Brandon Regional Hospital Employee Reviews

Long hours in ER and no lunch
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLNovember 15, 2017
See above- long hours and often no lunch. Management was often not on the side of the nurse and staff was unappreciated. Often urged to falsify times for the sake of HCA billboard wait times. Also managers at the time were always getting fired and staff morale was at anall time low. Times above patient care was not for me.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Management and culture
HCA only cares about stockholders
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Brandon, FLOctober 27, 2017
HCA puts profits before staff and patients. They need to reinvest some of their profits into new equipment, better training and properly maintaining there facilities!
Pros
3 day work week
Cons
can't change corporate culture, nothing changes for the better
Great management team
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLOctober 27, 2017
The job was challenging some days and easy other days, depending on patient intake. The management team I worked under were great people. They made the work environment interesting and tried to make it fun for most people. I would work for this company again. I left on good terms and would be welcome back as well.
Cons
had to work most holidays and weekends were rotated.
Nursing Student
Nursing Student Clinical Rotations (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLSeptember 26, 2017
I rotated through Brandon Regional Hospital as a student and enjoyed my experience. The nursing staff was friendly and very knowledgeable. My favorite rotations were in the ER and the ICU where I felt the nurses had the most knowledge and were eager to teach.
Great place to advance your career.
Transporter/OR Aide (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLSeptember 23, 2017
Great place to work. Allowed me to advance in my career. Management is great and they worked with my schedule. I would recommend anyone i personally know to work here as a transporter.
Staff works together efficiently
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLSeptember 6, 2017
Fast paced work environment, personal care provided to patients, very physical job requiring transferring of patients, assisting patients with physical therapy.
Pros
guaranteed brakes
Cons
physically demanding
Okay place to work
Emergency Room RN, PRN (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLSeptember 1, 2017
This job was nice as a part-time position. Although the culture was good, the management was very limited. The hardest part of my job was lack of teamwork but the most enjoyable was saving the patient during trauma type situations
Management within the Emergency dept was not very caring for patients or staff. Acuity of the patient was not always considered when bringing the client back for treatment.
I did not really learn much as I came with a lot of current experience in emergency nursing
Pros
Working for the patient
rn
Registered Nurse, Mother/Baby Unit (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLAugust 31, 2017
Great environment to work in. Pay could be improved. Management has since changed so I can't speak to how things are 3 years later.................................
my coworkers were great
Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Brandon, FLAugust 22, 2017
I had great coworkers but I couldn't handle the anxiety of never know what I was going to be thrown into. I was hired as a unit coordinator but what nobody ever told me that sometimes that meant you had to be a "sitter". which is something I did not sign up for and really really disliked.
Pros
cheap lunch, nurse schedule
Cons
no breaks, barely any lunch time, zero communication
Supportive team, fast-paced, rewarding
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Brandon, FLAugust 9, 2017
I have learned so much here. My co-workers are great and supportive. Compensation is good with alot of added benefits and discounts. Many opportunities to learn and develop further in your career.
Pros
Teamwork, Career Development
Cons
A great place to work, learn and great for new nurses
Register Nurse (Current Employee) –  Brandon, FLJuly 26, 2017
Great Place to Work and a friendly environment, Self schedule, clean environment, up-to- date equipment. Open door to management, directors and CEO. Great place to start for new nurses. Very diverse workplace, will get chance to meet different cultures of people.
Pros
Union Job for RN only
Cons
Sometimes short of staff
Stepping stone
Progressive Care Unit Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Brandon, FLJuly 24, 2017
Great place to get your feet wet and learn. The patient to RN ratio is to high on the PCU floor and the pay scale does not reflect the expectations or demands.
I like to work at brandon on the labor and delivery floor as a unit coordinator
Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLJuly 15, 2017
I experienced something Ive always wanted to do I got to learn about the soft ware used to scan, and label the babies, I prepared the charts using the doctors orders it was a great experience and a lot to learn in which I like
Pros
learning new experiences
Working at Brandon!
Certified Nursing Assistant/ Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Brandon, FLJune 27, 2017
I have been working for Brandon for 3 years and what I like about it is that I can be myself around my coworkers and manager. We are very professional with the care that we provide and we all consider ourselves as family.
Wonderful co-workers. Management more concerned with production.
Ultrasound Technologist (Current Employee) –  Brandon, FLMay 31, 2017
Although I do love my co-workers, I have found that production and the bottom line money wise comes first. There is always a stressful attitude about how many patients you get done, and how fast. What ever happened to total patient care?
Pros
We all need a paycheck. Right?
Cons
No breaks. 30 minute lunches. ER personnel rude.
n/a
Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLMay 29, 2017
I really enjoyed working in the admitting dept, there was so much to learn and see. Nothing was ever the same. Management was very helpful with teaching new procedures.
wouldnt recoomend
Float Pool Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLMay 1, 2017
this place was horrible for the techs we each had 20 patients a piece and that was a general med surge floor , and most of them were totals and you were left alone to do the work required for shift change
Director of Women and Infant Services (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLApril 20, 2017
Busy facility for Women and Childrens Hospital with an overall good rating from the WCS patients Culture needs improvement. No further comments at this time.
Pros
Large corporation
Cons
location
Brh
RN floor nurse (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FloridaApril 20, 2017
All in all i was grateful for the opportunity and training I received. In the end, it the nurse to patient ratio was too high. The pressure on each Nurse was tremendous and there was a lot of in fighting between the staff... I really did appreciate the opportunity and training but in the end it just wasn't for me.
Pros
Training
Cons
too many patients for each Nurse
Always short staffed
Intensive Care Unit (ICU)- Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Brandon, FLMarch 29, 2017
Always short on staff. Have to leave the unit to get own blood. we never have a unit secretary. And now they are tripling icu nurses. No educator also, so if i needed to learn or ask questions, not many to turn to.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brandon Regional Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Brandon Regional Hospital Reviews by Location