Boys Town Employee Reviews

Rewarding Experience
PROGRAM DIRECTOR (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, NYSeptember 16, 2017
The job was challenging at time however what this job taught was that through hard work you can accomplish anything. I also felt that this job opportunity prepared my any a variety of other job opportunities in the future.
Great Mission
Foster Family Services Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 22, 2017
Excellent Company to work for. Most Managment was wonderful. Did not care for my direct supervisor's negativity and lack of accountability. Other than this Boys Town is great and is true to it's mission.
Pros
Did things to boost morale: e.g. employee workout room and free coffee
Cons
Difficult to do the job within the strict 40 hour work week
Putting children and families first
Senior Director of Program Operations (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, RIAugust 20, 2017
Good working environment where most people are there to help children and families be successful. Through behavior modification, it is exciting to see people go through changes that helps make them thrive
Entry level
Youth Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Oviedo, FLAugust 14, 2017
Overall it's a good place to get experience in the psychology/social work field. Program director can be petty and immature when it comes to scheduling. Depending on what kids are there, it can be stressful or not. Keep to yourself and don't expect much of a raise. The job provides excellent benefits, but no room for moving up in the company unless you're willing to relocate. This is a feedback driven environment with potentially a lot of paperwork. If you're one to coddle children, this isn't a job for you. It's beneficial if you're a stern and understanding personality.
Pros
If you want, you can work 4 days with 3 off or 5 days on and 2 off, benefits, will work with your school schedule
Cons
Stressful, low pay, kids can be violent, schedule typically comes out a day or two before the new week starts
A Typical Da7
Family Consultant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 2, 2017
A typical day at work would consist of driving to meet with clients, approximately 1-4 in a day. The grant consisted of working with the care givers of children who have been deemed abused or neglected. I would conduct a safety screen upon first meeting the families to ensure their safety. Services consisted of meeting once a week if not more for emergencies, which I was available 24/7. The visits included goals that the famlilies set to help reduce stressors in the home, as well as work on techniques with the care givers to reduce undesired behavior from the children in their home, Notes were taken to document the visits, as well as the progress for each family.
Great Mission, difficult work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 26, 2017
I am only part-time, but I love the BT mission! Helping children is a great way to feel like you make a difference. That said, the work is very emotionally draining and the human services field does not pay well in general.
Pros
Helping youth
Cons
low pay, hard work
Fun and easy going environment.
Nationally Licensed Common Sense Parenting® Coach (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 17, 2017
The particular department of Common Sense Parenting is ran by a group of professionals with genuine hearts who are transparent in regards to helping others.
Pros
Flexible work hours, great leadership, great product to work with, great people to meet within the larger community that are doing great things.
Youth Counselor
Youth Counselor (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CAJuly 12, 2017
Making an impact in young children's lives is stressful but when you have a hardworking team, it makes the job that much more fulfilling. Boys Town is one of the best Non-profits I've experienced.
Pros
working with individuals who genuinely care about the world and the culture of Boys Town.
Cons
Long hours, you don't really have a life.
Great and fulfilling experience just knowing that you are making a positive difference in a young persons life!
Youth Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Qeens, NYJuly 7, 2017
I believe in the mission which entails changing the way America cares for our children! great place to work is you are here for the youth. this place isn't for you if you do not genuinely care for the children.
Pros
fufilling experience.
Cons
Lack of support from staff
Bt
Family Consultant/ Case Worker (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 5, 2017
I do not wish to write a review at this time, thank you
The company is flexible with hours if you are a case worker. The work load is easy and the staff is supportive
I enjoyed coming in to work and making a difference with our youth and families
Assistant Family Teacher (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJuly 2, 2017
A typical day of work for me was putting kids first and helping them implement skills they will be using to contribute to society. Giving them a sense of family and love. Everyday at work was different but what never changed was the feeling that I made a difference in someone's life even if it was a small change.
Overall experience
In-Home Family Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 29, 2017
I enjoy working for the organization. I have learned a lot however; it is time for me to move on. I enjoy working with my co-workers. My supervisor(s) and director(s) have been a huge support to me and my other co-workers.
Great organization
In Home Family Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 6, 2017
Amazing organization to work for and very supportive. There is room for growth within the whole organization and different programs. There is also a master programs to continue your education within the organization.
An organization focused on a great cause.
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 8, 2017
The culture is very laid back and promotes an enjoyable environment. Lots of opportunity for growth within the organization, especially if you are willing to relocate.
Productive and fun work environment
In Home Family Consultant (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLFebruary 28, 2017
A typical day at work would start at my stationed school
I learned a lot about school based team meetings and IEP's.
Management was great and very supportive.
The workplace culture was very pleasant.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with children, teachers and their families.
Great place to work!
Sumer Youth Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 27, 2017
Working with at risk youth using the Boys Town teaching model as well as providing them with job skills. The hardest part of the job was having to say goodbye at the end of the summer.
Great support environment
In Home Family Consultant (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 24, 2017
I enjoy working for the company. The job can become very overwhelming at times, for there are many different parts that need to be addressed. Documentation is endless.
Pros
great team work
Cons
can become overwhelming with direct support and documentation
Good
Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 15, 2016
This place is wonderful so many opportunities! I met so many people and everyone was very welcoming and open to answering all my questions
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Company does great work for youth
Care Coordination Services Consultant (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 15, 2016
The youth and families served have great opportunities for advancement and betterment. This organization is a national organization that works with at risk youth and families
Great experience working with children
Foster Parent (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 31, 2016
Worked as a foster parent in a home owned by Boystown. Loved what i did but had a lot of children to care for. (6) was max. Plus mine. Love working with children but needed a break.
Pros
changing children's lives
Cons
no free time