Bozzuto Employee Reviews

Love Working at Bozzuto
Assistant Maintenance Manager (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAAugust 14, 2016
Everyday is different at Bozzuto but challenging and fun. There is tons of growth and awesome opportunities to move around. Never a dull moment and the pay and benefits are awesome!
Pros
everything, growth, raises and management
Cons
nothing really
great overall work place for advancement and growth
Concierge in a highrise apartment building (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMay 30, 2016
I like working for Bozzuto because as a team everyone strives for the best for the company. The Bozzuto team and management all look to help each other when it comes to learning and making the work place not only a home for the residents but a home for the employees as well.
Pros
great benefits, good pay
Cons
short breaks
Absolutely incredible work environment with wonderful people
office manager (Current Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDNovember 12, 2015
I didn't really understand the "Bozzuto Family" concept until I started working here for a few months. My coworker here at corporate are out of this world and I could not as for better ones. I have truly created my own Bozzuto Family here. I am an office manager for the corporate office and oversee the day-to-day office duties as well as contact our outside vendors. On occasion, I have been asked to provide support to the CEO and some executives with their day-to-day tasks as well. Very nice people and always willing to lend a hand or helpful advice where they see fit. The most difficult part of my job would be having the patience to deal with all 300 employees daily issues. Although, that is also the best part since it has taught me so much about being a team player.
Pros
constant food everywhere-- all the time, benefits, happy hours and other excuses to hang out with your coworkers
Cons
demanding employees
Micro Management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Newtown Square, PAJune 29, 2016
Best part of my job was by far the residents. The worst part was not having any help or support within my department. it was just me to handle all the service request for 250 apartments . Plus handle all unit turns. My service manager was a waste of space!!! Always yelling and cursing or just standing around the leasing office just Lazy,cocky,and down right obnoxious to be around. It's amazing that a well respected company like bozzuto would ever tolerate such an arrogant cocky and disrespect service manager with no management skills. I reported him a half dozen times. It fell on deaf ears. Left because i was told the property was sold. best decision I ever made!
Pros
Residents.
Cons
Incompetent Manager.
Great , family oriented workplace with a plethora of advancement opprotunities.
Sales and Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Landover, MDJuly 8, 2016
I love Bozzuto! I know this would be a great place for me to grow and advance my career. My superiors have already let me know they have plans for my advancement. However, I have to relocate to Los Angeles California to be closer to my family. As I have a relative that has become ill and my family needs me to be closer.
Pros
Amazing company!
Cons
The company is not located in California where I need to relocate.
Fun
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Cheshire, CTNovember 20, 2016
Working for Bozzuto was great, the managers are great and the company too,, it a busy company, every year they trying new thing or bringing new thing to making job easy and employees have PTO and sick time they can use,,they pay every week and you fee happy working there...
Pros
Free break
Cons
Obama Care
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDOctober 9, 2016
Superior real estate company. Great leaders, culture and opportunities. I started out of college as an entry level sales consultant and was promoted year after year with hard work.
Great place to work; rewarding environment
Assistant Maintenance Manager (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDSeptember 19, 2016
A typical work day requires completing scheduled PMs, providing corrective maintenance, and responding to customer requests for general maintenance.

The most enjoyable part of this job is the opportunity to serve the residents and guests in the community by providing outstanding customer service.
Ok company to be employed with.
Concierge/Doorman (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 5, 2016
Not the best experience I've had working with this company. Management was not consistent and I felt company policies and rules were never followed.
Terrible Work/Life Balance
SALES AND MARKETING ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Greenbelt, VAMay 12, 2014
As a Sales and Marketing Associate, they tell you that you will be working occasional weekends. However, you only get one weekend off a month. If you need to take an extra weekend off or vacation time, your managers are NOT happy about it.

I know some properties get lunch breaks, but we do not. In addition, you will be working well over 40 hours a week. You will also be expected to participate in "outreach" or resident events, where you will rarely receive overtime.

If you're looking for a life outside of work, you should look elsewhere. However, this is a company that allows for rapid advancement, if you are good at what you do. You can get great sales experience with Bozzuto, if that's what you're looking for.

Overall, I give the company three stars. My co-workers are fantastic (which is great, because they are the only people I have time to see).
Pros
Job Culture, Decent Benefits, Potential for Growth
Cons
No Lunch Break, Work/Life Balance, Inexperienced Management, Favoritism
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 11, 2016
Very stable company. Plenty of opportunities for growth. Staff and residents are welcoming. Busy during business hours.
Great management company and fun workplace
Sales & Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAAugust 23, 2012
In the office you are responsible for maintaining the office daily duties, answering the phone, taking tours around the property, and interacting with residents. The part time position was very demanding and the direct supervisor was difficult to work with. However, when meeting staff from other Bozzuto properties they were much more friendly and helpful.
Pros
great company events and networking
Cons
part time position required at least 30hrs and no benefits package
Great management company and fun workplace
Sales & Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAAugust 23, 2012
Pros
great company events and networking
Cons
part time position required at least 30hrs and no benefits package
good company
Hi-Low Driver (Former Employee) –  North Haven CTOctober 1, 2015
friendly people to work with there is plenty of room for growth
I learn so much about produce also management was very good at listening to workers and doing something about what ever we discussed, coworkers were great the time frame on how long you have to do your job is not long enough the most enjoyable part was the pay
Pros
friendly god place to work.
Cons
Good place but needs more staff
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Halstead New RochelleJuly 17, 2015
Staff is good.
Suggestions are heard but no action is taken.
Different responsibilities are constantly being added to you.
No Superintendent resides in this property.
You are pretty much handling everything that goes on within the building.
The people that live in the property are pampered not considering how much work you have.
The company core values should be applied to the employees too but they are instead applied to the tenants or future tenants. Dollar signs.
You don't get a lunch break to your self. You are asked to work while you eat. However the Leasing office, Maintenance employees and cleaners get a lunch break free of interupptions. The Concierge does not get that.
The staff is friendly.
The benefits are good.
The structure on how the property is runned can use improvement.
The Concierge is the only employee alone in charge of over 500 apartments. The company should hire another Concierge but they will not. I think ownership is cheap to do that.
The company before had two Concierges.
Anything to save money.

Concierge job description is the following
Knock on the door for noise complaints or if there is someone smoking pot which I find to be dangerous.
Tag cars in parking lots in illegal spaces.
Clean up after residents/pets.
Try to monitor every one that enters the building while logging in dry cleaning /laundry and over 40 to 70 packages.
Monitor deliveries, work orders, club room, pool, parking lot, mail room, move ins and move outs.

I do not recommend working at this location but I do recommend working at another one.

I read a lot
  more... of reviews.

Do not send me a reply of how you will listen to me to help improve the company. It's a song with no heart and soul behind the lyrics.
Pros
Good staff. The way the building is managed needs improvement.
Cons
You are doing more than what you are hired for. Suggestions to improve the building are not heard.
Horrible experience
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDApril 15, 2013
I was very excited when i was called and offered the position as payroll specialist in the corporate office. I resigned from my job and gladly exepted. During my first week the payroll manager quit which only left myself and one other payroll specialist who's only been with the company for 3-4 months and she messes up everyone's paycheck and she blames everything and everyone else. I had no one to train me and i was let go after a week for not knowing the system they use. I had three interviews, background check, reference check and resume verified and i made it very clear that i had no experience with their system. For such a well known company, i expected a lot more. They will make a lot of promisses but once you get in there, you are on your own....set for failure. Worst experience i've ever had with a company. STAY AWAY!!!
Pros
nice building
Cons
no training, poor management
excellent place to work
maintenance technician (Current Employee) –  Alexandria VirginiaMay 22, 2015
great place management and coworker are amazing best team I ever work with, have changes to growth in the company, or chances to be transferred to a different states, this company is growing on the business really quick
Pros
full time garanteed
Cons
not found
Bozzuto
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  70 capital yardsFebruary 1, 2015
-typical day consist of completing tickets, assisting contractors around the building and giving a helping hand to anyone in need from residents down to staff.

-I've learned a tremendous amount of social skills and networking skills. Also a vast amount of HVAC dealing with heat pumps, plumbing, noting information in logs and some grounded information about leasing.

Hardest part about the job is leaving people unsatisfied when we've done everything in our power and some things just are not able to work out;.
Pros
Luxury, well organized development, staff.
Cons
Not enough classes for new technicians
great experience
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 25, 2015
new to all outdoors polices working well with new people and having overall a great experience.
being able to use my experiences to do the job I was hired to do with no problems or set backs.
Pros
nice lunches
Cons
short breaks
Wonderful opportunity for growth and advancement
Resident Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDMay 9, 2012
Excellent and upbeat trainers, really helped you to capture the true essences of Bozzuto's core values.
Learned the in's and out property management and people at a fast pace.
Pros
free lunches, training, event planning, community building
Cons
lack of accoutablity, property management and upper management, needs to foster leadership training for p.m.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bozzuto. Our community is ready to answer.