Bradford Regional Medical Center

Bradford Regional Medical Center Employer Reviews

Cardiac Rehab internship
Cardiac Rehab Intern (Former Employee), Bradford, PAJuly 23, 2014
Pros: great learning environment
Assisted Certified Clinical Exercise Physiologist in exercise testing procedures and protocol.
fast paced friendly environment
LPN Respiratory Care Technician (Former Employee), Bradford, PAJuly 21, 2014
the staff were friendly and professional. i enjoyed working there
Environment that is full of Learning Opprotunities
Emergency Room Technician (Current Employee), Bradford, PAJuly 18, 2014
Pros: wonderful staff, good teamwork, always a new opprotunity to learn something new
Cons: little to no breaks when it gets busy, having to transfer numerous patients out of the facility for continuance of care, lack of specialty care like trauma
A typical day at work consists of coming in and getting a quick report from the previous technician that was on. Generally, we discuss if dietary supplies have been ordered, special materials for the department have been ordered, and also discuss if there have been any transfers out of the hospital (which happens quite often in Bradford because we are – more... so small). We also like to discuss the day in general just to get a feel for how the rest of the day will go while I am there. Once they leave, I sit down at my desk, sign into our charting system and take a moment to observe the screen to get a feel for what type of patients are currently there. From that point on, I stand for the remaining time and am in an out of patient rooms helping out the nurses or getting materials stocked. It is generally pretty busy in our ER so the time goes by pretty fast.

I have learned so much from the staff in Bradford. I have been there for 5 years now. When I first started, I didn't know much about healthcare but knew that I really wanted to be a part of this field. What I love about the ER is that you never know what you are going to get, and each patient encounter is a learning experience. No two patients are the same. For example, one patient may come in with chest pain and after all of the testing, you find out they were having a panic attack vs a patient that comes in with a strange wrist pain and within 2 minutes you determine that they are having a STEMI. Even being a technician, I have picked up rapid assessment skills along with the need for early intervention. While in nursing school, I would learn something in class and be able to turn around and see it in action while I was working. I cannot even begin to mention all of the things that I have learned there because it is too much to put in here.

I have the most wonderful coworkers and managers. They are always willing to jump in and help clean beds and stock rooms with me or to pull me into a room with a more indepth case to make sure I get that experience. They answered all of my questions when I had them on a patient or even when I had a question on a care plan I was writing for class. They covered for me when I was running late from class or rotations, and they just treat me as one of their equals, which is a wonderful feeling. My managers were willing to work around my hectic schedule from school and still managed to give me some time off for a breather when I needed it.

The hardest part of the job is when tons of things are going on at once, and I am the only help for all of the nurses. It gets more difficult when patients need to be transferred out of the hospital (sometimes 3 at once) and the phones are ringing off the hook, and a patient needs to get up to go to the bathroom or needs their linens changed. Its just one of those times where you wish you had 8 arms and 8 legs to help out as much as you can. But we have a pretty cohesive team and they typically jump in to help when I cannot get away from the transfers.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working with my coworkers. Like I said, they are the most amazing group of people, and we act more like a family. When a code comes in or a STEMI needs to be sent to the cath lab immediately, we come together and work incredibly well as a team. When things end on a positive note, nothing beats the smiles and pure joy that comes from the families and patients themselves when you save their lives. That is a feeling that I cannot really describe, but it is what drives me to come to work each day and do what I do, even if I am a Registered Nurse working as an ER technician.

If anyone is interested in getting their feet wet and getting some experience in the healthcare field, I would recommend BRMC over and over again...it has been the most amazing experience and has helped turn me into the RN that I am today! – less
Very good place to work.
Laboratory Assistant/Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Bradford, PADecember 10, 2013
Good place to work. Had to move out of area or probably would still be employed there.
Horrible Place Of Employment
Former Employee (Former Employee), Bradford, paOctober 26, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
If you are not in with the favorites in the department you are doomed from the start. Management will cover up rule violations for their favorites and they think they did nothing wrong. They will do anything and everything to find a way to get rid of you, they dont care if you are a hard worker, all they care about is having favorites to do nothing – more... but get the hard workers in trouble. Save yourself the stress and stay away from the high school drama that being an employee of the hospital brings and find a more professional place of employment. – less
Excellent program.
Mental Health Therapist (Former Employee), Bradford, PAOctober 25, 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed working with the patients and most of the staff. The hardest part of the job was dealing with staff issues. I learned so much about the many psychological issues and treatments for the patients.
This is a friendly environment, staff excellence...
Registered Nurse - OR Surgical Services (Current Employee), Bradford, PAOctober 14, 2013
The staff is all very supportive. This hospital is a small community hospital with a big heart. The staff is very compassionate, friendly, and caring to their patients and each other.
A small area hospital with fairly good benefits
Staff Radiographer (Former Employee), Bradford, PAAugust 10, 2013
Pros: benefits and variable routine
Cons: call and no modality advancement
A typical day at work would usually start out wherever I was scheduled to work that week and then I would usually cover other areas as needed. After graduating from their xray program, I was quickly trained in special procedures and angiography. I had already been well-trained in mammography as a student. Being a school of radiography, I also taught – more... students both on the floor and in the classroom. The most enjoyable part of my job was working smoothly and fluently wherever I was scheduled. I really enjoyed the various responsibilities I had there. The most difficult part of my job was call and no opportunity for advancement in other modalities. – less
great place to work as long as you don't have any problems
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee), Bradford, PAMarch 20, 2013
Pros: may be a good place to work for certain people
Cons: discriminates against people with disabilities
I worked in oncology for 3 years thought it was a great job loved the people I worked with until all of a sudden things changed. Don't know how or why but all of a sudden it became a nightmare. Everyone turned into backstabbers. You couldn't trust anyone including management. I left BRMC knowing that other workers were happy but also knew everything – more... was smooth sailing for them and if anything came up they would be in the same shoes I was in and if they were on the wrong side they would be very unhappy too.

The nurses and management were the worst to work with....and the lying about people were one of the worst also discrimination to peopl with disabilities was a huge problem – less
A small town hospital with a big heart
Medical Technologist- Generalist (Former Employee), Bradford, PaNovember 5, 2012
Pros: a nice place to work
Cons: compensation is horrible.
This hospital was a great place. I worked as a generalist in the laboratory and worked all three shift at one time or another. The people are so easy to get along with and the atmosphere is so nice to work in. The only bad thing is small town hospital, small town wages.
It's like a family here!
Clerk (Current Employee), Bradford, PAOctober 25, 2012
Pros: friendly environment, community involvement
I've learned a lot about healthcare and health insurance in my job. This is the first time I've worked at a hospital and there's a lot that goes on behind the scenes! It's a great feeling to give back to your neighbors and help them get the medical care they need. I love working at BRMC, you walk through the halls and everyone says hi to you and smiles. – more... When you have a tough day, it's not unusual to get a hug! – less