Brakes Plus Employee Reviews

Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 20, 2017
A typical day at work starts off by cleaning bays. I did not learn much from this place other that I wouldn't work there again if a job was offered on a golden plate
Ok place to work at if you don't have family to worry about
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 1, 2017
Pay was good and definitely a good work flow. But, not a good place if you have a family where both of you work. Good people to work with and definitely never a dull moment with the guys I worked with in the shop. Had one good service writer and the only one I cared to deal with. No respect from management at all. All they care about is the final number. Recommendations would be made on what was needed or found based on customer complaint. The manager would recommend something completely different because your recommendations "didn't make money" apparently. Or, he would recommend something completely different then what was on the paperwork. Either do the work, or get reprimanded for not doing so even though it's not the right thing. They don't care if they screw over the customer. It's the type of place where they encourage making money however needed. If something comes back with your name on it, you're more than likely to get in trouble somehow because you didn't follow company rules. Yet, they don't apply any other time unless it benefits them. They try to force staying late way beyond anything reasonable because the manager would make false promise times on vehicles.
Pros
steady work flow
Cons
very poor management, top to bottom
Great place to grow
Manager (Current Employee) –  Centennial, COJune 9, 2017
Free training and great benefits package. A place where you can start at the bottom and work your way to the top!! Fasted pace environment where a technician can bill well over 50 hours a week!!
Pros
Upward mobility, free training
Cons
politics without organization with store management
Service Writer/Advisor (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZMay 11, 2017
No real in house training, just a sink or swim/dog eat dog work place. Was guaranteed a minimum of $50,000 per year and wasn't paid nowhere close. After inviting personal customer to do business with Brakes Plus, I was made to turn my head as they ripped off one of my personal customer, just to end up losing my job a short couple of months later.
Pros
friendly company competitions pumping up moral
Cons
No structured training, just high expectations
fast paced
Store Manager/Sales (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZMay 2, 2017
They are a decent company to work for. they pay pretty well for Sales Managers and Store Managers. They are definitely one of the most honest automotive shops to work for.
Great work experience and great crew but not enough to balance out low wages
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COMarch 27, 2017
Great Job and not a job I would ever enjoy leaving, but need to find a better sorce of income. great benefits and full 401K is a bonus. Wonderful Employees and co-workers. Always busy which is perfect and always meeting new faces. great way to help others. Overall Great place to work 9/10 rating. I'd give it 10/10 if employees were payed more appropriately and id even consider staying put.
Pros
Never boring. very constant. Always busy
Cons
Not enough Income
Rip off artist
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Centennial, COMarch 23, 2017
Don't care about employees and lie. Promise the world and don't backit up and wants to oversell customers. They take hardware out of brake box and then charge customer 40$ for it. They use the cheapest parts they can find but mark up like good part. They also treats technicians as dogs.and below average pay. Owners nice but a bunch of idiots running company
Pros
Cons
No lunch bad environment
Upper management is a joke
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COFebruary 28, 2017
The store managers level can not make a call to better his store with out the approval of two other reginal and corporate managers that honestly have no idea what happens during the daily grind.
Pros
Benefits in 60 days, flexible schedule.
Cons
Phone calls recorded, when you try to make a move to better your situation you're shut down, low cap comissioned pay for the amount of hats you wear, sub or technicians.
Took leave of absence
Technician (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXFebruary 16, 2017
Due to my wife having omplications during chemo treatment. Manager agreed to time off then was let go while I was at the hospital with her about to give birth.
Good Company to work for
Automotive Technician (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXJanuary 26, 2017
closed Sundays
paid holidays
401k
great insurance
store hours are nice, mon-fri 8-6, sat 8-5
overall just a good company to work for. they provide training and also willing to help young techs with purchasing tools
goog place if you are not a service manager
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 12, 2016
poor management above the store level . good environment and benefits . work load is good . customer satisfaction is important . owners are good people .
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXOctober 10, 2016
Management does not have the respect of his associates which causes complete chaos. Associates disrespects management, and even though there are service managers the main store manager will not hold associates accountable.
Pros
Closed Sundays, Off at 6:00pm.
Cons
Out of control shop, forced to work on vehicles because techs not quailifed consistently
management lies
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXSeptember 16, 2016
the management of the brakes plus including district manager is full of hot air, they do not believe in a good work culture, all they care about is the dollar and they will do whatever it takes to make money, the customers once they paid were treated terribly, any jobs that were completed and returned for not being done correctly were automatically the fault of the customer, horrible place to work or to do business!
Pros
Cons
long hours, short breaks, no family time
The day to day was typical for the business.
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Surprise, AZJune 16, 2016
The pay was not as high as other companies I worked for. The company is very controlling of the way the management performed their jobs and at the time I did not feel as if they were using me to my full potential.
Pros
Shops very clean and organized.
Cons
Micro Managed
decent place to work
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COJune 20, 2015
They were a decent place to work for the most part. If I had to I would work there again.They treated there employees fair not much to say about them.
Pros
not really anything i can think of
Cons
not really anything i can think of
Bar-b-ques and employee gateherings
Owner / General Manager (Former Employee) –  Deer Park, TXJune 1, 2015
This is a place where I took satisfaction and pride in the work and Safety practices were taken very seriously and all employees including myself shared the same mind frame which was to give a 100% in all we could.
Pros
Free lunch was great
Cons
master service technician (Former Employee) –  colorado springs, co.February 11, 2015
people and company are unable to perform at expected level because their values are flawed and their character is flawed
World class service is ultimate goal
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COOctober 31, 2014
Fair and honest with customers, quality work. From management down, committed to providing word class service.
Cons
Training and stating clear expectations could be done better.
Overworked for pay
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 10, 2013
you work 55hrs a week and your salary is for 35 hours. Management did not replace all 5 lug nuts I said NEEDED to be replaced. They would only replace 3. Then wheel got loose and they didn't take the blame. When I said all 5 lug nuts on car was massively stripped when taking off wheel .
Pros
Co-workers at same level
Cons
Management.
Great company with excellent benifits
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COMay 9, 2013
I loved this job because I love working with and around cars. The people were great to be around.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brakes Plus. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9