Division: Braskem America, Inc.
Department: Information Technology
Travel Involved: 0-30%
Job Type: Full Time
Job Level: Professional
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Responsible for supporting the existing design and implementing new business required functionality Braskem’s SAP environment. Work with corporate resources to rollout new functionality. Also responsible for providing SAP support to Braskem America users within functional and technical areas of expertise. This includes developing and maintaining good working relationships with users to understand requirements, evaluate alternate solutions, resolve problems/issues, provide user training, communicate status and document system changes (e.g. new reports and functionality) to the appropriate business levels.
Act as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for:
1) All general ledger functions (including but not limited to chart of accounts with reconciliation, journal entries, month end processing, budgets and forecasting, profit center accounting, financial and management reporting);
2) All accounts payable functions (including but not limited to invoicing, payment information and reporting with variants);
3) All accounts receivable functions (including but not limited to credit management, collections, lockbox and cash applications). Configure SAP and develop/perform unit tests in accordance with specifications.
Bachelor’s Degree and 2-7 years of experience and demonstrated knowledge in one or more of the following areas of Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics, Accounting or Engineering preferred. Candidates with other degrees should have relevant experience.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment where accuracy and follow up are essential to success
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communicaton skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Experience with Finance and Costing concepts and business functions
- Business Process design experience preferred
- Experience in business analysis, requirements gathering and documentation
- Ability to work closely with technical/business users and to instruct them in formal and informal settings
- Ability to manage a budget for a small project (< $50,000)
- Ability to effectively work in a team environment and yet work independently handling multiple tasks
- Ability to analyze business processes and effect changes to meet or exceed business requirements
- Experience and proficiency with SAP (FICO preferred), data warehousing and reporting tools (SAP BW/Businesss Objects tools preferred)