Bradley University

Bradley University United States Employee Reviews

Testing/design jigs and fixtures
Practicum (Current Employee), Mossville, ILApril 16, 2015
Pros: Great boss
Cons: None to speak of
Utilize ProE/Creo to develope jigs/fixtures for testing apparatus'. Generate basic dimensions and tollerances to send to manufacture, coordinate to ensure product will be to spec.

Some experiance running 4 point bend test to help characterize materials. Additional experiance running "Gleeble" test to establish thermal stresses of steels. Some experiance running "original" type tests.

Management has been fantastic so far.

Co-workers are all a great group, they are very dedicated to their positions which makes it very easy to work with them.

Coordinating with manufacture.

Running tests that aren't standard.
Excellent opportunities for students
Student Media Worker - Sports Info Dept. (Former Employee), Peoria, ILApril 9, 2015
In my four years at Bradley, the Sports Media program (alternately, the Bradley University Media Society) gave me an opportunity to practice classroom skills in a workplace environment. I received feedback from the administration, my fellow students and even the teams we covered! It was an excellent experience and I garnered further work from my time at Bradley. I recommend that any Bradley students take advantage of this program, especially if they're going into the Broadcast Communications field.
Great Student Job
Helpdesk Student Consultant (Current Employee), Peoria, ILMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Ability to complete homework.
Cons: Some bad apple student employees.
Fantastic career development and entry-level IT work or a great college job.

This is tier-3 support and while most of the work is related to calls from faculty/staff and students, there is potential to develop advanced repair skills if you prove your worth.
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Peorial,ILFebruary 25, 2015
Working on Web Apollo and Intermine open sources project which support geographically dispersed researchers, and allowing users to see annotation updates from collaborators in real-time during the editing process.
Developed ciliates.org which connects researchers to the ciliate genome databases and other websites produced at Bradley University.

Co-ordination and communication with client via e-mail, conference calls etc. to discuss the scope, queries, project status, schedule, priorities etc.
Developed and customized the records, pages, components, menus, People Code, Mainframe Schedules, COBOL, SQR reports and tuning as per the client functionality for NA Payroll module.
Developed and customized the Mainframe Schedules, created and update data forms and prose members.
Prepared technical specification documents design based on functional specification document.
Performed Unit Testing, System Integration Testing and User Acceptance Testing
Supported production critical issues & helped client to trouble shoot problems during Payroll run days.
Developed and customized the UNIX shell scripting and move to production
Assistant Coach
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Peoria, ILFebruary 9, 2015
Assistant coach. It was a volunteering job. I don't have any complaints about them. Small Athletic Deparment. Hopefully the basketball team improves.
Student researcher
Graduate Student Researcher (Current Employee), Peoria, IllinoisAugust 25, 2014
daily morning meeting with the supervisor and the research group about what was done on the previous day and what is need to be done today. submitting request for what need to be purchased in advance in order to avoid work delays. Weekly meetings in which one of the research group make a presentation of his work and discuss his results with the group. What I learned is how to present your results, technical writing principals, improved my prblem solving skills. The most enjoyable part of the research is the kowledge I gained by working in an interdisciplinary area and how the different areas of science are connected to each other.
Research and Experimental Development
Chemical Research and Experimental Development (Former Employee), Peoria, ILJuly 14, 2014
Pros: the amount of tools and knowledge obtained are endless
Cons: limited amount of reactants
The tools and knowledge that I took away from this experience not only enhanced my chemical understanding, but made me a better chemist all together. The doctor that I was working for showed me methods of analysis that I never knew existed. The man is an absolute genius. The things I learned from him are limitless and will forever continue to shape me into a more rounded chemist.

The hardest part of my job was designing and performing the most efficient purification method possible. Removal of any unwanted reactant and solvent required great patience and instrumental control. The most enjoyable part was everything. There was not one task or obstacle that I did not enjoy. Everything that I completed further enhanced my skills as a chemist.
fun job that teaches you skills
Resident Advisor (Current Employee), peoria illinoisMay 25, 2014
Pros: free room and board
Cons: takes up lots of time
It was a great working environment and it taught you many life long skills.
Great work Environment
Student Worker, Smith Career Center (Current Employee), Peoria, ILJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: works around school schedule
The office is usually peaceful and filled with great co-workers. I have learned to work well with people of all ethnicities and backgrounds. In addition to this, I have learned how to stay professional while still making the work place enjoyable. At the Smith Career Center, I am responsible for scheduling appointments for career advisors as well as taking inventory of the latest information guides, and answering phones.
Low pay, no benefits
Adjunct teaching position (Former Employee), Peoria, ILDecember 25, 2013
I love teaching but you can't live on the salaries. Universities won't hire you full-time because as they told me then they'd have to increase my salary and give me health insurance.
Esteemed University, great class offerings, and career sevices.
Student (Current Employee), Peoria, ILDecember 11, 2013
Pros: esteemed university
Cons: small school
Throughout my four years of college my experience was great. There are a variety of organizations to join, a few of which I joined. As a senior, career services and job placement are important. The Smith Career Center has a variety of job related services.
moving locations
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Peoria, ILNovember 14, 2013
It is service based company need to move to client location which varies in many ways like climate, food and time.
Great school. Decent workplace
Lab Technician (Former Employee), Peoria, ILSeptember 25, 2013
I was in charge of maintenance or lab equipment and cleaning of the labs over the summer in order to get them ready for the next year. I also built new micro controller boards and cabling
Productive and Hard Working
Project Member (Former Employee), Peoria, ILJuly 2, 2013
Pros: got experience, learned how to troubleshoot, and how to work with a group
Cons: communication was poor at times, project kept getting restructured, and equipment was not readily available
This was a senior project for our program of study. In a typical week we would work on the project for about 2 or 3 days. There was just two of us working on the project. Communication was a problem. Sometimes information was not properly conveyed so parts of the project got delayed.
Productive and fun environment!
Baking and Catering Intern (Former Employee), Peoria, ILMay 31, 2013
Daily, I was in charge of creating baked goods for dormitory menus and catered events. I learned more about multitasking and food presentation. I had good relationships with members of management and my superiors. My co-workers and I had an excellent and friendly relationship. This relationship allowed for us to be quite productive while always enjoying ourselves at work. The hardest part of the job was managing waking up so early in the morning while still playing college softball and managing school work. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to get kitchen experience with people I enjoyed getting to know.
Fun School
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Peoria, ILApril 7, 2013
Bradley is like family-oriented. I was only part time but it felt like I ran the place when I got to work as they wanted me to do so much..I had not problem stepping up.
Very Bad environment
Professor (Former Employee), PeoriaJanuary 12, 2013
The Civil Engineering department has a very very bad environment. The chair is always pushing faculty to fail and leave. More than 30 faculty joined the Civil Engineering department and left within almost one year and half.
Do not join or even apply to this position
Do Not work for the civil engineering department
Professor (Current Employee), PeoriaNovember 26, 2012
The department chair is crazy control freak, and the administration just keep letting him do whatever he please
great experance
Executive Chef (Former Employee), Peoria, ILOctober 2, 2012
Pros: work when students are there.
Cons: very slow summers
Many great areas to explore. Fine dinning, student trends, Good quick options, great support from around the area with special functions.
good place
Principle Lecturer for Astronomy (Current Employee), Peoria, ILAugust 6, 2012
Pros: small univeristy, so easy for management
Cons: not a abet school
its a good place to work at for beginners. I would rate it 5/5 . the lecturers are very friendly, the students are very enthusiastic.