Bradley Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Multiple workplaces (homes,schools,community). Comfortable, fun working/learning environment. Each diverse and unique.
Intensive Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  East Providence, RIMay 16, 2016
A typical day, I would arrive at my morning in-home session. From the minute I walk in, until I leave, Every and any situation would be a learning opportunity. Child and I would rotate 'work' with breaks using a token exchange system during the work period. Primary and secondary reinforcers were used to motivate and reinforce good behavior and prompt/correct responses. Work load and work content (drill work) depended on the child's level and his/her individual treatment plan. Being animated, energetic and having during the sessions was important and very motivating to child. 'Pulling in' family members during breaks allowed child to generalize skills across situations/people. Data collection was taken on each response during table work and I would compile a data summary for treatment team meetings (bi weekly). When my session was over, it was on the the next home.
I learned so much working in the IBT program at Bradley. I learned skills and techniques that made me into one of the most respected and seasoned therapist. A little bit of everything from ABA to PT (ex: deep pressure/ 'brushing' for de-escalating) to OT(ex: heavy work, gross/fine motor skills). The list in infinite.
I had close communications with supervisors (management) and they were always available for me when I had a therapy related concern or question. I got along very well with my co workers, but didn't interact with them daily as they had their own work schedules.
My job was very challenging, yet extremely rewarding. I enjoyed everything about my job. I am very confident in what I do and I
  more... especially adored each and every child I worked with. There was nothing about my role as therapist or my job expectations that I found to be hard. It seemed to come naturally.  less
Cadd
Milieu Therapist (Current Employee) –  East Providence, RIMay 9, 2016
Bradley is an excellent company to work for! My co-workers, supervisors and other unit employess are so helpful and friendly and very supportive. Most people here are truly committed to the children!
enjoyed working for myself
home based therapy (Former Employee) –  east providenceOctober 7, 2015
Good job. Kept saying they would give me a raise but never did. People are great to work with. Enjoyed coming in. After about a year they did away with the positions that I got hired for and said it was lack of monies.
Bradley Hospital is a good place to work
Registered nurse on the Children's Inpatient Unit (Current Employee) –  childrens inpatient unitAugust 29, 2015
Positive place to work with supportive management
Positive feedback from management
excellent group of doctors.
professional environment.
Caring atmosphere.
Pros
good benifits
Cons
During periods of high acuity it can be stressful
Fun job with the children
Residential Care Counselor (Current Employee) –  North Providence, RIAugust 2, 2015
Working with autistic and developmental disabled children can be hard, but once you get to know how they think it isn't too hard. This job is more of an intrinsic rewarding job,
Pros
making a difference in the lives of the children
Cons
coworker conflict
Bradley Hospital
Milieu Therapist- Per Diem (Current Employee) –  Riverside, RIMay 14, 2015
Bradley Hospital creates a friendly and open environment for patients and families to gain a better understanding into the struggles their children are facing, as well as a comprehensive variety of plans, activities, and treatments to help manage these struggles.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
no free lunch
fun
Dietary Aide, Stepping Up Internship (Former Employee) –  east provMay 1, 2015
good people,good managers and employees/staff. go in early leave afternoon. lots of hardwork and dedication. treating people with respect and nobleness. cleaniness and sanitizing.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Productive and caring environment, efficient and knowledgeable
Milieu Therapist (Former Employee) –  CADD, Riverside, RIFebruary 23, 2015
An excellent place to work. Team building and teamwork skills a must. A cohesive group of skilled individuals providing the best in healthcare.
challenging and rewarding
Registered Nurse-Per Diem (Current Employee) –  East Providence, RINovember 23, 2014
Hospital is a challenging and rewarding experience most days. Most staff members are committed to patient care and building team work that benefits patient and staff day to day
Pros
progressive psych care
Cons
lack off full admission dept
N/a
Supervisor of Training and Education (Former Employee) –  Riverside,Rhode IslandNovember 19, 2014
Good organization to work for. Opportunity to grow and work in other Hospitals
Cognitive Therapist
Cognitive Therapist (Former Employee) –  East Providence, RIJuly 23, 2014
Teacher for Small Group of Students
Class has a Behavior Therapist
Created, Modified, Executed Lessons for Students
Started a Boy Scout Troop in Class
Coordinated with various Therapists to provide appropriate educational environment
Pros
additional available services for students
My Learning Experience
Internship (Former Employee) –  East Providence, RIMarch 28, 2014
- Psychiatric hospital devoted exclusively to children and adolescents
- Observed range of services for psychological, developmental and behavioral conditions
- Shadowed Speech Language Pathologist
- Conducted Research/ Assessed Literature Reviews
- Responsible for developing visual supports and strategies to be used for patients
Excellent place to work for.
Mental Health Therapist (Former Employee) –  East Providence, RIAugust 13, 2013
Bradley Hospital was the 1st Psychiatric Hospital. They really do a great job in treatment helping children, adolescents, an their
families with Developmental Disabilities.
Pros
great staff, clinicans really care about the clients and their families, treatment is effective .
Cons
due to health care reform alot of very valuable people have been let go or took an ealy retirement.
Challenging work environment.
Residential Care Counselor (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIJuly 7, 2013
A typical day at work involves providing 1:1 care to children ages 16-21 with severe autism spectrum disorders. Responsible for the safety and providing individual therapies for each child. Learned patience and the importance of maintaining a neutral environment. Also learned the importance of working together with co-workers to pool resources. Hardest part of the job is remaining calm during high stress situations. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting the children out into the community and more involved.
Taking Care of the Bradley Boys
Residential Milieu Therapist (Current Employee) –  Exeter CADD ResidentialJanuary 9, 2013
Working at Bradley is great. We make a difference in the lives of kids and the families who cannot function without our cutting edge children's psychiatric hospital and it's residential program. I enjoy my co workers, we have developed an awesome team who works so well together. The most difficult part of working at Bradley is watching kids get sick and have to be hospitalized repeatedly. Mental health is a lifelong issue and must always be managed.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
crisis/stress
Nice Environment to work in
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  East Providence, RIOctober 2, 2012
People are great and very helpful. Hospital aims to create a positive enviroment for children with Psychological disorders.
Great co-workers!
Lead Milieu Therapist (Former Employee) –  East Providence, RISeptember 4, 2012
A typical day involves seeing anywhere from 2-4 children in their homes. I have put quite a few miles on my car. Sessions were often 2 hours with the management sitting in on sessions weekly. Management was great, co-workers were awesome. The most enjoyable part of the job was the success of the children. The job required flexibility, with the children and the families, as well as the daily schedule. The hardest part was when the programs came to an end. The programs run typically for 3 years, so you really get to know the child.
One of the first to develop a preschool program
Special Education Teacher- EC (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, RIMay 22, 2012
A program the supports the child and patents. Teachers and all support staff meet often to discuss progress and brainstorm developmental strategies. Very child oriented.
Pros
trainings
Cons
?

4.2