Boys & Girls Clubs of America Employee Reviews

Found 3,778 reviews matching the search
my favorite job of all
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MAJune 9, 2017
i loved working at the boys and girls club suck a happy place i love working with kids. teaching them my knowledge and my experience. i teached the kids music and graphic designs
great
Junior Counselor (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJune 9, 2017
was my first start to deciding where and what I wanted to do in my future granted it might have changed a few times sense but put my mind in a place were I was thinking about my future
Very productive & fun
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, CAJune 8, 2017
Working at the boys and girls club was a wonderful experience. I love kids! I love crafts! So that was my department helping out with crafts from ages 5-10.
Great Non-Profit to Work At
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJune 8, 2017
I have worked with the Boys & Girls Clubs for over two years, and I absolutely love it. Obviously, the pay isn't ideal since it's a non-profit, but it's such a fun job, so it's worth it - especially for teenagers and young adults who are just getting their careers started.

I don't love the work hours - it's not a typical 9-5, but understandably so. We are here to serve the youth. It's a great place to really make an impact on youths' lives who need it the most, and while I will not be with BGC forever, I am truly grateful for the opportunity to work with them. I would highly recommend that anyone who loves working with kids and wants to make a difference pursues a career with the Boys & Girls Clubs.

While I can't vouch for every location across America, the two locations I have worked at have been so incredible, and it's been a truly fun and rewarding two years with the organization.
Pros
Working with kids, fun environment, rewarding, benefits
Cons
Pay
Very enjoyable
LEADER (Former Employee) –  Siloam Springs, ARJune 8, 2017
Fun environment with lots of energy. The kids are great and make the job fun and easy. Great relationships in staff. Variety of options for working enviroment
Fun Workplace
Program Director (Current Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYJune 8, 2017
Typical work day is developing activities to do for the day/week for after school program, cleaning, and supervising children and staff. The hardest part of the job is to get the children engaged in the activities you have planned and staff interacting with children. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the faces of the children each day.
Very productive and fun place to work
Youth Leader @ Morton Middle School (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 8, 2017
I worked part-time assisting students. I felt it was a safe, warm and friendly environment and the staff was wonderful. I did not have a chance to work there as long as I would have liked, but it is a great place to work.
Great Place to Work
House Grounds Worker; Day Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 7, 2017
Fun, Casual workplace
Working with wide range of kids (6-17)
Dedicated co-workers
Decent health insurance

amazing amazing amazing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
unorganized
Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLJune 7, 2017
. Clubs are open each day after school from 2:00 to 8:00 p.m. Research has
... Based on the interests and needs of the disadvantaged boys and girls we
serve, our Clubs offer diverse program activities in the ... Fort Pierce, FL 34
Awesome Place to Work with all phases of Youth
Youth Development Professional (Former Employee) –  Adrian, MIJune 7, 2017
This environment is super flexible. It is all about making the most with you got. Depending on the location of the club it will have different culture. It is up to the staff to fit into that culture and lead the kids on the right path to being competent civilians.
Pros
Flexible
productive fun workplace.
Youth Counselor (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLJune 7, 2017
Fun workplace, gain experience on taking care of little kids afterschool. Helping them on homework, playing with them, etc. A typical day at work is getting there waiting for them to arrive ask them about their day and think of activities for them.
Pros
Free lunches.
grrreat place to work
N/A (Current Employee) –  Augusta-Richmond County, GAJune 7, 2017
Fun people and a lot of room to grow. Kids are great and the staff is friendly. It just like a big family. The kids are the most enjoyable part of this job.
Bus monitoring
Front desk attendant (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJune 7, 2017
After school program bus monitoring and you had to ensure the diver was not leaving any of the children behind. Make sure the kids behaved and was not a distraction to the driver so that we all arrive back to the club safely.
Fast Paced and Active
Volunteer Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CAJune 7, 2017
Volunteering at Boys And Girls Club was good workplace environment . I would vacuum, wipe tables, dust other things inside the area .Everyone is nice and glad to help.Enjoyed volunteering there because the employees are nice .
Pros
free snacks
Cons
short breaks
Fun work place
Youth Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Live Oak, CAJune 6, 2017
I really love working here, the kids are awesome and my coworkers and manager were really nice. I was a work study student majoring in psychology so this place was a perfect fit.
Fun, loving, and caring environment for kids
Babysitter (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJune 6, 2017
A typical day at work for me was playing and hanging out with kids until their parents came to get them after work. The work place had a loving and enjoyable environment.
Such a fun place to work but low pay
Summer Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 6, 2017
I loved working at the club. I enjoyed the staff, and the kids. The 9-6 shifts seemed to go in a blink of an eye, because you're actually having fun.
Pros
Fun, good people, good kids
Cons
8.25/hr pay
Great Place to work!
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 6, 2017
Great job to work, everything about this job is awesome from management to the kids you work worth. The only problem is that the job does not pay well. Great job for if you are in school but if you don't plan to move up not a long term job.
Pros
Great environment and management
Cons
Not great pay
Participate in events relevant to age group
Health Awareness Program Co-Site Leader (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 6, 2017
I worked with high school and middle school students where we taught them on relevant health topics, as well as health topics that they requested. We found that using an anonymous question jar was a very useful tool as many members of the club had questions but were perhaps nervous to ask in front of the whole group.
Pros
Lots of fun
Cons
No pay
A very emotional job
Academic Success Coordinator (Former Employee) –  St. Cloud, MNJune 6, 2017
Working at the Boys and Girls Club has ups and downs. One day you can have the time of your life, doing crafts and playing games all day. But the next you might leave in tears because of how the kids are acting or because you heard a child talk about a home life that sounds awful. I overall loved working here but I would not call it an easy job.
Pros
You get to do a lot of fun activities
Cons
A very emotionally draining job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boys & Girls Clubs of America. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3