Braintree Rehabilitation Hospital Employee Reviews

Good people, not enough of them
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Braintree, MAMarch 14, 2017
Braintree Rehabilitation Hospital has a dedicated and talented workforce of therapists, nurses and physicians. Multiple ownership changes resulted in difficult patient ratios and challenging transitions however under the current ownership things are getting back on the right track.
Horrible
Former (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COJune 15, 2016
This is HealthSouth. They are horrible and only care about $$. Not the safety or wellbeing of their patients. Don't let a name change fool you. This place is a death sentence.
productive workplace
Rehab Nursing Tech (Former Employee) –  Braintree, MAJanuary 27, 2016
learned a lot as a Rehab Nursing Tech - got a lot of experience dealing with various clients

nice place to work with very nice people
Fun place to work with staff that are welcoming
Rehabilitation Technician (Former Employee) –  Braintree, MAAugust 22, 2015
I learned a lot at Braintree Rehab. I loved going to work every day and getting to see the nurses as well as seeing my patients progress and get better. The hardest part of the job was when the a new company took over in 2014 and no longer accepted the student position I was originally hired under and I would have to work four shifts a month to stay on payroll or be laid off. Unfortunately I was living in college and could not make the four shift quota therefore I was laid off. The most enjoyable part of my job was watching patients come in and not be able to walk and then watch them walk out the door on the day of their discharge.
Pros
Staff are welcoming
Cons
The new company that no longer accepted my student status
Stressful place to work!
Hospital (Current Employee) –  HospitalMarch 24, 2015
Used to be a wonderful place to work, but since new owners purchased last year, it's a totally different place to work. The people in charge are just concerned with making money and how they can use you to get that objective done. Very volatile job since they are still laying people off. Find another employer.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list....
terrible place to work
referral/admissions coordinator (Former Employee) –  Braintree, MAFebruary 4, 2015
Braintree hospital was taken over a year ago by a texas based company, There were initialy over 100 layoffs and layoffs are still happening weekly. Patient care has suffered greatly, offices are understaffed and employee morale is at an all time low. Working there has been incredibly difficult and there is constant added pressure and workloads. Nurses are leaving weekly and the hospital is currently staffed with new and inexperienced help. Everyone working there is miserable and is just waiting to be let go.
Pros
terrible benefits
Cons
unablke to take breaks because work is so demanding
Very progressive rehab hospital ahead of it's time.
Department of Education (Former Employee) –  Education DeptNovember 23, 2014
Very team oriented to the benefit of the patient, their families and staff working together.
Review
Customer ServiceCoordinator/Satellite Secretary (Current Employee) –  Braintree, MANovember 2, 2014
Great job stayed there for awhile but budget cuts lead to a lot of people loosing there jobs.
meh
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Braintree, MAOctober 9, 2014
treated employees terrible when they got bought I don't know why anyone would want to work there
Your existence means nothing...especially if you're a man
CNA (Former Employee) –  Braintree, MAAugust 31, 2014
As a male caregiver, I can't stress enough to STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOSPITAL!
They are not accustomed to males and the environment is extremely hostile.
If you don't play caddy, nicey-nice every day, you will be shunned and considered a trouble maker.
Nuses, not all, but most are either young and so stuck up, that even if you have YEARS experience in a hostile situation, such as dealing with a combative patient as a group, will throw you under the bus even though they have NO IDEA what they're doing.
Or nurses that are "change of career" women who will call "ANYTHING" insubordination. I've overheard conversations of nurses who deliberately throw a male staff member under the bus for no reason other than because the nurses are treated like gods and they can make someone jump through hoops.
It's understaffed and you spend more time tailoring what you say and the tone in your voice than patient care.
I will NEVER re-enter the health care field for this reason.
Pros
Watching the care you give patients help them, Caring for patients and their families who are going through a tough time.
Cons
Terrible treatment of males...unless you act like a woman, Lack of respect for males, Clicky, Always need to watch what you say and how you say it, No one ever let's anything go, they will hold any infraction against you FOREVER
Postive place to be
Rehabilitation Nursing Technician (Current Employee) –  Braintree, MAApril 21, 2014
I enjoy my job I feel accomplish when I leave I am able to work with patient who are able to overcome a traumatic event in their life. I love see my patients leave with a positive new look on life and willingness to go forward. The staff is very friendly and a great group to work with we all work as a team and makes for a happy and safe environment.
Cons
not enough hours
coworkers were great
Housekeeper/Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Braintree, MAApril 10, 2014
cleaning/ i learned a lot about elderly people and my coworkers are good people management was alright no part of my job was hard.
Pros
Cons
no breaks sometimes
Hospital bought out by a new company
H.I.M.S. Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Braintree, MAFebruary 13, 2014
A typical day consists of assisting with active record reviews. Collecting discharged charts,(not electronic) for coding dept to ensure payment in a timely manner. Calculate delinquency reports & letters for medical staff. Coordinate permanent filing for completed medical records.
Pros
Cons
Lay-offs, lack of staffing, morale & lack of direction from upper management
Its really a good hospital.
Chase Nurse (Former Employee) –  MAFebruary 11, 2014
Work was good and I had a flexible schedule. Staff was easy to get along with and their was not really any problem with my break. There was never really a easy part to the job nor hard. Hospital was sold to new company so my schedule changed. So I'm looking for a job now.
good place to work
Medical Secretary (Current Employee) –  Braintree, MAJanuary 17, 2014
supervisor is great people are great to work with benefita are not so good
Wonderful Experience
Clinical Experience (Former Employee) –  Braintree, MAJanuary 7, 2014
I learned so much here. All of the staff were great. Everyone helped each other
Small hospital, great co-workers, work as a team
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Braintree, MAJanuary 7, 2014
I enjoy my work at Braintree Hospital. I love all my co-workers and find that we work well alongside each other. Everyone their is willing to lend a hand at all times.
Pros
Close to home, Co-workers are amazing, Patient ratio is manageable.
Cons
No benefits for 24 hour employees.
wonderful job because of patients
Rehab/ P.T. Asst (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MAJanuary 6, 2014
Got many certifications to advance my career Left this position because of harassement and bullying
Pros
close to home
Cons
supervisor with control issues
Loved Co-workers
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Braintree MASeptember 29, 2013
Very busy. Low compensation. Out of touch management.

Low staff to patient ratio.

Very good place for new nurse to learn skills
Pros
Proximity to home
Cons
Mgmnt
Great position
Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Braintree, MAAugust 11, 2013
I acquired great experience working as a CM at Braintree Rehab Hospital.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Braintree Rehabilitation Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Braintree Rehabilitation Hospital Reviews by Location