Branford Hall Career Institute Employee Reviews

handling paper work and answering phones
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Amityville, NYSeptember 19, 2017
typical day would be working along side with stuff making calls and copies and filing folders
-I learn to working in a school and manage papers and keeping up with students grades
Pros
perfect job
Cons
not enough hours
At the end of every semester there's a potlock where everyone be like a family
Federal work study student - Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYSeptember 18, 2017
I have learned a lot in just one month and everyone was so kind to me and i love working in that kind of environment because they don't make you feel useless
Pros
often bake sales
Cons
lunch breaks
Run
Financial Aid Officer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 14, 2017
They want and want and want from you but give nothing in return. No raises , no promotions , nothing. They don't care about their employees , they burn them out . high turnover
Instructors are not valued
Medical coding Instructor (Former Employee) –  Branford, CTJuly 21, 2017
No raises, no paid time off, no sick time - little respect.

The head of the school changes every 4 - 6 months, and with each change new demands are made of the instructors. In the mean time, the school is going downhill, and the students are unhappy and complaining to the instructors, who are literally keeping the school running.
I enjoy working here.
Medical Assistant Instructor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 26, 2017
I enjoyed working with the students and teaching them what I have learned from working in the field.
The students ages range from 17 to adults in their 60's. Very diverse back grounds.
Pros
teaching
Cons
I miss patients.
Poor customer service
Medical Billing Instructor (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJune 26, 2017
The management is extremely non-supporting of staff. Company is only concerned with the "numbers", and government money. As a former employee of 10 years the only enjoyable part of working for this company was teaching the students.
Productive, Efficient, Professional
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYJune 16, 2017
Welcomes visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries. File for the campus president.Call persons waiting for visitor and book them a room to meet in.
Schedule meetings and conference rooms.Make coffee and set out food.Ensure reception area is tidy.Coordinate mail flow in and out of office.Coordinate office activities.Handle phone calls from people calling in sick. Arrange appointments.Give visitors badges and direct them to where they can sign in.Send email and faxes.Take and relay messages.
Very attentive school
Peer Mentor (Former Employee) –  Southington, CTMay 31, 2017
The teachers at this school are very friendly and want to see each student succeed. If you're ever struggling, they will take the time to help you, as long as you take the time for yourself.
No need to write a review
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAMay 18, 2017
this is a call/volunteer fire department and I will not write a review on this because its not a review-able job. I don't do this job for the money.I do it to service my town
money centered greed
Tutor/Instructor (Current Employee) –  Southington, CTMay 10, 2017
The upper management is more about chasing dollars than the education of the students. Campus directors have no knowledge of education or what is educationally sound.

Teachers are dedicated and will go out of the way for the students.
Cons
no raises in 7 years.
Instructors care about their students
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTMay 2, 2017
This school attracts students who have failed before. Teachers try to make a difference. The rewards come from making a difference. The school's current declining student population makes employment opportunities glum.
Pros
Teachers care
Cons
Students lack motivation and have low self-esteem
Rewarding
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Southington, CTApril 25, 2017
I probably would have left some time ago if it wasn't for my co-workers. Pay raises are non existent, and sometimes you are made to feel guilty if you want them.The job is rewarding when you see students succeed in their field of study. There is some management support but I do believe upper management has no clue what it's like to actually be in the classroom. Because admissions is based on the almighty dollar (and quotas) the pool of students can be challenging. We are expected to retain students even if they cannot speak, understand, or write English.
Pros
Co-workers, motivated students
Cons
Sometimes expected to perform miracles
Decent PT job while in school
Internship (Former Employee) –  Southington, CTApril 5, 2017
I worked PT while in school here. Most of the staff was nice. They didn't challenge me much, but it was easy money. I don't recommend wasting your money to attend the school. They don't tell you the whole story on tuition and never helped me to find a job.
Pros
Easy money
Cons
Not enough hours
Medical Assisting Instructor (Former Employee) –  Southington, CTMarch 29, 2017
I liked working at Branford Hall and helping students achieve their goals as Medical Assistants.

Great school to attend.

Curriculum is good and they learn a lot
Vantage Point within Branford Hall
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTMarch 21, 2017
Horrible Management, Benefits, Staff cliques and Faculty cliques. Way too many overturns with directors, staff and faculty. Teachers stealing from company. Not a place I would ever ever recommend!!!
Horrible people and company
Financial Aid Director (Former Employee) –  Bohemia, NYMarch 13, 2017
Horrible people and company. Management does not care about employees only numbers. Expectation was for employees to come in at 8:30am and leave at 11:30am 6 days a week. Even asked if you could work on Sunday if numbers were not met. Work and moral ethics were nonexistent and borderline criminal. Most employee turnover than any other place I have worked for. Staff used to have a betting pool on how long new employees would last.
Terrible company to work for!
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Branford, CTMarch 9, 2017
Management,especially corporate higher-ups are nothing but bullies. They belittle their employees and treat them like children. No matter how many phone calls you make or how many students you enroll it's never enough. You are forced to enroll students who may not be a good fit for the school, especially during a start week when no student is allowed to not enroll...they want students starting the same day. That's all they care about is the bottom line. Students don't have uniforms or books and there aren't enough teachers. To top it off the building is a mess. There is a high rate of turnover leaving the school in constant chaos. In the time I was there I never met a happy employee. This is a terrible company to work for.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
management/corporate management
Extern Coordinator
Clinical Instructor (Current Employee) –  Bohemia, NYJanuary 25, 2017
I worked very closely with my office contact and students I was sending out on their externships.

I worked on daily of the LDA, checking on my students who were out in field, and worked on my reports for the corporate office.

I managed the students who were out on their sites, making they were doing their responsibilities also making sure the office they are at were doing their job but teaching my students

Looking for new sites or new employer for the students who will be going out or the students that need jobs.
Pros
great work enivorment
Career Institute
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MA 001107January 12, 2017
I had a great experience working at bran-ford hall career institute as a work study student. I enjoyed working here. I would recommend other students to apply.
Make your own schedule
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Southington, CTJanuary 6, 2017
Great place for moms, part time work, evening hours, etc. Daytime class hours can be anywhere from 6 - 24 hours a week, evening hours can offer an additional 18 hours a week. Class schedules change often allowing for flexibility as needed.