Brandman University Employee Reviews

Great Benefits
Human Resources Manager, Benefits (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 3, 2017
This is a place you want to work to achieve a new level of education along with platinum-level benefits. They also have an unheard of retirement program matching dollar for dollar on the first 6% you contribute but then also contribute an additional 3% if you participate or not.
Benefits
Nice place
Event Manager (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 8, 2017
My experience at Brandman was a good one. Management was good. I could not see myself working there for a long time. The culture was ok. Thank you.
Brandman University is great for the working professional
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAMay 25, 2017
I enjoyed the position with Brandman University immensely. I forged professional relationships with people that will last a lifetime. The benefit packages offered are incredible, which makes up for the lack in hourly compensation.
Pros
Benefits, several locations
Cons
Private sector, raises are far and few
Collaborative and Productive Environment
One Stop Specialist II (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 23, 2017
My daily routine consists of answering emails, phone calls, meeting with students (walk in and appointments), reviewing finance options, assisting with registrations and drops, works closely with Academic Advisors and other Departments such as Financial Aid Office, Military Services, Student Services, Student Accounts etc. to ensure student satisfaction and success. I enjoy the group of people I work with and although my boss is a bit disconnected, I enjoy not being micromanaged.
Pros
free lunches, great group of coworkers
Cons
income, minimal opportunity to move up in the company
Productive and fun place to work
Enrollment Caoch (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 16, 2017
A typical day includes taking warm transfers
Conducting phone interviews
Identify appropriate program
Discuss financial obligations and resources

Senior management team, understanding, supportive, encouraging, and flexible.

Co-workers are fun, energetic, and we have developed a family oriented environment. We work together to form a cohesive and high functioning enrollment center.
Pros
Special occasion games, free lunches, and team building events
productive and flexible work environment
Adjunct Faculty Professor (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 4, 2017
This organization enables me to touch the lives of those who are interested in receiving a quality higher learning experience.
Fast paced never a slow period
Director (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 21, 2016
Brandman University is good non-profit University. Brandman is a has a strong leadership and is committed to providing students a special educational experience.
Pros
Paid Christmas break, good 403b plan
Cons
pay is not great, very top heavy management.
Gratifying work
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 7, 2016
Working with Brandman for the past four years has been gratifying and fulfilling work. My position is unfortunately tied to my education so I am no longer able to fulfill my position once I graduate.

I would recommend this employer.
Pros
Team atmosphere, gratification in helping others
Cons
some departmental silos
Great Atmosphere
Student Services One Stop Specialist II (Current Employee) –  WashingtonFebruary 17, 2016
It's a great place to work. The environment is energetic and fun. The central office works close with the campus to assure we are getting support.
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Modeso, CAOctober 14, 2015
I enjoy working at Brandman University as an adjunct instructor. It is great experience and I learn a lot from both faculty partners and students. I enjoy teaching and appreciate the opportunity to help adult learners gain an education and experience.
Pros
Supportive Managment and Staff
Cons
I don't get an opportunity to teach as often as I would like.

Want to know more about Brandman University?

Ask a question
Everyone does care
One Stop Specialist (Current Employee) –  Palm DesertMarch 30, 2015
Like any organization, there will be some flaws, but Brandman does a great job of letting people grow. Management is well in tune with staff, and everyone is very friendly.
Love working here but my position is temporary.
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 9, 2015
I love working at Brandman University. However, my position as a student worker has limitations and I am no longer going to have a job in a couple of months. I would like to continue on in adult education.
Amazing Co workers
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Irvine , CAMarch 3, 2015
Amazing to work for and easy to talk with and working and being trained is a simple task. There is a lot of data entry work but it inst to difficult to get through.
New challenges
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 23, 2014
Great colleagues who challenged by way of thinking in a good way.
Hardest and most rewarding part of the job was being a assigned things tasks I've never done before and learning to make it work.
Pros
Free education
Adjunct computer technology instructor
Adjunct Instructor, Computer Technology Department (Former Employee) –  Oak Harbor, WAAugust 4, 2014
When courses were available, this was a great place to work. The students were primarily military working on degrees during their down time.
The courses were taught in hybrid format, so on-site time was limited to three hours per week over eight weeks.
Management was supportive and, when courses were available, were incredibly helpful. However, I went four semesters in a row where I was offered a class, but it fell through due to lack of enrollments.
Pros
Stimulating courses; attentive students; supportive management
Cons
I could not count on the courses being available.
Great Marketing Team
Marketing Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 18, 2014
Was a good place to work. Great team work going on on a daily basis to move progress forward.
Don't work in IT or HR or Marketing
poor worker bee (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 17, 2014
Lots of Nepotism aka favoritism. Very top heavy organization.

Lots of incompetence especially in upper and IT management. For example no one in IT has ever been promoted to new better and higher paying positions. People are stressed out even by IT standards.

Low morale throughout the company. Lots of female employees and as a result lots of drama. If you are female and you get on someone's bad side expect to be quickly removed and fired. Lots of old crows who don't like you stirring the soup. Lots of people never worked anywhere else except Chapman/Brandman and have no concept of how modern business operates so expect lots of status quo and lots of resistance to change or new ideas. Those who come from corporate leave soon after as they can't deal with the environment and the incredibly high levels of incompetence.

Marketing is a mess. Lots of Drama. HR is useless.They have no say in anything and are afraid to institute real policies. They have high turnover too. They have little organization and poor processes overall. Company typically hires "C" class people that did not make it into A organizations like Google/Blizzard/Other Cool OC Firms or B organizations (everything else).

However Brandman is a good place if you want a free education from an accredited university or if you need a title to start your career. Just don't stay there too long or you will fall behind in what is happening in the rest of the world. Just don't work in IT. IT is by far the worst department in the company due to its upper leadership which is completely unfit to run the organization
  more... and who does not treat people like people. Also expect to receive low pay and lots of expectations to perform above and beyond.  less
Pros
Educational benefits 4+ free clases a year you can get an education, and a nice title
Cons
low pay expect 30% less then market rate, Expect to be treated like trash by management especially in IT.
Friendly work place environment
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Travis AFB, CAMay 12, 2014
I learned how to better interact with people over the phone and in person. I worked with excel and microsoft on a daily basis. My co workers were very helpful and nice.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Work study
Great employee/faculty support
Online Faculty - Adjunct (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 24, 2014
I've really enjoyed both attending and now working for this great institution.
Pros
Helpful assistance, tons of professional development
Cons
Great working with the students persuing their educational dreams
Academic Advisor (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAJanuary 14, 2014
A typical day at work was meeting with students to create Educational Plans for their educational journey. I enjoyed the interaction with the students as well as being an advocate for them when life's bumps occur. My door was always open for them to come
in and talk about a situation. I interacted well with my co-workers as well with management. The hardest part of the job was not getting emotionally involved with my students life crises. The most enjoyable part of the job was to go to commencements and watch my students received their degree..
Pros
Free education to employees
Cons
errors in new computer software

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brandman University. Our community is ready to answer.