Brandeis University Employee Reviews

Great coworkers and boss
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAJanuary 13, 2017
I thought the management was helpful, understanding, and supportive. My coworkers were eager to help me understand their work and help me grow. I could not have asked for a more supportive environment.
High quality research
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MADecember 12, 2016
Brandeis University offered an excellent environment for neuroscience research, and both the faculty and student community were engaging, creative, and performed groundbreaking research.
Love it
Building Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MANovember 17, 2016
Great environment to be in day in and day out. Whole staff feels like one big happy family. I'll always be grateful for meeting some of the most amazing people.
strong academy
Graduate Student, Research Projects (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAMay 5, 2016
My education in Brandeis is wonderful. Too short that I had to graduate. Learned lots about molecular and cell biology. It is fun to do clonings.
Good place to work to maintain work/life balance
Program Administrator (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAMarch 30, 2016
A very gratifying place to work at as what you do has an impact on students and faculty. Very friendly, accommodating, but compensation is just average.
Extraordinary group of healthcare professionals!
Visiting Scholar (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAMarch 24, 2016
Incredible work environment; intellectual discussion and teamwork! Variety of healthcare research projects and exposure to innovative research designs.
Xx
Board Member, Student Conduct Board (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAMarch 11, 2016
As a student conduct board member, I have had the great honor to act as a representative of the faculty and uphold the high community standards at Brandeis.
Pros
XX
Cons
XX
Easy going colleagues
Equity Analyst (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAFebruary 3, 2016
Easy going colleagues, nice team to work with, good supervisor to guide you through all the related skills you need in this job
Great science, small department
Graduate Researcher, Molecular Cell Biology (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MADecember 9, 2015
Typical graduate program. Good research. Mediocre graduate student benefits. Being a graduate student is not a forgiving or good place to be, and Brandeis does not provide a lot of support for the graduate students. This isn't unique to Brandeis, but it's certainly a problem here too.
Pros
Solid healthcare package
Cons
Being a graduate student
Great Work-life balance
Treasury Analyst (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAOctober 4, 2015
Great salary, benefits, and amazing work-life balance.
Only issue I have is that there is barely an increase in salary, from what I've heard.
Pros
Great Work Life Balance!
Cons
Not much room for advancement
great, fun to work
Graduate Student Researcher (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MASeptember 27, 2015
Brandeis University is a great place to work. It combines fun component too. It has pool tables, ping pong table etc and a swimming pool, gym etc. The Professors are easy to go by and the quality of education is really nice.
Overall good doctoral studies experience
Doctoral Student (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MASeptember 25, 2015
The Heller School of Social Policy and Management was undergoing major changes when I was doing my doctoral program, but overall, I had a good experience.
Pros
Productive, revered Instructors
Cons
Hard to get feedback
Producting fun envirmoent
Recreation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MASeptember 23, 2015
Brandies is a productive, fun, engaging environment to learn develop grow and thrive. A great place to learn and be employed.
Great Benefits
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAJuly 31, 2015
The job had unbelievable benefits. The actual task varied according to your supervisor. I worked as an administrative assistant at Brandeis,
Decent place to work, bad place to advance
Manager: Biology, Neuro & Sci Division Personnel (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAJune 15, 2015
Brandeis has a culture of community and loyalty. The people I work with are, by and large, wonderful colleagues and staff. I have remained at Brandeis for as long as I have specifically because the people I work with, supervise, and mentor are so amazing. However, there is no job advancement and little encouragement to grow beyond one's present position at Brandeis. This environment is stifling for anyone who wants to continue to grow a career. For many years I thoroughly enjoyed my job and looked forward to going in each day to run my Department. There were always many many balls in the air and no two days were ever the same. Over the last year and a half I was beginning to feel the effects of not being able to advance my career and had started considering other options due to the total lack of a career ladder. A recent reorganization at the University changed my position such that the responsibilities I hold have increased significantly and the control I have over the decisions about these responsibilities has been diminished significantly. This change in position combined with the lack of career growth has me looking for a new job.
Pros
Flexible hours, great colleagues, interesting things to do every day
Cons
Zero career growth, no investment by administration into their staff
Lacks Reporting discipline
Designer Development Facility (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAJune 11, 2015
The organizational structure is not clear or easy to navigate.

Experience writing detailed scopes of work, estimating costs, developing programs of requirement, reviewing construction documents for compliance, and managing schedules
Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize complex tasks
Ability to manage and simultaneously coordinate high-priority short and long-term projects
Pros
Good Projects
Cons
Slow moving projects
Comfortable working environment
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAMay 25, 2015
Comfortable working environment, great learning opportunities, great teaching experience, intensive class preparation and teaching.
Fun Workplace with some culture
DJ (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAMay 11, 2015
Being a DJ at Brandeis University provided opportunities to meet many fun and interesting people while practicing something that I enjoyed doing. On a typical night I would be working alone aside from the people who were throwing the parties. The hardest part of the job would have to be keeping the crowd away from my equipment but the most enjoyable part is seeing the crowd enjoy themselves.
Pros
Lots of love from everybody
Cons
No breaks, no security
Productive and self- sufficient work place
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAApril 10, 2015
On a typical day I will be doing research on investor sentiment. I am currently working on a project to create a formula that measures investor sentiment in the stock market. I check to see if there is a correlation between certain words, such as depression, appearing in newspapers, the the overall performance of the market. I tend to work alone, but have the ability to go to various people if I need help.
Corporate banking
Records Management Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAApril 2, 2015
Credit Europe Bank is a Dutch registered bank owned by the Turkish financial holding company FIBA Group. The bank is focused on corporate lending as well as on retail banking and operates in the euro-zone countries of the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Malta as well as in China, Dubai, Russia, Romania, Switzerland and Ukraine. The bank's strategy is to offer easy-to-use retail banking and SME products as well as private banking. It also offers trade finance and corporate banking services.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brandeis University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4