Boys and Girls Harbor Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and an amazing place to learn about the kitchen.
Temporary Assistant Cook (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 1, 2013
Walking into the kitchen, every morning at 6:50 to start preparing for the day was the highlight of my time there. To begin, the menu was fairly easy to remember, it would repeat itself every three (3) weeks, sometimes there would be changes, but the changes were always beneficial to the students there. Everyone who works there, even on the same floor, were super nice, and genuine. My then co-workers were serious when needed, and would joke about many things, but what was always on their, and my mind, were the children, and how happy they were getting good quality food. The hardest part of the job, was my very first day there. It was overwhelming, and a wake-up call for me personally. Cooking for approximately 250 kids was something new to me, but I eventually got through it. It was the best time of my life, working there, even if it was temporary.
Student oriented organization
Conservatory Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 14, 2013
Excellent Administrative team, goal oriented Executive Director
Busy high school office in east harlem
Fiscal Clerk (Former Employee) –  newyork nyApril 16, 2013
not enough hours or pay. arranging and conducting parent teacher conferences for parents and students. making meetings for board of directors.
Pros
free classes
Cons
not enough pay.
Summer Youth
Clerical Aide (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 25, 2012
I had attended the afterschool and summer program here so it was easy to fit in and land the summer youth position. It was my preperation for the real world of working and I will always be appreciative of that.
Pros
very comfortable, fun, learning experience.
Cons
n/a

Want to know more about Boys and Girls Harbor?

Ask a question