Bradley University Employee Reviews

Learnt a lot of new things
RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILMarch 31, 2017
Professors are helpful. Great Campus life with fun and engaging events. People are friendly. Had learnt a lot of new things during my stay at the university.
Fun place to learn
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILMarch 12, 2017
I was graduate assistant here. I started working with my professor on his research. Here is where i got exposure real world and got to know lot many interesting things. It was fun and interesting working here.
Friendly environment with all the facilities like recreational centre, library etc.
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILMarch 6, 2017
A good University which has given me a opportunity to prove my skills and got paid decently for the work I did.

The most enjoyable part of my job is I love doing research of any kind of work that i given to me and that would be the hardest part for sometimes.
It was awesome
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILMarch 5, 2017
I have learned a lot of new things, Programming with R, Leadership skills, Team build up, Strategy. While at Bradley i have learned a lot of new technologies like hadoop,flume for quite a few tasks
Fun to read at.
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILFebruary 8, 2017
I graduated my masters from bradley in year 2009 and it was good time spent at this university. Was in the MSME class. We used to have alot of assignments and graduate work with field assessments.
Fun workplace
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILFebruary 8, 2017
Compensation is tight in a majority of higher education. Bradley, however, makes up for this lack of monetary compensation through good people and a good work environment. It is a growing campus with the willingness from students and faculty to produce a very engaged and exciting life for all.
Work life balance with intellectual satisfaction
Faculty Instructor (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILDecember 13, 2016
A Typical day would include Power Point presentations as well as discussions in a class format.

Public speaking has developed a lot during my work at Bradley

I usually have to deal with my students, I love interacting with them.

The most enjoyable and satisfactory part of my job is when students and I have a successful discussion on a given topic and they are the one who speaks the most.
Pros
Get to go on field trips and learn about local businesses.
Cons
Short term contracts.
Good
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILNovember 8, 2016
Very understanding faculty and the proper guidance provided to the students through various means. i enjoyed working at Bradley.
Pros
Cons
nothing
Great for undergrad
Undergraduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJuly 28, 2016
Chemistry department at this school is insanely good. Overall extremely fun faculty that really enjoys teaching. Organic/physical faculty are amazing.
Fun, challenging, rewarding
Food Manager (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJuly 20, 2016
Maintaining pantry stock every week and buying new food on a limited budget.

Planning new creative and delicious dinners every Friday for 20+ people

Working with and leading the cooking team.

Cleanup

Planning and creating Sunday brunches for sometimes 80+ people
stimulating environment
Adjunct Instructor, Psychology (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJuly 5, 2016
Teaching students - some are Psychology majors, others are not. Test Development and course preparation. It is very stimulating to teach young people, especially in this field as new information is continually coming forth. Most difficult part of the job is helping someone who is struggling to understand a concept. The most enjoyable part has to be when a student shows enthusiasm and enjoys the topic.
Pros
Keeping up on current topics and research.
Cons
Having to grade students who are not doing well.
The student jobs at the University tend to work around your school schedule.
Student Worker, Continuing Education (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJune 21, 2016
I had a great time working at continuing education. The staff are all wonderful and will work with you to give you flexible hours. I typically worked with microsoft office and data entry. The hardest part about the job was working around your class schedule depending on the number of student workers that were hired.
No day is the same
Engineering Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJune 7, 2016
Being a lab assistant, there were always different activities going on each day and therefore, the students were always using different tools and equipment. I definitely learned patience, and even learned how to use machines along with the students. Being able to interact with the student was the best part of the job because they are in a position that I had previously been in, so it's cool to be able to help them through it the way I had people helping me. I got to meet a lot of cool kids. I love the teacher that I work for because she and I are very close and my co-workers have really fun personalities.
Pros
Flexible hours
Good School
Residential Advisor (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJune 6, 2016
Fun, and close to home. Happy I went to a small school.
I wish there was more to do in the surrounding community, but Bradley was overall a great environment and a great place to go to school- I loved working as an RA and giving back to people in need.
Good Experience
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILMay 24, 2016
Learned how to balance work though working 10 hrs a day continuously and art of teaching. Interaction with different students and handling them gives real time experience.
Great Experience
Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILMay 2, 2016
Great job for anyone looking to work on campus and it is related to their major. Working with other students your age and as well as your professor(s) is great.
Friendly atmosphere with good direction
Helpdesk Consultant (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILMay 2, 2016
I learned about how to troubleshoot and fix multiple issues, my management was strict but my direct supervisor was very supportive, my co-workers could be difficult at times but was always willing to assist.
Project Engineer
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bradley, ILApril 11, 2016
I learned a lot while working as cad engineer, because it is my first project and initially they trained me a lot and give a good support to learn.
Great Experience
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJanuary 27, 2016
It was great being associated with Bradley University. I was funded with several benefits as a Student. Spent several good times in this encouraging environment.
Pros
great environment, inspirational
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILDecember 23, 2015
Did the graduate research assistant.we can learn the Us work culture and the hardest part is documentation.typical day at work is using the cnc machine.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bradley University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3