Boys & Girls Clubs of America Employee Reviews

Found 3,896 reviews matching the search
work in general
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Douglas, GAJuly 11, 2017
I love my job. My day at work consist of being around the kids all day, and being able yo educate them with academics and hands on things that they may take in consideration when they get older. Triple play is enjoyable and the best part of the day is being able to help those in need with their homework, because the look up to me and respect me so much and for them to see that i care they are willing to try there best to succeed.
great place to work
Activity Director (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJuly 11, 2017
fun never a dull moment dealing with youth all ages and providing a fun and safe place for them to hang out. The team was awesome, we all worked well together.
Pros
having a place to give kids to play and keeping them off the street
Cons
more funding
Fun working place nice people and fun environment
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 11, 2017
Neat and clean environment for the kids to play nice people and lots of wonderful people to help if help is needed their always willing to go the extra mile when needed and extra friendly. Theirs tons of activities for all age kids to participate in.
Super fun for both kids and staff!
Youth Development Professional (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAJuly 10, 2017
A regular day for me involved helping children ages 6-12 with their homework and when everyone has finished their work, playing group games that the kids will mentally and physically benefit from. The work atmosphere is very friendly and comfortable. The hardest part of the job is being able to say no to the kids who want to play when it is work time, but non the less, it must be done! The best part of the job is getting to know all of the different personalities that I work with, whether it be children or staff.
Pros
hanging out with the kids!
Cons
not many benefits associated but that doesn't matter much to me
Fun, but no benefits
Education Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lenoir City, TNJuly 10, 2017
This job was fun and I got to work with at-risk kids, but there were no benefits, no sick time, no PTO, and no pay for holidays we were forced to be closed.
A great job for those who love to work with kids
Vendor (Current Employee) –  Hyde Grove, FLJuly 10, 2017
Our mission is to inspire and able all young people, especially those who need us the most, to reach their full potential as a productive, caring, and responsible citizen.
Fun workplce with games
Science instructor (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TexasJuly 10, 2017
I took care of about 500 kids. I worked as the Science instructor. I came up with new experiments that the kids can do everyday. This work place was very fun.
Great orgini for the kids
Rec Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Covington, TNJuly 9, 2017
Love working at the boys and girls club . Wonderful place for the kids. Great futures really do start there I've seen it with my own eyes. Glad I can have an impact on kid's lives.
I was a Voulunteer.
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 8, 2017
I volunteered at The Boys and Girls club for a few months. It helped me become the person I am today. I was an assistant for the teen instructor. I helped her put information on file, ran errands for her, helped her take care of other things. I helped with the chicken coop. it was a fun experience.
Productive and Caring place to work
Youth Development Professional (Current Employee) –  Poplar Bluff, MOJuly 8, 2017
I love working at Boys and Girls Club because everyday is an adventure. This job has taught me Patience and to be Flexible and ready for anything that comes my way. I love to see the children smile as they come to Boys and Girls Club.
Pros
seeing the children happy and safe.
Cons
The pay could be better.

Want to know more about Boys & Girls Clubs of America?

Ask a question
Productive Empowerment
Program Leader (Current Employee) –  Redlands, CA 92374July 7, 2017
Empowering children was done by motivating them to engage in sports, higher reading levels, and clarifying math problems. Overall, children were motivated to do well in school and become aware of their potential.
Great place to work, fun place for kids,etc.
Teen Staff Member (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIJuly 7, 2017
I loved the Boys and Girls Club, that was the best job iI've had by far. The children were great as well as the workers. Nothing but love in the place.
Pros
Free lunches, free bus rides, etc
Fun place to work
Volunteer Football Coach (Former Employee) –  Clovis, CAJuly 7, 2017
Getting to work with the children was a blast. I was able to teach them as well as learn a lot from them in the process. Management was absolutely wonderful. The toughest part of the job was handling multiple energetic children at one time, but the difficulties made it even better at the end of the day.
amazing place to work at
Youth Counselor (Current Employee) –  Oroville, CAJuly 7, 2017
I enjoy working at the boys and girls club, it has been an honor to serve the youth and my community. I enjoyed every aspect of this job. I have learned that the hardest tasks can be acheivable.
Fun working with children
Computer Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fernandina Beach, FLJuly 7, 2017
Enjoyed working with the children. Hours and compensation were ok.
Summer work as childcare was non-negotiable
Most enjoyable was children
Culture was set up as a school
working in the gym
Gym Activities Leader (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 7, 2017
i worked in the area of the gym, so i had a lot of fun and great experiences with all my kids. they enjoyed all the games i had ready for them. most of the teens that came in my gym area also like what i had planned for them on a daily basis, knowing some teens they are just into video games and cell phones, but in my gym they had always got in there exercise time they needed for the day.
Not what you think
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJuly 6, 2017
You would think a non profit would be focused on the kids but this organization is all about special events to appease the wealthy to give money and asking for grants. The employees aren't treated well and the kids are packed in the place like sardines.Not safe.
Rewarding and exciting place to work.
Youth Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Auburn, CAJuly 6, 2017
Board Members
Board Member (Current Employee) –  Glassboro, NJJuly 6, 2017
The board members are dedicated and love the children they serve. The staff are very engaged and committed to working with the children. Its very rewarding.
nothin
Data Entry & Membership Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 6, 2017
nothing good i walked away from the clubs due to a multitude of reasons their turnover rate is extremly high and they dont back their employee like they try to promote
Pros
sad
Cons
sad