Boys & Girls Clubs of America Employee Reviews

Found 4,113 reviews matching the search
Easy yet challenging
Branch Director (Current Employee) –  OregonSeptember 15, 2017
Not much room for advancement in my local organization. A lot of work for little compensation. Expected to wear a million more hats than described in the job description.
funm place to work with kids
Attendance Clerk (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 14, 2017
working with kids is my passion. there are always something going on for them too do. you learn for each individual kid daily. management sucks and they don't listen to their employees.
Great kids and great work environment
Club Member (Former Employee) –  Ames, IASeptember 14, 2017
Loved working there just it was a lack of management. The staff member were always just bossing others staff around making the new staff do more work then what we were actually employed to do but overall the kids were awesome there and very respectful
Pros
Great place for kids
Cons
Need more security though
Wonderful work environment
Program Aide (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 14, 2017
I am please with the culture setting of the Boys & Girls Club in Rochester, NY and working at the school.
The tone is very relaxed and I am able to be creative with the students, bringing my past experiences and skill set to the table without feeling my ideas will be dismissed.
I'm hoping to have a long standing job relationship with The Boys & Girls Club that will provide growth, and financial stability and blossom into a strong career.
Cons
Right now the lack of hours
Staff feels like family, members feel like family, my job is my happy place
Lead Youth Development Professional (Current Employee) –  Garden Grove, CASeptember 14, 2017
I feel like this job is my escape from reality, but for these kids this IS their reality. They look up to you. You are their mentor. Boys and Girls Club teaches you how to be a mentor to these kids, and it gives you a sense of purpose. You really feel like you're making a difference coming into work everyday, and I end up leaving feeling more energized than coming in.
Pros
Comfortable environment, always have something to do, breaks are RESPECTED, a lot of free food, CA sick leave
Cons
no benefits, low pay, sometimes short staff
Loved working with the kids
Site Director/Care Giver (Former Employee) –  Spring Hill, FLSeptember 14, 2017
I loved working with children everyday no matter what the day brought and would have continued until the day retired if I could have. But I had a supervisor that I could do nothing right with and that brought every part of my self-esteem down. If I can not be proud of what I do than i do not belong in that place. Someone else will do the job better and with the efficiency that is required to bring the children need. The last thing I want is to do anything that will hard the children.
Pros
Opportunity to learn different learning abilities of children
Cons
There is only so much to assist in a child's life to help them bloom
fun workplace
Art for Life participant (Former Employee) –  Paradise, CASeptember 13, 2017
very fun and upbeat place enjoy being around kids .I learned about how to multitask and hard part was nothing . co workers were amazing .I had to help students with school projects also
Pros
get more experiance with working.
Cons
short breaks
It was a great exprience it taught me many new things
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 13, 2017
I enjoy this job it taught me many life lessons it always taught me how to work with other young kids and interact with them in a way I did not know I could
great college job/youth
Supervisor of the Patio (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVSeptember 12, 2017
Fantastic place to learn how to work with young people. I learned a lot about planning, organizing, and executing events. It taught me a lot that I later used during my teaching and youth ministry positions. We had kids from many cultures and classes and had to make them get along. Great place. Highlights would be water event Fridays and watching a t-storm set the hills ablaze, which then had us react to protect the kids.
Productive and fun working with all the kids
Youth Development Professional (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CASeptember 11, 2017
I enjoyed working with the kids a lot, I've made so many unbreakable bonds with my kids. Learning new material and presenting it to the kids was different for me but I did become better at it.
I loved working there!
Program Aid (Former Employee) –  Brushy, OKSeptember 11, 2017
I enjoyed being with the kids and all of the fun activities we got to do with them. Examples: science and discovery, arts and crafts, and fun and fitness. The people I worked with were great too!
Great Employment oppertunity
Office Admin (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOSeptember 11, 2017
Working for this company was an amazing experience. I learned and implemented the Kid Tracks program used today. The Executive Manager was great to work for. She communicated well on expectations and addressed all concerns up front to be fixed immediately. If the company could fund the position I would still be there today.
productive and fun pace to work
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJSeptember 11, 2017
bein relaxed
how to be considerate to other peoples needs
alot of positive surroundings
some long days
working with the kids has made me want to be great and a mentor to alot of boys and girls
Pros
free lunches
Cons
neagative conversations
Fun experience
Clovis Boys & Girls Club (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CASeptember 10, 2017
I felt very welcomed at the club. I enjoyed this job a lot also gave me really good experience only in 1 month. The most enjoyable part of the job was competing against the kids in tournaments for games. The place is so alive and happy.
Fun place to work but stressful
Rec Aide (Former Employee) –  Freeport, TXSeptember 10, 2017
i learned clerical and office computer skills. the kids were so out of control which made for a very stressful work day And the pay is definitely not enough.
Pros
employees became like family
Cons
stressful
Management doesn't care about creativity
Teen Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CASeptember 9, 2017
my last manager did not pay me over time and expected above and beyond performance in order to make up for unnecessary problems he would create. Kids are the ones that lose out in the end
Great first time job
Child Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Denison, TXSeptember 9, 2017
First time job this is the job to start at.......... if you love kids then you should work there. Relaxing, fun, balanced place to work...............
Company needed an over haul
Clubhouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKSeptember 9, 2017
I would really like to clarify that I worked for South Central Alaska Boys & Girls Clubs, which is a distinct and different entity from Boys&Girls Clubs America, so I am not sure why this insist review is coming up. When I came on, there was a revolving door for everyone but maybe about 5 employees on either the upper and lower echelons and the CEO would not even attend his own fund raisers and shamelessly fired good people to promote his friends. Money was usurped for his salary at the expense of programing, adequate help for employees and club house managers, and staff was essentially forced to work over time with out pay.
Upper management make job not fun
Branch Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZSeptember 9, 2017
Club staff and kids Great! Club staff offer great sport and teamwork. Upper management don't fully understand the club life they make working at the club difficult and unpleasant
Pros
Benefits offered to full time staff good
Cons
Upper management not open-minded
very professional company
Kinetix Temporary Service (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 8, 2017
This is a great company to work for. They are a very honest above board company. I would recommend anyone to work for this company. The benefits are great after 1 year of employment
Pros
very professional