Brandywine Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Very productive and fun atmoshere and good team players
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coatesville, PADecember 18, 2015
I loved working at Brandywine Hospital. The administrative staff are wonderful and very helpful in any situation when it comes to their staff. They are willing to work with you with any accommodations you may need. The pay could have been better but they make up for it by teaching you things that enhance your scope of practice. They have many opportunities for career advancement as well.
Pros
career advancement opportunities, excellent working environment, well staffed, great team players
Cons
short breaks with long shifts, not very competitive pay offered
Good staff position
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Coatesville, PASeptember 25, 2015
It is a great place to work to see a variety of diagnosis, but some staff have been there a while and not progressive. The management is not into making clinic more progressive and does not provide any continuing education. Limited funds to get access for more updated equipment and slow for change to occur.
Pros
Great benefits and pay
Cons
Limited resources to perform job; no continuing education; no room for growth in profession
not a great place to work
Director of Pharmacy (Current Employee) –  Coatesville, PASeptember 27, 2015
The administration does not believe in compensating employees or staffing appropriately. The CNO, CFO and CEO make in excess of 95 per hour. This information was leaked out in an email by the hr department of how much each employee earns. Of course, no disciplinary action was taken against this employee. Over all a bad culture and poor medical care with sub par doctors.
Pros
the grounds are nice
Cons
bad management and c-suite
Busy hospital culture
Critical Care RN in intensive care unit (Current Employee) –  Coatesville, PAAugust 26, 2015
Busy hospital culture with typical pros and cons. Staffing is always a challenge. Employee turnover is a challenge in our unit. However, my coworkers are reliable, highly competent, highly passionate individuals that deeply care about their patients. I have a wonderful group of coworkers that I have grown to rely upon for their experience, knowledge and professionalism. I also know they are confident in my abilities.
Pros
Reliable coworkers
Cons
Health care benefits, employee turnover, lack of educational opportunities
N/a
Psychiatric Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Coatesville, PAFebruary 28, 2016
A typical a day of work consists of multi-tasking, efficiency, time management while serving the clients from a strength based perspective and cultural sensitivity.
Got along with all co-workers in our department
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Coatesville, PAJuly 7, 2016
Enjoyed helping patients with their balances on the hospital claims. Putting them on a payment plan making phone calls to remind them about the payment.
Pros
helping patients with their balances
Cons
was unset that the billing department moved
Loved the patients and my job, disappointed in leadership of administration
MANAGER OF BEHAVIORAL HEALTH ADMISSIONS (Former Employee) –  Coatesville, PASeptember 15, 2015
I accepted this position and was asked to change the culture and the protocols/processes of how the admissions department flowed from the ER to the psychiatric units and to improve the hospital's overall poor community image.
My position was eliminated after I had been promoted about a year prior.
The company furloughed many staff while I was there and the employees felt many poor leadership decisions.
Overall I did learn a lot but feel ultimately how the community and collateral agencies view this hospital is correct.
Not the best
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Coatesville, PAJune 19, 2016
Staffing ratios aren't safe. Pay is not good. During weather emergency cafeteria closed and everyone did not eat even though we had to sleep there for 1+ days. I wouldn't send a dying dog to that place. Revolving door with staffing. Not a good place to work or be a patient
Energetic and Fun Place to work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Coatesville, PASeptember 22, 2015
The staff and my co-workers were all great team players. Each person brought a bit of spark into the work place. I loved the fast pace of working in the ER and the Lab. The most enjoyable part of the day for me, was seeing my re-occurring patients. And knowing that they were well pleased with my work. I always look forward to seeing their smiling faces each week. Overall, Brandywine Hospital is a great place to work.
Pros
incentives and awards and sometimes free food
Cons
short lunch time and very few breaks
Learned many different skills throughout the facility. Conquered daily challenges with a subtle satisfaction. Time constraints met.
office coordinator (Former Employee) –  Coatesville, PANovember 3, 2015
The position was eliminated d\t downsizing. I enjoyed working with the employees, and grateful for the time and opportunity.
Great Co workers Interesting patients
Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Coatesville, PASeptember 29, 2015
40 hours a week plus call and holidays.
Very heavy on Vascular studies
Work alone manage many things at once and work closely with the ER doctors, PA's and Nurse Practitioners
Working an off shift is the hardest part.
My co workers are the best part of my job as well as interacting with patients.
This is a behavioral health facility.
Pros
Local
Cons
Alone, Off shift
Crazy but busy
Staff RN - ICU (Current Employee) –  Coatesville, PANovember 4, 2015
Love working in a small community hospital - But working for a For Profit company owned hospital can be frustrating - the cost is more important than the care
Lousy place to work, high turn over
Maitenance (Former Employee) –  Coatesville, PASeptember 29, 2014
stay away from that place, osha should do random inspections, not a safe place to work
Cons
no real raises
Wonderful, family environment
Certified MRI/X-ray tech (Current Employee) –  Coatesville, PAJune 7, 2012
Great work environment that is always encouraging to do better, work harder and provide the best quality work for the patient. With patient safety being the number 1 priority. A typical day at work is working as a team to provide fast, quality service with mininuim wait. Hardest part of the job is learning new equipment while still providing fast service.
Pros
family environment, wonderful support system, knowledgeable coworkers.
Cons
learning new equipment
Real Work
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Coatesville, PAJanuary 24, 2013
I enjoy coming to work and know that the work I do makes a difference in my peoples lives. Health is something we take advantage of until we are at a low point and land in a hospital. I want to be that person to get our patients back on their feet again. I like to see the progression from tears to smiles.

However, I am strongly discouraged by handful of co-workers who remain bitter, unmotivated, and generally angry. Why are they angry? Well, our job is difficult. We are cursed at, vomited and bleed on. You must be thick skinned to take it. But that isn't the reason why some are discouraged. Why should we work hard? The hospital network does not reward me or anyone else for their hard work. Salary is not merit based at all! I know nurses who have been here over 10 years without a single raise. Hard workers are spread thin while the whiners and complainers are rewarded for their poor behavior by given simple tasks and tucked away on the easier floors/departments.

The cafeteria workers are run by high school drop outs who cannot complete the simplest of tasks. The food is unbearable, not enough, and often times cold. The staff in the cafeteria are rude and unprofessional. The hospital's dirty little secret is how bad the food is.

Brandywine Hospital does have its positives. It is an excellent job in supporting their staff through education (ie tuition reimbursement) and flexible scheduling. Several co-workers have had real-life emergencies and our supervisors are quite understanding. Opportunity for extra hours (if you aren't too tired by the end of the week). Freedom to be
  more... creative. If you feel like you know a better system of doing things, you can do it. They welcome new ideas.

In conclusion, the nature of this job is satisfying. Salary is less than average and the hospital NEEDS to financially reward its hard workers before they become bitter workers. Invest in your team! Immediately! Good workers are walking out and even worst, getting hurt from doing too much. A new company needs to take over the food services, they have had enough complaints and chances and have gotten worst over the years. I thoroughly respect that the hospital works around an individuals' schedule and home life. In the end, I love and appreciate my job! However, I question whether my job appreciates and loves me back.
Pros
movie tickets and random free snacks for good work, rewarding work, real & honest co-workers
Cons
no merit pay, understaffed constantly, vacation/holidays days are only paid for 8hours (patient care staff work 12 hour shifts)
always really busy, not suited to handle at STAT situations
Pharmacy technician (Former Employee) –  Coatesville, PAJanuary 22, 2015
fill all inpatient medications
make IVs
unit dosing
charging and crediting under Cerner
Pros
having a job
Cons
high turn over rate, working alone on 2nd shift, unapproachable management
medical hospital with an eating disorder treatment facility
therapist (Current Employee) –  coatesville pa.May 2, 2013
I have a case load of five individual patients. My responsibilities include providing individual therapy, treatment planning and case management. Our treatment program uses a multidisciplinary treatment approach. We treat up to twenty patients male and female ranging in ages thirteen to older adult.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
working holidays and some weekends
Stressful environment
Patient Registration ER (Former Employee) –  CoatesvilleJune 11, 2012
I enjoyed working with the patients at Brandywine. I did not like the pressure cooker environment that I was put in. Environment was pretty much different departments being pitted against each other. High turn over because honestly lack of training. Expected to do more with less. Some aspects of their system is outdated. Some of the co-workers that were told to train you really did not have an interest in doing so. Could be a better environment if they had longer training session with personnel that is strictly there to train. The collections aspect should be handled by another department like billing. Codes should be announced by the unit clerk in nurses station during the evening.
Pros
good pay
Cons
lack of training, having to rely on co-workers to train you
Face pace environment
Emergency Room Registrar/Admissions (Former Employee) –  Coatesville, PAMay 22, 2013
My work hours consisted of patients coming into the ER with various conditions that could of been minor or life threatening. I learned no matter what condition the patient was in I had to calm, and I had to keep the pace moving. My co-workers played their part, and we were a team oriented group. My hardest part of my job was when I witnessed close family members come for life-threatening circumstances. The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing I was serving my community since I was from the area.
Pros
helping when i was needed
Cons
never having enough time in between registering patients
Fun place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Coatesville, PAJune 7, 2014
Good place to work at the beginning of your career for stepping stone.

2.8