Brasfield & Gorrie

Brasfield & Gorrie Employer Reviews

Secretary
ADMINSTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Birmingham AlJuly 25, 2014
I worked in a office and managed payroll, filing, answering phone calls.
My Dream Job
Site Assistant (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCMarch 13, 2014
I loved the job, unfortunately my position was only available if the Superintendent had a job site. Most enjoyable part was earning the nicknames on the job site from the subs for making sure they keep their paper work up to date. The coworkers are what made my job meaningful when I could help them solve a problem.
Difficult place to work in but learned alot.
Rodman (Former Employee), Auburn, ALFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: long hours, good pay, learning and understanding what engineers and carpenters do.
Cons: working in the different elements.
The hardest part of the job would be working in all of the elements. The most enjoyable part of the job was the experince and knowledge gained from the individuals that I not only worked with but was introduced to.
Great work place if you are working in construction
Labor/Operator/Engineer Assistant (Former Employee), Meridian, MississippiJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: great benifits
I worked at Brasfield & Gorrie full-time for about 6 months.(Really cant say much about the company because i had to go back to school).Honest people, leadership and ethics start from the top. I enjoyed my tenure here. The great reputation of this company held by clients and employees is much deserved. I was very happy at B&G and highly recommend it – more... to anyone seeking employment – less
Safety concious workplace
Pipe fitter (Former Employee), cheyenne wyomingOctober 31, 2013
Pros: keeping me phisically fit.
Cons: unhappy with wages and the inability for manegment to decide on changes
All hands meeting to go over safety and the day's job site changes. Get with crew for a brief overview of my crew task for the day. Fuse and lay hdp pipe 40ft at a time using a fuse machine with facer and heating iron. Forman oversees progress throughout the day. i learned how to put in many different types of pipe, how to run different pieces of equipment. – more... My co-workers were for the most part helpful and easy to work with.The hardest part of my job is grading the ditches that the pipe is going to be laid into. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to work outside and learn so many new things. – less
Much different that a creative architectural office.
Document Control Coordinator (Current Employee), Nashville, TNAugust 13, 2013
Pros: the job was totally mine, no one else in the office did what i did, i set my own priorities and got the work done, my supervisors are very satisfied with my work.
Cons: atmosphere set by company and certain individuals was not pleasant many times.
I log in submittals, RFIs (request for information), ASIs (architect's supplimental information), CCDs (construction change directive), DBEs (diversity business enterprise - minority and women owned businesses as well as small business licenses) and field reports. I also took part in creating and assembled Monthly Reports for the client as well as the – more... company.
I am responsible for updating 7 volumes of drawings for 20 different people ranging from the Lead Superintendent, Field Superintendents, Field Engineers, Project Managers and general plan room.
I also distributed electronically and by hard copy all RFIs, ASIs, CCDs and field reports to all prime sub-contractors.
This all involved a lot of multitasking and self-starting. I liked being busy all the time. I had a few breaks inbetween updates which were enough of a rest before starting all over again. – less
it is good place to work & safety
General Labor (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 26, 2013
Pros: the office staff was great
Cons: health insurance
the superiendents was very thoughtful to the workers
they try to help you anyway the could and hours was good
Great Company
Job Site Assistant (Former Employee), Lancaster, SCApril 2, 2013
Great Company to work for. Hard to find a job that will last more than two years.
Great Job
Buck Hoist Operator (Former Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 9, 2012
I really enjoyed working for them and I think that people should always take there jobs more seriously.
Worked many hours - not allowed breaks
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLMay 30, 2012
Pros: if you need overtime, this is the place
Cons: they don't know when to lighten up on the reigns. unhappy employees.
Good company to work for, immediate boss was hard core and and it made for a long day. Job advancement was rare and so were the raises - lots of promise's, no follow through.
they seem to hire people for one job at a time. nothing long term
carpenter (Former Employee), atlanta,gaMarch 1, 2012
Pros: breaks and overtime
they only want you if they have a crunch. let u go as soon as they get a chance.

About Brasfield & Gorrie

Brasfield & Gorrie works alongside clients to build up the South one project at a time. The company provides construction management, – Read more