Brantley Security Services Employee Reviews

Security Guard (Former Employee), Nashville, TNAugust 17, 2015
Pros: Getting to meet awesome people from around the world litterally
Cons: Short breaks, management
A typical day at work, you come in, get your radio and headset and wait for your supervisor to tell you where your post is. I learned a lot of patience at this job. I also learned about security. The management had their favorites and it was no secret to who they were. My co-workers were really cool. We all connected on a level even with the different age range. The hardest part of the job was will power. Standing 12 and 16 hour shifts was the worst part. Sometimes you didn't even get breaks. The most enjoyable part was getting to be apart of some of Nashville's biggest events like The CMA's, Comic Con. All White Affair Party, and many more.
Ridiculous requirements
Security Guard (Current Employee), Nashville, TNApril 20, 2015
Long hours, standing in one spot for 12-15 hours. Management was terrible asked of employees to do things that they themselves found ridiculous.
Very easy job
Security Guard (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHDecember 20, 2014
Pros: easy job
Cons: low pay lack of advancement
I check electrical rooms for low batteries in fire alarm system, check vacate stores for maintenance issues and patrol property on foot and in patrol car. I document everything done on my shift and check the documentation of other shifts.
Great!
Valet Parking Attendant (Current Employee), Lexington, KYOctober 14, 2014
Great staff! Very fun to work with and flexible hours. Supervisors were very fair and treated everyone great
nice place
Automobile Valet (Former Employee), Lexington, KYJune 25, 2014
liked people
outdoors
drove various types of automobiles
good working hours
Very well organized
Security (Former Employee), Louisville, KYMarch 15, 2014
Everything was done in a well organized fashion, well prepared, and friendly environment.
Very poor management, that lack in people skills, lie to there employees, do not back there staff and compensation in very lacking.
Security Officer (Former Employee), Louisville, KYOctober 18, 2013
Cons: working for them period
Not a good, reliable company to work for. Do no train, management is lacking in all types of communication skills. Will work you, till your socks fall off and do not care if you show up unable to preform your duties. Do not back there employees, employee compensation is a JOKE, along with the insurance they offer. They have NO. morals or ethics, especially to there clients.
Crummy place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee), Louisville, KentuckyOctober 8, 2013
Pros: some post pay more than others and have good working conditions
Cons: inconsistent work schedules, low pay, no benefits, deceiptive hiring practices, some post have no toliet facilty
This company is a contradiction. They tell you one thing, but you get something else. Was supposed to be hired into a 'full time' position, but had continual inconsistent work schedules. One week I was scheduled to work 18 hours, the next week 21, then 44, then 40, then 12, etc. I told the HR person when I was hired, I couldn't work second shift on specific days, and yet, even after repeatedly reminding management of this fact, they continued to schedule me on second shift on the very days I've told them I can't work! They basically want people to work for them that have no life, and will work any days or hours they 'bless you with'. What's even more ironic, is that management was leaving flyers at posts wanting employees to encourage friends and relatives to come to work for them, and if they work at least 24 hours a week for 90 days, the employee and the new hire get a $150 hiring bonus! Yet they couldn't even give me consistent hours from week to week. WHAT A JOKE! They offered me a 'permanent' post. It was driving around a Walmart parking lot 12 hours a day 3 days a week for $7.50 an hour! Wow!
Great Company
Account Manager (Current Employee), Nashville, TNJune 11, 2013
Pros: working concerts
Cons: sometimes you are working in bad weather.
Many interesting experiences over the past 4 years including helpful employees, supportive administrative staff. Typical days include patrols, interaction with clients, and staff.
warm for a hour
Security Officer (Former Employee), Nashville, TNApril 22, 2013
Pros: coworkers
Cons: no set breaks
Walk in to work login computer and read the daily security log for 1-2nd shift i take the first hour round and he get the next round. the hard part is the the winter cold, the most fun was summer night cool.
High Turn overs
Commanding Security Officer (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDFebruary 28, 2013
Cons: low pay, benefits are too expensive, lunch breaks are too short, and no room for growth.
A typical work day starts off with roll call and hearing about a whole lot of things that really don't pertain to the shift or posts being filled. What I learned was how to Command several different post as well as report writing, drills, training other guards, and the 10-code. I don't know many of my co-workers because the company doesn't allow use to congregate with our co-workers except to exchange work related information.The hardest part of the job is doing rounds every 20 min. The most enjoyable part for me is working the graveyard shift.
Love the building tenants they are very professional.
Security Guard (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHFebruary 7, 2013
Cons: short breaks and health care
My typical day at work is very quiet around 6am tenant come in really like that they are very polite! I think the management is ok but it seem's like it's getting better. My co- workers their has been getting better, I never done security before i learned how to stay com and how to stay alert. But the hardest part of my job is when people get stuck in the elevator's i feel so bad!
Approachable supervisors
Security Enforcement Officer (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 26, 2012
Pros: readily accessible management assistance
Cons: inconsistent scheduling
Brantley is a client concerned security company. As a result, post orders and details may vary with the changing concerns of the client. This can be helpful or challenging at times.