BR Guest Hospitality Employee Reviews

Former Manager
Former Manager (Former Employee) –  Times Square, NYNovember 13, 2016
As a company it is great to work for, you can learn a lot and get great experience in a well known company. But after Starwood took it over it went all down hill. A lot of promises that were made but not kept and a lot of lying. specially from higher management. who they say can be trusted but in the end they stab you in the back..
Pros
Great experience
Cons
Untrustful people
Great organization to work for
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 3, 2016
Great company, great team. Very professional and fun work environment. Continously growing with many types of concepts and ideas.
Great Opportunites
Special Events Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 3, 2016
Working with BR Guest has brought on so many opportuninites. When you become an employee they definitely look into building you. Great staff to work with and a great culture to be a part of.
Pros
Great Opportunites
Super stressful place to work
Worker (Former Employee) –  PAJuly 13, 2016
The employees were unfriendly and expected you to know things even though their trainers didn't explain correctly. I left as soon as a could. Poorly run. The employees there were overworked and hated the management. However, if you can get over that you can make some decent money because the food is pretty expensive. Also, the clientele sucks and are extremely rude from what I experienced. Anxiety inducing place to work. I cried when I got home one day because I was so discouraged and uncomfortable lol.
Pros
Food is yummy
Cons
Everything pretty much
Fun place to work. Great experience and learning in finance
Finance (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 22, 2016
Great office job to learn and to be exposed to the business aspects of hospitality. Accounting, Payroll staff are overworked. Get in, learn and get out. No raises.
Pros
Free food, good experience, polite staff
Cons
Will be overworked with no raise
Growth & Advancement
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 3, 2016
good company to work for with growth & advancement options. Knowledge staff, managers become mentors. An environment where you can flourish.
BR Unfortunate Guest
Lead Host (Former Employee) –  Dos CaminosFebruary 1, 2016
Upon joining the team, I was working at a well established and managed restaurant. However, that restaurant shut down with no prior warning even though the company new well in advance... putting 80+ out of a job unexpectedly. I was then transferred to the newest location. The new location was completely mismanaged, poorly led and the expected work duties did not match the compensation. Although I am a fast learner, I excelled quickly in terms of rank and respect which still did not mean much to the company when it came down to disciplinary action. I never experienced a write-up or warning before I was terminated.
Pros
Food was good, had some seasoned managers that made working there bearable
Cons
inconsistent with everything except being paid
the environment is friendly
Barista (Current Employee) –  Times Square, NYJanuary 25, 2016
it's a wonderful place to work. Co-workers friendly and co operative environment. i learned how serve the guest. sometimes managers doing favoritism. I have to run guacamole downstairs to upstairs. i enjoying a lot when its busy time someone help me.
Pros
free lunch and flexible schedule.
Cons
some managers they are doing favourism and management is not good.
No loyalty to employees
Sous chrf (Former Employee) –  PittsburghAugust 24, 2015
I saw on more than 1 occasion management let people go before 90 days because the employee was still probationary. The care about the dollar and not employees
Cons
Paid for 40, work 70
Well organized corporate group
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  NY, NYApril 10, 2014
BR Guest is led by some very capable directors, many of which worked their way up through the company and have great knowledge of the market and the individual concepts. Enjoyable environment and excellent opportunity for movement and growth.
Great place to work if you're in operations
Manager, Nightlife Events & Promotions (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 28, 2013
Not the ideal job for someone interested in furthering their marketing skills and advancing their career
Intense work place great staff
Hostess (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 28, 2012
Get the job done and get it done fast. Great hostess and waiters.
Cons
short on staff and scheduling issue

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BR Guest Hospitality. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9