Boys and Girls Club of America

Boys and Girls Club of America Employee Reviews

Boys and Girls Club of America
Receptionist (Former Employee), Wynne ArkansasJuly 9, 2015
Pros: Safe place for the kids
Cons: Under staffed
I feel that the BGC is a great place for kids. It allows parents to have a safe place for their kids to go. BGC provides activities and educational class for kids. This center is a big part of Cross County.
Productive and fun workplace with the kids
Department Staff (Former Employee), Murfreesboro, TNJune 30, 2015
I love working at the Boys and Girls Club. Coming to work knowing that the children looked forward to seeing me and I motivated them in many way was the best feeling.Management could have been better and more organized but for the most part I love it. The hardest part of my job is going home everyday.
Creating a safe atmosphere fot the kids to revel in
Counselor (Former Employee), St. Croix U.S.V.IJune 29, 2015
Pros: free lunch and beach days
Cons: sometiems the staff would not be able to get a break
Activity planning for ages 12-14, homework assistance, field trip supervision along with teaching home economics,
personal support and counseling
A great after school program
Social Work Intern (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAJune 22, 2015
Dedicated staff with a desire to help children and provide them with after school activities. A needed program in every city.
Great Place to work.
Teen Leader (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 17, 2015
Working Close with Teens.
Mentoring the teens.
How to work with a younger generation and how to manage a room with 25 teens on a daily basis.
Intern
Internship (Former Employee), Carrollton, GAJune 10, 2015
Worked directly with the site manager and got accustomed to the duties and responsibilities associated with the title. Observed how emoployees interacted with students and parents.
the most enjoyable part of the job
Internship (Former Employee), Sumter, SCJune 9, 2015
the most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the students. The students make your day seem better than what you expected. I enjoyed giving advice and life lessons to all the students who asked me .
Fun place to work
Volleyball Coach (Former Employee), Woodbridge, VAMay 17, 2015
Great place to work even though I only volunteered it was still a blast. I taught 9-12 year old girls how to play volleyball and it was such a wonderful time in my life. My co-workers were a blast. The hardest part of the job was that since I was a coach I was a leader so there was a lot of pressure on me. Any little mistake a parent or a girl would catch it so you had to make sure to not mess up. But I feel like because of that it has really shaped me now in striving for perfection. The best part of the job was when the girls or parents would come up to me and tell me how much a difference I made in their lives.
Fun Workplace
counselor (Former Employee), floridaMay 1, 2015
Pros: great staff
Cons: being outside in the heat often
I worked here in the summertime , it was great teaching the kids different things like arts and crafts , and watching them play. i learned leadership skills and how to better work together in teams.
Fun place to work with kids
Intern (Former Employee), Sequim, WAApril 29, 2015
Worked with children every day, learned a lot about conflict resolution. Hardest part was seeing kids that were sad or lonely, most enjoyable part was noticing that I was making a difference in those kids lives. Co-workers were fun and relaxed. The management was great they were always there to help us and the children.
super fun and engaging atmosphere
Program Staff (Current Employee), Bradenton, FLApril 20, 2015
Pros: Safe, fun place for the kids
Cons: At times an Overwhelming amount of kids
Working at the boys and girls club is an adventure everyday. You have so many fun interactions with so many children. It comes with its challenges but that is part of what makes it so special. You are impacting lives on a daily basis.
Boys and Girls club
Leader (Former Employee), Washington, NCApril 18, 2015
Pros: Working with great staff
Cons: Low pay
I loved working with the children!! Its very rewarding when you love what you do. And I had great work staff, they were all like family. Its a great place for a start.
Short summer of fun
Camp Counselor (Former Employee), Jacksonville Beach, FLApril 13, 2015
On a day to day routine I was with the campers. We usually play fun interactive games or do silent reading. I learned that kids come from different backgrounds and should not be all treated the same. My manager was really good. She worked with us in any situation that we encountered. My coworkers were amazing as well. We had fun collaborating different ideas and how to help the campers have a great summer. The hardest part about the job was getting used to working with different age ranges. the most enjoyable part was knowing the kids enjoyed themselves.
Awesome Place to Work
Intern (Former Employee), Auburn, MEApril 2, 2015
Pros: All good
Cons: No cons in my book
My typical day consisted of running the game room with other staff members and playing with the children. Management was great and were always on hand for anything. Everyone there was passionate about working with the children. The one hardest part for me is the noise when you have a lot of kids playing in a room having a good time. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting, playing and just talking to the children.
A wonderful Job for some one in school.
Youth Development Specialist (Former Employee), Wilmington, CAApril 2, 2015
Was a wonderful experience working with children. so many different personalities it was great. Coworkers were very kind and helpful. For my first job it was perfect.
Enjoyable workplace with children ages 4 - 11
Teachers Assistant (Former Employee), Waukegan, ILFebruary 24, 2015
I enjoyed working with children and encouraging other to work hard towards their goals. I learned important communication and team work skills.
Very Good Experience
Youth Mentor (Former Employee), Lakehurst, NJFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: great hours, and decent compensation, very emotionally beneficial
Cons: not able to stay with the program due to a grant issue
I loved learning new things from the program and helping children. This program is amazing and I greatly enjoyed my time with the BGCA. It was sad that the program was only issued for a few months.
Summer Vista
Summe Vista (Former Employee), Santa Monica, CAJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: free field trips
Cons: short breaks, low wages, not enough staff
The day consisted of a rotation of staff trying to mange the task of servicing and educating the children. It was a full work day supervising children and providing disguised learning. Things constantly changed and you had to adjust.
Exciting and productive.
Bookkeeper (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAJanuary 27, 2015
My experience with the Boys and Girls Club was one of which I will never forget. The environment here was laid-back, but everything happened by the book. There was never a dull moment, working with some of the most calm, kind, and compassionate people. It made being at work at lot more enjoyable.
Fun-Filled Educated Work Enviorment
Youth Development Specialist (Current Employee), Bronx, NYJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: make an impact on the youth everyday
Cons: short shifts
A typical day at work would involve facilitating programs with 10-20 children after school. I learned how to develop strong relationships, how to be a leader, and how to professionally communicate with others.

Management was extremely friendly and helpful . They would politely provide assistance and as well as tell you the things that you could do better and give you tips on how to improve that aspect – more... of your responsibilities. They recognized you when you did an outstanding job. Co-workers were great people, some of which I am still friends with up until today.

The hardest part of the job is trying to instill academic challenges on the students within the short period of time due to the work schedule. I set the academic bar high only because I wish to see all students over achieve academically.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to develop a relationship with the children. The kids look up to you and it is such an amazing feeling to know that you are truly impacting the lives of these children. Helping students prepare for brighter futures is an accomplishment and self-achievement I hold dearly to my heart. – less

1 2 3 4 5