Boys & Girls Clubs of America Employee Reviews

Very fun place to be!
Unit Director (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTSeptember 25, 2017
Working with kids, setting up programs, time management, sharing knowledge with staff was awesome! The workplace was exceptional, enjoyable where you were able to learn alot of do's and dont's about youth
Pros
Friendly and enjoyable atmosphere
Cons
Always moving
Working with children
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, MASeptember 25, 2017
This is an amazing company to work for. I enjoy the hours, the staff and I specially enjoy my students. Boys and Girls Club management is impeccable, professional and agreeable to work with. I would work for this company indefinitely if more hours were offered and benefits were given as consequence. Time flies by when working there.
Pros
The company, the staff and the students.
Cons
Part time job doesn't offers any benefits.
great place to work if you like kids
Jr Staff (Former Employee) –  Silver Springs, NVSeptember 25, 2017
helping kids out with homework and joining in on their activities were such fun but sadly i had to part i no longer had time to spare for the kids since i took charge in my school as part of the leadership class
Day to day
Barker Boys & Girls Club (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 25, 2017
Boys and girls club is a good starting career for high school students. There are lots of learning opportunities that I have taken with me from working there and also growing up as a participant.
productive fun enviroment
Youth Development Counselor (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CASeptember 25, 2017
Boys and Girls club of san Leandro taught me how to properly handle classroom settings, positive approach to discipline and gave me the freedom once i was certified to be a youth development coordinator to run enrichment classes which taught healthy lifestyles college preparation and even emotional therapy through art. The work environment was stress free and full of learning by trial sand error.
Pros
great staff, clear training
Fun Place
Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmonds, WASeptember 24, 2017
Great place to get paid to have fun. Sometimes somebody can play games and go on field trips. There is also the possibility of meeting new people who are of different backgrounds.
Pros
Snacks
Cons
No benefits.
Good experience as my first job.
Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ken Pruitt UnitSeptember 23, 2017
Really loved working with Boys and Girls Club. Had a thrilling experience during the summer.. was then placed at a different location for school year (Morningside Elementary) and quit shortly after due to very very poor management and staff. I have many friends that were fortunate to stay at my previous location and apparently were overflowing with staff, when at my location.. roughly two minutes away, I was the only program specialist. My director and assistant director were nothing but horrible to me and clearly had no idea how to treat kids and were very unprofessional/unorganized.
Pros
People/ kids
Cons
Having my location switched/ poor staff
Good Place to Work
Lead Teacher for Brain Gain Summer Program (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 23, 2017
I enjoy my work as a tutor. I work with individuals and small groups to help reinforce concepts being taught in the classroom. My schedule is very flexible which is one of the perks of the job.
Pros
Pay, Schedule
Cons
Job security
very energetic workplace
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WASeptember 23, 2017
From what I learned while working at the Bellevue Boys and Girls is to always be respectful of other people. The hardest part of the job and the main job is just dealing with the kids. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the kids grow up.
Developmental environment
Team Leader/Former Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Ruston, LASeptember 23, 2017
This is where i first begin working with children and mentoring them. This job taught me its principles as and concept with mentoring children and how BGC works with their future.
Enjoying my time and working hard
Boys and Girls Club Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 23, 2017
I Have no experience but I was hoping I could work something out because I am looking for a job. I really am in the need of a job and the boys and girls club seems like a good place to start for me.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Fun Place to work
Service Director (Current Employee) –  Apopka, FLSeptember 23, 2017
Focus on Leadership development. Gives opportunity for advancement, Great place to enhance multi-tasking skills. Great place for kids and learn to work with youth in various settings.
Pros
Children-friendly
Cons
pay
Relaxed
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSSeptember 23, 2017
The boys and girls club of Lawrence, Kansas is very helpful in the sense of giving you on the job experience. It is useful for individuals who want a career in youth development.
Productive and Fun Place to Work
Clubhouse Director (Current Employee) –  ArizonaSeptember 22, 2017
Love my work knowing I make a difference in the life of a young person daily. Being a person who has been on the receiving end of the programs and activities offered while growing up. I know that the programs matter and the relationships we build with our kids day in and day out truly make a difference.
Love the kids!
Director of Resource Development (Former Employee) –  Richmond, INSeptember 21, 2017
I loved the kids - easy to remember just how important each job was when you saw the kids respond, bloom and grow! A real team effort there. Culture was informal for the most part.
Pros
kids
Cons
long hours, high level of stress
Fine
Staff Member (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 21, 2017
I did not enjoy working here. The children were out of control and my manager did not support us at all. I would be by myself in control of 20 or more children and it was very stressful.
Very Rewarding
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Goshen, INSeptember 21, 2017
You will not find a job that is more rewarding. I would work here forever but it is not a job that is great if you have a family or young kids at home.
Federal Grants Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 21, 2017
BGCA was a great place to work. I gained a lot of experience in the administrative field during my time there. You were allowed to learn and grow in many areas of my career. There was no pressure and I did not have supervisors watching over me, which is how I do my best work. I would recommend this employer any day.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
A work experience i wont forget.
Jr Staff (Former Employee) –  Flint, MISeptember 21, 2017
This Experience was granted to me by Teen quest and i haven't regretted it or the opportunity since then and it has granted me with a scholarship and all.
Pros
scholarships, field trips to colleges
fun environment
Staff Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORSeptember 20, 2017
a Typical day at work would be very fun and interactive with all the children that l had to work with.
the hardest part of my job was when I had to leave.