Brand Connections Employee Reviews

Brand Connections great place to work
Senior Vice President, Sales & Marketing (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 21, 2017
Best job ever, constantly growing, learning, taking on new challenges. The company expects a lot from you and provides training and the tools to help you learn and grow.
Pros
Great family environment, professional too
Cons
Fun experience but all over the place for management and communication
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNAugust 3, 2017
I loved this job and it has a lot of opportunities. But this company is so new and growing that they really need to focus on communication. They let go a lot of employees without any notice. Young moms, I mean it was terrible. Also they had really great gratis, and trainings. But that was prettt much it. There was no structure on how they did things. Super independe which was awesome! But the manager showed up hardly ever so again communication was terrible.
Pros
Great gratis, free stuff, full time, fun trainings, benefits if you need them
Cons
Management was terrible, no communication, no structure
Value work/life balance, sometimes unreasonable expectations
Database and Shipping Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 3, 2017
Strong efforts to create a positive work environment, but often promised unrealistic results to clients that other employees were expected to deliver.
Pros
Time off, free snacks, flex time
Horrible
District Manager, Full Time (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 12, 2017
It's a company that has no structure. They promise you they have everything in line and ready for you to start but don't give you the proper tools to be successful. Their training for a District Sales Manager is 3 days. Which does not allow you to prepare yourself at all for the role. They don't have mercy for their employees and really over work them. The company promises you that all the help is there for you to do well. But once you ask for help nothing gets fixed. Once you start letting them know what things work and what don't they don't really take it inconsideration. I would not recommend this company to anyone. They don't look out for the best of their employees. They don't have development plans to help grow their employees. I have seen them let go of people without proper documentation. For anyone who is looking to grow with a company this is not the place for you. Unfortunately this company can be a lot like the Mean Girls movie. If you are not in with the in crown and they don't seem to like you for any reason. They will find a way to let you go. Even if you deserve the job.
fun worplace
Beauty Concierge and Sales (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 28, 2017
Great benefits and pay.
Schedule not good. Fun work environment and awesome trainings .Lots of free products. You have to work every single weekend. Hard to find coverage.
Pros
Trainings
Cons
Work hours always working weekends
Boring, stuck, pay is good
Senior Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Seal Beach, CAMarch 3, 2017
A typical day at work is roaming around the aisles like some kind of lab rat, picking up go backs and directing people to what they really are there for market , kitchen, etc. I enjoyed getting gratis and getting to try products and learn about the ingredients but the trainings were long and drawn out ,
Pros
Gratis, pay
Cons
Boring, work alone
Good Pay
Beauty Concierge (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 12, 2016
The company is good, the pay as well. The job itself is very hard because you can be stuck at a VERY VERY slow location and that happened to me a lot. Working an 8 hour shift at a store that you only helped around 5 people the whole day was suicide. The manager only pops in a few times a week which is nice, but she likes to creep up, which leaves you working in suspense. They want you to be pushy when a customer doesn't want your help, you receive gratis which is a huge plus, but happiness to me was far more important than getting 16 an hour 4 months was enough for me. Honestly the worst job I've ever had.
Pros
Hour lunch, pay
Cons
They want you to be pushy
The job is so-so.
Beauty Concierge (Former Employee) –  Various SettingsJune 26, 2016
I was hired as an on-call agent. This was ideal in the beginning as I was finishing up esthetics courses and needed the free time to study, however, once I graduated, there was no room to advance in the company. Opportunities for part-time or full-time positions were scarce and the hours are not flexible. I think it's a good job for someone who is just getting started in the beauty field, but for someone more experienced, it's not the best path to take.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Limited benefits, fixed work hours, boring and lonely shifts
Stepping Stone
Assistant District Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 21, 2016
This is a great company starting out. A great stepping stone. Growth is very hard as not many upper management positions exist
Great pay, horrible hours
Beauty Concierge (Former Employee) –  Shakopee, MNAugust 19, 2015
When I first started, the hours were 10-630. Shortly after, the hours switched to 12-830, which was HORRIBLE. I worked Wednesday's-Sunday's, and unless you could Find someone to cover your shift, you couldn't take a day off. Needless to say, planning vacations or family events is a nightmare. Be prepared to say goodbye to your social life.

After 530pm, the aisles were dead. I stood around and organized shampoo bottles for the last three hours of my shift every time. Sometimes I even helped the makeup employee with freight because it was so slow.

The monthly meetings were fun, but often time consuming and would run late. The meals they provided with were very mediocre.

The pay, $14.50 starting, is awesome. There's no doubt in that. It was nice to get all the gradis and free samples too. However, be prepared to be by yourself the entire shift. My DM rarely visited my store.

Overall, a good retail experience, but certainly not a career.
Pros
Compensation, hour long lunch break
Cons
Horrible hours, lack of schedule flexibility
beauty
Beauty Adviser/ Manager (Former Employee) –  azAugust 9, 2015
beauty is the key each day , trainings, demos talking with the guests each day to teach them abut the pros and cons of the product and what it can do for them depending on which product it is.
sampling demos and educations
Boring but great compensation
Beauty Concierge (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 25, 2015
Standing and pacing in the beauty aisles from 12-8:30 every week day and 11-6 every weekend. Hours did not go along with the busy hours of the day at the store so a lot of time wasted just walking around desperate for someone to assist. Great benefits for full time employees, A TON of free gratis of all the beauty products you could ask for. They advertise room for quick growth which is very untrue and when you finally are promoted you are still doing the same boring job with a 50 cent raise.
Pros
gratis
Cons
boring
Productive and fun workplace
Beauty Concierge (Current Employee) –  Shoreview, MNNovember 3, 2014
A typical day of work for me starts at noon, walking around the cosmetic aisle asking guests if they are finding everything alright, answer any questions they may have for me or give them tips of new or different products they might be interested in. I am by myself typically, every once in awhile my DM makes a visit to make sure I am in aisle and they see if everything is going okay. I don't have any co-workers it is a pretty independent job but I do need to communicate with Target team members and leaders in order to create a partnership to make sure the store is safe and so I am able to communicate my questions and concerns. The hardest part of this job is being by myself from 12-8:30, in all honesty it gets a bit boring. Although my days may get boring I love seeing the receptiveness from guests, seeing that they enjoy having me in aisle ready to answer questions or help out in any way.
Pros
Hour lunch breaks
Cons
Lonely
Awesome Company
Beauty Concierge (Current Employee) –  Garden GroveJuly 2, 2014
Great company to work for. Supportive team members and great management.
Pros
Great trainings and gratis packages.
Cons
Working weekends.
average workplace, medium oversight, mediocre security
Production Manager and Tour Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 23, 2014
Most of their workforce is contractor based. There is minimum security in any of these positions as bookings are based on the relationship with the individual client service agents, not the company at large.

Objectives of contracts are vague and typically micromanaged. Field people do not have the freedom to make small decisions in the normal course of doing their jobs.

The organization as a whole opt for a cost-efficient approach to experiential marketing. Compensation are on the low end of industry average when working directly with Brand Connections. Typically, there will only be one BC employee/contractor on a campaign and every other person on-site is hired through a very low budget staffing agency. This provides a challenge for the field manager as they have to manage low-paid contractors who have not been screened and see no benefit in doing a good job (they are hired for "day only" and are paid whether they do a good job or not).

Altogether, be wary when applying for a job with this company.
Pros
autonomy
Cons
undefined and unclear objectives, unmotivated field staff, low budgets
Good Role - Content
Target - Beauty Concierge (Current Employee) –  New YorkMay 29, 2014
go to work, talk with guest, create relationships and educate guest on my role as well as on beauty related products while creating a customized skincare , hair care or makeup routine based on needs. Not a negative experience with the job itself - just a lack of "common sense" in some areas with all parties involved. the best part of this job is being able to balance life and work due to the set schedule.
Pros
Set schedules if you are part time or full time.
Cons
do not offer part timers full time opportunities.
A great environment to work for
Beauty Concierge (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAApril 21, 2014
I work as a full-time beauty concierge, I have learned a lot working for this company aside my previous jobs. It's a cosmetic related job, I am on my feet constantly working with customers regarding cosmetic concerns. It's been a wonderful opportunity that's given to me, I hope that in the future with my great skills that I have provided so far for this company continues for the next job that I get hired for.
great place to work
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 6, 2014
great place to work. great supervisor. easy work. good athmospher
Beauty
Beauty Concierge (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 28, 2013
Love working with different people and being able to travel to different locations.
competative salary
Representative/Concierge (Current Employee) –  Cerritos, CAMay 1, 2013
desirable hours
competative salary
At this point in my life I was looking for full time hours and this was perfect. The only con I have is that my position required me to work through the weekend which wasn't something I necessarily wanted. Overall, this position is a good one.