Brandon Woods Employee Reviews

brandon woods was a great place to work
floor teck (Former Employee) –  KSOctober 24, 2015
I realy did enjoyie working for Brandon woods the ceo realy was inpressed with my work while I was enployied there she said she didn't even have to worry any more about her carpts because of how clean I keept them over all management didn't have to worry at all about me they knew that I knew what I was doing while I was employied there
Great place to start your CNA /CMA career
Certified Nurse Aide/Certified Medication Aide (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSJuly 6, 2015
I enjoyed working with the residents that lived there. It was a great learning experience when your a fresh CNA or an CMA.
Cna
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSMay 18, 2014
Take care of client's individualized needs
I learned to always prioritize my time and be a good team member to allow each and every resident to receive the highest level of care possible. Coworkers were sometimes difficult as everyone does not enjoy being a team member. The hardest part of the job is to watch residents suffer when they become increasingly sick and/or passing away. The most enjoyable part of the job is the undeniable bond that you achieve when assisting residents with various aspects to continue living with the highest quality of life possible. Also, the joy that comes from helping others.
Pros
kind residents
Cons
short breaks, high turn over rate, lack of supervision
Its a nice facility and is now under new management
RN floor nurse and charge nurse (Former Employee) –  lawrence, ksJuly 2, 2013
At the time I worked there the management is different than it is now so I am sure a lot has changed. At the time there were many shifts that had to be worked short staffed. The pay is decent and it was a good place for a nurse just out of school to work
busy work environment
Payroll Clerk/HR assistant (Former Employee) –  South Dartmouth, MAAugust 18, 2012
i learned human resource skills, i started as a payroll clerk and worked my way up to doing human resource work
Pros
decent pay, great benefits..working monday through friday with weekends off
Cons
dealing with close to 200 employees handing out there paychecks.
GREAT place to be
student clinical affiliation (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSJanuary 12, 2014
i met so many great people and made some life long connections while at my clinical rotation. i would really enjoy going back and working for this company after school.
Pros
great place to be
Cons
non
Good place to work for over-all
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSMay 9, 2014
I worked as a housekeeper but I found out that I would enjoy more working as a Caregiver/ CNA.
Pros
nice people to work for
Cons
launch was not free
Fast pace, good environment.
Work as PRN (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, KSJune 29, 2014
Very fun place to work. fast paced environment at times. good people all the way around
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
understaffed at times
Clean friendly enviorment
Laundry aide (Former Employee) –  New Bedford MassachusettsFebruary 24, 2012
Partime work only requiring some training no heavy lifting
Pros
20 minute breaks, half hour lunch
Cons
health insurance
community
Dietary Aid (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSApril 23, 2013
setting up dining room for the residents
complete the needs met for each residents
Summary
Clinicals (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSMarch 28, 2014
• Answer patient call signals, signal lights, bells, or intercom systems to determine patients' needs.
• Change bed linens or make beds.
• Clean and sanitize patient rooms, bathrooms, examination rooms, or other patient areas.
• Communicate with patients to ascertain feelings or need for assistance or social and emotional support.
• Document or otherwise report observations of patient behavior, complaints, or physical symptoms to nurses.
• Feed patients or assist patients to eat or drink.
• Measure and record food and liquid intake or urinary and fecal output, reporting changes to medical or nursing staff.
• Provide physical support to assist patients to perform daily living activities, such as getting out of bed, bathing, dressing, using the toilet, standing, walking, or exercising.
• Record height or weight of patients.
• Record vital signs, such as temperature, blood pressure, pulse, or respiration rate, as directed by medical or nursing staff.
• Review patients' dietary restrictions, food allergies, and preferences to ensure patient receives appropriate diet.
• Supply, collect, or empty bedpans.
• Undress, wash, and dress patients who are unable to do so for themselves.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brandon Woods. Our community is ready to answer.

Brandon Woods Reviews by Location