Boys & Girls Clubs of America Employee Reviews

Found 3,782 reviews matching the search
Productive, busy, fun workplace environment
Program Aide (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaJune 27, 2017
I enjoyed working with the Bpys and Girls Club. Helping the children was the best part. Watching them grow and learn throughout the school year was especially rewarding.
Pros
Working with the children
Cons
No breaks, little pay
A fast paced good place to work
Activity Specialist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJune 27, 2017
A very good first job for an individual that is good with kids, I enjoyed my time there and felt not only personal growth but also professional growth as well
Great experience and fun
Basketball Coach (volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Lompoc, CAJune 27, 2017
Its a a great no pay Volunteer program . A great way to get involved with kids and interact with them. Thus is why I know I want to work with kids in my future jobs.
Boys and Girls Club
Unit Director (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 26, 2017
As a Unit Director, I worked at the school site. We were an after school program and it was great helping kids with school and having fun after school. I would contribute my time with paper works making sure applications were on file, sheets for grants were turned in and make sure all the after school programs were running correctly and smoothly. The hardest part of the job was making sure all the paperwork was turned in on time but I did enjoy being with the kids and seeing them smile every day.
A lively and fun place to work
Youth Program Intern (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAJune 26, 2017
Very great place to start off in the human service fired but a difficult place to move up in. The most enjoyable part were the students but the most difficult part at my specific location was trying to fit in with the staff members which seemed a bot cliquish.
Work with kids, clean, play with them
Junior Staff (Former Employee) –  1nahnm dr Hartford ctJune 25, 2017
It was a very fun experience with the boys and girls club. Working with them and being a club member was great to come together and work as one. Also doing different positions like working up front greeting adults.
Good
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJune 23, 2017
Loved my kids. Supervisor was great. Pay was low, but its a non-profit. Incredibly rewarding. Not well managed. Fair amount if autonomy. Overall, glad I worked there.
Good kids bad benefits
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 23, 2017
The kids were great.I loved my co-workers . There was a good balance between my work life and my life. Id have to say tbr only problem was that I was getting paid less than part time.
Pros
Fun
Cons
No benefits
Fun and great job for College students
Activity Leader (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJune 23, 2017
This job is perfect for part time especially if you are a college student trying to pay for school. Opportunities to move up positions are always coming up.
Pros
Gain great work experience
Cons
No benefits
fun volunteer place
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Lake Elsinore, CAJune 23, 2017
It was fun to volunteer and I learned a lot of different things about the young children who often went to the club. I also enjoyed helping them with homework.
Non Profits
Site Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 23, 2017
BGC is a non profit organization so if you choose to work here, you are working for the cause and not for the pay. It is a mentally exhausting position where you take on a lot of the problems that the kids bring to you. Think about why you want to work with BGC.
Great if you like kids and have an imagination.
Floater/Assistant/Child Development Professional (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJune 23, 2017
The Boys and Girls Club was a wonderful place to work. I made connections that I'm sure will last an arbitrary amount of time. My coworkers were lovely, my boss was down to earth and humorous, and the kids always looked forward to coming. I learned patience, tolerance, multitasking, and grace. The place made my heart happy, plain and simple.
Pros
High energy environment, exercise was abundant
Cons
Split shift during the winter, easy to trasmit illnesses
Not Beneficial At All
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  San Pedro, CAJune 22, 2017
Despite my interest in art, I was assigned to help at the front desk with duties such as filing and answering the phone. I was also asked to aid in check-in and supervise the student computer lab. Leaves a lot to be desired as far as future benefits.
Air Hockey, Basketball, Helping with homework
Intern (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CAJune 22, 2017
Love playing basketball with the kids. It was hard to make the kids calm down and pay attention, but it was a safe place to learn, play and grow with kids. Supportive relationships with caring mentors,enriching programs, experiences and activities.
Youth Development Professional (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJune 22, 2017
Lots of great people. There was always a challenge. No two days were the same. There were days that I wanted to pull my hair out, and other days I never wanted to leave. i would catch myself clocking out and would still be there hanging out with the kids on my own time.
Fun place to work
Gym and Event Special Events Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fountain Hills, AZJune 22, 2017
This was such a fun place to work, every day was different. Kids are so funny and always had different things to say daily. Management was great and benefits were great as well.
Boys and Girls Club
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAJune 22, 2017
The boys and girls club was a great life experience. Working here changed my life in many ways. You must have patience working here but the culture was very adapting. The hardest thing about the job is getting along with the kids but the most enjoyable part about the job is knowing you changing a life.
I enjoyed working with the children and staff
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJune 22, 2017
I was only a volunteer but the people made up for the money and any benefits that I could have made. The experience was one I will always remember. Would not trade for the world
Pros
Excellent people
Ok
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Thomson, GAJune 22, 2017
It's an OK place to work if you have money already, and if you want a headache. Overall, I loved working with the children, but got so little time with them. The management is disorganized and flailing, to say the least.
Pros
Making new friends.
Cons
No benefits, little pay, and management is a mess.
playing with kids and going to the zoo
Staff (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAJune 22, 2017
the kids got the chance to see new things and it is really enjoyable to have kids that behave and enjoy their time. the kids that behave always have the most fun.
Pros
kids
Cons
mess

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boys & Girls Clubs of America. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3