Brandywine Hospital

Brandywine Hospital United States Employee Reviews

Lousy place to work, high turn over
Maitenance (Former Employee), Coatesville, PASeptember 29, 2014
Cons: no real raises
stay away from that place, osha should do random inspections, not a safe place to work
Productive and organzied place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Coatesville, PASeptember 17, 2014
I gained expereince and knowledge here that helped me further my education elsewhere.
Productive Place to work
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee), Coatesville, PAAugust 19, 2014
Pros: free lunches
This was a wonderful joyous place to work at. With me being new at first they made me fit right in. Coming to work here was great and we all worked together as a team.
Fun place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Coatesville, PAJune 7, 2014
Good place to work at the beginning of your career for stepping stone.
Enjoy my job
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Coatesville, PAApril 30, 2014
Currently work as a staff/charge nurse on the weekends, enjoy working. My coworkers are wonderful!
Buyer/Purchasing (Current Employee), Coatesville, PAFebruary 24, 2014
Nurses are great, staff is always there to help. Management is always trying to figure a new way to make things better.
Great teamwork
Staff Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Behavioral Health UnitDecember 16, 2013
Pros: great director, self scheduling
Cons: health insurance is expensive
Great team of nurses in the BHU. The supervisors are mostly great. The hospital is struggling to overcome a bad reputation and is doing a good job.
Enjoyed providing for the patients
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Coatesville, PADecember 13, 2013
*Typical day at work was drawing blood from both inpatient and outpatients.
* I enjoyed the patients.
* I learned to stand for what you believe is right
Busy environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Coatesville, PASeptember 19, 2013
Extremely busy Administrative Office.
Worked with Senior Administration and assisted Nursing Directors for the hospital (6).
Handled all patient and family concerns.
Loved the leadership experience provided at Brandywine
Director, Progressive Care (Former Employee), Coatesville, PAAugust 13, 2013
I gained a lot from management experience in a for-profit system.
Unsatisfactory
Emergency Room Registrar (Former Employee), Coatesville, PAAugust 6, 2013
Pros: flexible scheduling
Cons: inexperienced staff
high turnover rating. Unfair work practices. Unapproachable management. Common HIPAA violations. Employee/patient
always busy
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee), Coatesville, PAMay 27, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: short breaks, shiff rotations
best part of my job was working in the operating room,hardest part of my job new supervisors almost every 3 years.
Face pace environment
Emergency Room Registrar/Admissions (Former Employee), Coatesville, PAMay 22, 2013
Pros: helping when i was needed
Cons: never having enough time in between registering patients
My work hours consisted of patients coming into the ER with various conditions that could of been minor or life threatening. I learned no matter what condition the patient was in I had to calm, and I had to keep the pace moving. My co-workers played their part, and we were a team oriented group. My hardest part of my job was when I witnessed close family members come for life-threatening circumstances. The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing I was serving my community since I was from the area.
medical hospital with an eating disorder treatment facility
therapist (Current Employee), coatesville pa.May 2, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: working holidays and some weekends
I have a case load of five individual patients. My responsibilities include providing individual therapy, treatment planning and case management. Our treatment program uses a multidisciplinary treatment approach. We treat up to twenty patients male and female ranging in ages thirteen to older adult.
Real Work
Nurse (Current Employee), Coatesville, PAJanuary 24, 2013
Pros: movie tickets and random free snacks for good work, rewarding work, real & honest co-workers
Cons: no merit pay, understaffed constantly, vacation/holidays days are only paid for 8hours (patient care staff work 12 hour shifts)
I enjoy coming to work and know that the work I do makes a difference in my peoples lives. Health is something we take advantage of until we are at a low point and land in a hospital. I want to be that person to get our patients back on their feet again. I like to see the progression from tears to smiles.

However, I am strongly discouraged by handful of co-workers who remain bitter, unmotivated, and generally angry. Why are they angry? Well, our job is difficult. We are cursed at, vomited and bleed on. You must be thick skinned to take it. But that isn't the reason why some are discouraged. Why should we work hard? The hospital network does not reward me or anyone else for their hard work. Salary is not merit based at all! I know nurses who have been here over 10 years without a single raise. Hard workers are spread thin while the whiners and complainers are rewarded for their poor behavior by given simple tasks and tucked away on the easier floors/departments.

The cafeteria workers are run by high school drop outs who cannot complete the simplest of tasks. The food is unbearable, not enough, and often times cold. The staff in the cafeteria are rude and unprofessional. The hospital's dirty little secret is how bad the food is.

Brandywine Hospital does have its positives. It is an excellent job in supporting their staff through education (ie tuition reimbursement) and flexible scheduling. Several co-workers have had real-life emergencies and our supervisors are quite understanding. Opportunity for extra hours (if you aren't too tired by the end of the week). Freedom to be – more... creative. If you feel like you know a better system of doing things, you can do it. They welcome new ideas.

In conclusion, the nature of this job is satisfying. Salary is less than average and the hospital NEEDS to financially reward its hard workers before they become bitter workers. Invest in your team! Immediately! Good workers are walking out and even worst, getting hurt from doing too much. A new company needs to take over the food services, they have had enough complaints and chances and have gotten worst over the years. I thoroughly respect that the hospital works around an individuals' schedule and home life. In the end, I love and appreciate my job! However, I question whether my job appreciates and loves me back. – less
I loved working with all the patients I ever had at this acute facility
NA-Senior and Adult Behavioral Health Unit (Former Employee), Coatesville, PANovember 28, 2012
Pros: great staff
Cons: owner chs (community health services) did not put enough money into patient care.
Started my shift by taking vitals on the patients. Would get report from previous shift so I knew what happened that day. Worked with RN's from admission to discharge with the patients. Received patients from the ED and after paperwork was signed would bring them to the unit once medically cleared. The most rewarding part of this job was seeing people return to good health.
I loved working with all the patients I ever had at this acute facility
Pros: great staff
Good job for learning but no advancement
Admissions Specialist (Current Employee), Coatesville, PASeptember 23, 2012
Pros: birthday parties
Cons: no breaks except 20 mins for lunch
Fast paced; insurance; team players; hardest part of the job - bathroom breaks; distance 20 mins.
food service, fast past
Cashier (Former Employee), Coatesville, PAJuly 25, 2012
Pros: working with self
Cons: emploees, bad pay
checking customers out
cleaning
stocking beverages
fast past work
Stressful environment
Patient Registration ER (Former Employee), CoatesvilleJune 11, 2012
Pros: good pay
Cons: lack of training, having to rely on co-workers to train you
I enjoyed working with the patients at Brandywine. I did not like the pressure cooker environment that I was put in. Environment was pretty much different departments being pitted against each other. High turn over because honestly lack of training. Expected to do more with less. Some aspects of their system is outdated. Some of the co-workers that were told to train you really did not have an interest in doing so. Could be a better environment if they had longer training session with personnel that is strictly there to train. The collections aspect should be handled by another department like billing. Codes should be announced by the unit clerk in nurses station during the evening.

Brandywine Hospital Salaries