Boys & Girls Clubs of America Employee Reviews

Found 3,896 reviews matching the search
My very First Job
4) Councilor (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJJuly 14, 2017
A great place for children growing up that need a place to go after school for help with homework and other activities. Learning how to deal with 12-30 kids at a time, controlling a whole gym of rambunctious children, cleaning up after them and watching them grow up is a great feeling. Working there made me more than just a counselor, it prepared me for every job I would have moving forward.
Productive and fun workplace with a ping pong table
Teen Activity Leader (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 14, 2017
Amazing atmosphere and wonderful people!The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing what an amazing impact you're having on kid's lives and how you can inspire them to do great things.
Cons
low pay
I help children from all ages from sports, to helping them to get to their assigned classes.
Sports Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vernon, TXJuly 13, 2017
I go into work in the afternoon and I help out where ever they need me. I help in classes and also help guide the kids to make sure that they are in the right classes. After I am finished there, I go to the softball field or volley ball courts or the basketball courts to referee. I love helping children in any way possible.
Fun place for student going to school
Youth Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXJuly 13, 2017
I love how the club works with college students and puts school first. I go in from 3-9 and pay is okay. Basically just work with children in a school setting.
Membership Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Milford, NHJuly 13, 2017
It was a pleasure to work at the SVBGC. The staff is productive and compassionate. It can be a fast paced environment to work in but it is very rewarding.
Great Job for Teens
Volunteer Teacher (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAJuly 13, 2017
This job was just for the summer. I really enjoyed it. Working with the kids was my favorite. They were so much fun. Plus its just a great environment to be around if you love kids.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No pay
n/a
Club Director (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL 33604July 13, 2017
Fun challenging environment to work in. Over 4 out of 5 stars! A typical day in my position varies. If activities are happening in the evening I have to come in at a later time to compensate staying in my 40 hours. I plan and run activities on my own. I manage all and anything related to the youth. My workspace is organized. The hardest part of my job is being able to grasps every child's situation and try to cater to their needs and by adjust their learning to fit every other child's needs in my youth program. The pst enjoyable part is when each child is able to open up and express their emotions. Especially if the child comes from a trouble background. Over all I have learned how to over come challenging situations and learning how to adjust and fit every specific need. Whether that is with management or my youth.
Great enviroment to work in.
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, NJJuly 13, 2017
I would help the counslers take care of the kids and enjoy my time with the people around me. The staff members where great people and the group had outstanding children.
Pros
Great Enviroment
Cons
Short Breaks
excellent
Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJuly 13, 2017
if you love kids this is the place for you. Boys and Girls club teaches the students about being independent and helping others that are in need. they are very friendly and family based
Fun place
TUTOR/ CARETAKER (Former Employee) –  CAJuly 13, 2017
Good place to learn new things, you get to know new people while working, it is good place to star as your first job, or a summer job, there's activities and fill trips that you could go as staff
SO Unprofessional
Youth Development Professional Lead (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAJuly 12, 2017
The Supervisors they hire are very unprofessional. Poor communication skills with human resource and upper management, they show no staff appreciation
Pros
Working with students
Cons
Poor managmemt
good work environment
Junior Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Alhambra, CAJuly 12, 2017
i loved working with the kids their. i worked hard to make sure those kids had a fun time at the boys and girls club. I made sure they listened to all directions, and i helped them with their homework.
i cleaned up after them, also made sure they picked up after them selves. i was paid 10.50 an hour from 1pm to 7:30 pm it was a good paying job. and i was a hard worker, i always did what i was asked, i was on my feet for 5 hours striaght didnt care for a break that oftened loved being around the kids.
Pros
enjoyed working with kids
Cons
feet got tired, boss didnt like me
fun workplace
Homework Helper (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAJuly 12, 2017
I enjoyed doing community service here. It was a great time getting to enjoy time with the kids and helping them with homework.I would definitely love to do more community service here.
Productive, fun for the children, and educational
Boys and Girls Club Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJuly 12, 2017
I loved working with the children whether in a group or on a one-to-one basis. The variety of activities, field trips, and classes offered by these clubs are innovative, inspiring, and helpful for these youthful minds. Would love to be a full time member.
Pros
Free lunches, after school care, and a plethora of activities for the kids
Sub par, just a job for high school students.
Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  Dorchester, MAJuly 12, 2017
I didn't enjoy the lack of relationship between the workers. There was no community built. Pool was small and usually dirty. Locker rooms were worse. Glad I currently work somewhere else.
Pros
Didn't have to do much
Cons
Lack of relationship among workers
Fun place to work with kids
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIJuly 11, 2017
Volunteering for the Boys & Girls Club of the Greater Chippewa Valley was an awesome experience, in which I met some really awesome kids. There were unfortunately too many volunteers for the amount of work they needed.
Pros
Working with kids
Cons
A lot of volunteers with not enough duties
fun work place
Youth Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAJuly 11, 2017
i enjoyed my time work at the boys and girls club. i have the pleasure of interacting with some many different kids and co-workers. that job taught me a lot when its comes to deal with kids. i did look at it as just a job,but a need to be there for the kids and help mold and grow them to there fullest potential. i would love to work there again
fun for staff and kids
Youth Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Los Fresnos, TXJuly 11, 2017
i enjoyed working with the kids. we were always playing sports and a t times my lesson plans were to teach a specific lesson that involved a skill of a sport. the students were great and the paretns were great as well. we didnt have enough hours and our paycheck was really small. management was fair but at times it was difficult to get a hold of the coordinator /manager.
Pros
taught fun lessons for the kids
Cons
not enough work hours
Boys and Girls Club of Kern County
Site Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 11, 2017
What Boys and Girls Club stands for is awesome. Working out at the school site is lots of fun. As a coordinator they do not give you enough hours to accomplish all things that are desire from you. It would be a job I would love to keep if we were supplied with more hours and benefits. It is only a part time job. I often come in early, stay late, and work thru my thirty minute lunch to be sure I am successful at getting my work completed in a timely manner.
Awesome place to get job experience
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Brawley, CAJuly 11, 2017
Since volunteering I've had great experience with the employees and kids. I enjoy going and spending my time there. Great place, very educational. Fun
Pros
Very Educational but yet fun
Cons
Repeitive activities