Bozeman Deaconess Hospital Employee Reviews

Clinic
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  clinicMay 19, 2017
The worse place to work for, they are more concerned with turning the facility into a cooperation then patient care, f it were not for the medical need for the use of my benefits I would leave and gladly take a pay cut.
benefits
Cons
very cooperate oriented, does not consider their employees, you are just a body in a position
Upbeat and positive workplace
Unit Clerk/Certified Nurse's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MTFebruary 28, 2017
My manager was an exceptional leader and fully dedicated to the patients first and foremost. Also committed to making sure that all staff members had the proper training and supplies needed to perform their individual jobs to the best of their ability.
Pros
Discounts on meals & spa treatments
Cons
Twelve hour shifts and health insurance premiums
Worst place I have ever worked for
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MTSeptember 16, 2016
Bozeman Health, specifically the Environmental Services department was the worst job I have ever held. It is a toxic environment. The department head and shift managers are horrible, playing little office games.

When I worked there, I was under constant harassment from the department heads and the nurses. Others have corroborated this. You will be made to feel like you are worthless. Talk to almost any member of that department and they will clearly express how much they hate it.

The only upside was the benefits. Bozeman Health has the best benefits in town. But the benefits were no where near worth the experience.

Do not work for EVS. It is not worth it.
Pros
benefits.
Cons
bosses, harassment, sabotage, being threatened to work on your days off or lose your job.
A nice environment to work in, with great people willing to trail
SENIOR PAYROLL CLERK (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MTSeptember 12, 2016
A great environment to work in. Many folks had college degrees and were willing and able to pass along their learned information to others.
Great Place to work
Registered Adult & Pediatric Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Bozeman, MTJuly 21, 2016
Bozeman Health is a great organization to work for. We have an amazing team in our cardiology group. Working with Adult and Pediatric patients.
Small town hospital with friendly staff
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MTDecember 14, 2015
Wonderful place to start off in medicine. I was able to see the entire hospital and what each team member did, which helped steer my career in the right direction.
Ever-changing but fun workplace
Nutritionist Associate (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MTNovember 12, 2015
Good experience for students looking to get clinical experience in nutrition. It was very flexible with school schedule and had a lot of room for advancement within the department. Pay was great too for being a part time job. The team was very professional and each team member really helped you feel like you were part of a family.
Pros
Pay, free meals, great spa benefits, flexible schedule, professional work environment
Cons
Staff had a more difficult time with communication
Fast paced, but fun at the same time
NUTRITION SERVICES RETAIL WORKER (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MTJuly 9, 2015
It's very fast paced, and you learn most of the procedures for the job as you go along. The co-workers are knowledgeable, energetic, and willing to help. The hardest part of the job is all the down time between the rushes, but the most enjoyable part is getting to know people between the rushes.
providing customer service in healthcare
Clinic Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MTJanuary 19, 2015
Receptionist: Busy phones right at 8am up to 20 calls waiting for Dr apps, med refills, urgent healthcare questions, etc... Scheduling, taking messages for doctors, preparing appropriate forms for patients, data entry, fast paced office

Most rewarding: co-workers, free lunch up to 2 times a week

Hardest part: work one day a week late until 7pm-8pm and one Sat every month
Pros
free lunches up to twice a week
Cons
fast paced urgent high demands
Health Care
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MTMarch 31, 2014
Would come in everyday greet patients who had appointments would check them in take copays if needed. Answer phones, send messages to nurses through Nexgen. Schedule CT scans, MRIs, Biopsy's ect.. Send patients to other providers. work on Medication prior auths so the patient can get there medication.

Medical records for patients when requested or sending records to other providers apon requests.

My hardest part of the day was prior auths due to your on the phone with Insurance companies.

Easiest part of my day was the morning checking patients in for appointments.

What I enjoyed about my job was that most of us worked as a TEAM what I mean by that is we worked together not against each other.
Pros
Free lunch 2x week
Cons
Not long enough lunch break

Want to know more about Bozeman Deaconess Hospital?

Ask a question
Team Player
Staff MRI Technologist (Current Employee) –  Bozeman, MTSeptember 25, 2013
For the most part BDH is a TEAM player . Physicians and Staff recognize you as a person and profesional ! I have been very happy here and would recommend this institution to anyone looking for a career , and would not hesitate being admitted as a patient !
Pros
Employee Discounts generally good.
Cons
Lunch/breaks can be short.
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Bozeman, MTSeptember 19, 2013
It is one of the best hospitals in Montana And the work is Honest..
Pros
Steady Work
Cons
Low Wages
Excellent community environment
Phlebotomist, Registrar and Administrative Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MTSeptember 4, 2013
A wonderful place to work. There is a strong community within the offices of this hospital.
I enjoyed working here very much!
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MTAugust 3, 2013
While working at Bozeman Deaconess Hospital I was able to get great on the job training as well as take my certification test.
Overall very organized company
Baker/Cook (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MTMay 14, 2012
Very good company to work for as far as compensation is concerned. Some management issues that could have been better. Decent working environment. Organization takes image seriously and puts forth a positive image always.
Pros
good discounts for food, good benefits
Cons
micro management