Bradley University Employee Reviews in United States

No day is the same
Engineering Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJune 7, 2016
Being a lab assistant, there were always different activities going on each day and therefore, the students were always using different tools and equipment. I definitely learned patience, and even learned how to use machines along with the students. Being able to interact with the student was the best part of the job because they are in a position that I had previously been in, so it's cool to be able to help them through it the way I had people helping me. I got to meet a lot of cool kids. I love the teacher that I work for because she and I are very close and my co-workers have really fun personalities.
Pros
Flexible hours
Good School
Residential Advisor (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJune 6, 2016
Fun, and close to home. Happy I went to a small school.
I wish there was more to do in the surrounding community, but Bradley was overall a great environment and a great place to go to school- I loved working as an RA and giving back to people in need.
Good Experience
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILMay 24, 2016
Learned how to balance work though working 10 hrs a day continuously and art of teaching. Interaction with different students and handling them gives real time experience.
Great Experience
Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILMay 2, 2016
Great job for anyone looking to work on campus and it is related to their major. Working with other students your age and as well as your professor(s) is great.
Friendly atmosphere with good direction
Helpdesk Consultant (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILMay 2, 2016
I learned about how to troubleshoot and fix multiple issues, my management was strict but my direct supervisor was very supportive, my co-workers could be difficult at times but was always willing to assist.
Project Engineer
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bradley, ILApril 11, 2016
I learned a lot while working as cad engineer, because it is my first project and initially they trained me a lot and give a good support to learn.
Great Experience
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJanuary 27, 2016
It was great being associated with Bradley University. I was funded with several benefits as a Student. Spent several good times in this encouraging environment.
Pros
great environment, inspirational
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILDecember 23, 2015
Did the graduate research assistant.we can learn the Us work culture and the hardest part is documentation.typical day at work is using the cnc machine.
Collaborative and Fun work environment
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILOctober 15, 2015
Typical day was developing course material, interacting with peers and students.

The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the students and watching them grow while learning from their experiences.
Fun, engaging job
Student Writer (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILSeptember 29, 2015
Fun job, only take a few hours out of my week and I get to interview some really great students, faculty and alumni that are doing big things
Great place to work for students
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILSeptember 26, 2015
This is a fun atmosphere and they give you lots of options to do there. They are willing to work around your class schedule. They will help you for anything you have a question about.
good place to work
custodian (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILSeptember 9, 2015
work day is always great.I learn more on chemical uses.90 day probation is hard.Management is okay.co -workers are co-workers they just complaint.Hard part of the job,there is not hard part.Just going to work and doing a great job.
Pros
classes
Cons
no cons
Tutor (Former Employee) –  BradleyAugust 18, 2015
no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no nno this is twenty words minimum but whatever, it was a job where I made my own hours and eventually stopped doing stuff.
Team Collaboration was good
Director of Development (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILAugust 11, 2015
-Traveling/meetings/identifying key prospects/calling on donors
-manage obstacles and problem solving techniques
-management did an excellent job of challenging our team
-the hardest part was wanting to be involved in more projects than time allowed.
-the most enjoyable part was making the ask and receiving a generous gift. Great satisfaction knowing the positive impact it had on the University.
Pros
Great working enviroment
Cons
Small structure being a private institution with little room for personal growth
Nice place to work
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILJuly 4, 2015
Professors are very approachable and willing to offer assistance. The system has its short falls but overall the environment is an enabling one. Solid Management, friendly co-workers and calm environment.
Comfortable, Engaging
Grader (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILMay 13, 2015
I only worked as a grader for one semester and the work only took 2 hrs a day tops. Because it was only a temporary position involving simple work, their really is not much to comment on. I did enjoy the work and had no issues of any kind while I had the job.
Turting
Tutor (Former Employee) –  LibraryApril 22, 2015
Tutoring students, reinforcing material, helping people pass exams. No coworkers, helping students felt good. No supervision. Overall an enjoyable but time consuming position.
Testing/design jigs and fixtures
Practicum (Current Employee) –  Mossville, ILApril 16, 2015
Utilize ProE/Creo to develope jigs/fixtures for testing apparatus'. Generate basic dimensions and tollerances to send to manufacture, coordinate to ensure product will be to spec.

Some experiance running 4 point bend test to help characterize materials. Additional experiance running "Gleeble" test to establish thermal stresses of steels. Some experiance running "original" type tests.

Management has been fantastic so far.

Co-workers are all a great group, they are very dedicated to their positions which makes it very easy to work with them.

Coordinating with manufacture.

Running tests that aren't standard.
Pros
Great boss
Cons
None to speak of
Excellent opportunities for students
Student Media Worker - Sports Info Dept. (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILApril 9, 2015
In my four years at Bradley, the Sports Media program (alternately, the Bradley University Media Society) gave me an opportunity to practice classroom skills in a workplace environment. I received feedback from the administration, my fellow students and even the teams we covered! It was an excellent experience and I garnered further work from my time at Bradley. I recommend that any Bradley students take advantage of this program, especially if they're going into the Broadcast Communications field.
Great Student Job
Helpdesk Student Consultant (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILMarch 29, 2015
Fantastic career development and entry-level IT work or a great college job.

This is tier-3 support and while most of the work is related to calls from faculty/staff and students, there is potential to develop advanced repair skills if you prove your worth.
Pros
Ability to complete homework.
Cons
Some bad apple student employees.

4.2