Boys & Girls Clubs of America Employee Reviews

Found 3,294 reviews matching the search
Very dynamic and rewarding place to work
Technologist/Youth Professional (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNFebruary 5, 2017
A great to work for those who love challenges, enjoy working with young people and have a desire to make a positive difference in the life of others.
Don't do it
Youth Development Professional (Current Employee) –  Ontario, OR 97914February 4, 2017
You may think you love kids, but you really don't. Wanna get screwed over by your boss for "not being the right piece to their puzzle?" Then go right ahead and work for the Boys and Girls Club! A guarantee of ending your day with a splitting migraine and a need to kill someone.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
very enjoyable work place
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXFebruary 2, 2017
requires a lot of your time, without being a full time Job. Aside for the somewhat lack of proper support, loved working there, because I am self motivated and resourceful to provide for the students.
Enjoyable place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 2, 2017
I like working with a diverse group of children. I enjoy the administrative work I do as well. The members and staff are great to work with. Nothing to hard about this job as I am familiar with the students because I work at the school where the club is housed in. I have learned patience and the ability to interact with a wide range of ages and personalities.
great environment, great supervisors
Tutor/Mentor (Former Employee) –  Isabela, PRFebruary 1, 2017
the best experience I had in my life. As a tutor I had the opportunity to contribute in the students grades and also in their lives . I used to give them advices in their personal lifes. Assist to their school activities. Celebrate with them all their activities such as: honor roll day, graduation, birthday and many other activities.
Pros
excellent co-workers
Cons
a lot of rules
Productive workplace
Intern (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCFebruary 1, 2017
I loved interning here. The children were awesome and the other staff were always helpful. this was a flexible jobs as well when it came to scheduling.
Pros
flexiable
Cons
Out door activities sometimes
It was fun
Referee (Former Employee) –  Coos Bay, ORFebruary 1, 2017
During my experience at this club. The interactions amongst the children was fabulous and the coaches were easy to interact with. The employees I worked with are amazing and made the job enjoyable when I came to work.
Productive work, helping children during the summer.
Camp Counselor (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJanuary 31, 2017
I really enjoyed the atmosphere there during the summer. Trips to six flags were very fun. I grew up around the Boys and Girls Club and eventually when I got old enough I became a camp consuelor.
Highly active work environment
Teachers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAJanuary 30, 2017
I got to work with kids with basic math and English material and was also an assistant to the teacher in charge. I helped set up materials and made sure activities were gong smoothly. I then got to play with the kids at the end of the day , you have to be very patient and have a lot energy. You will get annoyed at times but the kids are so cute, you get over it very easily
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short break, a lot of kids yelling and running
Rewarding field, poor administration.
Childcare Staff (Former Employee) –  Richmond, INJanuary 30, 2017
Working with children is never a job that one does in order to fill their bank accounts and become rich, and the Boys and Girls club is no exception. However, working with children is always rewarding, on its own, and is often a calling that one feels they cannot help but seek to fulfill.

However, the Club I worked at was administrated poorly, with staff politics and drama determining your position rather than actual work done with children. Pay is begrudgingly given, and workers stretched to the point of breaking in order to save money. Few staff for many kids, the administration is quick to lay blame at the feet of the workers, and slow to teach, except when unintentional error has been made.
Best Job
Server/Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAJanuary 30, 2017
This had to be one of my best jobs I had as a teenager. I got to work with other kids in a fun matter while also giving them a great time. My coworkers were great and work amazing as a team. Everyone's goal was the children and there never seem to be a problem. Communication skill were great and trust was ensured. I have noting bad to say about this company beside that the job was only a summer opportunity.
enjoyed
Teen Staff (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJanuary 28, 2017
*fun
*I learn to have fun with the kids
*the hardest part if when the kids gets into a fight and you have to report
-when we have different activities
Fun work place
Program Staff (Current Employee) –  Van Buren, ARJanuary 28, 2017
Extremely fun work place where you get to interact with kids and shape their futures. Making the kids smile or making their day better means a lot to me. Everyone has the same goal of bettering lives if the children. A very positive work environment. Very rewarding.
Fun and Productive Workplace
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJanuary 28, 2017
Productive and fun workplace.Everyone works together and it's a stress free environment. It contains lots of activities that allow the children to bond and learn as well. There are many different clubs and groups you can get involved in such as (art club, spots teams, organizations etc.) There motto is always put the children/others first and that's exactly what they do. I attended there as a child and grew up going there and once I turned 16 years old I started doing volunteer work for them and staying busy. It was a good work experience I really enjoyed it,although I didn't get payed and worked long hours it was definitely worth it in the end. I got many other offers due to my performance and skills and also worked well with the children and cooperated with whatever the parents needs and circumstances were. I was employed by two people who use to look after me while I attended the Boys&Girls Club. Evelia and Alex Garza were my employers and are currently still the head of the Glendale Boys&Girls Club of Metropolitan. It was definitely a good experience ,it taught me many skills and lessons for the real world,and allowed me to use what I already knew and the qualities I have for my working experience. If I had the chance to work there again I would go back for sure. That club is one of the best known too for its success and interacting with the children.
Pros
Free lunches, funded clubs, other organizations
Cons
Healthcare, long hours
I enjoyed the energetic environment
Volleyball Referee (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WAJanuary 27, 2017
I enjoyed working with children, referring volleyball was a good time. I enjoyed being able to judge the games by expressing my knowledge of volleyball rules, but creating a fun game at the same time.
Pros
Positive environment
Cons
Parents complain for small referring mistakes
High creativity in generating ideas for youth activities.
Activity Specialist (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILJanuary 27, 2017
Very productive and fun working and playing with children as well as helping them learn. I appreciate the positive impact and value of leisure and recreation.
Education Based Summer Program
Internship (Former Employee) –  Ellijay, GAJanuary 26, 2017
Worked with the children during the summer program. Created lesson plans and worked through them with all different age groups. The manager was friendly and taught me a great deal about how to work with children of all paths of life.
Great place to work. Provided great opportunities and examples of leadership
South Unit Director of Education (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 26, 2017
An excellent place to work. Provides experiences and opportunities to grow in your career and on a personal level. There is consistent training and mentoring opportunities for any professional. A great place to foster a rewarding career.
Productive and safe after school program.
Social Recreation instructor/Front Desk (Former Employee) –  3400 S. Emerald AveJanuary 26, 2017
Boys and Girls Clubs of Chicago is an amazing place to work for. Seeing the many different children and being able to bond with each child on a daily basis is so rewarding.
Pros
The best pro about working for BGCA is being able to make a difference in children's lives.
Cons
No health care, no job advancements, low pay.
Good place to work!
National Director (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 25, 2017
Focused on helping America's youth even though company feels very corporate. Work culture needs to be a lot stronger but at the end of the day I work there because of the mission.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boys & Girls Clubs of America. Our community is ready to answer.

Boys & Girls Clubs of America Reviews by Job Title