You will aid in the development and growth of our youth, ages 6-18. At the Boys & Girls Club, we pride ourselves on our ability to understand and engage our youth in a way that is both effective and fun. Whether it’s navigating academic, social or financial standings, Youth Development Professionals provide mentorship and programming that cultivates responsible and caring traits in the youth they serve.
Most importantly, individuals must abide by and support the Club’s mission: to inspire and enable all young people to reach their full potential as caring, productive and responsible citizens.
As a Youth Development Professional, you will work with multiple departments including: Art Studio, Games Room, Learning Center, Technology Center, Music Studio, Outdoor Playground & Playfield, Gymnasium, Teen Center and Kitchen.
- Develop and implement programs and activities that promote various skills found in caring, productive and responsible citizens (i.e. communication, sportsmanship, academic enrichment, positive expression, healthy habits, technology competency, etc.)
- Manage equipment and supplies from varying departments and writing purchase orders, repair forms, and other documentation when needed.
- Instruct members in appropriate behaviors and character while encouraging fun.
- Facilitate programs in the following areas: Character & Leadership, Education & Career Development, Health & Life Skills, The Arts, and Sports, Fitness, & Recreation.
- Come with high energy to inspire and retain members during programs/activities.
- Empower members to be leaders through positive role modeling.
- Attend and participate in Staff Trainings, which is essential to professional development.
- Communicate effectively during staff meetings, Club events, trainings, and with members, parents, co-workers, Program Director, Site Supervisor and other Boys & Girls Club affiliates, in person and in written reports.
- Supervise members and manage/follow-up various scenarios including: injuries, sickness, and general unruliness with the appropriate documentation and attitude.
- MUST BE 18 YEARS OR OLDER WITH VALID IDENTIFICATION
- PREFER 3 YEARS WITH A BOYS & GIRLS CLUB OR OTHER YOUTH SERVING ORGANIZATION
- SOME COLLEGE COURSE WORK/DEGREE PREFFERED