Bradley University

Bradley University Employer Reviews

Research and Experimental Development
Chemical Research and Experimental Development (Former Employee), Peoria, ILJuly 14, 2014
Pros: the amount of tools and knowledge obtained are endless
Cons: limited amount of reactants
The tools and knowledge that I took away from this experience not only enhanced my chemical understanding, but made me a better chemist all together. The doctor that I was working for showed me methods of analysis that I never knew existed. The man is an absolute genius. The things I learned from him are limitless and will forever continue to shape – more... me into a more rounded chemist.

The hardest part of my job was designing and performing the most efficient purification method possible. Removal of any unwanted reactant and solvent required great patience and instrumental control. The most enjoyable part was everything. There was not one task or obstacle that I did not enjoy. Everything that I completed further enhanced my skills as a chemist. – less
fun job that teaches you skills
Resident Advisor (Current Employee), peoria illinoisMay 25, 2014
Pros: free room and board
Cons: takes up lots of time
It was a great working environment and it taught you many life long skills.
Great work Environment
Student Worker, Smith Career Center (Current Employee), Peoria, ILJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: works around school schedule
The office is usually peaceful and filled with great co-workers. I have learned to work well with people of all ethnicities and backgrounds. In addition to this, I have learned how to stay professional while still making the work place enjoyable. At the Smith Career Center, I am responsible for scheduling appointments for career advisors as well as – more... taking inventory of the latest information guides, and answering phones. – less
Low pay, no benefits
Adjunct teaching position (Former Employee), Peoria, ILDecember 25, 2013
I love teaching but you can't live on the salaries. Universities won't hire you full-time because as they told me then they'd have to increase my salary and give me health insurance.
Esteemed University, great class offerings, and career sevices.
Student (Current Employee), Peoria, ILDecember 11, 2013
Pros: esteemed university
Cons: small school
Throughout my four years of college my experience was great. There are a variety of organizations to join, a few of which I joined. As a senior, career services and job placement are important. The Smith Career Center has a variety of job related services.
moving locations
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Peoria, ILNovember 14, 2013
It is service based company need to move to client location which varies in many ways like climate, food and time.
Great school. Decent workplace
Lab Technician (Former Employee), Peoria, ILSeptember 25, 2013
I was in charge of maintenance or lab equipment and cleaning of the labs over the summer in order to get them ready for the next year. I also built new micro controller boards and cabling
Productive and Hard Working
Project Member (Former Employee), Peoria, ILJuly 2, 2013
Pros: got experience, learned how to troubleshoot, and how to work with a group
Cons: communication was poor at times, project kept getting restructured, and equipment was not readily available
This was a senior project for our program of study. In a typical week we would work on the project for about 2 or 3 days. There was just two of us working on the project. Communication was a problem. Sometimes information was not properly conveyed so parts of the project got delayed.
Productive and fun environment!
Baking and Catering Intern (Former Employee), Peoria, ILMay 31, 2013
Daily, I was in charge of creating baked goods for dormitory menus and catered events. I learned more about multitasking and food presentation. I had good relationships with members of management and my superiors. My co-workers and I had an excellent and friendly relationship. This relationship allowed for us to be quite productive while always enjoying – more... ourselves at work. The hardest part of the job was managing waking up so early in the morning while still playing college softball and managing school work. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to get kitchen experience with people I enjoyed getting to know. – less
Fun School
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Peoria, ILApril 7, 2013
Bradley is like family-oriented. I was only part time but it felt like I ran the place when I got to work as they wanted me to do so much..I had not problem stepping up.
Very Bad environment
Professor (Former Employee), PeoriaJanuary 12, 2013
The Civil Engineering department has a very very bad environment. The chair is always pushing faculty to fail and leave. More than 30 faculty joined the Civil Engineering department and left within almost one year and half.
Do not join or even apply to this position
Do Not work for the civil engineering department
Professor (Current Employee), PeoriaNovember 26, 2012
The department chair is crazy control freak, and the administration just keep letting him do whatever he please
great experance
Executive Chef (Former Employee), Peoria, ILOctober 2, 2012
Pros: work when students are there.
Cons: very slow summers
Many great areas to explore. Fine dinning, student trends, Good quick options, great support from around the area with special functions.
good place
Principle Lecturer for Astronomy (Current Employee), Peoria, ILAugust 6, 2012
Pros: small univeristy, so easy for management
Cons: not a abet school
its a good place to work at for beginners. I would rate it 5/5 . the lecturers are very friendly, the students are very enthusiastic.
The Art Department is very laxed. A good thing!
Adjunct Faculty (currently) (Current Employee), Peoria, ILJuly 27, 2012
I can only speak for the Art Department, but there is no stress! Plus, the adjuncts just got raises!
Tuition assistance for family members is great perk!
Cashier/Receptionist/Treasury Accounts Coordinator (Former Employee), Peoria, ILJuly 17, 2012
Pros: not for profit institution. therefore, more accent on customer service, less pressure to "sell".
Cons: pay was a little lower than similar positions elsewhere.
Good place to work in general. I only left because I no longer wanted to work full time.