Boys & Girls Clubs of America Employee Reviews

Found 3,312 reviews matching the search
Productive? Volunteer work
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTFebruary 13, 2017
As i arrive to the Club i am always greeted with the brightest smiles. I am help the 1st graders with their homework, I even teach them new techniques with math to help them understand it a little better. I passed out the lunches, then its recess and as we wait for the parents to pick them out we play trivia.
Pros
The children
Great Job
Program Aide (Former Employee) –  Brooksville, FL 34602January 25, 2017
Overall I enjoyed working with children, I enjoyed being around them, helping anyway I can. I enjoyed the different ages, backgrounds, and the culture. I learned a lot about myself and how children should be taught and spoken too. I really enjoyed what I did very well. It was fun, and I learned a lot.
Pros
Teaching, and assisting where needed.
fun and great enviorment
customer service to ensure guests satisfaction (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAJanuary 6, 2017
Boys 7 Girls Club is a place of business where kids com to learn sports, education, and healthy habits. This is one of the best experiences I've ever been through. Its a great place to stay in shape and shape kids future with confidence and knowledge.
Pros
sport, and field tips
Cons
breaks without pay
Fun with coumputers
Computer Room Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albany, ORNovember 15, 2016
my typical day was fun but light work.
I learned how to keep track of time cards for the computers and fill them out.
My co workers were great I enjoyed working with them.
the hardest part of the job was waiting for the children to ask for or need help.
The part I enjoyed the most was definitely keeping track of the time cards.
Pros
Free lunch in the summer
Cons
No health care
Great place to work. Provided great opportunities and examples of leadership
South Unit Director of Education (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 26, 2017
An excellent place to work. Provides experiences and opportunities to grow in your career and on a personal level. There is consistent training and mentoring opportunities for any professional. A great place to foster a rewarding career.
Could be a great place to work and place for the kids to grow
Membership Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 14, 2017
This was a job that I saw and still see a good place to grow for the kids and the staff and if given all the right tools a great place to improve on oneself. It needs a lot of change within but over time it will be great again.
Pros
allowed me to grow and be myself
Cons
did't offer enough pay.
Fun place to work
Site Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 21, 2016
A typical day at the Boy's and Girl's Club included , Organizing and coordinating members programs, Maintaining members safety and attendance, working directly with school staff and maintaining a healthy rapport with members and families, Delegating responsibilities to staff, and preparing and submitting monthly reports. I learned a host of necessary skills working with The Boy's and Girl's Club and the most enjoyable part of my job was meeting goals and working with families and members.
Pros
Helping Families
Cons
Not having work during summer months
Its a wondetful work place!
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Chatsworth, GADecember 2, 2016
It's a very wonderful job. I couldn't ask to work with better staff and have better bosses. The hours are short during the work day though and I'm just not getting enough and that means not a lot of money either. The job is only part time, but I'm needed something full time with finishing school.
Pros
Learn to love all ethnicitys & kind
Cons
Not enough hours
its great
Counselor & Power Hour Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJanuary 23, 2017
it's fun working with the kids, you never know what to expect them. i think it good knowing that with working with the kids you could potentially be a person that is a huge influence on a child's life.
Pros
working with the kids
Cons
only offers full time during the summer so you won't have many hours throughout the year
Kick ball games
Assistant Director of School #7 (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 28, 2016
serve children and youth of all ages, and encompass a broad range of focus areas including academic support, mentoring, youth development, arts, and sports and recreation
Homework, filed trips, daily activities, managing a group of staff and 100 kids.
Pros
building family relationships
Cons
watching them grow up
Productive, fun and educative.
Assistant Athletic Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Canyon Country, CAJanuary 12, 2017
As a former club member, it was great to come back and give to an organization that helped me become who I am today. I enjoyed connecting with all the kids that attended through sports, recreational games and other activities. All of my coworkers were great, all getting along.
Bad Culture; low salaries for middle managers
Area Director (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 31, 2016
Not a good place to work, constantly in budget crisis. In addition, there is conclusion by upper management to phase out educated minorities. Therefore the high end salaries are reserved for the CEO, CFO, Vice President of Youth Development and Human Resources.
Pros
Working with young people
Cons
Low salaries, no opportunity for growth, no respect or loyatly
Productive and fast pace environment!
Junior Staff (Former Employee) –  San Gabriel, CADecember 19, 2016
-Easy to learn on the job type of workplace
-Communication is great between workers
-Working with children from preschoolers to teens
-Clean environment
-Nothing too hard to do except education subjects that students may ask you to assist them on
-Friendly place except for some demanding co-workers
Safe and family orientated place.
assist full-time staff (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 20, 2017
Working here was great! Being around the different types of kids i met was great. The staff were very family orientated,seeing how much i made a impact of those kids made it that much better working there.There was really no hardest part to this job.
Pros
Good food, Fun and safe
Cons
alot of children
Boys and Girld Club
Assistant Program Director and Teen Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Adrian, MINovember 21, 2016
Boys and girls Club haves a great mission. The club gives young kids an opportunity to grow, have fun, and be in a safe environment.However management was an issue for me. There was a lot of favoritism with in the different clubs that effected the work environment that eventually trickled down to the members.
Productive work place
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAOctober 17, 2016
I learned the responsibility to help children with their school work. I learned how to communicate with others more often now, and learned how to talk to adults more frequently. I helped clean up things after the children left. Learned how to take the responsibility in having a job that i could work with others. My co-workers and management were all very nice and respectful people.
Pros
Free lunches/snacks.
Cons
N/A
Very easy job
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 9, 2017
As a volunteer there is not much to do unless you are told to do it by the staff. Main duties were to watch the children as they play or do homework. Tutoring time was very limited. It was nice working with children but personally I would have liked to tutor more instead of feeling like a babysitter during their free time.
fun people to be around. friendly atmosphere.
Boys and Girls Club Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHDecember 19, 2016
a typical day at work is just like hanging around your friends and and making money at the same time
i learned how make friends easier
co workers were easy to get along with
there was no hard part
everything about the job was enjoyable
Pros
right next to acme! free food and coffee
A necessity
Youth Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  El Centro, CADecember 14, 2016
From my experience, the workplace seemed to be understaffed and underpaid for the work and service that they provided to the community, but the Boys and Girls Club was a necessity for the children and parents of the community. I have mixed feelings about the company but they do provide a valuable service.
Productive & fun work envirnoment
Youth Development Counselor (Current Employee) –  Clifton, NJNovember 3, 2016
I have only been in this company for 2 years. I have experienced and learned a lot on the job. I have connected with many of the children, and continue to grow those relationships. I find the Boys & Girls Club a very warm, and safe environment for children. We help with homework, disciplinary issues, and ensure they succeed in their goals. I love being able to walk into the building, having the children greet me with hugs and endless stories. I have learned that children have vast personalities. Of which, we need to address. The hardest part of the job, personally, is seeing a child who receives little to no attention from home. I believe it is my job here, to create a "second home" for those children. I enjoy working here very much.
Pros
Flexible schedules, going on field trips, activities
Cons
Benefits for new employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boys & Girls Clubs of America. Our community is ready to answer.

88%