Boys & Girls Clubs of America

Boys & Girls Clubs of America Employee Reviews

Found 3,307 reviews matching the search
Very happy and joyful place
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Nogales, AZFebruary 25, 2017
Its nice working with the children and being able to have time and get to know each and one of them. I got to get attached to many of them and helped with any thing they needed.
Fun workplace. Lovely employees
Counselor (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaFebruary 25, 2017
I enjoyed my time at food-lion. I enjoyed seeing familiar customers faces and made many great friendships with other employees.
Boring workplace
Data Entry Clerk - Intern (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 24, 2017
Its like being in a back office at a cubicle with noone to talk to for hours. its really draining. employees dont really make friends their because most are introverts. i wish i had even a second of fun.
Pros
Easy Tasks
Cons
Short breaks, Boring environment
I really enjoyed working with the Boys& Girls of America
Program Aide (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 24, 2017
A typical day at work
for me
investing time working hard with staff ,tutors and members on homework assignments. Group activities , and other developmental activities providing careful guidance and structure to promote life skills,leadership skills,including cooperation and teamwork enhancing their academic progress. Workplace Culture was amazing everyone I worked with was all about teamwork. Management did their job well.
What I learned
how to facilitate learning environments to engage youth participants
Balance multiple responsibilities while running a successful program
How to run many type of programs centered around educating
The hardest part of the job was to see a child sad or unhappy
The mot enjoyable part was to see smiling faces every work day.
Pros
good work enviroment
Cons
not enough work hours
A positive atmosphere, fun workplace, and exceptional team work.
Assistant Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNFebruary 24, 2017
This job allows you to enjoy work to the fullest. Working with kids brings laughter, patience, and compassion into your life. The best part of working here is the relationships you build with your co workers and the students.
The Best
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, MAFebruary 23, 2017
This is the best job I have ever had, and would love to go back one day! I am still dear friends with my old managers and past coworkers. My time here taught me many skills that Ive used my whole life.
A safe and positive environment for kids to learn, grow, and thrive.
Program Coordinator Intern (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIFebruary 23, 2017
Boys and Girls Clubs aim to provide youth with the tools needed to create better futures for themselves. Their motto alone is "Great futures start here". The organization helps kids discover their passions and interests. They can also be a healthy alternative to deter kids from creating harmful habits. For some children, it can be considered a safe haven, or even another home. The opportunities for members to excel are practically unlimited. If a child doesn't necessarily thrive in sports, they can have the chance to unleash their creativity through art, reading, or other fun activities.
Hard work
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Franklin Parish, LAFebruary 23, 2017
*great
* how to deal with kids
*everybody made it easy
* I love it
*leaving well it closed down (kids)
*the kids
I love that place everyone got alone just fun to be around everyone that was there
Job
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MAFebruary 22, 2017
I loved working for this company and working with all of the children. I also enjoyed working with my coworkers and learning new things from everyone.
Productive and fun
Girls Director (Current Employee) –  Laredo, TXFebruary 22, 2017
A great safe place for kids to socialize and learn.
Kids love The boys and girls club of laredo becuase its a friendly and caring place for them .
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No Breaks
cool place
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 22, 2017
friendly loved working with children & meeting new and difrent lil perosonalities from different walks of life if i could o back i really would I've learned so much from there
Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCFebruary 21, 2017
Boys & Girls club passion is the children and I believe they show it a lot. Hardworking staff and very energetic children. Hardest part of the job is trying not to be a big kid.
fun always something to do and never a dull moment
Staff (Former Employee) –  Monrovia, CAFebruary 20, 2017
well i would clock in go to the age group we wear assigned 2 and i would be with 2 other staff members and we would entertain the kids educate them if there willing to listen
Pros
free lunch good people friendly and quick to lend a hand
Cons
cant cuse cant smoke on the job and
I loved working here!
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Hall County, GAFebruary 20, 2017
I absolutely loved the children and my heart was full of love every single day I went into work. I was able to tutor them and mentor them in all of their daily life challenges while giving them the confidence they needed to continue on.
Productive and great workplace
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Americus, GAFebruary 20, 2017
Making sure kids homework are complete, playing games with kids, guiding them throughout the day to do the right thing. Set goals for the future.
Pros
Working with children
Cons
Healthcare
Fun workplace and fun to be around all the kids and the other adults
Football Official (Current Employee) –  Marysville, WAFebruary 19, 2017
It is fun to be around the kids and help them and when they wanna play a game it is fun to help them with the school work as well.
Safe environment for children of all ages.
Homework Tutor (Former Employee) –  San Pedro, CAFebruary 18, 2017
Although every staff knew what they had to do on a daily basis, everyday brought its new challenges. Everyday there was a struggle with pencils and everyday the kids would tell you how much you meant to them. I learned that although every child has a different background story they all deserve the same amount or attention and the same amount of love from every staff. The hardest part of the job was when a child had to get disciplined because you did not want to get seen as the bad guy but at times it was necessary. The most enjoyable part of the job was when you as a staff were able to see the smile on the children's faces and when a parent would come up to you and tell you that you were doing an amazing job and that they would not know what they would do without the Boys & Girls Club.
Amazing place to work that is making a difference in todays youth.
Program Director (Current Employee) –  Bremerton, WAFebruary 18, 2017
The Boys & Girls Club is an amazing place to work. Over the past 9 years I have worked my way up from a Program Specialist to Site Coordinator until now as a Program Director. In my current role I oversee 3 locations in 2 different communities, 2 in Bremerton and 1 in Belfair. My role as Program Director is to oversee daily operations ensuring my team have what they need to impact the youth in our Clubs. Overseeing operations includes, planning, implantation and evaluating the success of programs, staff and member management, community relations and budget management. Each year I learn more about my management style as well as how to build strong community partnerships/relationships. Our workplace culture is a positive environment that is team oriented all centered around our core values, mission and goals. The hardest part about my job is to turn members away. Unfortunately, we can not serve everyone but strive to do so. The most enjoyable part about my job is building relationships with our members, staff and families.
Great Experience
Counselor/ Tutor (Former Employee) –  San Rafael, CAFebruary 16, 2017
I really enjoyed working for the Boys and Girls Club. It was an incredibly rewarding experience as I was able to form great bonds and learn so much from the staff and students.
Highly recommend for college students ONLY
Full Time Youth Leader (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 16, 2017
I started working with BGC when I was just a teenager. I started off as a program aide and went back and became a youth lead when I was in my twenties. BGC offers volunteer work, free lunches, reimbursement, sick pay, and vacation after your work probation period which is three months after your hire date. Also If your in college I would highly recommend BGC because management works with school schedules. What I love about BGC is the impact. You are always making a difference and doing something different everyday. It's a fun environment. However, I left because of the pay and the ratios. You start realizing your doing too much for a minimum pay rate. Ratios are unbalance and you only have one assistant to help you with 70-100 kids in your area.
Pros
Sick Leave, Vaction, Reimbursement, Free Lunches, Fun Enivorment
Cons
Pay, Ratios

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boys & Girls Clubs of America. Our community is ready to answer.

Boys & Girls Clubs of America Reviews by Job Title