Brafton Employee Reviews in United States

Right Idea - Needs fine-tuning
- (Current Employee) –  ChicagoOctober 16, 2015
Brafton is a great place to work because you'll love the people you work with and you'll get loads of opportunities to exhibit leadership and innovation.

Middle management is stretched thin and under-prepared. If you're looking for a place to punch in and punch out, this may be a place for you. If you're looking for a place to climb the ladder and show how awesome you are, this may be the place for you. If you're looking for someone to teach you to lead and train you through each advancement you make, Brafton is probably not a good fit.

The execs are great and are doing the best they can. A lot of change is under way, but it is all going fairly slowly and the results aren't visible across the board.
Pros
Great peers, culture, growing market & innovations.
Cons
Growing pains as company expands, not a lot of great middle management.
Creative and fun culture
Client Support (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 28, 2016
I have been at Brafton for about 9 months. It is a very fast-paced environment with a lot of internal opportunity. I learned more here in 3 months than I did in the last 6 years at my last employer. Very entrepreneurial.
Pros
Work/life balances
Cons
Communications and operations not always clear but it's improving.
Very positive experience
Associate Lead Generation Executive (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 3, 2016
I reflect on my time at Brafton in an incredibly positive light because of the wealth of knowledge I gained about (digital) marketing processes, marketing content, and LG/Sales/Marketing practices for a company of Brafton's style (mindful of the accounts they target).
I can't recommend working for Brafton
Senior Content Marketing Strategist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 30, 2014
Brafton is a quickly growing, young company in a fast-paced industry. Keeping up with what clients want is a challenge that Brafton management seems to have trouble with.

The volume of work each individual (whether production or account management) is expected to complete is unreasonable. Most roles are defined such that any intelligent, capable person is being set up for failure. Only those willing to work very long hours are able to tread water.

Management doesn't seem to truly value employees - they view their product and service as if they're managing a manufacturing plan instead of a complex service delivery model where people are the main asset.

That said, this might be a good place to get a start in the agency world, or in professional writing. It's an excellent resume builder.
Pros
air hockey, wii
Cons
no matched 401k, lower salaries than competitors, long hours, lots of pressure, not much support
Great team environment!
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 19, 2015
Brafton is my first job out of college and they have really taught me a lot about the work world and graphic design. I have learned how to work with tight deadlines, respond to clients, create a wide array of styles and match branding. My coworkers are very supportive and it really has a team feel behind it. I know I can reach out to anyone if I need help or advice. They really do a great job at making me feel like a great designer.
Pros
We can work one day from home a week
Cons
We do not get Adobe suite from home use
Difficult job but a great place to learn
Video Blog Producer/Writer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 1, 2015
Brafton requires a lot from their employees, particularly the writers. The daily writing allocation is high, but if you can manage it it's a great place for a person to strengthen their writing skills and get a lot of experience in writing for a variety of fields.
Bad place for writers
Writer (Former Employee) –  BostonDecember 27, 2013
Brafton exploits young writers and pays them very little to start. You are forced to write 20 articles a day for different clients without any exceptions. The management does not care about the concerns of writers and if you complain or are unable to do all the work you will be replaced by the next batch of young writers. It's a miserable environment.
Pros
other writers
Cons
pay, workload, management, work/life balance
Fast-growing company with serious management issues
Editorial (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 11, 2013
Working at Brafton is a high-stress, low-reward experience. The company is a content marketing firm, meaning it produces custom content for various companies' websites to boost their positioning on Google, Bing, etc. Without a doubt, it is one of the leading companies within its field, but the inner workings and culture of the company are seriously flawed.

Management seems to be incapable of handling the rapid growth of the company, and it is clear from the onset that the clients are valued much more highly than the workforce. As an employee, never expect to have the company on your side. In most cases, what the client says goes, no matter how unrealistic the request.

The work environment itself has its pros and cons. On the plus side, there is great camaraderie among employees and the opportunity for advancement is high if you're competent at your job. However, the day-to-day experience makes this difficult to enjoy. Don't expect to come in in the morning and be finished in eight hours. The workload typically demands putting in extra hours and often requires you to work some nights and weekends. There is no break room, so prepare to eat lunch at your desk most days. Most of all, don't expect to be proud of any work you produce. Quantity, not quality, is the name of the game at Brafton.

There are pluses to working at Brafton. The option to work from home almost any day of the week is nice. And the company does pay a liveable salary -- though it is by no means high, especially for those just coming on board. The cons generally outweigh the pros, however, and almost immediately
  more... it's easy to see why the company has such a high turnover.  less
Pros
camaraderie, work from home options, job security
Cons
high workload, disinterested management, high stress
Great place to start
Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 21, 2014
Brafton is a great place to gain experience. It is a content marketing firm.
Nice workplace.
Lead Content Writer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 5, 2012
Brafton is a great place to work for a recent graduate or for those trying to gain their footing in the working world.

Want to know more about Brafton?

Ask a question