Brandman University Employee Reviews in United States

Gratifying work
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 7, 2016
Working with Brandman for the past four years has been gratifying and fulfilling work. My position is unfortunately tied to my education so I am no longer able to fulfill my position once I graduate.

I would recommend this employer.
Pros
Team atmosphere, gratification in helping others
Cons
some departmental silos
Great Atmosphere
Student Services One Stop Specialist II (Current Employee) –  WashingtonFebruary 17, 2016
It's a great place to work. The environment is energetic and fun. The central office works close with the campus to assure we are getting support.
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Modeso, CAOctober 14, 2015
I enjoy working at Brandman University as an adjunct instructor. It is great experience and I learn a lot from both faculty partners and students. I enjoy teaching and appreciate the opportunity to help adult learners gain an education and experience.
Pros
Supportive Managment and Staff
Cons
I don't get an opportunity to teach as often as I would like.
Everyone does care
One Stop Specialist (Current Employee) –  Palm DesertMarch 30, 2015
Like any organization, there will be some flaws, but Brandman does a great job of letting people grow. Management is well in tune with staff, and everyone is very friendly.
Love working here but my position is temporary.
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 9, 2015
I love working at Brandman University. However, my position as a student worker has limitations and I am no longer going to have a job in a couple of months. I would like to continue on in adult education.
Amazing Co workers
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Irvine , CAMarch 3, 2015
Amazing to work for and easy to talk with and working and being trained is a simple task. There is a lot of data entry work but it inst to difficult to get through.
Adjunct computer technology instructor
Adjunct Instructor, Computer Technology Department (Former Employee) –  Oak Harbor, WAAugust 4, 2014
When courses were available, this was a great place to work. The students were primarily military working on degrees during their down time.
The courses were taught in hybrid format, so on-site time was limited to three hours per week over eight weeks.
Management was supportive and, when courses were available, were incredibly helpful. However, I went four semesters in a row where I was offered a class, but it fell through due to lack of enrollments.
Pros
stimulating courses; attentive students; supportive management
Cons
i could not count on the courses being available.
Great Marketing Team
Marketing Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 18, 2014
Was a good place to work. Great team work going on on a daily basis to move progress forward.
Don't work in IT or HR or Marketing
poor worker bee (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 17, 2014
Lots of Nepotism aka favoritism. Very top heavy organization.

Lots of incompetence especially in upper and IT management. For example no one in IT has ever been promoted to new better and higher paying positions. People are stressed out even by IT standards.

Low morale throughout the company. Lots of female employees and as a result lots of drama. If you are female and you get on someone's bad side expect to be quickly removed and fired. Lots of old crows who don't like you stirring the soup. Lots of people never worked anywhere else except Chapman/Brandman and have no concept of how modern business operates so expect lots of status quo and lots of resistance to change or new ideas. Those who come from corporate leave soon after as they can't deal with the environment and the incredibly high levels of incompetence.

Marketing is a mess. Lots of Drama. HR is useless.They have no say in anything and are afraid to institute real policies. They have high turnover too. They have little organization and poor processes overall. Company typically hires "C" class people that did not make it into A organizations like Google/Blizzard/Other Cool OC Firms or B organizations (everything else).

However Brandman is a good place if you want a free education from an accredited university or if you need a title to start your career. Just don't stay there too long or you will fall behind in what is happening in the rest of the world. Just don't work in IT. IT is by far the worst department in the company due to its upper leadership which is completely unfit to run the organization and who does
  more... not treat people like people. Also expect to receive low pay and lots of expectations to perform above and beyond.  less
Pros
educational benefits 4+ free clases a year you can get an education, and a nice title
Cons
low pay expect 30% less then market rate, expect to be treated like trash by management especially in it.
Friendly work place environment
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Travis AFB, CAMay 12, 2014
I learned how to better interact with people over the phone and in person. I worked with excel and microsoft on a daily basis. My co workers were very helpful and nice.
Pros
good hours
Cons
work study
Great employee/faculty support
Online Faculty - Adjunct (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 24, 2014
I've really enjoyed both attending and now working for this great institution.
Pros
helpful assistance, tons of professional development
Great working with the students persuing their educational dreams
Academic Advisor (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAJanuary 14, 2014
A typical day at work was meeting with students to create Educational Plans for their educational journey. I enjoyed the interaction with the students as well as being an advocate for them when life's bumps occur. My door was always open for them to come
in and talk about a situation. I interacted well with my co-workers as well with management. The hardest part of the job was not getting emotionally involved with my students life crises. The most enjoyable part of the job was to go to commencements and watch my students received their degree..
Pros
free education to employees
Cons
errors in new computer software
Interesting colleagues, fairly predictable but steady work
Online Sociology Instructor (Current Employee) –  OnlineAugust 26, 2013
I teach online sociology courses for Brandman, and I have had a good experience teaching everything from Social Theory to Research Proposal Writing. My greatest strength, I believe, is in helping students sharpen their critical thinking skills.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
i usually teach only one course at a time.
Great place to work with added bonus of tuition benefit
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 12, 2013
A typical day includes working on tasks to achieve the ultimate goal of providing an excellent place for students. The people that work here are friendly and work is enjoyable. They have activities to bring the employees together like BBQs. Nice place to work overall.
Pros
tuition benefit and a week off in december
Cons
okay pay
Fast Paced Environment With Great CoWorkers
Systems Analyst, IT Projects (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 6, 2013
The University is a great place to work, but is very fast paced. My coworkers are easily the most enjoyable part of my job. The work can be interesting, but is poorly managed in most departments. The hardest part of my job is prioritizing projects and tasks as well as receive the correct tools to accomplish my job adequately.
Pros
coworkers, interesting tasks/projects
Cons
management ill equipped to manage, unable to communicate or make informed decisions.
Technical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Yuba City, CAJune 8, 2013
This job was fun because I love technology and was able to implement it to help the student in the computer labs at school
Horrible Place to work
Academic Advisor (Former Employee) –  MontereyMarch 25, 2013
Treated like yesterday’s trash. Regional Management is the worst I've ever seen. If this place doesn't make a complete turn-around, it is going to close its doors soon. Brandman does not value employees OR students. It's a lot like a high-school popularity contest, with bullies!

I would not recommend taking classes there. Students will basically be on their own at a school that costs an arm & a leg!
Cons
regional manager, deans, chancellor all focused on $$$, not education!
Horrible Place To Be
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  IrvineMay 31, 2012
Treated like yesterday’s trash. Management hired friends or family and gave them huge packages with little to no experience. Couldn't swing a dead cat without hitting a Vice Chancellor of something. Very stressful place to be and started to effect health for many staff workers. Huge employee turnover. I would not recommend taking classes there or working there.
Pros
staff watching out for each other
Cons
management, chancellor, deans...
producutive and fun place to work
HR Liaison (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 30, 2012
This place creates a work/life balance. Nothing is expected that is unrealistic.
Productive envirnoment and enjoyed working with staff and faculty.
Manager of Networking and Telecommunications (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 17, 2012
The most enjoyable part of the job was helping students, faculty, and staff with there technology needs on a daily basis.