Brand Affinity Technologies Employee Reviews in United States

Unfair wages
Fan Photographer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 20, 2014
I feel like I was baited and switched with this company. When initially speaking with the company, they mention compensation to be 15/hr. They did not mention that only one shooter makes 15/hr, the one that takes the most pictures, and that everyone else makes 8/hr. With games lasting only a few hours, it doesnt make sense to spend $20 in gas to make maybe $32. $12?? Really?? Dont work for these people, its not worth your time
Pros
"managers" were nice people, they obviously couldnt control the pay scheme so i cant hold that against them
Cons
everything else
Avoid unless desperate for work
Green Screen Fan Photographer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 19, 2013
To be fair, there are advancement opportunities, and some employees seemed to genuinely like working for this company.

For me, however:

Recruited as a photographer - used for direct sales (pulling people off the street to be photographed). Long hours under the sun.

Training was a joke. Work was highly disorganized. Fan Photographers (not to be confused with green screen photographers) were ripped off. They were pitted against each other, paid at $8 an hour, and given commission intensives that were unattainable for most individuals (depended on luck of location).

Proper forms were not gathered for payment purposes. Follow-up attempts were not gathered in a timely or correct fashion (needed to contact company multiple times). Payment was way too late (approximately a month and a half after job completion). Pay did not properly correspond with the number of hours worked (training and extended hours still unaccounted for). Was given a raise on day-one, but that raise was not notarized by supervisor. Had to argue with HR to receive correct pay rate. Told by HR that I was not the first one from my group to call in with similar pay related complaints.
Pros
flexible schedule, enthusiastic staff, easy hire, workers in demand
Cons
poor management, highly disorganized, little care for hourly workers, long hours, unfair pay decisions, seasonal, sloppy, travel
Fun Projects
Director of Onsite Photo Operations (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMarch 22, 2015
I was tasked with interesting projects that involved utilizing my creativity and collaboration skills with many departments in the company. The company took desperate measures to escape a lawsuit, which is why I am looking for work today. I would absolutely have stayed if they continued on.
I enjoy interaction with the general public.
Fan Photographer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 13, 2013
Since 1984 I worked at Flying Scotchman, Inc., which was a family business since 1956. I trained pilots that are Captains for the airlines, Military Pilots and private pilots. I was in charge of training and overseeing flight instructors on daily basis. The hardest part of the job was the ever changing weather conditions in Minnesota. The most enjoyable part of my job was the aerial photography.
Pros
the beauty of flying and love of aerial photography as an art form.
Cons
long hours and bad weather.
Great Photography Job- At DC Verizon Center
Fan Photographer (Current Employee) –  DC- Verizon CenterDecember 5, 2013
I love being a fan photography. It's a fun, upbeat environment where you can just be yourself. It's a Great first job for aspiring photographers. You get to interact with Fans and help make their memories into photos. Its kinda crazy to think that there are pictures I've taken hanging up in someones living room. a typical night at a game is basically simple. You simply have to walk up to people snap two photos give them a card and explain where to find them and your done. Our Manager is great. He is always there to help you if you need it, but isn't overbearing. Coworkers are easy-going. The hardest part is making your quota, but on most nights that not even that hard.
Pros
fun, easy, fast
Cons
4-hour shifts, pay isn't that great.
Go Indians! Wait, you want my picture? Oh, I am famous!
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OhioAugust 16, 2014
We meet up in the Media room, grab the gear assigned to us, and make people smile for it! It's a challenging, competitive environment, with competitive pay. The hardest part of the job is meeting a quota, when the temperatures are hot, or rainy. We get no breaks, and nothing to drink. If you are an Indians fan, this may be the right job for you.
Pros
free indians game
Cons
nothing to drink, no breaks
Great second job if you love Photography & People
Fan Photographer (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CADecember 26, 2013
First off let me say that this is not a primary job for as I am a pro photographer with my own portrait/sports photography business. This is my weekday job and I work at BAT on the weekends when I am free. I love that I get to go to all the bay area games for the San Jose Sharks, Oakland A's, San Francisco Giants, the Stanford Cardinals and interact with the fans there. If you are very familiar with using a dslr, you should feel great to be able to walk around taking pictures and get paid for your work. Get a unique picture of a fan, give them a card where they can find their picture online, repeat. Easy! My managers are pretty cool as well as the people I work with. Pay is somewhat low especially for here in California, but there are plenty of other jobs that expect more from you and pay the same! Good part is, if you shoot and sell more than everyone else, you get paid more! So do your job, have fun, and make some money! This is a great stepping stone if you are an aspiring photographer!
Pros
you take fan pictures all day and get paid for it!
Cons
not really a primary job.
fan photographer
Fan Photographer (Current Employee) –  indianapolis, indianaAugust 18, 2014
It is very fast pace and you need to meet a quota but it is attainable if you are working.
Pros
get to go to the games
Stay away
Fan Photographer (Former Employee) –  AtlantaApril 29, 2014
Company is too cheap to invest money, time, and resources into selecting the best candidates for the position and keeping them. So, a process of elimination is done to find out who the best candidates are. Here is how the process works. First, they hire all the people who meet the basic qualifications--customer service and photography experience-- on the spot after 1 brief phone interview. Second, they weed out the rest of the new hires by giving them a one time hour long "training" session before their first day. Third, all the new hires who didn't meet their quota on their first day will be let go the next time they don't meet their quota. The new hires who didn't get let go will be the ones to stay on with the company.

Reasons to stay away:
Still haven't received my paycheck
Getting less commission than I actually earned
Can't directly contact HR to get pay and commission issues resolved (can only use form on web-site to contact them)
Lied to about hourly pay rate and didn't find out how low it could go (just above minimum wage) until I got to "training"
"Training" was an hour long info session before the first day about the company's expectations of us.
Pay too heavily based on number of pictures taken and payment is excessively delayed if you make errors or forget info learned during your 1 hour "training" session
Management was moody, provided little communication with vague instructions, and ignored me when their assistance was required for me to do my job
Feel like I was set up to be let go (ex: bait and switch with quotas being higher and more important than management
  more... originally told me among other suspicious things)
Competing against coworkers placed in the same areas as you

Reasons to work for the company (despite all the things I've just said):
Makes a great part time job since you only work when there's a game
Get to enjoy the game atmosphere and fans for free
Pros
good schedule, great work environment, great fans
Cons
dishonest and unprofessional