BPL Plasma Employee Reviews

Stressful and lack of responsibilty
Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cave Creek & Bell RdFebruary 14, 2018
BPL Plasma is a really nice place to work at however, without the sufficient staff at work and the lack of discipline from management the work becomes stressful and unorganized. Certain employees get overworked and other employees do not get enough involvement and never get a chance to learn.
Pros
Fast-paced, Learn a lot
Cons
Unorganized, Stressful
Poor overall culture
Medical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMFebruary 12, 2018
Management needs a lot of work, constantly micro-managing the other employees. They have no respect for educated and licensed medical professionals, to include the center physician. The pay was ok, but not competitive with area hospitals. The corporate culture is all about profit, how much money can we squeeze out of these centers with as little actual effort as possible. The company is all about metrics, they don't care about their employees. Staff are just another disposable soft good. The culture and mindset are toxic. The work environment sucks. And heaven forbid you're good at your job, because then you get to do other people's jobs too. And the hours are unpredictable, you'll work 12 hours one day, then get put on a 2-3 hour lunch the next day to offset the extra hours. You get yelled at for not having a flexible schedule and they demand you remain available to cover call ins but then cut your hours of it's affecting profit margins. The only up side was I took care of employees that are so poorly paid, they couldn't afford to go to doctor. Also the work was really easy, takes almost no effort.
Pros
Easy job, had an office.
Cons
Everything else
Productive and fun atmosphere
Assistant Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 12, 2018
Great time, great advancements, great leadership and staff. A lot of one on one training if needed. Medical was a huge plus and so was the PTO time. Overall great place.
Benefits
Mét new people
Broker (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, ARFebruary 11, 2018
Didn't get trained well. Too much drama in work place. Not enough pay. Too many managers. Too small of buildings too many people waiting for a chair to donate hospitality was not good.
Great fun place to work.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJanuary 31, 2018
I loved my job and the people I worked with. I had fun with the majority of the donors. Made friends with them and several of my co-workers also. Hardest part of my job was not playing around to much with everyone there. Most enjoyable part of my job was that everyone could have fun and still be professional.
good job
Medical Receptionist/Donor Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJanuary 31, 2018
It was a decent place to work. Wasn't too fond of management at the time. The people for the most part were nice. Loved getting to know the donors. Would work there again.
very productive place to work
Senior Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJanuary 29, 2018
I loved working here knowing the fact that I was part of helping saving lives. I was very good at my job. Very fun employees to work with as well as the management team.
Pros
hour lunch breaks, employees donors
Cons
too long of hours on some days
The job itself isn't hard, But getting trained adequately is.
MEDICAL Receptionist/PHLEBOTOMIST (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 27, 2018
BPL started off on a good foot, but like most of these plasma centers theirs lack of workers, lack of communication between upper management and staff, ever changing center hours, salary could be higher for reception and lab workers. Security in the workplace created more chaos with donors and staff! Management never knew what was going on in the different areas. Management told workers personal business to other staff members. The list is endless! Worst center I've ever worked for.
Pros
Occasional free lunch
Cons
Short breaks, slow advancement, unprofessional staff conduct, health care benefits could be better
Great company
Senior Processing Technician/Designated Trainer (Current Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARJanuary 24, 2018
This company is full of hard working and dedicated people. I've greatly enjoyed my time here. I have worked nearly a year in this industry and it has been a constantly expanding field with a lot to learn.
good breakroom, great holiday get togethers.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJanuary 16, 2018
I think it was a great job. Employees and and Supervisors were helpful and I loved the people I work with and I learned a lot. It was somewhat enjoyable sometimes the long split shifts were really and extremely hard.
Cons
long shifts
not great
Medical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 5, 2018
This business needs to get organized and have a better business plan. Training was scattered, unorganized and not good. Management needs to stop hiring friends and hire capable adults.
Terrible Company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 29, 2017
This was by far the worst company I have ever worked for in my life. The job was basically very thankless; you work at-least 50 hours a week and no one appreciates it. The culture is horrible, the centers are understaffed and underpaid. Run very far from this place, from the outside looking in it seems like a dream job but there are alot of big issues within it. The electronic system that was used was not thoroughly tested before release causing big time shipping issues and ultimately more work for everyone.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
Productive, fun at times
Donor Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARDecember 29, 2017
Provide customer service, feel with donor complaints, as well as management . But saving lives is the best part and most important part of the job. Startimg pay not that great.
Pros
Overtime available sometimes
Cons
May not 40 hours during slow seasons
Great Staff and Management
Phlebotomy Technician (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 28, 2017
I loved working at the Austin location, the staff was great and management was always understanding. The benefits are great as well. The pay could be a raised a bit, but it is an entry level job.
Productive and fast paced work enviornment
Medical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 16, 2017
A typical day at work for BPL includes daily customer service interaction and maintenance of emergency equipment. Daily interactions with donors include donor suitability and physicals. Medical Supervisors also complete other center tasks as per management.
Pros
Free dinners during all staff meetings
Cons
lack of department structure
fast paced
Medical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCDecember 13, 2017
Management change wasn't for the better he is very short sited and takes donors word over any employees.I worked here and basically did my job well and got fired.
Pros
pay
Cons
management
Terrible work environment
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARDecember 11, 2017
This is the worst place you can work for. Everyone starts off getting paid the same amount. It does not matter how much experience you have in your position. I was desperate for a job, yet still did not want to work here.
Pros
Got hired on immediately
Cons
No structure
Awful
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 7, 2017
Terrible management, insufficient training, unprofessional team members, just an awful experience and an awful place to work . Wait times were ridiculous
my review
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXNovember 29, 2017
very stressful for low pay, lack of advancement, management was good but lacked in communication, the hardest part of the job was the consistency in hours, and lack of time management when it comes to producing weekly schedules (i.e. schedule would be produced only one day before the following day is about to begin)
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
Consistency in hours, and low pay for precise certified work
Overall, a good place to work
Lead Reception Technician and Trainer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 29, 2017
A typical day as a receptionist is to attend a brief huddle for any important info. Then, go to the reception area where a lead will instruct you on what to do. Usually, it was to get into a screening booth for the next available donor. It was a simple job. Definitely monotonous but it was enjoyable. You eventually find a rhythm. Donor interaction is critical to the job as well. A strong need for professionalism and customer service. Smiling faces at all times if possible. Management is good. Will work with you to a degree. Stay on time and on task and you will be treated fairly. It is a merit-based company, the better you perform, the more likely management is to notice you.
Pros
Pto after 1 year, medical dental and vision options after 30 days, competitive pay
Cons
tiresome tasks, gossipy coworkers, fast paced stress

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BPL Plasma. Our community is ready to answer.