Brandon Regional Hospital

Brandon Regional Hospital Employee Reviews

Fast paced environment keeps you busy
Registrar (Current Employee), Brandon, FLMarch 14, 2015
Learned to work well with others. Experienced working with clinical staff. Always doing something. Many learning experiences available.
Very challenging and greatest learning environment
LPTA (Former Employee), Brandon, FLFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: wonderful learning experience and great small hosp. environment
Cons: too much lifting of pt's until we taught the staff how to use a hoyer lift.
This was a full time position and very busy with in house and out-patients as well as emergency patients.I learned so much about working together and about a vast variety of diagnosis. Co-workers were great but the manager could be difficult but this helped to develop my professional attitude.I loved this job !
Great coworkers
Certified Surgical Technologist (Current Employee), Brandon, FLJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: great coworkers
Cons: hardly ever got lunch relief.
The hospital is very geared toward profit as the overall bottom line. This means, no raises above the mandatory 2.25 each year. Even if your work extra days during low staff times or coming on your days off because they need help or had call offs. You never got anything more than the straight forward amount. I was informed that you would have to sign up for 10 different panels on your off time to qualify for anything above the standard.

Management in my area was very poor. Delegation was extreme and even with all the extra work you still never got anything in return, it became your extra work from then on. Then they would add even more but still no compensation.

Doctors in my area were allowed to act inappropriately.
Review of Brandon Reginal Hospital
MATERIAL MANAGEMENT (Former Employee), Brandon, FLJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: the shift/no weekends
Cons: inventory
My everyday routine would be unloading of several pallets of surgical
supplies for the O.R.Stocking of supplie room on a daily basis.
The management was good,was fair to everyone.When you needed a day off for something they did not hesitate to give you the day,as long as the work was completed.
The hardest part of the job was doing the inventory every six months.
The most enjoyable was working in paradise(Florida),also the coworkers I had had.
I ENJOYED working for Brandon Regional Hospital. I should have never left.Hopefully they will consider me again in the neer future.
Customer Service Oriented Hospital
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Brandon, FLJanuary 5, 2015
Make sure employees are heard and are making great changes at this hospital.
fun place to work
Unit Coordinator (Current Employee), Brandon, FLJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: nice co workers
Cons: only one break, no chance for advancement
Brandon Regional is a fun place to work. It is very fast paced but very rewarding at the same time.
really fun when everyone works together
RN (Current Employee), Brandon, FLJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: birthday lunch is free
Cons: there is 30minute break for 12 hours, also no coverage to help for break
I have been a nurse at this hospital since 2007.I started as a cardiac observation nurse.Later worked in Neuro floor,PCU,and Admission unit.I am also assigned to do charge RN on days where CNC is not available.I try to help my co-workers when I get free time (which is seldom,as we are always busy).I spend a lot of time with my patients if I get a chance.Co-workers also help if and when they get a chance.The hardest part of job is getting patients' towards shift change.The most enjoyable moments are when we bring in food and share together,also when one is drowning the other comes to help.
Good employees
Radiology Receptionist (Current Employee), Brandon, FLNovember 29, 2014
The current employees are very pleasant and very helpful. The ones I had t chance to work with are very experienced and knowledgeable.
great job
certified nurse assistant (Former Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 27, 2014
Pros: rewards for good service
Cons: n/a
I loved this company awesome place to work was a happy employee
enjoyable working atmosphere
In-patient Clinical Pharmacist (Current Employee), Brandon, FLSeptember 19, 2014
The pharmacy is usually very busy but organized. The main goal is to provide outstanding patient care in a safe and efficient environment.
Great Hospital
Nurse (Former Employee), Brandon, FLSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: great hospital
Cons: poor management
I loved everything about this job except turnover of management, constant changes were made.
OK
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee), Brandon, FLSeptember 9, 2014
This was to long ago the write a truthful statement. Nothing else to say
Transporter (Former Employee), Brandon, FLJuly 9, 2014
Always worked at a fast pace but great way to learn how a hospital setting is ran. Also great dfeeling to help the patients.
productive & comfortable work place
HOUSEKEEPING (Former Employee), Brandon, FLJune 2, 2014
working hard as a team or as an individual .
caring for others, staying devoted & being very responsible and committed as well.
Paramedic (Current Employee), Brandon, FLMay 13, 2014
Good corporation to work for. Excellent opportunity to promote.
very busy workplace
Nurse Tech / Unit Coordinator (Current Employee), Brandon Fla.April 27, 2014
Very busy work place , work on a Cardio floor so you are always doing something. For the most part most of my co-workers are great to work with. The best part of my job is seeing open heart patients go home to start a new life. And all the great work they have done it is so totally awesome. I'm very much a people person so I really get to know my patient and family. There are some awesome people who work there.
Every body is a team player which makes the job runs snoother
Patient Information Operator (Former Employee), Brandon, FLApril 7, 2014
Pros: at christmas, you get go the christmas luncheon
Cons: n/a
A typical day at Brandon Regional Hospitl is when calls come from patien's family and they are worried about their loved ones. These families would tell me that they don't know the extension number in order to contact them.
You can hear in these families voices that they are worried and nervous. I try to calm them down by usually telling them to take deep breathes. This seems to help alot . From there on I can transfer them to their loved ones.
I learnt that they are some policies you can not do. You can not give out the Nurse's Station phone numbers. You are supposed to transfer the call directly to the Nurse's Station.
I also learnt that when their is a patient in the hospital who should not recived calls form relatives or friends due to some circumstances, do not transfer the call.
I get along with my co-workers well and they always give me some tips to make my job easier.
Te hardest part of the job is that some people call and the phone is not clear enough so that you can hear or has a lot of statics.
The best part is that when a customer comes in to see a patient and they say Thank You with a smile, then you know you have done a job well done.
great place to work
Insurance Verifier (Former Employee), Brandon, FLMarch 24, 2014
Loved my co-workers like family. Nice hospital. Flexible schedule.
LOVE IT
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Brandon, FLMarch 18, 2014
Pros: awesome place to work, friendly people, fun work enviroment
THIS IS AN AWESOME PLACE TO WORK. FRIENDLY PEOPLE GREAT PLACE TO ADVANCE.
Engaging workplace
Nuclear Medicine Technology Externship (Former Employee), Brandon, FLFebruary 10, 2014
Brandon regional has a wonderful Nuclear Medicine department. The technologists are friendly and willing to help out. They are very knowledgeable and very thorough with explanation of procedures.

1 2 3

About Brandon Regional Hospital

Creating a culture of commitment and compassion, One Person at at time! Brandon Regional Hospital is committed to providing – Read more

Brandon Regional Hospital Salaries