Brake Masters Employee Reviews

Bad
Lube and Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Apache Junction, AZApril 21, 2017
Overworked. 6 days a week 60+ hours every week. Never earned overtime on my checks. No benefits. Just overall bad for me. Other people may have a different experience but for me it sucked.
Fun place to work really good coworkers
Mechanic Technician (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CAMarch 18, 2017
This is a really good place but it's a little far from me and I just would like a better opportunity for me and my son but these people are really good at what they do
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Short brakes
great place to grow yourself
Shop Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 13, 2016
Brake Masters is a strong co. I had a great time with them and learned more ways to deal with day to day issues. I will take away from this time more tools to better performed my job.
Productive and stable workplace.
General Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 13, 2016
The job was stable and the shop maintained a steady flow of customers. Management was efficient and caring in their job and duties.
Enjoyed working with Brake Masters
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 16, 2016
Loved the job and the people I worked with. Unfortunately I had to step away to deal with some family health issues. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the customers and the employees.
Pros
Enjoyed the people I worked with
Cons
Hard to find good quality employees
Brake Services Mostly
Automotive Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 27, 2016
Preformed brake work and trans services while there. Felt out of place, because most of them only spoke spanish, It was in Tucson, AZ, and that is a little too far away for me at the time and that was main reason for moving back to LA.
Solid place to work
Manager/Sales (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CAApril 28, 2016
Brake masters was a good place to work, it did allow me to use my skills to build business, I put together a solid crew and trained to on how to be productive.

I got along with the owner and we did work very good together, the down fall was the pay, the company did not pay current wages for my experience.
Pros
Excelent Ownership
Cons
Salary
no opinion
Technician (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 27, 2015
I have no opinion of my place of work .. I do not have an opinion of this place I show up do my work and go home. I don't want to say more I have nothing to say butt this system is making me
Fun
General service tech (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZOctober 27, 2015
good job, great work place when its busy slow days arent that fun. have been with the company a little over a year and havent seen a raise
Pros
Free lunch sometimes
Cons
sent home early becasue its slow
ok place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Havasu City, AZAugust 5, 2015
worked hard, boss ok,
how to operate a business
nice hardworking co-workers
no work
customers and providing quality service
Pros
close to home
Cons
not enough work
Fast paced work enviroment meet lots of people...
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 17, 2015
A real good job experience lots to do needs to improve on upper management communication, many exciting challenges on a day to day basis.
Hard work, fun
Manager (Current Employee) –  Ventura, CAJune 18, 2015
Keeping sales and GP up, attend to customers needs, perform managerial duties required for business. i enjoy assisting people and my hard work and efforts is what is keeping this business running at a high GP rate.
Pros
I am not micr managed, I have authority in decisions
Cons
Pay rate is very low.
One of the most stressfull jobs I ever had.
Store Manager/Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Manteca, CAOctober 13, 2014
Opening and closing location, putting in 12 hours a day and perform multi job tasks. The company wanted to save on employee wages almost too much which lead to employee burn out and a high rate of turn over. Area management was overwhelmed as well and in my opinion did offer the help needed to store managers. Co-workers where a good part of the job but often felt overwhelmed as well. The need to "fear" the California Bureau of Automotive Repair made simple paper work transactions and customer authorizations for work very complicated. The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with good customers and meeting goals that were very tough if not impossible to reach.
Pros
Not many, but pay was decent.
Cons
No ast. management, cost of living in California, Hardly any lunch breaks.
Mechanic, Brake technician
Tech/Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 27, 2014
This was a fun and challenging job. Done everything from oil changes to Selling repairs to customers.
Pros
We got to work on our vehicles after hours
Cons
traveled 2 hours in Arizona traffic.
Not a bad company to work for
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  La Verne, CAAugust 3, 2014
A typical day at work would be very unpredictable, it could be a very slow day and out of the blue get really busy and full of challenges but working with the crew I had was always good because the level of hard work was admirable and very efficient even in the hardest challenges the team work and expertise were defined by good results. The hardest part of the job was the complaints and the many ways how every customer had a very unique way of finding the satisfaction in the service and finding solutions to meet the customers needs and expectations 100%
Pros
The presure to the employee was very minimum at times making it less stressful
Cons
very minimum support and respect for managers, no full breaks
Brakemasters
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJanuary 7, 2014
Overall good company. Was moved several times within the past years though. Also no kind of notice when was let go.
Pros
lots of overtime
Cons
no stability with locations
Friendly staff
Assistant Manager/Technician (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CADecember 4, 2013
I thouroughly enjoyed working at Brake Masters for the limited amount of time I was there. I learned many new skills and refined other skills in the area of vehicle maintenance and repair. My supervisor, Ben, was always ready to answer any questions I had as well as my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was when there was a slow spot in the day with little to no customers. The most enjoyable part of the day was being able to assist a customer with a troubling mechanical issue and having the ability to be the solution. It is quite unfortunate that the company was unable to keep me on due to financial issues on their side, I feel as if I could have continued working with this company for many, many years to come.
Pros
positive, fun environment
Cons
no healthcare
Do NOT work for this company!
Ex employee (Former Employee) –  corporate officeOctober 27, 2013
Horrible business to work for! I wasted my time and energy working for a company that DOES NOT value their employees! Management makes their subordinents feel like slave drivers. It is definitely a thankless job! Management does not care about their employees, they only care if the work is completed. The office environment is toxic. There is a huge negitive cloud that reigns over the building and can be sensed the moment you get there. The main motto of all office staff is "fake it until you make it" and let me tell you, EVERYONE is fake! It is horrible when upper management is ridiculously rude to everyone they don't like and super friendly and cheerful to people they do like. I will NEVER again work for a manager that answers the phone with "what" and then promptly slams the phone down without saying bye or thank you for the information that was told to them.

Health benefits are a joke. All office employees are fake and rude. Company is cheap. Owners walk around and demand things of people and are rude while doing it. Plus they aren't friendly at all. No job advancement whatsoever. Management expects you to work your butt off for nothing in return. They expect you to put your job first over your own family and health again for nothing in return. Again just an overall HORRIBLE company to work for!!
Pros
Only pro, pay was decent
Cons
Everything else aside from pay
Stagnant work enviroment
asst manager/ (Current Employee) –  PhoenixSeptember 28, 2013
Although the company tries to maintain a customer service above all policy, the company focuses on silly business policy acronyms and maintaining a profit ratio instead of actually allowing people to actually grow. Area management confused and not interested in actually managing. Any concerns are not addressed . There are a lot of politics that interfere with growth and forward progress for the individuals and and whole company. 90% Of the techs are beyond weak and either don't look at the vehicles properly or look too much. There are a few locations that try to run a class act, otherwise it is hit or miss.
Pros
If you can find a decent staffed store with decent people you might do good
Cons
Poor area management
Employes were easy to get along with
AUTO MECHANIC (Former Employee) –  MAINTICA CALIFSeptember 11, 2013
Work was fast pace management was fair nothing hard I like alingments
Pros
KEPT WORKING ALL THROUGH THE DAY
Cons
SERVICE WRITER WAS PUSHEY

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brake Masters. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8