Boys & Girls Clubs of America Employee Reviews

Found 3,896 reviews matching the search
Great place for growth
Game Room Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLJuly 26, 2017
Great place for growth and experience with children. The Boys and Girls Club has helped me transform tremendously as far as my work with children goes. Also, I have multiple opportunities to grow with my role in management. My creativity has grown as well, working with these kids and the staff here has helped me to open up my mind to being more creative.
Fun and Active
Youth Counselor (Current Employee) –  Valdosta, GAJuly 26, 2017
The Boys and Girls Club is a fun place to work. You interact with many different age groups. You teach the kids simple everyday tools through fun activities.
Boys and Girls Club
KidStop Site Assistant (Current Employee) –  Valparaiso, INJuly 25, 2017
Working for the Boys and Girls club has been extremely rewarding. It has given me many successful attributes that I could not have had without being employed. A typical day at work would be to watch over the children and make sure they are having fun but also safe. I have learned skills as far as confidence, communication, being vigilant, and safety. Management has its pros and cons. I feel as though we are not really listened to. Kidstop program director is great. She really understands and tries to help us. Communication could be better, but she is a great person to work for. The hardest part of the job honestly is the kids. Sometimes it is easy to let them get away with anything, but you have to remember, you're not there to be their best friend. You're there to have fun with them of course, but you're also there for their well being and safety. The most enjoyable part, even though I said it is the hardest, is also the kids. The make the job worth while. They really know how to turn your whole day around for the better without even realizing it.
Pros
experience for future teachers
Cons
inconsistency, poor communication of bosses.
Fun environment with great people
Youth Developer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 25, 2017
Fun place to work. Never a dull moment working with kids. Management helps you move up in the company. You work with the school year, and if you want to work summer they either have summer camp or help locate you to a year round location. Good job for a college student, or someone wanting to work with kids.
The hardest part would probably be having to remember certain things from elementary to help kids, like the "box method" or the cycle of a frogs life.
Family Atmosphere
Youth Staff (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJuly 25, 2017
Worked here from 2004-2007. Very friendly and inviting atmosphere. Staff enjoyed working with youth as well as each other. Everyone respected one another and provided a safe and fun atmosphere for all the youth.
Enjoyable and demanding
Dance Educator (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NHJuly 25, 2017
It's a Club! Free range youth. I used my creativity often, disciplined equally and enjoyed it overall. Could be stressful (underserved population).
Fun Day
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 25, 2017
I would get free food. The people that work at the Boys and Girls Club are so friendly and make everyday a great place to work at. The supervisor was such a great person and was flexible with what days you are able to work.
Pros
Free Lunches.
Cons
Too Many Children
Good experience
Classroom Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAJuly 24, 2017
Worked with many children and monitored them during recess and classes. Got to teach and read to the children. In addition I was able to learn how to talk to them in a way that they will listen.
Good experience
Activity Leader (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 24, 2017
I worked here for 4 months. It was a little unorganized. I was a substitute for multiple schools. They were sometimes late with the site you will be getting. Besides that they were great.
Builds Character and Teamwork
Program Staff (Current Employee) –  Huntington, WVJuly 24, 2017
Fabulous opportunity to make a difference in the lives of young people on a daily basis in a variety of ways. Empowering, builds character, and encourages teamwork and team problem solving efforts.
Poor organization and communication
Prevention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Huntington, INJuly 24, 2017
Schedule was done day before or day of sometimes. People called off and were late a lot without emergency reasons. Poor communication and lack of proper training. Management was not helpful.
Pros
Working with the children
Fun to work at kids enjoy it
Triple play coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edenton, NCJuly 24, 2017
Laid back job have fun with the kids just the boss didnt know how to talk to people very rude and unfair. Working there i learned how to put up with alot.
Pros
Free lunch and good work schedule
Cons
No benefits
General labor
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAJuly 24, 2017
This is a great place to work. The staff is great and the management is understanding. Great hours and insurance is great. The kids were great to work with.
Great Place
Technology Consultant/Athletic Support (Former Employee) –  El Dorado, ARJuly 22, 2017
The Boys and Girls Club allows you to forget about all the problems as an adult and enjoy time with the kids. It does have its day to day paperwork but one must not forget why your there. You will always have those kids who have a special place in your heart.
Productive atmosphere
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 22, 2017
I had a wonderful experience working here! Everyday I learned something new that bettered my abilities! My boss was super supportive of every question I had as a new employee! If there was a full time job available I would work there again!
Pros
Daily Staff meetings
Cons
Part time
Great place to test the waters
Staff Instructor (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAJuly 22, 2017
My experience working for the BGC is what eventually led me to the path of teaching as a profession. I had attended the program as a child and applied for a job straight out of high school. I loved it. Always a fun time.
Fast pace kid monitoring
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Helena, ARJuly 21, 2017
It's a fun place to be for a kid or an employee. Somedays can bring difficulties, but on the bright side you're keeping children in a safe & fun environment !
Pros
Free Lunch, Fun
Cons
Bad Children
This job Is the perfect job you have fun and work .
Janitor/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  New York nyJuly 21, 2017
I Loved this Job because I was working with younger kids and kids my age . I was only the janitor but I felt apart of the boys and girls club team . Sometimes on break I use to play with the kids so that was the fun part other than that I was working hard
Pros
A/c
Cons
Warm and fun place for both campers and counselors
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTJuly 21, 2017
Boys & Girls Club provided many hands on and educational activities for campers. Our main goal is to ensure that each child is cared for, involved in all activities, and build healthy relationships with them.
Pros
Helpful environment
Cons
short breaks
Loved it !
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Adairsville, GAJuly 21, 2017
This job was so easy and it paid good. If you love children this is the place to be. Easy hours, easy tasks, laid back, kind of job. I enjoyed everyday when I was there, nothing negative about it.