Boys & Girls Clubs of America Employee Reviews

Found 3,629 reviews matching the search
it was fun, great atmosphere
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Garfield, NJMay 12, 2017
my typical day at work was to make kids laugh and have fun at the job. i learned how to handle money, have patience, be responsible. The hardest part of my job was dealing with kids that were mad. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing kids smile
Pros
i was allowed to play basketball
Cons
bad kids
Fun and Productive Place to work
K-5 Academic Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Menlo Park, CAMay 12, 2017
BGCP is a fun place to work; the kids are tough but if you're patient and willing to work with them and make a connection, you will strive with the kids.
Great Environment
Teen Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Bainbridge, WAMay 11, 2017
While I was there I was a volunteer so I wasn't paid for my time but none the less it was a great place to be and to work. The staff members were very kind and accomidating towards one another and us volunteers. I would go back again if I could.
Summer Work Porgram
Maintenance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tuba City, AZMay 11, 2017
The summer work program provided me a site that would show me skills in a career i was looking towards. The program also set me up with someone to job shadow which really helped learn the daily job duties of this job.
Productive and fun workplace
Youth Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSMay 11, 2017
Staff is really fun and nice. The kids are smart but sometimes there are behavior problems. The behavior procedure put in place does not always help the situation. Often times there is a big teacher to student ratio. Supplies is supplied and the director always challenges you to be more creative with programming. Sometimes the mandatory programming seems like a pain, but you have to get creative with delivering it because after school the kids would much rather unwind.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Little to no breaks
Integrity challenged organization - top leaders
Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 11, 2017
The mission is the saving grace and the motivation to hang in there. Incredible work done for youth. This is attributed to the incredible club and metro level leadership. However, the National office is a different story. Older black females do not have longevity. Don't leave a secure job with retirement or pension invested to work here if 40+.
Pros
Fully paid benefits by agency
Cons
Integrity of national office leadership
unorganized and pay did not fit work load
Program generalist (Former Employee) –  53rd st schoolMay 11, 2017
I felt I wasn't equipped to do some of the task that were given. Also, the pay didn't fit the job description and even though I worked between part and full time the company would not offer me benefts.
Pros
great extracurricular activites
Cons
unorganized
It was a fun job and I really enjoyed working with the children
Direct Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 10, 2017
*The most enjoyable part of the job was the kids
*the hardest part about the job was getting staff to communicate
*management was okay, but they didn't pay enough
Pros
Working with kids
Cons
short on staff and lack of compensation
Fun work place but can get a little crazy.
Youth Development Programer (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOMay 10, 2017
This job will help you grow your patience because you get to work with the youth. You get to work with all different kind of age groups and learn new things from kids everyday.
My first Job
JUNIOR COUNSELOR (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMay 10, 2017
Had a lot of good memories here tutoring students. The after school kids are still friends with me till this day. As well as the other tutoring job, this job taught me a lot about leadership, and responsibility as well.
Its so and so
San Diego Encanto Branch - Program Leader (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 10, 2017
I was a member at the boys and girls club before working there its a fun environment to work in. howerever at the location I was at the management was poor didn't take responsibility for her actions and did not provide me with the tools I needed to succeed for example I worked there for a year and never received my cpr training.
Shaping the youth into mature young adults
Room coordinator (Former Employee) –  Adrian, MIMay 10, 2017
I learned a lot from the kids and I hoped they learned a lot from me. It was great practice for me to gain organization skills and personable skills with the members. I had a lot of fun working at the Boys and Girls Club. There was something new every day which made it very interesting. The hardest part was getting the members to listen to you or respect you. The most enjoyable part was gaining that respect and trust and seeing the members lives change.
Poor Management, Terrible Pay
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 10, 2017
There are some okay staff at Boys and Girls Clubs of King County. Overall there is very poor management. From the top down things are mess. Staff are expected to be available at the drop of a hat for outside of hours events. The pay is terrible. Currently, Boys and Girls Clubs of King County pays its experienced adult staff the same amount of money it pays the high school students it employs. I just don't think that's right. Many people have quit in the last year.
Pros
relaxed work culture
Cons
terrible pay, working odd hours, terrible management
awesome and fun place
Athletic Director's Assistant (Current Employee) –  La Crosse, WIMay 10, 2017
I love working here, on a normal day you show up sign in and start working on what your job is immediately, typically I show up and sit in the office and work on paper work with my bosses
I volunteered here.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALMay 10, 2017
I volunteered at the Boys and Girls Club. From what I witnessed they treated their employees very well. The kids were well taken care of as well, from morning exercises to the evening brain storming exercises.
Just Awesome!
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Stoneham, MAMay 9, 2017
Working as a summer camp counselor, I have loved the concept of the Boys and Girls Club. It gives children an entertaining, but safe environment to spend their time.
Very productive and fun place to work
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Zionsville, INMay 9, 2017
I loved interning at the Boys and Girls Club, it was a great experience and I loved working with the children. The staff was very nice and easy to work with.
Pros
Working with the children
Cons
no healthcare cause internship
fun
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAMay 9, 2017
work with kids and make sure they do good on their homework. also play with kids and organize games like tag and capture the flag to promote healthy competition and exercise.
Pros
fun
Cons
kids are scary
Very Stressful
Summer Staff Member (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaMay 9, 2017
Boys and Girls Club is a great idea, but because there are no consequences for bad behaviors of campers, it's a stressful job. May be better with younger students, but very hard with teens. Most of the campers come from terrible home situations and have no idea how to behave.
Pros
Leadership of center works hard. She makes staff feel important and wanted.
Cons
Minimum wage, poorly behaved campers
Boys and Girls Clubs
Harrison Square Extension Site Director (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAMay 9, 2017
The nob was very rewarding. The time with the kids is priceless. The programs that they provide will help develop the youth if this area and possibly in other areas as each child grows.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boys & Girls Clubs of America. Our community is ready to answer.

Boys & Girls Clubs of America Reviews by Location