Branford Hall Career Institute Employee Reviews

A positive work enviroment
Instructor for Medical Billing and Coding Program (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYAugust 9, 2016
My experience with Branford Hall has been over all a positive experience. It's been very rewarding helping students achieve their goals in their quest of a new career.
Pros
Love working with the students
Cons
To far from my home, 1hr 15mins.
Great place
Medical Assistant Tutor, Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYJuly 11, 2016
Received a great education and enjoyed working for them as well, I've really learned a lot and look forward to working in medical field
The Director in Woodland Park was the best boss that I ever had.
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Woodland Park, NJJune 29, 2016
If not for certain circumstances, I would have stayed!!! I miss the work ethics, atmosphere, flexibility and especially working with a wonderful staff. I wish them the best of luck always!
Pros
Flexibility, awesome management
Teaching
Medical Assistant Program Director (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYJune 27, 2016
A great place to work. I honestly do not have much to say about this company. I would recommend this job to teachers. I am writing this review and I am a little irritated that I have to put so many words into the review.
The job was great
Admin Assistant to Campus Registrar (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJApril 6, 2016
It was a simple job, I was tasked with filing paperwork, putting in attendance, stamping envelopes, and making photocopies of some documents.
Admissions
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Amityville, NYMarch 14, 2016
Branford Hall Career Institute is a great place to start your admissions career. However you are only limited at 44 hours per week, and are not compensated the hours that you work over. They will only adjust your hours that you work over 44 hours. Aside from that, there are no computers for the admissions team. Therefore it makes it difficult to know who called who. There is really no structure when it comes to dialing potential student leads. The management on the other hand are dedicated to assisting you will bettering your ability to enroll.
I enjoyed the freedom and seeing students gain knowledge
Lead Instructor Health Claims Specialist (Current Employee) –  Southington, CTFebruary 9, 2016
I was here from Sept 1998 to 2006 and then again from July 2011 to current. I was the lead Instructor and the school let me gain all the knowledge needed and to continue my own education. The students were from all backrounds and abilities. Seeing them make it to graduation and find jobs in this field is very rewarding. I think Branford Hall was a great place for a job and very rewarding.
Pros
Able to teach all level of medical coding
games , entertainment
student (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTJanuary 27, 2016
my name is indriannie rosado 19 of hartford . im a fulltime student , i attend school, 4 days a week , im very independent outgoing , enjoy working with elderly people , enjoy keeping them company . i can cook , clean anything that needs to be done can get done !
Pros
working with people that i enjoy being around
Get me a job
Medical Administrative Assistant Instructor (Current Employee) –  Bohemia, NY/Windsor CTSeptember 17, 2015
I would love it if you could help me find a full time job. My hours are cut at the tip of a hat. I can't live like this I need a full time Job
teaches how to be successful in your career
Massage Therapy Internship (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MASeptember 11, 2015
applies the knowledge and course aimed for your field with out the extra courses that cost too much and doesn't pertain to the career field desired
Not the best work enviornment
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee) –  Bohemia, NYAugust 12, 2015
Sadly I love the education system, Branford Hall was only about the bottom dollar. I loved working with current and perspective students. The hardest part of the job was my ethical concerns with placing a student in a program that I didn't think was the best fit for them and it was more about the bottom dollar then anything.
Pros
3 really great co-workers and the teachers were amazing.
Cons
School is only concerned about the bottom dollar.
Terrible management, they drive people out
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJuly 30, 2015
The turn around at this institute is indescribable. No empathy from upper management, they want you to do the amount of work that 3 people should be doing but they will underpay you to do so.
Pros
Great coworkers, hour lunch break, student interaction
Cons
High turnover, lack of consistency, understaffed, absolutely no empathy from upper management.
Fun work place a lot of interaction with people
Medical Billing and Coding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAMay 12, 2015
A typical day would start at 8 until 5. I would help open up the store prepare for the day. My job title was cashier I would also do inventory. I loved working with my co-workers.
Pros
Good hours
A great place to start an Instructing Career
Medical Assistant Instructor (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYFebruary 12, 2015
It is a very culturally diverse place to work. I enjoyed the people that I worked with and the students that I have had the pleasure to instruct.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Short breaks, no vacation, no health care
HVAC/R Technician who is willing to learn and accomplish
HVAC/R Technician (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MANovember 20, 2014
Enjoy working with fun people, love to face new challenges and love to work on Refrigeration systems. Also love cleaning Furnaces and Filters. Get along well with co-workers and love to accomplish assignments on time.
Benefits
Cons
Short lunch breaks
Making sure everything all set
Register Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAAugust 4, 2014
Start the day reviewing my patients' chart. Set up on any procedures a head of time. Recheck if patient had their labs done. Document any information that patient bring and vital signs. Help co-workers when they need a helping hand. Everyday I learn something new. The hardest part of my job, well nothing if I don't understand there always someone to give a helping hand. The most enjoyable part of my job to see patient appreciate your care.
Pros
activities and some days free lunch
Cons
healthcare too expensive
Unethical Company and Executive Leadership Team
School Director (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJuly 30, 2014
Stay away from this company. The management style is to manage down and out. It is a revolving door.
Pros
Cons
This place is not an enjoyable place to work, the culture is horrible.
Unfair workplace provides no training
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  branford, ctJune 12, 2014
The only enjoyable part of this job was seeing how excited students were to start school. This "school" more like company only cares about the money. Education is the last thing that is on their minds. Working in the admissons department is like have a cover up job. Call 150 people a day and hey if that person never answers. Branford halls solution is just to cll them over and over until they answer. How annoy to receive 15 phone calls in a row. I would consider that harassment, but its allowed by this company. Co-worker in this department are not friendly they come off as they are but truly they will do what ever they can to get the good leads and take your enrollments away from you that is why there is a new advisor at least every three months. I wouldn't recommend working here at all the provide NO training and expect you to know your job in and out from your first day!
The students and instructors were wonderful to work with
Career Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTJune 2, 2014
Very busy work environment where you always have more than enough work to do. The phone for my office rings off the hook due to the high demand of career assistance for graduates and current students.
Pros
very rewarding experience
Cons
contradictory policies and procedures/too many cooks in the kitchen
Excellent on the job training
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAMarch 26, 2014
As a Work Study I would help other students as well as set up operation systems for both student and class labs.
Pros
On hands experience
Cons
Only lasts for 2 months

2.9