Boys & Girls Clubs of America Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,899 reviews matching the search
I enjoyed working there very much.
Activity Leader (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJune 28, 2016
I loved being able to plays sports, make arts, and play games with the kids. You build a bond with them and they almost feel like a second family.
Fun place for kids
Mentor/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Miami, FL 33167June 28, 2016
Very great place for children all ages. Teaches great values for children. And the staff was very helpful to all parents, campers and staff.
Pros
Great kids
Cons
long days
Great
Attendance Clerk (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 27, 2016
I don't work directly for Boys & Girls Clubs of America. My organization is just one of many that carry the boys & girls club. Working at the boys & girls club is a great place to work if you like working with kids from ages 6-18 from all walks of life.
Fun environment and building relationships
Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLJune 26, 2016
The BGC is a very fast- paced and friendly environment. Every day I learn something new about a child and where they come from. I try to make it a fun and memorable experience for them. Even though some days are tougher than others, my coworkers are there for support. The hardest part about the BGC is managing behaviors and keeping them engaged. They get tired of the same routine and structure everyday so having to change was a struggle sometimes. The most enjoyable part of the job that I will take with me is the relationships that I built with the kids. I enjoyed getting to know them and being a mentor to them because some kids come from a rough home life.
Pros
Support from coworkers
Cons
Pay (part-time)
Good Starting Place as Undergrad
Group Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 26, 2016
Good place to work when still in college as an undergrad. If looking for experience in the child development field then this is a good staring point.
Fun and Rewarding
Art Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 25, 2016
I miss working here. Only left this job cause I had to move back to my hometown. I was working as an Art Assistant mostly teacher at the time till a real one was hired.
My typical day I would go upstairs to the art room and set up whatever activity or lesson i had planned for the children. Usually I'd have the same group of kids cause they were genuinely interested in learning art.
Management and cowrokers were excellent they were helpful and generally pretty easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job is when a student would get rowdy or disobedient and I'd have to either put them in time out or if serious send them down to manager.
but the most enjoyable part is when the children light up from learning something new and REALLY want to learn more and when you do make a difference in their life or when they tell you they always look forward to coming from school and get to be in the art room.
Fun workplace with great kids
Youth Leader (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSJune 25, 2016
Even though there was no room for advancement unless you've been working there for 5 years, it is an awesome environment and you get to know and love the kids you watch after.
Youth Develop Professional
Youth Development Professional (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAJune 24, 2016
Everyday has an exciting adventure ahead working with Boys and Girls club of America. I had a wonderful group of children and were always eager to learn something new.
fun and energetic place to work
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTJune 24, 2016
I enjoyed working at the boys and girls club everyone had a very upbeat type of personality. I enjoyed seeing the kids and bonding with them. we always had a good time at all events that were scheduled.
Pros
great activities
Cons
head boss had an attitude and un organized
different
Staff (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 22, 2016
Very fun exciting each and everyday working with different kids. Learning how to operate with children with special abilities and skills. Understanding working here i learned to appreciate the good in life
Pros
Seeing the kids
Cons
Rainy days

Want to know more about Boys & Girls Clubs of America?

Ask a question
Awesome Atmosphere
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJune 22, 2016
Great team to work with, very supportive and wonderful organization that really helps the community. The Executive Director and Director or Operations are both very supportive supervisor and go the extra mile to make everyone feel welcome.
Awesome !
Program assistant (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 22, 2016
It was a awesome job I had wonderful Co-workers but it was a seasonal job . I would love to work with kids , adults , teenagers again it was a awesome job
Pros
Free Lunches
Boys and Girls Club of America
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Paris, ILJune 21, 2016
Boys and Girls Club of America is a very good program for all children from the ages of 6 to 16. I only work four hours a day. I would answer phone, check mail and distribute in everyone mail box. Also, I would greet anyone who would come into the building whether it may be someone to work on something to someone wanted to see the manager of the club. After my fours hours someone would come in and take over which her duties was very extent.
Nice work place
Program Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALJune 21, 2016
Nice place to work. Nice employers. Kids were not difficult to deal with. Great way to assist in school, and become a mentor.
Boys and Girls Club of Greenwich
Assistant Swim and Water Polo Head Coach (Current Employee) –  Greenwich, CTJune 20, 2016
Best part of being the assistant swim and water polo coach was definitely teaching kids the ins and outs of what it means to be a swimmer and water polo player.

I usually give them my experiences when I was practicing the sport and how I used to manage any tricky part of the sport. Whatever mistakes in the pool that I made (blindly passing the ball into double coverage or slowing down your arms and gliding while swimming freestyle), I make sure that my students don't make the same one again.

The management around me really made my job easier and I knew that I could count on anyone if I had a problem with one of my kids, or anything at all.
Great job to have
After School Teacher (Current Employee) –  Pamplico, SCJune 19, 2016
I've always enjoyed working with children and changing lives and molding minds. This is a passion for me and I'd do it until the day I expire. Great job to have over all
Pros
Seeing smiles on the children's faces
Cons
No Comment
Working with kids. Fun
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  FresnoJune 18, 2016
I liked that I could tutor other young children from the ages of 6-11 and also cleaned up around the building. I did custodial work there and tutored kids. I also was a volunteer counselor there.
Pros
Kids
Cons
occasional flooding in bahrooms
Productive and fun work place
Director (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAJune 17, 2016
I have learned how to manage my time more effectively. The hardest part of my job was disciplining my kids. The most enjoyable part of my job was building the relationships with my kids.
Pros
Building relationships with kids
Cons
Working outside of work day
Hospital
Choreographer and Model Instructor (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CT Norfol VA and Conyers GaJune 17, 2016
Fun and Caring environment Children are learning the different techniques of hip hop and runway modeling. I learned so much from the children every day there personality there wants and dreams. They inspire me to help me help them. MY co workers were very good to work with. The hard part of the job was to leave the children everyday. The enjoyable part of the job was to work with the every day people and the children and watch the smiles on there faces.
B andG
Tutor kids and help (Former Employee) –  Dallas, GAJune 16, 2016
Really Enjoyed interning here. You will have fun and meet some really amazing people. Awesome staff and great opportunity

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boys & Girls Clubs of America. Our community is ready to answer.

Boys & Girls Clubs of America Reviews by Job Title