Boys & Girls Clubs of America Employee Reviews

Found 3,999 reviews matching the search
nope
Program Manger (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNAugust 15, 2017
wasn't a good work environment for myself. Was no real training for the job, couldn't make any growth because of double standards that were in place heavily in the company.
Best Job Ever
Daycare Provider (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDAugust 15, 2017
This was the best job I ever had. I wish I didnt relocate because the environment you work in is better than any other job. The kids are great and so are the coworkers and bosses!!
Workplace was very fun and relaxed
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALAugust 15, 2017
Very well organized workplace but could get a little out of hands at times. The kids at the Boys & Girls Club really make working there a fun experience.
el ambiente muy bien y divertido
Cashier and Customer Rep (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, GAAugust 15, 2017
El ambiente fue algo muy divertido y me gusto mucho trabajar con niños
Great organization for serving today't youth
Director of Teen Services (Current Employee) –  Killeen, TXAugust 15, 2017
I work for the Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Texas, and entity of the Boys & Girls Clubs of America. In the almost decade I've dedicated to this profession there have been many great opportunities, victories, ups, and downs but it was a very fulfilling and growing process. You have to care about the youth we serve, dedicate yourself to your club, and look for training opportunities to grow constantly.
Pros
benefits, working with youth, paid time off, traveling, growth opportunites
Cons
management, salary, progression, staff appreciation, and organizational management.
job
Character & Leadership Program Director (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 15, 2017
The company isn't a bad company itself its the people they have in higher positions. People like myself (program coordinator) deal with kids at the for front, not the people that are in higher positions than myself. I feel we are over looked and thrown to the side and the only people that matter are those of a higher caliber. Is it fair no, but its life. I have a deep passion for helping our youth because i was a club kid myself, but when you have people over you that is just here for the money its hard to love what you do.
Productive and Fun work place
Youth Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 15, 2017
If you enjoy children this is the job for you! Come and have fun at work by keeping the kids busy with numerous of activities. Working here I have learned a lot about multitasking and having a positive attitude at all times. The hardest part of the job is seeing kids leave at the end of the day because of all the fun you've had throughout the day.
greatest place to work
Activity Leader (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXAugust 14, 2017
love the kids management is great . the kids are awesome sometime can be a hand full but as far as a company that goes out its way for the kids and staff. this is the place to be
Fun program, sets you up for a great career in teaching.
Program Leader (Former Employee) –  Clute, TXAugust 14, 2017
I loved my job here, if I could've received more hours I would have happily stayed. The working environment is awesome and teaching these kiddos was once in a lifetime, I'll never regret having this great job.
Pros
Best job when you have school.
Cons
Very few hours weekly.
Hectic
Youth Leader (Current Employee) –  Washington, NCAugust 14, 2017
Work environment can be hectic and disorganized. Management system is mediocre, however there is an amicable job culture among employees. There is very little opportunity to advance.
Youth Development Professional (Current Employee) –  Casper, WYAugust 14, 2017
Great place to work with great supervisors and co-workers. Great work environment, and good schedule. Easy to work with others and easy to work with kids.
great
Program Leader (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 13, 2017
this was a great place to work unfortunately I had to leave because I didn't have reliable transportation as well as I got ill. the manager is great he's very understanding.
This was a volunteer position
PROFESSIONAL TUTOR (Former Employee) –  Covington, KYAugust 13, 2017
I really enjoyed working for the Boys and Girls Club. It was very gratifying to make a difference in the children's lives. I would do this all over again if I had the time.
Pros
Learned a lot
Cons
Neighborhood was dangerous
productive and fun work place, with caring people
Program Leader (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSAugust 12, 2017
The management at Boys & Girls club was very well organized, and the workplace was something fun to be involved with. Meeting all the children and knowing you were making a difference in their lives was the best part.
fun workplace
STAFF (Current Employee) –  San Leandro, CAAugust 12, 2017
learning experience, the staff and kids are great. hope to learn more while I work at this company. everyone is friendly and help each other. on order for myself to get better knowledge I will probably go back to school and have better pay with my education.
the work place was amazing
After School Instructor (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 12, 2017
The typical day at work was mostly fun and enjoyable. It consisted of tutoring and then having snack time and after snack we would go play games. The kids also could get on the computers if they wanted to.
Pros
Seeing kids learn
Cons
i didnt get paid
A day of work
Boys and Girls Club Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Monrovia, CAAugust 11, 2017
I would help with making food and giving out for lunch when the kids arrived from school. After, I would assist with their activities and watch the time when each activity would change. The last thing I would do is to help the kids with their homework and check that they did their homework correctly.

The workplace culture is pretty friendly. Everyone ends up feeling like family and watch out for each other. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the kids learn, grow, and smile. The hardest part of the job is to actually make them listen unless you are very strict and sometimes more stern.
Lead a team of Youth Development Professionals
Assistant Unit Director (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOAugust 11, 2017
I lead YDPs during programing activities. Planned and scheduled events for members 6-15. I was responsible for planning and organizing my own curriculum.
Pros
Working with great youth
Cons
No benefits
I loved working hands with the children
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCAugust 11, 2017
The club is a place that I thought I would grow and learn new things, I did learn a lot but I just feel like it was not enough I want mor. I hope to one day have my own
Pros
The children
Cons
This job was a great and joyful place to work
Boys and Girls Club Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCAugust 11, 2017
If I had to give this job a review it will get flying colors from Me the staff was great the people was friendly and we did a lot of things with kids and sometimes I see some of the kids and they are very nice
Pros
The staff was great
Cons
Some of the parents was crazy