Brandeis University

Brandeis University United States Employee Reviews

Corporate banking
Records Management Assistant (Current Employee), Waltham, MAApril 2, 2015
Credit Europe Bank is a Dutch registered bank owned by the Turkish financial holding company FIBA Group. The bank is focused on corporate lending as well as on retail banking and operates in the euro-zone countries of the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Malta as well as in China, Dubai, Russia, Romania, Switzerland and Ukraine. The bank's strategy is to offer easy-to-use retail banking and SME products as well as private banking. It also offers trade finance and corporate banking services.
Plenty of learning opportunities
Research Technician I (Current Employee), Waltham, MaMarch 13, 2015
Brandeis University is an amazing instituition filled with many intelligent researchers. Would recommend working here if you appreciate independent research.
Basic Office Job
Events Coordinator (Current Employee), Waltham, MAMarch 4, 2015
This job is a basic office job that requires a number of hours on the phone and at email. Though I enjoy it I see myself working in a fast-paced environment that really shows off my personality and skills that I have developed throughout the years
Excellent environment for skill development and independent work
Master's Thesis (Current Employee), Waltham, MAFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: well taken care of, good research talks hosted
Cons: communication
Freedom to flourish under phenomenon guidance.
Friendly coworkers.
Good trouble shooting strategies
Prompt response to any questions or doubts
Manager of Custodial Services (Current Employee), Waltham, MAJanuary 12, 2015
Great learning environment with good growth. Faculty, students and staff are a pleasure to work with.
Great research institution, very collaborative
Graduate Research Student (Current Employee), Waltham, MAOctober 27, 2014
Brandeis University's sciences are highly esteemed and well funded. The environment at Brandeis fosters cross-collaboration between the Biology, Biochemistry, Physics, and Chemistry departments, allowing students (and faculty) to continually learn and apply new ideas and techniques to their research. It has been a great place to learn how to research.
Doctoral Degree Program in the Life Sciences
Graduate Student Research Assistant (Former Employee), Waltham, MAOctober 5, 2014
Great program. Had several advisers and in-depth coursework.
Excellent people to work with
Research (Current Employee), Waltham, MAAugust 25, 2014
The people at the university are great to work with and the benefits are fantastic.
Great place
great atmosphere
good academics
Data gathering and analysis
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Waltham, MAJuly 9, 2014
Currently, as a Research Assistant at Brandeis International Business School, I am working on a project in which I study the relationship between the CEO incentives and the IPO underpricing to investigate potential insider trading. My professor trusted that I would give accurate information, thus she chose me to be the Research Assistant for this project which is going be used for publication. In more detail, I examined whether CEOs who sell more shares at the time of an IPO have greater incentives to negotiate with the underwriters, and at the same time would be willing to spend more to promote the issue. In order to determine the relation, I hand-collect the data on CEO stock ownership and CEO stock sales from IPO prospectuses of 543 firms that were listed in the U.S. stock market and entered data obtained into complex Excel documents. Following data gathering, I ran regression to analyze the impact of CEO incentives on IPO promotion. As I spend more time appraising and questioning the fundamentals of this, as my awareness of the finer intricacies and evolution of the subject flourish. I would bring my passion and interest in this discipline to my future job.
Review From Graduate Student at Brandeis
Graduate Research Assistant, Health Psychology Lab (Current Employee), Waltham, MAJuly 2, 2014
Brandeis has allowed me to grow exponentially as a researcher alongside wonderful people with whom I am very happy to work. I have gained significant training biological and statistical research, and am coming out of a master's program as an even more adept research scientist than when I came in.
Small collegiate community with competitive, impactful research
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (Current Employee), Waltham, MAJune 24, 2014
Brandeis University is a small school, yet it invests greatly in being a competitive research institution. Coming in with a background in protein biochemistry, I have been fortunate to learn behavioral neuroscience as part of a collaboration project between Brandeis and MIT. The professors are invested in one's learning, willing to offer advice and help, and focused on keeping their labs productive and competitive. The postdoctoral and graduate communities are close-knit and also provide wonderful intellectual contributions.
Great learning experience.
Junior HCI Research Assistant (Former Employee), Waltham, MAMay 20, 2014
Learned how to run HCI experiment. Get the results and write notes during the experiment.
Web Development
Web developer (Former Employee), Waltham, MAApril 13, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: bland setting
The job revolved around a ticketing system that would list what tasks needed to be done. For example, when someone wanted to enter a new user into the content management system, they would file a ticket and I would use my access privileges to create the new user. In this job I exercised my research skills when I needed to figure out what needed to be done to solve problems. The management was nice and my coworkers were friendly. The hardest part of the job was the fact that I needed to figure out what needed to be done. The tickets were quite different from each other. The most enjoyable part of the job was that the job was challenging enough to keep me thinking.
lots of changes
Shuttle Van Driver (Former Employee), Waltham, MAFebruary 24, 2014
Brandeis is making lots of changes, they hiring outside companies.
Productive and good environment to work
Data Warehouse Developer - Part Time (Current Employee), Waltham, MAFebruary 21, 2014
Great co-workers, learned a lot about new software tools.

Working on Excels sheets, reviewing and analyzing data
Affable work culture that provides great learning opportunity
Data Analytics Intern (Current Employee), Waltham, MAFebruary 4, 2014
Provides an insight into the American work culture and great support from my colleagues.
Good experience in reviewing data structures and algorithms knowledge
TA of Computer Science class (Current Employee), Waltham, MADecember 23, 2013
As a teachers assistant in this computer science class I was able to strengthen my knowledge of data structures and algorithms
quiet but good environment
Substitute Student Worker (Former Employee), Waltham, MANovember 28, 2013
*I was a Temp. there and only worked for a couple of days. I made copies of paper work, organized files and operated he copy machines.
*I pretty much have experience on doing all that but the only new thing I've learn was to operate the copying machine.
*Management happened to be my Mentor/Family friend. This position was available to me after school.
*I was doing it all alone for about 5 hours after school.
*There wasn't anything hard about the job. I actually enjoyed being there and do what I know.
A Day at Work at Genesis at Brandeis University
Paid summer internship (Former Employee), Boston, MASeptember 23, 2013
Some of my responsibilities included:

• Paid summer internship
• Organised social action projects, led informal educational programming and
coordination of residential life for participants
• Gained experience with guiding a diverse population of teens in a community setting
and working with educators from all over the world