Bradford School Employee Reviews

Many positives about Bradford
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 30, 2015
I generally teach 3 or 4 classes per semester, each semester lasting eight weeks. Sometimes I get fewer hours, and occasionally there are no classes for me to teach. I choose the class materials and run courses in Composition. Over 23 years of teaching I have learned more than would easily fit here in terms of classroom management, student relations, teaching styles and so on. The management at Bradford is highly professional. My co-workers are universally qualified and creative within their fields of expertise, and , in my experience, supportive of each other in terms of work. The hardest part of the job is the uncertainty of upcoming schedules from semester to semester, for those of us who work part-time. The most enjoyable part of the job is sensing student progress and achievement, and being told every now and then that I've made a positive difference for them.
Pros
We get some excellent free food from the Culinary School, though on an irregular basis. Small campus area makes walking easy to do between classes.
Cons
Sometimes long "break times" between classes, over an hour or two. No health care or other benefits for part-timers.
Nice start
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 13, 2015
Great place to start your career or find out if its a potential career option for you.

Lots of phone calls.

Great People. Great Boss.
Pros
schedule, location
Cons
short term
Rewarding
Speaker (Former Employee) –  PAJanuary 6, 2014
My position at Bradford School as a Speaker was to inform students in High School of the benefits of seeking a higher form of education. I found this job to be very rewarding.
Great atmosphere with great people
Evening Receptionist/Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 11, 2013
The people there are really nice, and it's a great atmosphere. Sometimes it was challenging working there with the phone calls that I would receive from customers.
This is a good place to work for supplemental income
Seminar Presenter (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 20, 2012
I enjoyed my work for the Bradfod School immensely. I'd travel to different high schools and present seminars to students about study skills in order to secure leads for follow-up to enroll students. The work was rewarding. The school's management was helpful and pleasant. However, it was essentially a part-time position. Though the compensation was good for the work conducted, there wasn't enough work to earn enough for a primary bread-winner. Perhaps that's why the majority of their presenters were housewives whose husbands were the primary bread-winners for the family.
Pros
enjoyable work
Cons
lack of potential for high earnings