Brandywine Hospital Employee Reviews

Fast paced environment
Unit Clerk- ICU/CCU (Former Employee) –  Coatesville, PAMay 8, 2017
Transcribing doctors orders and entering them into computer.
You learn how to cope with trauma situations.
Deal with urgent care in the blink of an eye.
Help reassure families of the patients about their care.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Trauma situations
Nice place to work for learning
Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  Coatesville, PAApril 21, 2017
I learned alot from this facility. It was my externship for school so I spent 3 months learnig about different surgeries to move on to a permanent position
Bwh
Emergency Room Technician (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaApril 20, 2017
I received a lot of skills from this hospital and learned the basics of emergency care while I was here. This was my first hospital job outside of EMT school
high paced and provides much needed acute care experience
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Coatesville, PAMarch 30, 2017
Brandywine Hospital has offered me a diverse amount of experience and ways to improve my nursing skills. My coworkers are excellent to work with and there is a wide variety of patients. It has been a good starting point for me in acute care.
people work together
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coatesville, PAMarch 27, 2017
people work together and decent pay and they will compensate people for coming in for over time and the shift goes by fast decent size hospital and you get your mandatory 40 if they hire a person full time
Pros
great pay
Cons
idk
Very nice place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant/ PCA (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaMarch 26, 2017
Doing rounds, getting you checks done and V. S done listing to report finding out what was up with your patience, Bed Baths, best part of the job is a big Thank-You for doing your job.
Pros
being able to talk with the patience for a few mins.
Cons
never got on break on time..LOL
A great place to get hospital experience
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Coatesville, PAMarch 13, 2017
Brandywine Hospital is far from perfect. However, there are some great doctors and nurses there and it's generally a supportive work environment. If your looking for a state of the art workplace or superb Staffing, look elsewhere. Remember it's a small hospital serving an often poor demographic with all that that brings. Overall, I enjoy working there and recommend it as long as you go in with open eyes and don't expect a big city hospital experience.
Pros
Family atmosphere
Cons
Poor staffing and limited resources
Customer Service
Registrar (Current Employee) –  Coatesville, PAFebruary 27, 2017
Customer Service is an important part in working in a hospital setting. Greeting customers, having the capacity to smile and be helpful even through difficult interactions are important.
Terrible place to work!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Coatesville, PASeptember 21, 2016
Don't believe the good reviews, I am sure they are manufactured. Let's start off by saying most if not all employees would not want to receive care in this hospital. It's absolutely filthy, high turnover, low pay, emergency room is ill equipped, Security guards are mostly children wearing uniforms, Behavioral health run by incompetents, med surg ok, horrible housekeeping is the worst.
Pros
Having a job
Cons
Filthy and poorly staffed with incompetent and unprofessional management
Got along with all co-workers in our department
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Coatesville, PAJuly 7, 2016
Enjoyed helping patients with their balances on the hospital claims. Putting them on a payment plan making phone calls to remind them about the payment.
Pros
helping patients with their balances
Cons
was unset that the billing department moved
Not the best
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Coatesville, PAJune 19, 2016
Staffing ratios aren't safe. Pay is not good. During weather emergency cafeteria closed and everyone did not eat even though we had to sleep there for 1+ days. I wouldn't send a dying dog to that place. Revolving door with staffing. Not a good place to work or be a patient
Great people, team oriented, family
Certified Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Coatesville, PAApril 5, 2016
Great people to work with, very team oriented, and family like. Nurses, surgical techs, anesthesia, and OR management work very hard to accommodate patients and ensure their safety while in our care.
N/a
Psychiatric Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Coatesville, PAFebruary 28, 2016
A typical a day of work consists of multi-tasking, efficiency, time management while serving the clients from a strength based perspective and cultural sensitivity.
Very productive and fun atmoshere and good team players
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coatesville, PADecember 18, 2015
I loved working at Brandywine Hospital. The administrative staff are wonderful and very helpful in any situation when it comes to their staff. They are willing to work with you with any accommodations you may need. The pay could have been better but they make up for it by teaching you things that enhance your scope of practice. They have many opportunities for career advancement as well.
Pros
career advancement opportunities, excellent working environment, well staffed, great team players
Cons
short breaks with long shifts, not very competitive pay offered
Crazy but busy
Staff RN - ICU (Current Employee) –  Coatesville, PANovember 4, 2015
Love working in a small community hospital - But working for a For Profit company owned hospital can be frustrating - the cost is more important than the care
Learned many different skills throughout the facility. Conquered daily challenges with a subtle satisfaction. Time constraints met.
office coordinator (Former Employee) –  Coatesville, PANovember 3, 2015
The position was eliminated d\t downsizing. I enjoyed working with the employees, and grateful for the time and opportunity.
Great Co workers Interesting patients
Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Coatesville, PASeptember 29, 2015
40 hours a week plus call and holidays.
Very heavy on Vascular studies
Work alone manage many things at once and work closely with the ER doctors, PA's and Nurse Practitioners
Working an off shift is the hardest part.
My co workers are the best part of my job as well as interacting with patients.
This is a behavioral health facility.
Pros
Local
Cons
Alone, Off shift
not a great place to work
Director of Pharmacy (Current Employee) –  Coatesville, PASeptember 27, 2015
The administration does not believe in compensating employees or staffing appropriately. The CNO, CFO and CEO make in excess of 95 per hour. This information was leaked out in an email by the hr department of how much each employee earns. Of course, no disciplinary action was taken against this employee. Over all a bad culture and poor medical care with sub par doctors.
Pros
the grounds are nice
Cons
bad management and c-suite
Good staff position
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Coatesville, PASeptember 25, 2015
It is a great place to work to see a variety of diagnosis, but some staff have been there a while and not progressive. The management is not into making clinic more progressive and does not provide any continuing education. Limited funds to get access for more updated equipment and slow for change to occur.
Pros
Great benefits and pay
Cons
Limited resources to perform job; no continuing education; no room for growth in profession
Energetic and Fun Place to work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Coatesville, PASeptember 22, 2015
The staff and my co-workers were all great team players. Each person brought a bit of spark into the work place. I loved the fast pace of working in the ER and the Lab. The most enjoyable part of the day for me, was seeing my re-occurring patients. And knowing that they were well pleased with my work. I always look forward to seeing their smiling faces each week. Overall, Brandywine Hospital is a great place to work.
Pros
incentives and awards and sometimes free food
Cons
short lunch time and very few breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brandywine Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9