Brandt Employee Reviews

Given many Opportunites
Printing Production Specialist (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IASeptember 10, 2014
Every day was a new challenge. To be able to create and exceed customer expectations on a daily basis. I was constantly learning new things, how to improve myself and become more efficient. Loved working with my manager and I am definitely a people person. Positive attitude towards different situations. I tend to look at the glass as half full rather than half empty. There was really nothing that I felt was to hard but rather a challenge. I loved to be the one called on for the difficult projects. I loved the Printing industry. I have gone from offset to the digital world. Learned so much from creating files in Word/Adobe to saving files in different formats, to using hot folder. Working with servers. Of course running the programs and equipment. With my experience I am now able to use these applications in so many different job opportunities.
Big company where accomplishments are not easily seen or rewarded
Project/Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Schertz, TXDecember 5, 2013
Produce quotes, created jobs, scheduled manpower, invoiced previously worked jobs, job walks for work needing pricing. was 24/7 to my customer Time Warner Cable. Would answer after hour calls, dispatch electrician, if non able to responsed I would go. I big emergency I always responded. Assisted our HVAC personell in job walks for cooling tower, chiller, and boiler change outs. For electrical pricing. Worked for Brandt for 6 1/2 years I was the longest tenored office employee at the time of my lay off.
Pros
large company respected by multitued of customers
Cons
there 6 1/5 years not one raise in pay, bonus few and far between.
Productive company. Puts their clients first and on top.
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 9, 2013
Work started immediately as soon as you got in to work. Clients always called to find out regarding their case and the status. We had to also keep communication with the county and city where we filed petitions with the clerks. Keep the calendars updated at all times. It was a small section but I could also count on my co-workers whenever we needed help. We got along pretty good and were always there to giving a helping hand to whom ever needed it.
Pros
team players, free lunch or dinner when the office was busy.
Nice Company
Office services expediter (Current Employee) –  New York, N.Y. 10028August 31, 2015
Been in business for over a century, but the position does not allow any advancement.
Often yelled at and disrespected during high pressure times, very little recognition.
Pros
Free Monthly metro cards, 401k
Cons
no advancement, outdated mentality towards office services staff
Great work experience
Sheet metal journeyman (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 7, 2014
Great working experience, lots of information gained from the jobs I worked on. My co-workers were helpful and also made the job fun. Learned different skills and techniques for fitting duct work, layout and fabricating duct.
Company sold out and closed doors.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IASeptember 15, 2014
Vice President was a nice guy and easy to work with, President on the other hand never had bills paid on time therefore employees could not get work done until those bills were paid.
Cons
short breaks, high insurance
An excellent company, however the company doesn't exist in Atlanta anymore. They moved back to Pennsylvania.
Systems Programmer/Applications Tester (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GaJanuary 8, 2014
Progressive, upbeat company to work for. I did a lot of leading edge type programming.
Its a productive company
Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXMarch 27, 2015
The company is a straight forward company if you work hard for them then you get treated right if not and your lazy the company doesnt tolerate laziness.
Estimator (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXSeptember 13, 2013
Brandt promotes personal professional growth. They created Brandt University, which brings the classroom to the workplace. They pay you to learn!
Pros
great facility to work in.
Family-Like Atmosphere
Legal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 13, 2013
Smaller firm with experience in various legal aspects. Employees have worked here for years.
Pros
hours 8:00 - 4:00 & benefits
Cons
no 401(k)
Decent company before sellout.
Pressman (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJuly 14, 2014
Was a decent company to work for until they sold the business,resulting in the loss of jobs for most of the production staff.
Great PLace to work
BIM Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 17, 2012
Great co workers, on the cutting edge of technology in the industry.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
corporate red tape