect you to do things beyond the budget they give you.
A fun positive and energetic environment
Program Aide (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJuly 17, 2017
Everyday is something new, its always exciting to come in to work. My favorite thing about working with the Boys and Girls Club is interacting with so many different types of children. Creating lessons and activities for the kids was one of the most enjoyable experiences because of how well the kids were engaged with the programs.
Pros
becoming a roll model to some of the children
Cons
not enough tools to help with programs
Productive and Fun
Athletic Director (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 17, 2017
The Boys and Girls Club provided me with excellent insight and work experience into working with people in a structured environment. Working with organizational management and the community was a rewarding experience.
Pros
Busy and rewarding work environment
Cons
N/a
Loved Staff
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAJuly 16, 2017
The staff at the boys and girls club was amazing. I loved how they brought in athletes from the university to interact with the kids. It gave the kids someone to look up to.