Bradford School Employee Reviews

Please do your research/would not recommend
Former member (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 5, 2016
The money they initially offer doesn't pan out when the school year starts. There is no paid training (you do get paid to memorize all of the talks and they will reimburse you for parking all summer) so make sure you have enough gas money to last from June to September as they want you at the school twice a week. (If you memorize faster than others you can cut down your training time and trips to Pittsburgh.) The wardrobe requirements are so stringent you will find yourself spending money just to dress yourself for work.

There are no health benefits for a job that wears you down to the point of no return. The commute in the winter is not worth risking your life traveling to places that don't even clean their own roads.
Overall not a good job for any public speaker with real world experience.
You should always check out a job for yourself...But, to be frank, it's a waste of time and money.
You will receive more pay for gas mileage than the actual job.
Pros
Meeting New Faces
Cons
Although they do reimburse, too many expenses that you are responsible for paying up front.
Only do it if you need the money
admission representative (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 24, 2016
This job is temporary with a lot of phone calls. It's basically harassing people and begging them to come to the school. If you don't make enough phone calls or appointments management threatens your position. Coworkers are nice but the people downstairs treat you like you are beneath them. Management believes that you should not have a life other then this position. You can't take days off and if you do they make you stay extra hours to make phone calls. Horrible management very rude only thinks about themselves
Pros
Money
Cons
Short breaks, horrible management
Many positives about Bradford
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 30, 2015
I generally teach 3 or 4 classes per semester, each semester lasting eight weeks. Sometimes I get fewer hours, and occasionally there are no classes for me to teach. I choose the class materials and run courses in Composition. Over 23 years of teaching I have learned more than would easily fit here in terms of classroom management, student relations, teaching styles and so on. The management at Bradford is highly professional. My co-workers are universally qualified and creative within their fields of expertise, and , in my experience, supportive of each other in terms of work. The hardest part of the job is the uncertainty of upcoming schedules from semester to semester, for those of us who work part-time. The most enjoyable part of the job is sensing student progress and achievement, and being told every now and then that I've made a positive difference for them.
Pros
We get some excellent free food from the Culinary School, though on an irregular basis. Small campus area makes walking easy to do between classes.
Cons
Sometimes long "break times" between classes, over an hour or two. No health care or other benefits for part-timers.
Nice start
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 13, 2015
Great place to start your career or find out if its a potential career option for you.

Lots of phone calls.

Great People. Great Boss.
Pros
schedule, location
Cons
short term
Rewarding
Speaker (Former Employee) –  PAJanuary 6, 2014
My position at Bradford School as a Speaker was to inform students in High School of the benefits of seeking a higher form of education. I found this job to be very rewarding.
Great atmosphere with great people
Evening Receptionist/Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 11, 2013
The people there are really nice, and it's a great atmosphere. Sometimes it was challenging working there with the phone calls that I would receive from customers.
This is a good place to work for supplemental income
Seminar Presenter (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 20, 2012
I enjoyed my work for the Bradfod School immensely. I'd travel to different high schools and present seminars to students about study skills in order to secure leads for follow-up to enroll students. The work was rewarding. The school's management was helpful and pleasant. However, it was essentially a part-time position. Though the compensation was good for the work conducted, there wasn't enough work to earn enough for a primary bread-winner. Perhaps that's why the majority of their presenters were housewives whose husbands were the primary bread-winners for the family.
Pros
enjoyable work
Cons
lack of potential for high earnings

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bradford School. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5