Brandman University

Brandman University Employer Reviews

Great Marketing Team
Marketing Business Analyst (Former Employee), Irvine, CAJune 18, 2014
Was a good place to work. Great team work going on on a daily basis to move progress forward.
Don't work in IT or HR or Marketing
poor worker bee (Former Employee), Irvine, CAJune 17, 2014
Pros: educational benefits 4+ free clases a year you can get an education, and a nice title
Cons: low pay expect 30% less then market rate, expect to be treated like trash by management especially in it.
Lots of Nepotism aka favoritism. Very top heavy organization.

Lots of incompetence especially in upper and IT management. For example no one in IT has ever been promoted to new better and higher paying positions. People are stressed out even by IT standards.

Low morale throughout the company. Lots of female employees and as a result lots of drama. – more... If you are female and you get on someone's bad side expect to be quickly removed and fired. Lots of old crows who don't like you stirring the soup. Lots of people never worked anywhere else except Chapman/Brandman and have no concept of how modern business operates so expect lots of status quo and lots of resistance to change or new ideas. Those who come from corporate leave soon after as they can't deal with the environment and the incredibly high levels of incompetence.

Marketing is a mess. Lots of Drama. HR is useless.They have no say in anything and are afraid to institute real policies. They have high turnover too. They have little organization and poor processes overall. Company typically hires "C" class people that did not make it into A organizations like Google/Blizzard/Other Cool OC Firms or B organizations (everything else).

However Brandman is a good place if you want a free education from an accredited university or if you need a title to start your career. Just don't stay there too long or you will fall behind in what is happening in the rest of the world. Just don't work in IT. IT is by far the worst department in the company due to its upper leadership which is completely unfit to run the organization and who does not treat people like people. Also expect to receive low pay and lots of expectations to perform above and beyond. – less
Friendly work place environment
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Travis AFB, CAMay 12, 2014
Pros: good hours
Cons: work study
I learned how to better interact with people over the phone and in person. I worked with excel and microsoft on a daily basis. My co workers were very helpful and nice.
Great employee/faculty support
Online Faculty - Adjunct (Current Employee), Irvine, CAFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: helpful assistance, tons of professional development
I've really enjoyed both attending and now working for this great institution.
Great working with the students persuing their educational dreams
Academic Advisor (Former Employee), Victorville, CAJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: free education to employees
Cons: errors in new computer software
A typical day at work was meeting with students to create Educational Plans for their educational journey. I enjoyed the interaction with the students as well as being an advocate for them when life's bumps occur. My door was always open for them to come
in and talk about a situation. I interacted well with my co-workers as well with management. The – more... hardest part of the job was not getting emotionally involved with my students life crises. The most enjoyable part of the job was to go to commencements and watch my students received their degree.. – less
Interesting colleagues, fairly predictable but steady work
Online Sociology Instructor (Current Employee), OnlineAugust 26, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: i usually teach only one course at a time.
I teach online sociology courses for Brandman, and I have had a good experience teaching everything from Social Theory to Research Proposal Writing. My greatest strength, I believe, is in helping students sharpen their critical thinking skills.
Great place to work with added bonus of tuition benefit
Specialist (Current Employee), Irvine, CAAugust 12, 2013
Pros: tuition benefit and a week off in december
Cons: okay pay
A typical day includes working on tasks to achieve the ultimate goal of providing an excellent place for students. The people that work here are friendly and work is enjoyable. They have activities to bring the employees together like BBQs. Nice place to work overall.
Fast Paced Environment With Great CoWorkers
Systems Analyst, IT Projects (Current Employee), Irvine, CAAugust 6, 2013
Pros: coworkers, interesting tasks/projects
Cons: management ill equipped to manage, unable to communicate or make informed decisions.
The University is a great place to work, but is very fast paced. My coworkers are easily the most enjoyable part of my job. The work can be interesting, but is poorly managed in most departments. The hardest part of my job is prioritizing projects and tasks as well as receive the correct tools to accomplish my job adequately.
Technical Assistant (Former Employee), Yuba City, CAJune 8, 2013
This job was fun because I love technology and was able to implement it to help the student in the computer labs at school
Horrible Place to work
Academic Advisor (Former Employee), MontereyMarch 25, 2013
Cons: regional manager, deans, chancellor all focused on $$$, not education!
Treated like yesterday’s trash. Regional Management is the worst I've ever seen. If this place doesn't make a complete turn-around, it is going to close its doors soon. Brandman does not value employees OR students. It's a lot like a high-school popularity contest, with bullies!

Very stressful place to be and started to effect health for many staff – more... workers. Huge employee turnover.

I would not recommend taking classes there. Students will basically be on their own at a school that costs an arm & a leg! – less
Tired of Reading Complaints
Admin (Current Employee), CaliforniaJuly 20, 2012
Pros: adjustable work hours, growing campus, benefits
Cons: not the highest pay out there
It is disappointing to read the complaints when the job market is so bad. Your job is what you make it. There are opportunities to transfer instead of leave. Yes, there are a few incompetant folks working here and that happens everywhere! Be thankful for what you have.

October 18, 2012

So settle? Great advice. Not.

Horrible Place To Be
Program Coordinator (Former Employee), IrvineMay 31, 2012
Pros: staff watching out for each other
Cons: management, chancellor, deans...
Treated like yesterday’s trash. Management hired friends or family and gave them huge packages with little to no experience. Couldn't swing a dead cat without hitting a Vice Chancellor of something. Very stressful place to be and started to effect health for many staff workers. Huge employee turnover. I would not recommend taking classes there or working – more... there. – less
producutive and fun place to work
HR Liaison (Current Employee), San Diego, CAMay 30, 2012
This place creates a work/life balance. Nothing is expected that is unrealistic.
Productive envirnoment and enjoyed working with staff and faculty.
Manager of Networking and Telecommunications (Former Employee), Irvine, CAMay 17, 2012
The most enjoyable part of the job was helping students, faculty, and staff with there technology needs on a daily basis.
Very little appreciation for employees, no bonuses, poor raises
Network Specialist, Network & Telecom Admin (Former Employee), Irvine, CAApril 7, 2012
Pros: benefits include nearly free education
Cons: no loyalty to employees, hr is uselessdealing with poor work environmrnt, and incompetent managers
Brandman is a part of the Chapman University System. When it was a college within Chapman it was a pretty good place to work. Once it became a separate entity, the management went into the crapper. It became a depressing, demoralizing place to work where employees are just a number and are treated accordingly. There is a big turn over in employees. – more... We had a fantastic, talented and hard working team in IT. When management brought in a new CIO and Director of Technical Services, who were chosen for who they knew not what they knew, everything began to deteriorate. Every person in the Technical Services Dept. complained about the DTS to the CIO and/or HR. HR told us, and I quote: "Suck it up and learn to deal with it." Ultimately 3/4 of the technical services team were terminated so their jobs could be outsourced. Ironically these same people got consistently HIGH reviews on end user satisfaction surveys, but of the numerous things the staff heard about the CIO or DTS, we NEVER heard a positive comment. One vice chancellor even used the word "Useless" to describe the CIO - and the DTS is FAR worse. I would NOT recommend Brandman as a place to work unless you want a nearly free education and are able to tolerate a very poor work environment. – less