Brasfield & Gorrie Employee Reviews

Family Friendly
Project Management Admin Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 29, 2017
Christian company. Family-oriented culture. Company does strive to be the best and treats everyone fairly and with respect. It is hard for a person to change their role . .. easy to be pigeon-holed.
Great company to work with and excellent work culture
Project Manager Intern (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 12, 2017
I was a co-op working with Brasfield & Gorrie and worked with them for three separate semester. Working with them was a great experience! I was able to gain work experience as a Project Manager in both the office and on site, and I also had the opportunity to work in the field. My first semester I came in with no construction experience but everyone at Brasfield & Gorrie is eager to teach you what you do not know while also seeking to challenge you to better yourself. They have a great safety culture, as it is their first core value, and I was able to see how serious they took safety by working out in the field myself. Brasfield & Gorrie is a great company and it would be an honor for anyone to be able to work with them.
Pros
401K options, great safety culture, highly respected company, hands on experience, continued education opportunities, expert help from technical support
Cons
Large array of construction lingo to learn, sometimes a pull between work and personal time
Great family oriented environment
Intern Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 11, 2017
Interning with this company has given me the chance to gain experience in the Building Construction career field. They offer multiple career paths that involve both office and onsite activity. As an intern I was able to work alongside engineers that were more than willing to help me and show me how to use/apply programs such as Latista, Bluebeam Revu, Excel and more. You will never fill like a stranger working for this company due to the friendly inviting environment created by ALL employees. Brasfield & Gorrie also pays interns well. They implement a 3 year rotation that allows you to gain experience during your college career!
Pros
Pays well, multiple career path selection, great benefits, team environment, balanced work load
Family oriented with genuine desire to see one succeed in career and life.
Safety Intern (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 5, 2017
A typical day consisted of around ten hours of work input on the job site. I learned nearly every process in the industry during my short tenure as an intern. B&G sincerely wants their employees to succeed and they give them the tools, people, and training to get the job done. The culture can best be described as what was previously stated: success. Teamwork is a must, and the majority of the employees interact in a positive, efficient manner. The hardest part of the job is the stresses of management and holding true to the schedule for the project. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to be a part of a team of driven people that share a similar goal and will find a way to succeed in an efficient and ethical way.
Pros
Plenty of training, fraternity with co-workers, housing stipend
Cons
Stressfull
productivity and moral is always high at Brasfield and Gorrie safety first
Carpenter Foreman (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 1, 2017
Brasfield and Gorrie is a great company to work for. They have great benefits great working environment and people you can talk to. However wages was not matching up therefore some people do leave for better oppertunity.
Pros
Brasfield and Gorrie treats people with respect
Cons
Wages was logging
productive work place
Capenter (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 10, 2017
- form, pour concrete, manage crew
- how to use hand and power tools, how to run big machinery
- professional
-great place to work
- heavy lifting
- learning new things everyday
Pros
flexibility
Cons
travel
Loved It
Construction Project Management Intern (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 4, 2017
The only reason I left was for personal reasons, but the team and resources around you at this company are great. "One company" mentality really shows.
Good place to work.good people benefits and work atmosphere
reinforcing ironworker general foreman/foreman (Current Employee) –  Plant miller Quinton alaFebruary 22, 2017
Great place to work good people good benefits. Great atmosphere. High quality work and highly skilled people. I've enjoyed working here and would continue to work for Bradfield &Gorrie.. in the future if they needed me further.
Great job
Job Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCJanuary 4, 2017
Doing all office duties for this company as we expanded the Frye Regional Hospital. I learned how to operate many things in construction. I also was responsible for payroll and new clients and subcontractors. I had a great manager that taught me everything I needed to know. The hardest part of the job was when it ended I had to relocate out of state or have no job.
Pros
Great Company to work for
Cons
Job ended and moves to different states
Just a Job
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALDecember 27, 2016
I was a general laborer. I would do anything from digging ditches to carry supplies. The hardest part of the job was working a jackhammer in 90 degree weather.
Pros
No work when it was raining
Cons
Working outside
Fast paced environment
Carpenter (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLOctober 23, 2016
This company works you hard and pays well. Corporate life is based on safety. If you like seeing new places and working long hours, this company is what your are looking for.
Pros
Good starting pay
Cons
No time off just work
Worked with good people.
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Getnry, ARSeptember 27, 2016
40-50 hours a week 7AM to 3:30 or 4:30PM. Inventory, shipping/receiving, forklift, and organization. Management was really good, had no problems. People I worked with was great and everyone realized it was all about teamwork and safety. Heat Stress and weather makes it tough. Laid back and wasn't worried about bosses pushing you around.
Pros
Good People
Cons
Pay and hours
Great construction firm
Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 9, 2016
Excellent employees throughout the organization that are eager to be successful and enjoy building. I have gained much knowledge in all fields, and particularly public speaking, leading meetings, scheduling, budgets, risk management, claims management.
Excellent Companies
Truck Driver/T&M Crew (Former Employee) –  Gentry, ARApril 5, 2016
I have made very good friends with each and every Company I worked for. I have no complaints with any of them. I would work for them again if given the opportunity, they were all great learning experiences.
Challenging and fun workplace
System Technician (Current Employee) –  Nashville,TNAugust 11, 2015
Challenging responsibilities in a professional environment to utilize my analytical, problem solving skills, experience and technical knowledge for the mutual growth of the company as well as myself.
Pros
Freedom to make decisions
They would buy us Pizza when we were productive.
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 8, 2015
Every day we vacuum,sweep and mop the floor.My co-workers were pretty good.The hardest part of the job was working at high altitude.The most enjoyable part of the job was having weekends off to be able to go to church.
Pros
We had free cold water, gloves, masks.
Cons
There was no sick leave, paid holidays nor vacations.
Very challenging in my role as Job Cost Specialist
Job Cost Specialist (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 27, 2015
It is a fun environment most of the time, but requires lots of focus to get all tasks done. It has a variety of tasks which keeps me busy. It requires a detail oriented person who can manage their time wisely.
A good place to learn
Carpenter/Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando VA Medical CenterApril 23, 2015
I learned a lot at this company. I am grateful for the all the great experience I gained while working there. If you work hard, it does not go unnoticed.
Professional environment with room for growth
Job Site Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAFebruary 6, 2015
Brasfield & Gorrie is a wonderful company to work for. All of the employees I have worked with are professional and willing to assist with any obstacles.
Great Benefits, Awesome Schedule
General Labor / Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 5, 2015
Started to work at 7am-3pm Monday-Friday and Saturdays were optional and paid as overtime. Most of my co-workers were great team players. The hardest part of the job was when transfer from one job site to another without enough time or heads-up. The most I enjoyed was that with in the company you was able to grow.
Pros
Schedule, Health Benefits
Cons
Short Break, Not Enough Notice When Transfer