Brandt Employee Reviews

Best job ever
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bensalem, PADecember 29, 2017
I used to love working at Brandt. I started as a receptionist, and ended up running the admin department so my manager could do other projects. It was a great job with great benefits, but I left to be a stay at home mom.
Great Industrial Design
Intern and apprentice Drafter (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXDecember 5, 2017
Mostly what I did at this place was color. I mean color as in review drafting designs, schematics, and other forms of paper work as well as printing. You get a fast idea of how construction works and what is necessary to build and create items. I did work on the Dallas Cowboys practice field as well as many other projects. It was a very fun experience.
no organization
Sheet Metal Worker (Current Employee) –  CC, TxOctober 5, 2017
Will squeeze you for every hard earned sweat and not appreciate your contribution. Management is not professional and focus on too much work gossip rather than simple wok solutions. Advice to management is take care of the ones who show up day in and day out without complaining.
Safe to work for Brandt
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXSeptember 22, 2017
Brandt's number one priority is to for everyone to work at the safest environment as possible. They have meetings every Monday morning to talk about what improvements can be done to make working more safe and how to be careful and what things to avoid doing. Everyone is required to have their PPE on at the job site at all times for the safety of yourself, if not you would be sent home. Brandt is the number one company with the least of injuries.
Productive and fun at the Production Machine
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Palatine, ILSeptember 13, 2016
A typical day at work involves checking and running the injection machine injecting gaskets into the lids. I've learned how to operate the machine and run the procedures in case something goes wrong. The management is great because they're not making me nervous by peering over my shoulder. My co-workers are easy to get along and provide a team effort when needed. The Job isn't hard as long as you don't panic. The most enjoyable part of the job is when it runs smooth and the time goes swiftly and before you know it, it's time to go
Pros
Pizza Parties when the company reaches over a status quo
Cons
Short breaks, Moving furthur into the north suburbs soon
Family oriented
Office Assistant/Production (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNAugust 8, 2016
Great owners and employees there that owners do care about the employees well-being and how their job overall is. Wholesome good people that follow the rules and guidelines just to the radio and they do it with her head held high
Productive and positive work environment
Electrician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 28, 2016
Work places.alot of travelling worked on Time Warner hubs all thought south tx. worked on schools wireing in panels.ruffing in class rooms ,Laboratories.runing home runs to different areas of new additions
Quality workplace,Great co-workers with an excellent work environment
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 13, 2016
the work day was as expected, learned a lot about my job duties =. my co-worker were very helpful willing to teach me the "tracks of the trade"
Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  Palatine, ILApril 19, 2016
overseeing the production floor operations. scheduling work to be done during the course of the day. Good co-workers. changing the moral of the employees.Teaching the employees. over all a good fast paced company with a good future.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Nice Flexible place to work
Owner (Current Employee) –  Monticello, UTJanuary 31, 2016
Great place to work, flexible hours, but just seasonal work.
learn a variety of skills, from building furniture, barns, sheds, houses, decks, to making wood molding, and log siding. Also do a lot of firewood, bulk and bundles. Operating chainsaw, log splitter and wood bundler.
Nice Company
Office services expediter (Current Employee) –  New York, N.Y. 10028August 31, 2015
Been in business for over a century, but the position does not allow any advancement.
Often yelled at and disrespected during high pressure times, very little recognition.
Pros
Free Monthly metro cards, 401k
Cons
no advancement, outdated mentality towards office services staff
Its a productive company
Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXMarch 27, 2015
The company is a straight forward company if you work hard for them then you get treated right if not and your lazy the company doesnt tolerate laziness.
Company sold out and closed doors.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IASeptember 15, 2014
Vice President was a nice guy and easy to work with, President on the other hand never had bills paid on time therefore employees could not get work done until those bills were paid.
Cons
short breaks, high insurance
Given many Opportunites
Printing Production Specialist (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IASeptember 10, 2014
Every day was a new challenge. To be able to create and exceed customer expectations on a daily basis. I was constantly learning new things, how to improve myself and become more efficient. Loved working with my manager and I am definitely a people person. Positive attitude towards different situations. I tend to look at the glass as half full rather than half empty. There was really nothing that I felt was to hard but rather a challenge. I loved to be the one called on for the difficult projects. I loved the Printing industry. I have gone from offset to the digital world. Learned so much from creating files in Word/Adobe to saving files in different formats, to using hot folder. Working with servers. Of course running the programs and equipment. With my experience I am now able to use these applications in so many different job opportunities.
Decent company before sellout.
Pressman (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJuly 14, 2014
Was a decent company to work for until they sold the business,resulting in the loss of jobs for most of the production staff.
An excellent company, however the company doesn't exist in Atlanta anymore. They moved back to Pennsylvania.
Systems Programmer/Applications Tester (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GaJanuary 8, 2014
Progressive, upbeat company to work for. I did a lot of leading edge type programming.
Great work experience
Sheet metal journeyman (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 7, 2014
Great working experience, lots of information gained from the jobs I worked on. My co-workers were helpful and also made the job fun. Learned different skills and techniques for fitting duct work, layout and fabricating duct.
Big company where accomplishments are not easily seen or rewarded
Project/Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Schertz, TXDecember 5, 2013
Produce quotes, created jobs, scheduled manpower, invoiced previously worked jobs, job walks for work needing pricing. was 24/7 to my customer Time Warner Cable. Would answer after hour calls, dispatch electrician, if non able to responsed I would go. I big emergency I always responded. Assisted our HVAC personell in job walks for cooling tower, chiller, and boiler change outs. For electrical pricing. Worked for Brandt for 6 1/2 years I was the longest tenored office employee at the time of my lay off.
Pros
Large company respected by multitued of customers
Cons
There 6 1/5 years not one raise in pay, bonus few and far between.
Estimator (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXSeptember 13, 2013
Brandt promotes personal professional growth. They created Brandt University, which brings the classroom to the workplace. They pay you to learn!
Pros
Great facility to work in.
Cons
Productive company. Puts their clients first and on top.
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 9, 2013
Work started immediately as soon as you got in to work. Clients always called to find out regarding their case and the status. We had to also keep communication with the county and city where we filed petitions with the clerks. Keep the calendars updated at all times. It was a small section but I could also count on my co-workers whenever we needed help. We got along pretty good and were always there to giving a helping hand to whom ever needed it.
Pros
Team players, free lunch or dinner when the office was busy.