Brand Connections Employee Reviews

beauty
Beauty Adviser/ Manager (Former Employee) –  azAugust 9, 2015
beauty is the key each day , trainings, demos talking with the guests each day to teach them abut the pros and cons of the product and what it can do for them depending on which product it is.
sampling demos and educations
Boring but great compensation
Beauty Concierge (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 25, 2015
Standing and pacing in the beauty aisles from 12-8:30 every week day and 11-6 every weekend. Hours did not go along with the busy hours of the day at the store so a lot of time wasted just walking around desperate for someone to assist. Great benefits for full time employees, A TON of free gratis of all the beauty products you could ask for. They advertise room for quick growth which is very untrue and when you finally are promoted you are still doing the same boring job with a 50 cent raise.
Pros
gratis
Cons
boring
Productive and fun workplace
Beauty Concierge (Current Employee) –  Shoreview, MNNovember 3, 2014
A typical day of work for me starts at noon, walking around the cosmetic aisle asking guests if they are finding everything alright, answer any questions they may have for me or give them tips of new or different products they might be interested in. I am by myself typically, every once in awhile my DM makes a visit to make sure I am in aisle and they see if everything is going okay. I don't have any co-workers it is a pretty independent job but I do need to communicate with Target team members and leaders in order to create a partnership to make sure the store is safe and so I am able to communicate my questions and concerns. The hardest part of this job is being by myself from 12-8:30, in all honesty it gets a bit boring. Although my days may get boring I love seeing the receptiveness from guests, seeing that they enjoy having me in aisle ready to answer questions or help out in any way.
Pros
hour lunch breaks
Cons
lonely
Awesome Company
Beauty Concierge (Current Employee) –  Garden GroveJuly 2, 2014
Great company to work for. Supportive team members and great management.
Pros
great trainings and gratis packages.
Cons
working weekends.
average workplace, medium oversight, mediocre security
Production Manager and Tour Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 23, 2014
Most of their workforce is contractor based. There is minimum security in any of these positions as bookings are based on the relationship with the individual client service agents, not the company at large.

Objectives of contracts are vague and typically micromanaged. Field people do not have the freedom to make small decisions in the normal course of doing their jobs.

The organization as a whole opt for a cost-efficient approach to experiential marketing. Compensation are on the low end of industry average when working directly with Brand Connections. Typically, there will only be one BC employee/contractor on a campaign and every other person on-site is hired through a very low budget staffing agency. This provides a challenge for the field manager as they have to manage low-paid contractors who have not been screened and see no benefit in doing a good job (they are hired for "day only" and are paid whether they do a good job or not).

Altogether, be wary when applying for a job with this company.
Pros
autonomy
Cons
undefined and unclear objectives, unmotivated field staff, low budgets
Good Role - Content
Target - Beauty Concierge (Current Employee) –  New YorkMay 29, 2014
go to work, talk with guest, create relationships and educate guest on my role as well as on beauty related products while creating a customized skincare , hair care or makeup routine based on needs. Not a negative experience with the job itself - just a lack of "common sense" in some areas with all parties involved. the best part of this job is being able to balance life and work due to the set schedule.
Pros
set schedules if you are part time or full time.
Cons
do not offer part timers full time opportunities.
A great environment to work for
Beauty Concierge (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAApril 21, 2014
I work as a full-time beauty concierge, I have learned a lot working for this company aside my previous jobs. It's a cosmetic related job, I am on my feet constantly working with customers regarding cosmetic concerns. It's been a wonderful opportunity that's given to me, I hope that in the future with my great skills that I have provided so far for this company continues for the next job that I get hired for.
great place to work
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 6, 2014
great place to work. great supervisor. easy work. good athmospher
Beauty
Beauty Concierge (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 28, 2013
Love working with different people and being able to travel to different locations.
competative salary
Representative/Concierge (Current Employee) –  Cerritos, CAMay 1, 2013
desirable hours
competative salary
At this point in my life I was looking for full time hours and this was perfect. The only con I have is that my position required me to work through the weekend which wasn't something I necessarily wanted. Overall, this position is a good one.
Amazing Company to work for
Field Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Work from homeFebruary 15, 2013
It is a pleasure to work with the talented and outgoing staff at Brand Connections.
Pros
competitive pay rate
Cons
full time positions are not available at this time