Boys & Girls Clubs of America Employee Reviews

Found 3,636 reviews matching the search
Very fun!
Vista Summer Associate (Former Employee) –  Post Falls, IDMay 28, 2017
A very fun and fulfilling job for people who want to be around kids. Hanging out with kids is great, as well as the opportunity to meet some great people. It's cool to be involved in a kids life, they look up to you which is great because you can inspire them to do things that they think they can't.
Pros
Having fun
Cons
Not a place to work to make a ton of money
Community Envolvment
Youth Leader (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAMay 28, 2017
This company cared about it's employees and the children we cared for. This company always thought of the children and did all they could to keep them safe and cared for.
Pros
Community envolvment
Cons
Part time only
Fun to work with children
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Valparaiso, INMay 28, 2017
Greeting children in the morning
I leaned to be patient and understanding
I manage the daily schedule
Wonderful diverse culture
Making everyone smile
Having fun
Pros
Free lunches and snacks
Cons
I work from 6:30 am long day
Fun working space
Youth Mentor/Worker (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 27, 2017
It was fun working there, we did different activities everyday. We received free lunch everyday. We also took educational field trips everyday and learned
Pros
Free lucnh
Cons
Barely any breaks
productive and fun work enviroment
JR STAFF (LIT) (Former Employee) –  caMay 27, 2017
The best part of the job is being able to bind with the children. Becoming a role model, for them to look up too. I usually helped supervise the children as they come in. Afterwards, prepare the breakfast for them and setting up for the next activity. and packing the lunches for the afternoon field trip. All while still playing and entertaining the children.
great experience
Baby sitting (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAMay 27, 2017
there is a lot of fun ways to keep the time moving there is always something to do everything is hands on and i always look forward to meeting new people
Loved working with the kids
Youth Development Professional (Former Employee) –  Sedalia, MOMay 27, 2017
I loved working with the kids. It was a very enjoyful place when I was around them. Some of the other employees were great to work with and others thought they never had to follow any rules. My boss was okay but let drama follow her. Besides the drama I loved it.
Pros
Loved the kids
Cons
Pay was horrible
Great workplace
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Bay Saint Louis, MSMay 26, 2017
Helping and assisting young kids with homework as well as extra curricular activities. The workplace was clean and the kids are great to work with. Highly recommend.
Working with children is not for everyone
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CAMay 26, 2017
A fast-paced and fun job if you enjoy working with children. You need to be dedicated, positive, respectful, professional and patient. Patience is greatly needed. Management isn't always the best. There is a lack of leadership and teamwork at some clubs. Starting from CEO to Managers and finally employees. Do your best to communicate with your manager and employees to prevent a dysfunctional work environment. A typical day can be chaotic, stressful and fun all at the same time. Keeping your activity rooms always need to be clean and organized helps prevent chaos. You will have bad days where activities go wrong or children are not listening. Don't let those moments get the best of you. Keep your cool and stay focused. I learned children are the greatest educators that exist. Your life will change when you work with children. Despite the frustrating lack of leadership on my last days I had a wonderful experience. I got to work with wonderful employees, parents, teachers and children.
Pros
free food, fun, fast-paced, play sports, art projects, educational, science projects, field trips, summer and holiday events, some holidays off
Cons
short breaks, no breaks, stressful, lots of cleaning, common core
A great environment for mentorship
Mentor (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMay 26, 2017
This is an voluntary organization that is open to any student of TTU irrespective of discipline. Its not a work place. My mentoring service was voluntary.
Pros
Inspiring and challenging
Cons
insufficient time
volunteer
Shift Leader| San Gabriel Valley (Former Employee) –  Monterey Park, CAMay 26, 2017
Didn't have a actual Job here but just did a lot of volunteer work. Would recommend only if you're getting money out of it but not for a job that doesn't pay you.
Youth Work
Volunteer Kitchen Helper (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMay 26, 2017
Food Prep
Dishwashing
Servings snacks to youths
Organizing Pantry

I enjoyed talking to the youth at the center and being allowed to play games at times
great place to work
Youth Leader (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAMay 25, 2017
i enjoyed working at the boys and girls club the kids were fun and the atmosphere was always upbeat i would definitely recommend this place as a option for someone to work
It's a great place for kids to be
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMay 25, 2017
The Biys and Girls club was a great place to volunteer because the staff is great and the kids are great as well. I got the chance to mentor and interact with kids. I was once also a member to the club as a kid and it was great because I felt like I was giving back. I have served food to the kids and parents on thanksgiving, I gave out turkeys and I perticipated in there programs because these were great people to be around.
Pros
Free lunches, played basketball, mentored kids, and great staff
Cons
N/a
My time at the Boys & Girls Clubs of Northeast florida
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 25, 2017
I can only speak for the clubs of Northeast Florida when I say that advancement is scarce and the turnover rate is really high. They also did some questionable things as far as firing people without any notice. Though they offered 401K benefits the only thing that went into your retirement was what you put into it. They did not match anything that we put into our retirement. The organization was really top heavy, and middle management like Program and Unit Directors were making less than our counterparts in other areas of Florida.
Pros
being a role-model for members to look up to
Cons
advancement opportunities were scarce
Very fun place
Program Aide (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMay 24, 2017
Great environment to work in, I love working with the kids ans my staff everyday. Although there are some difficult days when it comes to certain grade level students but most of the time it is very fun.
Boys and Girls Club
EDUCATION SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXMay 24, 2017
Boys and Girs club is a great part time job and the pay is good for a part time job. Everyone that works for the Boys and Girls Club enjoy working there.
n/a
club program aide (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 24, 2017
I started working here in March . Currently still employed . Great enviroment , love the staff ,an the kids are amazing . No problems with parents and the safety of their children .
Fun
JR Counselor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 24, 2017
Cares about the families and the people who work for them. Loving environment and tries to help workers in any way possible. Nice management and diverse group of people.
All kids should be a part of some club
Tutor/Mentor (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TN 37209May 24, 2017
This company is very helpful and i would recommend it to all boys and girls. This gave me an opportunity to also give back and ensure that our future is bright.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boys & Girls Clubs of America. Our community is ready to answer.

Boys & Girls Clubs of America Reviews by Location